The Genius Guide to Exalted Domains of Light and Lore (PFRPG) PDF

5.00/5 (based on 2 ratings)

Our Price: $3.99

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

Exalted Domains are a new option that grants clerics a truly special and unique connection to one aspect of their deity’s power in exchange for one of their domains. Rather than draw bonus powers and spells from two domains, the cleric with an Exalted domain has a greater focus on a single domain, and can utilize powers not available to any other character. Exalted domains can be used to create clerics with a special place of honor within the church, a renegade who may even be seen as a heretic by the organized worship of his deity, or a unique foe that has a surprise in store for the PCs.

The Genius Guide to Exalted Domains of Light and Lore focuses on the domains most often associated with gods of knowledge, good, aid, and assisting a group. If you want to create a specially blessed healer, a sage of divine lore, a stalwart guardian of the temple, or a craftsman tasked with creating the relics of the gods, these Exalted domains provide a quick, easy, balanced method for doing so.

Product Availability

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZOPDFRGGOWC5068E


See Also:

Average product rating:

5.00/5 (based on 2 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Excellent sequel to an excellent first pdf

5/5

This pdf is 12 pages long 2/3 of a page front cover, 1page editorial & SRD, leaving 10 1/3 pages of content, so let's give these exalted domains a try, shall we?

What are exalted domains? Well, essentially, you give up one of your cleric domains for a focus on one domain and thus, new abilities. The issue of subdomains is also touched upon and while guidelines for the respective subdomains are provided in the section of their parent-domains, I consider the advice for creating/modifying them yourself to be the more valuable piece of information - good to see that the supplement was created with the GM's option to expand the rules in mind.

The basic concept out of the way, we get roughly a third of the domains covered within the pages of this pdf, most of them centering rather around creation than destruction, featuring e.g. charm, artifice, healing, magic, sun etc. , totaling 12 domains and 25 subdomains. While some of the subdomains just apply their parent's changes, the vast majority actually does feature some very interesting, unique abilities, making the concept not only worthwhile, but offering a nice array of options for your clerics.

Owners of the Genius Guide to Crystal and Dream magic, respectively (yeah me!) get two additional exalted domains for attunement and crystal - nice and a cool way to reward faithful fans without depriving the other consumers of a significant portion of their product!

The pdf closes with 5 new exalted domain feats, one to channel your divine energy into your weapon, a feat to improve channeling for users of exalted domains, a feat that lets you use 1 spell-slot per level gained from a domain to prepare spells from the cleric list and one to improve the effective caster level for your exalted domain spells. The final feat, though, is over-powered: Exalted Soul reduces the amount of negative levels (if any) you take by 2. OUCH. Depending on the campaign, that might be either useless or powerful. It should definitely be handled with care.

Conclusion:

Editing and formatting are good, though not perfect: I noticed a missing blank line and a punctuation error - not enough to rate this down, though. Layout adheres to the 3-column standard and there are no bookmarks, which is a pity. Designer Marc Radle has done a splendid job with this part of his exalted domain-trilogy, as crunch-wise I have no gripes whatsoever, the abilities all felt balanced, appropriate for the domains and make the selection of an exalted domain hard for all the right reasons - after all, you can only take one of them and there are a lot cool ones herein! The minor glitch and the potentially unbalancing feat remain the only blemishes of this otherwise excellent pdf, resulting in a final verdict of 4.5 stars, rounded up to 5 for the purpose of this platform.

Endzeitgeist out.


Another good edition to the series.

5/5

Exalted Domains of Light and Lore by Super Genius Games

This product is 12 pages long. It starts with a cover and intro. (1 pages)

Next like the last book it gets into what Exalted Domains are, how you used them, how you get them etc. (2 pages)

The following part is the meat of the PDF. The Exalted Domains and subdomains themselves.
Below is a list of domains and there subdomains. (7 pages)
Exalted Artiface Domain
- Contrustion domain
- Toil domain
Exalted Charm Domain
- Love Domain
- Lust Domain
Exalted Community Domain
- Family Domain
- Home Domain
Exalted Good Domain
- Agathion Domain
- Archon Domain
- Azata Domain
Exalted Healing Domain
- Restoration Domain
- Resurrection Domain
Exalted Knowledge Domain
- Memory Domain
- Thought Domain
Exalted Magic Domain
- Arcane Domain
- Divine Domain
Exalted Protection Domain
- Defense Domain
- Purity Domain
Exalted Repose Domain
- Ancestors Domain
- Souls Domain
Exalted Rune Domain
- Language Domain
- Wards Domain
Exalted Sun Domain
- Day Domain
- Light Domain
Exalted Travel Domain
- Exploration Domain
- Trade Domain

There is also two new domains from previous Super Genius Games products including as exalted domains.
Exalted Attunement Domain
Exalted Sleep Domain

Next there is some new feats.
Exalted Channel Smite – before you make a melee attack you may expend a channel use, on a melee it, it does damage like channel to that single target along with the melee damage.
Exalted Channel Energy – adds a extra d6 to your channel ability.
Exalted Preparation – may use one domain spell slot on any spell from the cleric list instead.
Exalted Soul – Immune to the first two levels of energy drain.
Exalted Spells – When casting spells from your exalted domain list you cast as if you was two levels higher.

It ends with a credits and OGL page. (1 page)

Closing thoughts. This is much like the previous book. You trade versatility of your domains to gain more power in a single domain. The art work is mostly color with one black and white piece. For the most part the artwork is fair, thought the black and white piece was pretty good.

The options given with exalted domains adds some nice variety to clerics, in they have two choices in selecting domains. Go with versatility or more power on a narrower focus. I thought the powers seem fairly well balanced with that in mind. For those interested in this I highly recommend it. I pretty much recommend these books to anyone. It can be a nice way to surprise you players when facing a NPC cleric. So whats my rating? Well I didn't notice any spelling errors and everything seemed fairly easy to understand on how it worked. So giving this one a 5 star review.


Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Good addition. Looking forward to the third part.

One question: What does Exalted Channel Smite actually do? At the moment it seems to be identical to Channel Smite unless I've misread something

Liberty's Edge

Paul Watson wrote:

Good addition. Looking forward to the third part.

One question: What does Exalted Channel Smite actually do? At the moment it seems to be identical to Channel Smite unless I've misread something

Hmmm ...

The initial descriptive text indicates what makes this feat Exalted:
"You can channel your divine energy through a melee weapon you wield and at the same time release a wave of divine energy."

However ... it looks like the second paragraph is missing from the final PDF. It should say:

In addition, a successful hit also causes a burst of the same kind of energy (positive or negative) to emanate from your melee weapon in a 30-foot radius. This burst functions exactly like the standard cleric Channel Energy class feature. The creature hit with the initial Exalted Channel Smite melee attack itself is not also affected by the energy from the 30-foot burst.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Marc Radle wrote:
Paul Watson wrote:

Good addition. Looking forward to the third part.

One question: What does Exalted Channel Smite actually do? At the moment it seems to be identical to Channel Smite unless I've misread something

Hmmm ...

The initial descriptive text indicates what makes this feat Exalted:
"You can channel your divine energy through a melee weapon you wield and at the same time release a wave of divine energy."

However ... it looks like the second paragraph is missing from the final PDF. It should say:

In addition, a successful hit also causes a burst of the same kind of energy (positive or negative) to emanate from your melee weapon in a 30-foot radius. This burst functions exactly like the standard cleric Channel Energy class feature. The creature hit with the initial Exalted Channel Smite melee attack itself is not also affected by the energy from the 30-foot burst.

Thanks for the clarification, Marc.

Liberty's Edge

Ouch - I probably should have caught that. Apologies, geniuses! (geni?)

Liberty's Edge

No worries Jeremiziah!

So, I'm anxious to hear what people thinjk of this one ...

Dark Archive

I picked it up and "thumbed" threw it. First impression is it is much like the first one.

Liberty's Edge

Dark_Mistress wrote:
I picked it up and "thumbed" threw it. First impression is it is much like the first one.

Meaning ... just as awesome as the first one? :)

Dark Archive

Marc Radle wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
I picked it up and "thumbed" threw it. First impression is it is much like the first one.
Meaning ... just as awesome as the first one? :)

Meaning if first impression I got with out a indepth read and thinking about hold true. That I will give it a similar rating as the last one. :)

Dark Archive

Reviewed.

Scarab Sages

Dark_Mistress wrote:
Reviewed.

Thanks for the review!

Liberty's Edge

Dark_Mistress wrote:
Reviewed.

Echoing what Owen said ... thanks for the positive review!

I'll be anxious to see if the review of the last in this series lives up to the first two when it comes out!

Dark Archive

Marc Radle wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
Reviewed.

Echoing what Owen said ... thanks for the positive review!

I'll be anxious to see if the review of the last in this series lives up to the first two when it comes out!

If your so anxious you should post it up for sale then already, so i can buy it and then review it. :)

Liberty's Edge

Dark_Mistress wrote:
Marc Radle wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
Reviewed.

Echoing what Owen said ... thanks for the positive review!

I'll be anxious to see if the review of the last in this series lives up to the first two when it comes out!

If your so anxious you should post it up for sale then already, so i can buy it and then review it. :)

Heh ...

Alas, I am only a humble freelance writer and illustrator ... I don't have the power or authority to make such a thing happen. That power and authority is maintained by much more important people than little ol' me! :)


I posted this under the Mystic Godling page, but I'm going to post it here, as well.

Maybe I'm overlooking something, so someone help me out. Some domains, and some exalted domains, assume the character taking the domain has the ability to channel. Godlings don't have the channel ability, correct? Is this domain ability lost, then? Or does it grant the godling the ability to channel that power?

Scarab Sages

DungeonmasterCal wrote:
I posted this under the Mystic Godling page, but I'm going to post it here, as well.

Answered in the other thread.


Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
I posted this under the Mystic Godling page, but I'm going to post it here, as well.
Answered in the other thread.

Thanks!


Reviewed here and sent to GMS magazine,

Cheers!

Dark Archive

Nice review End.

Scarab Sages

Endzeitgeist wrote:

Reviewed here and sent to GMS magazine,

Cheers!

Many thanks for the (suddenly amazing number of) reviews!


Owen K C Stephens wrote:
Many thanks for the (suddenly amazing number of) reviews!

I've been wanting to review a lot of your stuff for a long time, but until I had an accident recently, I didn't have the time (and D_M had you covered quite well), so I figured I'd wait. Oh well, I had a lot of time on my hands and thus, I figures I better start to cover the files I own. :)

Next up: Races of Hoof & Horn and the first two Kragnars (I don't own the third one yet). ^^

All the best,
Endzeitgeist

Liberty's Edge

Endzeitgeist wrote:
Owen K C Stephens wrote:
Many thanks for the (suddenly amazing number of) reviews!

I've been wanting to review a lot of your stuff for a long time, but until I had an accident recently, I didn't have the time (and D_M had you covered quite well), so I figured I'd wait. Oh well, I had a lot of time on my hands and thus, I figures I better start to cover the files I own. :)

Next up: Races of Hoof & Horn and the first two Kragnars (I don't own the third one yet). ^^

All the best,
Endzeitgeist

Thanks for taking the time to do the review, END!

I look forward to your thoughts on Krazy Kragnar's Magic Staff Emporium when you get to it!

Scarab Sages

Endzeitgeist wrote:
but until I had an accident recently, I didn't have the time

Youch!

I'm thrilled at the reviews! But... sorry they came about this way. :)

Still, in general, thanks!


I'm considering using exalted domains for a PC here on the boards, and I noticed an error under the Runes domain:

Granted Powers: In strange and eldritch runes you find potent magic. You gain Scribe Scroll as a bonus feat. You also add ½ your cleric level (minimum +1) to all Linguistics skill checks relating to the written word.

However,

Scribe Scroll (Ex): At 4th level, you gain Scribe Scroll as a bonus feat.

Pretty sure getting Scribe Scroll twice has no added benefit...

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / The Genius Guide to Exalted Domains of Light and Lore (PFRPG) PDF All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.