Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea Poster Map Folio

4.20/5 (based on 16 ratings)
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea Poster Map Folio

Add Folio $19.99 $9.99

Add PDF $13.99 $10.49

Facebook Twitter Email

One World, Countless Adventures

See the Inner Sea as you never have before! Discover adventures you never knew existed and make your mark on the Pathfinder Campaign Setting with the Inner Sea Poster Map Folio!

This enormous mega-map depicts the Inner Sea region of Golarion, the thrilling heart of the Pathfinder Campaign Setting. Four quadrant posters form a comprehensive view of the Inner Sea region, measuring 3-1/2 feet wide by over 5 feet tall—that’s almost 20 square feet of adventure! Distinct and easy to read tags mark hundreds of towns, villages, castles, dungeons, and other intriguing locations drawn from the complete catalogue of Pathfinder offerings to date. Check out every locale in the encyclopedic Inner Sea World Guide, as well as key sites from Pathfinder Adventure Paths, Pathfinder Modules, and Golarion’s history and current events, all revealed as never before. Printed on durable, high-quality paper, this invaluable world reference will endure campaign after campaign.

With the Inner Sea Poster Map Folio, a world of countless adventures, innumerable dangers, and endless possibilities is yours to explore!

Cartography by Rob Lazzaretti

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-271-5

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscription.

Product Availability

Folio:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 11 to 20 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO9228


See Also:

11 to 15 of 16 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

4.20/5 (based on 16 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Slightly dissapointed

3/5

Back when Forgotten Realms had the four poster maps that formed one large map, I had it mounted and it hung on my wall for many years. So, when this product was announced, I was super excited as I would finally be able to replace the map on my wall.

Unfortunately, the four map don't line up right when put together and alot of cutting and overlapping has to be done to make to make it looks right. The western ocean, under Hermea, where the compass is located, had to be cut into 3 pieces to make the mainland map fit right. I wish I could post a photo here but it won't allow it.

The other big problem is the creases. It was impossible to get all the creases out of the map while getting it glued down, no matter how slowly I went with my roller. I wish they had an option to purchase on large printed map sent in a roll-up case. This would eliminate both problems listed here. I would have even paid an extra $100 to buy one large, printed version in rolled up format.

With that said, after two hours of work, I do appreciate the hard work that went into this product and the level of detail added to the map.

I just wish it lined up better and had no noticeable creases.


Must Have

5/5

I got this and found that it is a large sized map, which is great for more detail (there is plenty of detail on the map). I ended up getting 2 copies of it, plus the pdf. I got one copy framed (which is expensive) and the other to take with me as needed. The pdf is great because, when I got it, I got both the single big map and the 4 quarter maps of it. Now the question is, "How long will it take to notice everything?"


5/5

I have a wall. It was a sad wall, empty and devoid of beauty. Now it will be bare no more, for the most awesome RPG setting map ever will appear there.

I love it. I love things I can show to the players and make them go "ooooh". The map of Sandpoint was one such thing, and this is another. Marvelous work from both designers who put all those locations together and Maestro Lazaretti. Incredible.


Sweet!

5/5

Super cool, super huge, no clue where I am going to hang this! The guys picked out where there Kingmaker kingdom was, found the city from Council of Thieves and had a enjoyable couple of minutes pointing out recognizable places. Still not sure how this will come into play in the future but its still pretty sweet.


If you are at all interested in the setting and have the cash . . .

5/5

Before we started our game at the FLGS the night I picked this product up, we laid these out on the table and looked around the map.

Not only did we find all sorts of interesting areas from APs and from Pathfinder Society adventures, it got us talking about the setting, about how traveling from one area to another influences things, what likely go traded with whom.

I also got us talking about the "good old days" and some of the great maps that came with campaign settings of ages past.

Its probably not a mandatory for running games in Golarion, but I have to say, if you have the cash its a great investment.


11 to 15 of 16 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
101 to 150 of 185 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

I cant wait for the PDF to be released... I'm just hopping the watermark doesn't mess with the layout/look on my VTT (Maptools)

I'd buy the hard copy but it would run the look of my almost completed RPG room/table setup I have.

Roll on the 15th!

The Exchange

Manglash wrote:

I cant wait for the PDF to be released... I'm just hopping the watermark doesn't mess with the layout/look on my VTT (Maptools)

I'd buy the hard copy but it would run the look of my almost completed RPG room/table setup I have.

Roll on the 15th!

The watermark is very small in comparison to the map itself. It only shows up on the map in 4 locations, two of which do cross place names, but nothorribly.

Dark Archive

Quote:


The watermark is very small in comparison to the map itself. It only shows up on the map in 4 locations, two of which do cross place names, but nothorribly.

Schaweet!

Roll on PDF release date so I can buy it :)


So set the pdf size to 50%, copy the area you are playing in with snip tool import to Hexographer at 20% opacity and you get a 12 mile to the hex map of anywhere you want..Kingmaker anywhere in Avistan or Garund

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Card Game, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
DM Wellard wrote:
So set the pdf size to 50%, copy the area you are playing in with snip tool import to Hexographer at 20% opacity and you get a 12 mile to the hex map of anywhere you want..Kingmaker anywhere in Avistan or Garund

Or everywhere....

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Just got my paper copy today - very nice. LOTS of details.

What I'd love to see in the future are more maps of the same scale and level of detail continuing off to the east, right where this one left off. That way I could join them with tape or something and just go all the way to the next ocean. I know Avistan is currently the "center" of the world, but with characters from the River Kingdom, Taldan and Qadira, I'm likely to head east and run out of map before before I go to the far west.

Dark Archive

Mosaic wrote:

Just got my paper copy today - very nice. LOTS of details.

The same for me, i got it at work today and could'nt resist opening it up to see how large it was.

My office is staffed full of chemical, structural and electrical engineers and they had the gall to call me a geek today...engineers? calling a gamer a geek? puhlease....

The map was awesome. great job.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I assembled the map and put it up last night. It is freaking huge! very cool. ;)

Scarab Sages

I just received this today and was delighted by the detail and quality of the product. It is quite well-designed and well-worth the wait.

One thing caught my eye, however: I noticed certain areas are much better defined than others. Some of these are to be expected (such as Varisia) as there's been a lot of material written about these areas.

Others, such as Ustalav, were a bit more of a surprise. With relatively little yet published about this nation (outside of Prince of Wolves and Carrion Hill), there sure is a lot developed. Now, I suspect this is because the upcoming Carrion Crown AP has been laid out in a fair amount of detail, and so a number of adventure sites have already been defined.

But then, look at Mediogalti Island. There's quite a bit more defined there than what I initially thought, which leaves me wondering if there's future products planned there. We received hints earlier today from James, who mentions that the Cyclopes had an empire there, and they've got "big plans" for the fallen Cyclopes nations.

There's also been mention on these boards about how the next couple years have been pretty well locked-down for AP schedules.

So, how far ahead of the curve is the Inner Sea Map Folio? How many locations are from as-yet unpublished products (outside of the Inner Sea Primer)? Also, as more locations continue to get added from Campaign Setting books, modules, and APs I imagine this product will become increasingly out of date. Can we look forward to an update to the product every few years?

Personally, I'd love to see an update EVERY year, but I imagine that's unfeasible.

Also, I was sad to see that the Realm of the Mammoth Lords is so ill-defined on the map. I suspect that means there's no near-future plans for fur-clad, megafauna-riding barbarian clans clashing with the hordes of hell, the witch-children of Baba Yaga, and the soul-less Iron Legions of Numeria. Which is a shame, as that pretty much sounds like the greatest campaign ever, doesn't it?

Dark Archive

I brought my PDF copy last night and I am very happy with it.

Although I have a busy week I plan to take the map of River Kingdom and import it into my game maps (Maptools) for my campaign, The map is very well done and is of such good quality that if you don't buy it, your friends will give you a -1 to Moxy!

Anyway, Good work team!

regards
Manglash (NZ)

Paizo Employee Creative Director

weirmonken wrote:

One thing caught my eye, however: I noticed certain areas are much better defined than others. Some of these are to be expected (such as Varisia) as there's been a lot of material written about these areas.

The density of tags in a region is an excellent indicator of several things. A region with a lot of tags probably has one or more of the following features:

a) There's been an adventure path set there.
b) It got a four-page entry plus a regional map in the Campaign Setting Hardcover.
c) It's been the feature of a gazetteer book.

In the case of Ustalav, as with Varisia and Katapesh, all three of these qualify (even though the Ustalav books aren't yet out...).

In any case, the locations for the map include things up through our current releases. And by "current releases," I mean anything and everything we were working on or had map turnovers for up until the day we shipped the map to the printer.

Grand Lodge

James Jacobs wrote:
the locations for the map include things up through our current releases. And by "current releases," I mean anything and everything we were working on or had map turnovers for up until the day we shipped the map to the printer.

Oh yeah? So were did Jorgenfist disappear to? ;-P

That was a joke BTW...

I realize that is impossible to remember every little detail...

-That One Digitalelf Fellow-

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Does the pdf have this as one big map or as 4 maps?


Chris Ballard wrote:
Does the pdf have this as one big map or as 4 maps?

4

Liberty's Edge

Just snagged this at the FLGS. Best thing since the FR trail map (which I was a huge fan of). Great job!


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

I'm a little confused. I just looked at my subscriptions and it shows that I'm subscribed to the Campaign Setting line. This is stated as being part of the Campaign line yet the shipment I just received yesterday included only Serpent's Skull #6, and the Village Square flip mat — the same being reflected in my last shipping notice from Feb 4.

When I view my subscriptions, it shows my current Campaign product as Lost Cities of Golarion, and the next product as the Inner Sea World Guide. Did I get skipped or something?


Does the map have a hex overlay, possibly on the pdf version?
Also, does buying the tree version get you the pdf version for free?


For those interested.

The pdf shows four pages of the map with labels, but when extracted (with SomePDF or other program) there will be four identical unlabeled full size maps 6696x10080 pixels, including the top and bottom border. (i.e. you don't have to put the quadrants together.)

No hexes.

@Thraug, subscribing to the Campaign Settings line will get you the pdf for free. Just buying the paper version as a separate purchase will not.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Digitalelf wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
the locations for the map include things up through our current releases. And by "current releases," I mean anything and everything we were working on or had map turnovers for up until the day we shipped the map to the printer.

Oh yeah? So were did Jorgenfist disappear to? ;-P

That was a joke BTW...

I realize that is impossible to remember every little detail...

-That One Digitalelf Fellow-

Thanks for adding the "that was a joke BPW" because if you hadn't, that would have depressed the hell out of me.

Paizo Employee CEO

Laithoron wrote:

I'm a little confused. I just looked at my subscriptions and it shows that I'm subscribed to the Campaign Setting line. This is stated as being part of the Campaign line yet the shipment I just received yesterday included only Serpent's Skull #6, and the Village Square flip mat — the same being reflected in my last shipping notice from Feb 4.

When I view my subscriptions, it shows my current Campaign product as Lost Cities of Golarion, and the next product as the Inner Sea World Guide. Did I get skipped or something?

Make sure to post in the Customer Service thread and remember that we have Monday off for the President's Day holiday, so nobody will be able to get back to you until Tuesday at the earliest.

-Lisa


Thraug wrote:

Does the map have a hex overlay, possibly on the pdf version?

Also, does buying the tree version get you the pdf version for free?

As I said above it is fairly easy to produce maps in the kingmaker style using Hexographer and the P|DF..I love this product can't wait for the dead tree version to arrive with me.


My friend and I opened this up the other day and were sad that we don't play in Golarion. Maybe I'll kill their Scarred Lands characters so we can start over.

On an entirely different note, we were both "influenced", shall we say, when we noticed that the map scale was measured in units of...wait for it...420 miles! The plot thickens!

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I like this enough that I had to get two copies, one for use and one for framing. BTW, I just found out that framing is friggin expensive.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

I would love to put these maps together and have it printed on vinyl but I am going to need some help from someone smarter than I am.

Scarab Sages

Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Same here. How about a PDF with the map as one file?


Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:

My friend and I opened this up the other day and were sad that we don't play in Golarion. Maybe I'll kill their Scarred Lands characters so we can start over.

On an entirely different note, we were both "influenced", shall we say, when we noticed that the map scale was measured in units of...wait for it...420 miles! The plot thickens!

Just do what we did, and start them on an AP "just to try it out"....

I ran a 5+ year Scarred Lands game, and I at first tried to shoehorn the Paizo APs into a Scarred Lands setting (albeit far in the future), then just gave up and started running them in Golarion. They don't seem to mind!

Dark Archive

I recently did some investigation into getting these onto my gaming room wall. Turns out to be prohibitively expensive to get a frame this size custom made (in the region of hundreds of dollars).

My solution was 4 * $10 frames from target. Some pictures below of the final result. Total cost, including the map-pack less than $60.

pic one
pic two
pic three

Liberty's Edge

Rivermurk the Vengeful wrote:

I recently did some investigation into getting these onto my gaming room wall. Turns out to be prohibitively expensive to get a frame this size custom made (in the region of hundreds of dollars).

My solution was 4 * $10 frames from target. Some pictures below of the final result. Total cost, including the map-pack less than $60.

pic one
pic two
pic three

Pretty nice!

Scarab Sages

Rivermurk the Vengeful wrote:

pic one

pic two
pic three

Awesome!!!

Great solution.


Rivermurk the Vengeful wrote:

I recently did some investigation into getting these onto my gaming room wall. Turns out to be prohibitively expensive to get a frame this size custom made (in the region of hundreds of dollars).

My solution was 4 * $10 frames from target. Some pictures below of the final result. Total cost, including the map-pack less than $60.

pic one
pic two
pic three

Are those Dragonlance modules framed on your wall?


Rivermurk the Vengeful wrote:

I recently did some investigation into getting these onto my gaming room wall. Turns out to be prohibitively expensive to get a frame this size custom made (in the region of hundreds of dollars).

My solution was 4 * $10 frames from target. Some pictures below of the final result. Total cost, including the map-pack less than $60.

pic one
pic two
pic three

Awesome! Your maps looked to be well over 5' in height, not even including your frames! Just how tall is the map? I'm not sure I have room to mount it. :o

Dark Archive

TwoWolves wrote:


Are those Dragonlance modules framed on your wall?

Yup. The War of the Lance was the defining campaign/setting/novels of my teenage years.


If I were to frame my old adventures, it'd be more like wallpaper than framed art!

Paizo Employee Chief Creative Officer, Publisher

Rivermurk the Vengeful wrote:

I recently did some investigation into getting these onto my gaming room wall. Turns out to be prohibitively expensive to get a frame this size custom made (in the region of hundreds of dollars).

My solution was 4 * $10 frames from target. Some pictures below of the final result. Total cost, including the map-pack less than $60.

pic one
pic two
pic three

Wow! That looks great!


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:
Rivermurk the Vengeful wrote:

I recently did some investigation into getting these onto my gaming room wall. Turns out to be prohibitively expensive to get a frame this size custom made (in the region of hundreds of dollars).

My solution was 4 * $10 frames from target. Some pictures below of the final result. Total cost, including the map-pack less than $60.

pic one
pic two
pic three

Wow! That looks great!

Agreed! This is exactly what I will be doing for my gaming room. Thanks for the inspiration, Rivermurk!


Rivermurk the Vengeful wrote:

I recently did some investigation into getting these onto my gaming room wall. Turns out to be prohibitively expensive to get a frame this size custom made (in the region of hundreds of dollars).

My solution was 4 * $10 frames from target. Some pictures below of the final result. Total cost, including the map-pack less than $60.

pic one
pic two
pic three

Exactly what I did with my Greyhawk Maps from Dungeon, but it looks I'll have to turn the frames sideways for the Golarion ones!


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I wish I had the wall space to do that.

Paizo Employee Managing Developer

Zaister wrote:
I wish I had the wall space to do that.

Who needs windows? ;)


I hope this sells well enough that they make a same size window adhesive version that could go on large plate glass or sliding glass doors.

:D

Dark Archive

Joseph Wilson wrote:
Erik Mona wrote:


Wow! That looks great!
Agreed! This is exactly what I will be doing for my gaming room. Thanks for the inspiration, Rivermurk!

Cool - glad you guys like it. Wife thinks it looks like a large window ("into another world" I keep responding) and my 3yr old daughter keeps asking me where our house is on the map.


I just bought the PDF version and, with the exception of no nation borders, I am very happy with the product.

Why no nation borders? I found them very interesting and during play they are a wonderful gameplay aid. I plan on adding them myself but would have preferred the same simple dotted red nation borders from the original map.

Does the printed version have nation borders?

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
Thraug wrote:

I just bought the PDF version and, with the exception of no nation borders, I am very happy with the product.

Why no nation borders? I found them very interesting and during play they are a wonderful gameplay aid. I plan on adding them myself but would have preferred the same simple dotted red nation borders from the original map.

Does the printed version have nation borders?

No, and that's my biggest complaint, too. National borders would have been nice.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Thraug wrote:

I just bought the PDF version and, with the exception of no nation borders, I am very happy with the product.

Why no nation borders? I found them very interesting and during play they are a wonderful gameplay aid. I plan on adding them myself but would have preferred the same simple dotted red nation borders from the original map.

Does the printed version have nation borders?

We almost put nation borders on the map, but in the end we decided not to because it caused a bit too much clutter in some spots, and also because we didn't have time to make sure we got the borders exactly right.

The maps that appear in the Inner Sea World Guide DO have the borders, though.


I'm in the process of adding national borders and coloring the nation names. Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to share my work. :(


You could share only the borders without the underlying map. :)

The Exchange

Rivermurk the Vengeful wrote:

I recently did some investigation into getting these onto my gaming room wall. Turns out to be prohibitively expensive to get a frame this size custom made (in the region of hundreds of dollars).

My solution was 4 * $10 frames from target. Some pictures below of the final result. Total cost, including the map-pack less than $60.

pic one
pic two
pic three

Nice lair. I haven't finished my basement, but man, I think I want to do that sooner rather than later!

Sovereign Court

Just arrived and I am chuffed to see it.

Mint.


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Rivermurk the Vengeful wrote:

Cool - glad you guys like it. Wife thinks it looks like a large window ("into another world" I keep responding) and my 3yr old daughter keeps asking me where our house is on the map.

I haven't gotten the actual product yet, so for my own reference, what size frames did these take? Did you have to modify the maps at all, or are they a common size? (I showed my wife the pictures you posted and she was immediately on board with setting this up in our new game room! SQUEE!)


Joseph Wilson wrote:
Rivermurk the Vengeful wrote:

Cool - glad you guys like it. Wife thinks it looks like a large window ("into another world" I keep responding) and my 3yr old daughter keeps asking me where our house is on the map.

I haven't gotten the actual product yet, so for my own reference, what size frames did these take? Did you have to modify the maps at all, or are they a common size? (I showed my wife the pictures you posted and she was immediately on board with setting this up in our new game room! SQUEE!)

I just got done putting mine up in place of my Greyhawk maps (Though those moved to a different wall) I got the 23X34 Poster Frames which worked out nicely


Rivermurk the Vengeful wrote:
TwoWolves wrote:


Are those Dragonlance modules framed on your wall?
Yup. The War of the Lance was the defining campaign/setting/novels of my teenage years.

I'm liking the framed Akira and Old Boy posters too. Now I need to check my posters, I can't remember if I own one for Akira or not. (Posters are currently put away. Only one hanging is Bestiary 2 Promo.)

These are very inspiring pictures and my map collections have just grown a lot recently. First I got that four-part Faerun map that was in the Dragon Magazines, and now the Inner Sea map. The Inner Sea map is especially deserving of some wall space. (The Faerun map is big but doesn't appear more detailed than the pull-out from FRCS.)

101 to 150 of 185 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea Poster Map Folio All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.