The Secrets of Divine Channeling (PFRPG) PDF

4.80/5 (based on 4 ratings)

Our Price: $5.99

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

No two fantasy gods manifest the same, so why should their clerics channel energy the same way?

With The Secrets of Divine Channeling at your fingertips, they don’t have to! This follow-up to the best selling The Secrets of Martial Mastery is written by Jonathan McAnulty (Coliseum Morpheuon, Ecology of the Froghemoth) bringing you new channeling effects for every domain you can imagine and a few you’ve probably forgotten.

Check out the Divine Channeler, a base class option focused on mastering the pure, unfiltered energy of the gods. Consider the eight new feats to give your divine caster more options when channeling, like Channeled Blast, Enlarged Channeling and Maximized Channeling. Revel in the new rules for Domain Channeling, detailing sensory, major, minor and combat effects for over 30 different domains.

Give your divine casters more detail. Give your divine casters something to set them apart. Give them The Secrets of Divine Channeling and watch them shine like you’ve never seen them before!

Author: Jonathan McAnulty
Artists: Joe Calkins, Shaman Stock Art
Page Count: 31 (36)

Product Availability

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

RIP0085E


See Also:

Average product rating:

4.80/5 (based on 4 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Make your clerics more unique to their gods and focus on domains

5/5

This product is 36 pages long, 1 page front cover, 1 page editorial, 1 page back cover, 1 page advertisement and 1 page SRD, leaving 31 pages of content.

In the fine tradition of Rite Publishing, the book starts with an aptly written in-character introduction to the ideas presented herein. The introduction and first chapter take up 5 pages and feature a new trait for minor channeling. The idea of channeling is presented in two ways: On the one hand, clerics can choose the trait to gain access to minor channeling abilities or they could take two feats to get up to 6 new things they can do in combat via channeling their divine energy, which is domain-specific.
However, if that is not enough for you and you want to go all out, you can also play the divine channeler, a new base class. He has d8, 4+Int skills, medium BAB, good fort and will saves as well as some massive channeling abilities – to trade this off, his spell-selection is more limited than the cleric’s and he can’t cast as many spells per day.
The next chapter, feats, takes up 2 pages and features the aforementioned feats for the cleric. I liked the 8 feats, none seemed over-powered or under-whelming.
The bulk of the book (24 pages), though, is taken up by the domains and their respective channeling abilities. Each Doamin features a sensorial image, i.e. how the channeling of the divine energy manifests itself, which I found quite cool, a minor channeling effect, a combat domain channeling effect and two major channeling effects.
I’m going to give you an example on what to expect and, due to being so cheerful, I choose the Madness domain!
Sensorial Image: Purple and scarlet energies, swirling air currents, and a faint stale, musty odor.

Minor Channeling Effect: Imbecile’s Tongue makes it impossible for the victim to communicate.

Combat Channeling Effect: Breath of Madness boosts the combat capabilities of the targets for WIS-damage and could be used offensively and defensively.

Major Channeling Effect I: Wave of Confusion – mass confusion.

Major Channeling Effect II: Madman’s Screech damages opponents and causes WIS-damage to boot.

Editing and formatting is top-notch, as I’ve come to expect from Rite Publishing. The interior art is ok, although nothing to write home about.

Conclusion:

When I first read this book, I have to admit that I didn’t get the hype around it. Yes, it is a fair book, but I just didn’t immediately jump up from my chair, wanting to implement this, possibly because the book is necessarily campaign-setting neutral. I let the idea gestate for about a week. And gradually, subtly, I started to realize what the content in this book does – It makes it possible to customize THE HELL out of any cleric and offers a variant (un)holy-man-class that is closer to the aspects of his deity than the cleric in some regards, without unbalancing the game. The abilities are cool and should help just about any divine caster to greatly diversify the options he has while providing an entertaining alternative to the cleric. Best of all, channeling makes individual divine casters of different gods much more unique and diversified and should be considered a boon to DMs and players alike, especially those who don’t want to build another “evil cleric” that swats around the same spells as all the other evil clerics. The sensorial images, while being short paragraphs, add A LOT of flavor to the different domains. Sooo…what would I have liked to see that wasn’t there? Well, even more domains. And campaign-setting specific domains with more fluff. And PrCs for the divine channeler. That’s a good sign and I sincerely hope that Rite Publishing expands on this great concept in e.g. their Questhaven project and put out a “Secrets of Divine Channeling II” one of these days. It’s a subtle, humble book, but it will enrich your gaming, I guarantee it.
My final verdict is 5 stars.


Takes domains and clerics in a new direction.

5/5

My review wouldn't fit. For the full review see forum post.


Divine Channeling - a simple idea becomes a fun and interesting character clas

5/5

With Rite Publishing’s The Secret of Divine Channeling we have a completely new divine class, which is similar to a cleric in many ways, but divergent enough to justify a great publication. The Divine Channeler class is focused more on channeling divine energy than they are on casting divine spells, and as such they’ve received a host of new channeling abilities to go along with the Clerical domains.

Since they are so focused on their domains, they gain most of their spell compliment in the form of domain spells, and cast far fewer spells from the divine casting list.

Divine channelers enjoy new channeling abilities afforded to them by their domains, of which they can choose two. Each domain has several effects that can be accessed as the Divine Channeler gains levels.

These abilities start with Minor Channeling, small effects tied in to their domains that they can employ by channeling energy. Such things as gusts of wind, increased speed or what have you.

Then there are Combat Channeling effects. They are used in combat to heal or cause damage – with each domain offering different effects.

Lastly there are Major Channeling effects. Accessed at fifth level through a new feat called Major Domain Channeling, these are more impressive effects tied in with each domain.

In addition to the effects that go along with channeling in this new class, Divine Channelers also receive Turn Undead as a bonus feat at level 1, additional extra channeling at levels 7, 13 and 15 and at 20th level as their capstone ability, they become Energy Masters. This allows them to gain immunity to channeling effects and also shield others around them. Seven new feats have been added, dealing of course with Channeling. There is also an extensive list of new effects tied in to each domain.

Additionally, Clerics can gain some of these effects through the use of a new trait (Minor Channeler) and the second is the Sensorial Imagery – flavor built into this class which describes how the various channeling effects manifest themselves to the senses.

The concept behind this character is actually quite simple and the character class itself excels for that, looking to be eminently workable into a new or existing campaign. Treat them much like Clerics that take a wider view on how to channel energy and you’ll enjoy the experience. 5 out of 5 stars.


Very interesting idea

4/5

Facts:
The PDF is 36 pages long.
This consists of Adverts (2 pages), cover (1 page), Title page (1 page), Introductory story and introcudtion (1 page), OGL (1 page) and 30 pages of content.
The content consists of a new class (Divine Channeller, 3 pages) and advice on how to use these with existing chanelers such as Clerics (1 page), 8 new feats lreating to channel energy (2 pages) and the remaining 24 pages are a new mechanic combining domains and channel energy for using channel energy for new effects.

Opinion:
This is an awesome idea. It makes channel energy mroe than just heal/harm and gives a lot of diversity to a central Cleric feature making them more customisable.

The presentation is clear, the effects do not seem over-powered (although I haven't had a chance to play with them yet) and there is a lot of variety within each domain.

The Divine Channeller itself is a cometent class, but I have some problems with it, mostly with the inconsistent progression of the Channel Energy. Also , for a class ostensibly devoted to Channel, it doesn't actually end up with much more powerful channels than a Cleric (although you will end up with a lot more channels). This might have been better as a Cleric variant rather than a whole new class.

I'd like to give it 4.5 stars as the flaws aren't that major, but sadly that's not possible.


1 to 50 of 53 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber

The Secrets of Divine Channeling: now available at the Paizo store! ^_^


Thanks to Vic for getting this up for us. And to Wicht (Jonathan McAnulty) for promoting the hell out of his work ;)

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber

Paul, thank you for your review. I'm glad you liked it.

One comment: there is a pattern to the progression of the channel energy for the divine channeler. It gains one d6 every even level but gains a bonus d6 at 1st and 11th. That does make it look a little wonky at the 10th, 11th, and 12th levels but I wanted it to end at 12d at 20th, start at 1d6 at 1st and that seemed the best way (though I'm open to suggestions for a better way to spread 12d over 20 levels). :)

Ben, from Troll in the Corner, has also done a review and as I don't know when he will post it here, here is the link.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Wicht wrote:

Paul, thank you for your review. I'm glad you liked it.

One comment: there is a pattern to the progression of the channel energy for the divine channeler. It gains one d6 every even level but gains a bonus d6 at 1st and 11th. That does make it look a little wonky at the 10th, 11th, and 12th levels but I wanted it to end at 12d at 20th, start at 1d6 at 1st and that seemed the best way (though I'm open to suggestions for a better way to spread 12d over 20 levels). :)

Ben, from Troll in the Corner, has also done a review and as I don't know when he will post it here, here is the link.

Honestly? I'd have gone with a 2/3 progression and not upgraded to d8s at level 20. From a numerical perspective you're going from an average of 54 to one of 52 and a half by doing this, which isn't that different but 15d6 FEELS like more than 12d8 even if it isn't really. It gives it a clearer progression and matches up with the BAB so it looks more cohesive. Of course, you're the game designer, not me, so take this for what it's worth.

[EDIT] I feel I should point out this was pretty much the only thing that stood out to me as being a problem in the product, so I might be nitpicking.


Hey All!

Wicht, thanks for the link to my review. I've just posted it here on Piazo.com as well, because every click on the 'net kills electrons. Or something like that.

-Ben

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber
Paul Watson wrote:


[EDIT] I feel I should point out this was pretty much the only thing that stood out to me as being a problem in the product, so I might be nitpicking.

Pick away. I'm quite open to the idea that I can improve. :)

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber
TrollintheCorner wrote:

Hey All!

Wicht, thanks for the link to my review. I've just posted it here on Piazo.com as well, because every click on the 'net kills electrons. Or something like that.

-Ben

Ben, Thanks again for doing the review and thanks for posting it here.


I wanted to stop in and thank both Paul and John for posting reviews.

Paul: We always love workable feedback as its the only way we can improve. And its a PDF so we can always update it in the Errata!


This supplement is coool. Reminds me of 'channel energy meets the Force'. Meta-channeling? Awesome idea. Still chewing thru the details ...

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber
Denim N Leather wrote:
This supplement is coool. Reminds me of 'channel energy meets the Force'. Meta-channeling? Awesome idea.

Thank you.

Incidentally, I did see your question at 3.5 Private Sanctuary but as you had already answered it, I didn't. :)


^ Thanks! :)

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber

For those that have the book, a question: what are your favorite effects in it. I thought about posting a couple of them to illustrate what was meant by a channeling effect. Personally, the knowledge minor effect is one of my favorites - It has no benefits except a roleplaying benefit but if playing a cleric with the knowledge domain I would be using it constantly.


^ Zone of Luck!

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber

Any other votes? If not, I'll post zone of luck in the morning with a small explanation of how to acquire it as well.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber
Quote:
Major Channeling Effect: Zone of Luck: You can, as a standard action, utilize one of your uses of channel energy to create a zone of luck (good or bad) within the range of your channeling. For the duration of this effect, all characters and creatures making a d20 roll (attack, skill check, or saving throw) roll two d20. If you have chosen good luck they may take the better of the two rolls. If you have chosen bad luck, they must take the worst of the two rolls. This effect lasts a number of rounds equal to the number of die you would normally roll when channeling (3d6 equals 3 rounds, etc.). You may not stack good luck and bad luck onto the same area at the same time as attempting to do so cancels out both effects.

Zone of Luck is a major channeling effect associated with the Luck Domain. This means that one aquires it as an ability through the purchase of a feat, one which is not available until 5th level, and that only clerics with access to the Luck Domain may acquire it. The major channeling effects are the equivalent of a 3rd level spell, though they are not in fact magical in nature, using as they do either positive or negative energy to fuel their effects.

Each effect takes the scaling nature of channeling into account in some manner. In the case of zone of luck, the more energy you can put into the effect, the longer the effect will last.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber

Its not a full review, but R.C. Jr., at 3.5 Private Sanctuary, had this to say about the book,...

Quote:
Wow. A very inventive but easily implemented mechanic that creates a cleric more in line with its domains. There's nothing about this concept I don't love.

I must say that I have been very pleased with the overall positive reception of the mechanic. :)

Dark Archive

My review. Of course i added the review to ENworld and drivethru.

The Secrets of Divine Channeling by Rite Publishing

This product is 36 pages long. It starts off with cover, credits, and intro. (3 pages) I will admit I was a bit surprised to not see a ToC.

Chapter 1 – Classes (4 pages)
It starts talking about applying things to the cleric and then gets to the new class in the book.
The Divine Channeler – D8, 4 skill, Medium BaB, 2 good saves, simple weapons, light armor.
Class Abilities
Extra Channeling
Domain – The get more domains as they get higher level.
Critical Channeling – When scoring a crit with their gods weapon it does extra energy damage.
Energy Mastery – Immune to any channeling effects and can exclude anyone from their channeling effects.
They also gain several feats.

Chapter 2 – Feats (2 pages)
There is 8 new feats in this section.
Channel Blast – Release as a cone instead of burst if you wish.
Combat Domain Channeling – Uses the new domain channeling rules.
Double Channeling – Channel twice in a single round.
Enlarge Channeling – Use more channelings to extend the radius.
Improved Turn Undead – Just like it sounds.
Major Domain Channeling – Use the new domain channeling rules.
Maximized Channeling – Use 2 channeling to make one do maximum effects.
Heart of Faith – No need of a holy symbol or divine focus.

Chapter 3 – Domain Channeling (24 pages)
There is four new things tied to domains. It covers all the domains.
Sensorial Imagery – Effects who the channeling looks.
Minor Channeling Effect -
Combat Domain Channeling -
Major Channeling Effect – Each has two effects.

A Example of one of the domains.
Charm Domain
Sensorial Imagery – Pink and gold with a scent of flowers.
Minor Channeling Effect – One target you giant a bonus on bluff and diplomacy skill check.
Combat Domain Channeling – Can use it, to cause a daze effect. Will save.
Major Channeling Effect – Attitude Adjustment (Moves the attitude of all those in the area by one. Hostile becomes unfriendly. Get Will save.) Bother and Bewilder – All in area have will saves lowered. Fort Save.

It finishes with OGL, 1 page ad and back cover. (3 pages)

Closing Thoughts. The production values are top notch as to be expected from Rite Publishing. The art is fair to very good. The new class is interesting and designed to really take advantage of the new domain mechanics but otherwise just ok. The new feats are well done. Where the book truly shines is with the new aspects of domains, while I didn't always agree with every choice made for each domain. As far as effects, looks, powers etc. They was for the most part very well done and will really help make clerics stand apart even more from each other based on their god and domains. I loved this section and recommend the book on that alone. Granted it is the bulk of the book. I do have one disappointment though, the new sub domains are not covered. I really hope with the APG out that Rite Publishing comes out with a follow up book covering the sub domains presented in that book. That is really the only negative I can say about the book. So I am giving it a 5 star, which for a divine book is a first for me.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber

Thank you for your very kind review DM. I'm flattered this divinely focused offering earns your first 5 stars in that field. :)

Dark_Mistress wrote:
I do have one disappointment though, the new sub domains are not covered.

If demand is high enough, I might revisit this area (or someone else still might). Truthfully though, the thought of doing not just 33 domains but an additional 66 sub-domains as well, was just a little intimidating (and it would have been a much bigger book). :)

I did visit the sub-domains when doing the manuscript, chiefly to inform myself concerning the broader focus of the main-domains. For instance, it was the toil sub-domain which caused me to associate an increase in speed with the artifice domain.


Great review D_M! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this and reviewing it, too. ^^
However, I'll have to wait a until my RPG-budget permits it. :D

Dark Archive

Wicht wrote:

Thank you for your very kind review DM. I'm flattered this divinely focused offering earns your first 5 stars in that field. :)

Dark_Mistress wrote:
I do have one disappointment though, the new sub domains are not covered.

If demand is high enough, I might revisit this area (or someone else still might). Truthfully though, the thought of doing not just 33 domains but an additional 66 sub-domains as well, was just a little intimidating (and it would have been a much bigger book). :)

I did visit the sub-domains when doing the manuscript, chiefly to inform myself concerning the broader focus of the main-domains. For instance, it was the toil sub-domain which caused me to associate an increase in speed with the artifice domain.

Your Welcome. As for the subdomains I kinda see it like this. I love what you did for the domains. But I feel with this, I either have to use this and I want to. But then exclude the sub domains as they don't have those effects, which i would rather not. Or not use this, which I would really like to use and use the sub domains. I just can't see using both you know? Thats why I really hope you do a follow up book with just the sub domains in it.

Dark Archive

Endzeitgeist wrote:

Great review D_M! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this and reviewing it, too. ^^

However, I'll have to wait a until my RPG-budget permits it. :D

I honestly think you will like it, but then I think anyone would honestly.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber
Dark_Mistress wrote:
But I feel with this, I either have to use this and I want to. But then exclude the sub domains as they don't have those effects, which i would rather not. Or not use this, which I would really like to use and use the sub domains. I just can't see using both you know?

I would suggest considering the subdomains to be the same as their larger domain. This is more or less how the subdomains are supposed to work anyway I believe, considering most of the subdomains don't fully replace the domains, just parts of them.

Thus if you did have the toil subdomain, you would just use the artificer domain effects, as you would not likely take both artificer and toil (as the powers would be redundant). And again, some of the effects are already based on the subdomains. If I did do the subdomains I probably would take my cue from the Advanced Player's guide and instead of replacing all the effects, just some of them, as appropriate.

You might also consider mixing and matching as appropriate, so long as the flavor matches up. There is some crossover among the domains as you start taking the subdomains into account.

Dark Archive

Yeah I could, but when you did such a good job the first time. Why would I do anything other than try and convince you to do it again? :)


I wanted to thank Dark Mistress for taking the time to do a review of the product.

I will not stick my nose in the sub-domain bit and tell wicht I told you so; I will however point out while it does not have a table of contents it does have bookmarks; that have everything the table of contents would possess :)

5/5 stars snoopy happy dance of joy;

Steve Russell
Rite Publishing

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber

Our little book made #9 today on the RPG Countdown. Thank you to everyone who helped make that possible. :)


Couldn't have asked for a better first editing credit. :D

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber
crazy_monkey1956 wrote:
Couldn't have asked for a better first editing credit. :D

I didn't know this was your first. Its worked out well for both of us then. :)


Yes Dave Paul was busy with 101 series and a jade oath adventure, while Robert N. Emerson is working on Book of Monster Templates and all the Qusthaven specific books.


Some channeling feats here too.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber

Endzeitgeist: Thank you very much for your review. Stop by and say hi on the Kaidan forums.


I wanted to thank Endzeitgeist as well 5/5! Snoopy Happy dance of joy!

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber
Dark_Mistress wrote:


Your Welcome. As for the subdomains I kinda see it like this. I love what you did for the domains. But I feel with this, I either have to use this and I want to. But then exclude the sub domains as they don't have those effects, which i would rather not. Or not use this, which I would really like to use and use the sub domains. I just can't see using both you know? Thats why I really hope you do a follow up book with just the sub domains in it.

After some procrastination, I started on effects for sub-domains today. For the moment, they are going to be submitted piecemeal as article ingredients in an upcoming e-zine (more details to come soon I'm sure). Anyway, just a heads up for those interested to be looking for these.


I absolutely love the idea of the class presented here (Making divine casters have more to do with their specific domains has long been a goal of mine), but I'm a little bit worried about balance. Some of the abilities look a little too good (like the Healing domain one that let's you heal a creature back to full by expending a channel).

Has anyone played a Divine Channeler in their Pathfinder campaign (or been at a game where one was played)? How did you find the balance/power level compared to a vanilla Pathfinder Cleric and compared to the other members of your party?

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber

I would be interested in hearing play-experiences as well. :)

Liberty's Edge

Wicht wrote:
After some procrastination, I started on effects for sub-domains today. For the moment, they are going to be submitted piecemeal as article ingredients in an upcoming e-zine (more details to come soon I'm sure). Anyway, just a heads up for those interested to be looking for these.

Any news on this ? I am really interested in any development on this theme

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Card Game, Rulebook Subscriber

Various Subdomains have made it into Pathways and these are included in the compilation The Secrets of Adventuring.


Plus we did feats in 101 Renegade Class Feats (which will be in The Secrets of Adventuring), and there is a new archetype in The Secerts of Renegade Archetypes, (which will not be in TSoA).


Any updates or subdomains available?


A number were done in the Free pathways ezines, we compiled them in The Secrets of Adventuring.


I"m still waiting for all the others. ^^


I would go out on a limb and say it won't happen as Jonathan McAnulty is not available to do more :0


Had a question about critical channeling. Does it effect any creature you crit on that you can normally damage with a channel energy? For example if you have the alignment channel feats? Also just making sure there is no save dc for half damage with critical channeling?


Rite Publishing wrote:
I would go out on a limb and say it won't happen as Jonathan McAnulty is not available to do more :0

This makes me so very sorry :( Couldn't any other designer do the job?


Damian Vryce Kil'Cannon wrote:
Had a question about critical channeling. Does it effect any creature you crit on that you can normally damage with a channel energy? For example if you have the alignment channel feats? Also just making sure there is no save dc for half damage with critical channeling?

Yes.

I will have to check with the no save bit with Jonathan, I would not expect an answer to after the holiday though (he is a minister).


Thanks for the help. Had one more question. Does tte extra channeling from divine channeler stack with the normal feat? Normally the feat can only be taken once. Is the extra channel from the class count as a class feature or as the feat?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Bardess wrote:
Rite Publishing wrote:
I would go out on a limb and say it won't happen as Jonathan McAnulty is not available to do more :0
This makes me so very sorry :( Couldn't any other designer do the job?

I wonder the same thing. Rite Publishing is a business, they put out many products and have a number of designers, correct? It's not like Paiso or WotC only have one person work on one thing. Isn't this an option for Rite?

Also, I'd be more than willing to purchase an expansion of the class that included some of the various other domains that have been created in other 3pp releases. My group has had several Divine Channelers in play and it appears it's an easy class to 'play out' reletively quickly because of the limitation in options. But still damn fun to play.


Craig Bonham 141 wrote:
Bardess wrote:
Rite Publishing wrote:
I would go out on a limb and say it won't happen as Jonathan McAnulty is not available to do more :0
This makes me so very sorry :( Couldn't any other designer do the job?

I wonder the same thing. Rite Publishing is a business, they put out many products and have a number of designers, correct? It's not like Paiso or WotC only have one person work on one thing. Isn't this an option for Rite?

Also, I'd be more than willing to purchase an expansion of the class that included some of the various other domains that have been created in other 3pp releases. My group has had several Divine Channelers in play and it appears it's an easy class to 'play out' reletively quickly because of the limitation in options. But still damn fun to play.

Yes I could Hire someone to come in and do the work, but its also a mater of quality and experiance.

Who knows this class well enough to design for it? Can they write as well as Jonathan did? Is that person enthusiastic about this class or is it just a job? Can we afford that person? Can we do more artwork? Is there are market to recover those costs?

Then once you get past that you availability, Rite Publishing has grown very fast and we are still growing fast, so a lot of my work horses are working, and are over worked.

Let me give you some examples

I could do all of these things but I have 3 other projects that I have to write first.

Jonathan McAnaluty could do it, but he is busy working on Kaidan (and I damn near burnt him out on that so I am doing some of the writing on that to give him a break)

T. H. Gulliver could but he is working on more Haunts.

Ben McFarland could but he is working on finalize the Martial Arts Guidebook.

Matt Banach and Justin Sludder could together, but Matt has a whole series to himself just getting off the ground, and Justin is doing our Variant Foes series.

Mike Welham could do it but he is doing 101 Not So Random Encoutners River Kingdom, and our Ruins Perilous adventures.

Wendal Roy is working on In the Company of dragons

Liz Smith is working on our #30 series

The list goes on.

But as was pointed out to me by our hero lab coder the divine channler has over 200 abilities as its listed in The Secrets of Adventuring (which compiles all the pathways stuff into print.


Rite Publishing wrote:


Yes I could Hire someone to come in and do the work, but its also a mater of quality and experiance.

Who knows this class well enough to design for it? Can they write as well as Jonathan did? Is that person enthusiastic about this class or is it just a job? Can we afford that person? Can we do more artwork? Is there are market to recover those costs?

Then once you get past that you availability, Rite Publishing has grown very fast and we are still growing fast, so a lot of my work horses are working, and are over worked.

Wow, that is awesome you all are creating so much. Good luck with all that. I was just writing about something I would like to see and purchase. But I realize just because I want something doesn't mean that there is enough of a market out there for that item to be created.

Well, thanks for what you have created so far.


Craig Bonham 141 wrote:


Wow, that is awesome you all are creating so much. Good luck with all that. I was just writing about something I would like to see and purchase. But I realize just because I want something doesn't mean that there is enough of a market out there for that item to be created.

Well, thanks for what you have created so far.

Don't let what I post get you down, what I need to here from is more people who want stuff for the Divine Channeler. So that it makes me go, hey all these people want this, I should make it.

So don't give up on beating your drum :)


Rite Publishing wrote:
Craig Bonham 141 wrote:


Wow, that is awesome you all are creating so much. Good luck with all that. I was just writing about something I would like to see and purchase. But I realize just because I want something doesn't mean that there is enough of a market out there for that item to be created.

Well, thanks for what you have created so far.

Don't let what I post get you down, what I need to here from is more people who want stuff for the Divine Channeler. So that it makes me go, hey all these people want this, I should make it.

So don't give up on beating your drum :)

I HAVE A DRUM

BANG BANG BANG!

Subdomain Channeling Please :D

1 to 50 of 53 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / The Secrets of Divine Channeling (PFRPG) PDF All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.