The Genius Guide to Hoof and Horn Racial Options (PFRPG) PDF

Our Price: FREE

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

The Genius Guide to Races of Hoof and Horn added three new playable races to the Pathfinder RPG rules: the asterion, lapith, and piper. Since that PDF was released, Paizo has released the Advanced Players Guide, which contains new options for races to have alternate racial powers or alternate favored class options. In an effort to keep our three new races up to date, this short, free supplement expands their options to include their own set of alternate racial traits and favored class options.

Since many of our readers use like to use material from a variety of sources, along with options drawn from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook, the alternate favored class options presented here include base classes that have been published in the Advanced Player’s Guide and the Genius Guide line of products. For your convenience, we have noted the source of options that are not in the core rulebook.

Product Availability

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZOPDFRGGOWC5060E


See Also:

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Dark Archive

Nice more free stuff. Nice to see you updating older products to keep up with new stuff.

Sczarni

You bastards, this made me buy the races book.

On that note, any idea on what the next one would be?

One question thou, the voice of command replacement racial trait replaces Soul of Music. However Soul of Music is a drawback, did you mean to replace Mystic Voice?

Dark Archive

W00t!

Paizo Employee Starfinder Design Lead

Frerezar wrote:
You bastards, this made me buy the races book.

Really? A free enhancement made you want to pay us money for the thing it promotes? Wow, you must think we're doing that on purpose. ;D

Frerezar wrote:
On that note, any idea on what the next one would be?

Races of Flame and Fury & Races of Wind and Wing are both in playtesting. So I can't be sure, but likely one of those two.

Frerezar wrote:
One question thou, the voice of command replacement racial trait replaces Soul of Music. However Soul of Music is a drawback, did you mean to replace Mystic Voice?

Yes. Yes I did.


Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Frerezar wrote:
You bastards, this made me buy the races book.

Really? A free enhancement made you want to pay us money for the thing it promotes? Wow, you must think we're doing that on purpose. ;D

Frerezar wrote:
On that note, any idea on what the next one would be?

Races of Flame and Fury & Races of Wind and Wing are both in playtesting. So I can't be sure, but likely one of those two.

Frerezar wrote:
One question thou, the voice of command replacement racial trait replaces Soul of Music. However Soul of Music is a drawback, did you mean to replace Mystic Voice?
Yes. Yes I did.

Hi Owen

Big fan of SGG stuff here....have most of your downloads. Love the base classes best.

Those races books sound interesting!

Whilst you are a revealing mood so to speak, any chance of letting us know some snipets of any more base class books you are doing or soon to release? Would be most grateful! :)

Cheers and keep up the good work

Liberty's Edge

Frerezar wrote:

You bastards, this made me buy the races book.

On that note, any idea on what the next one would be?

They're very tricksy that way! :)


Johncolossus wrote:
Whilst you are a revealing mood so to speak, any chance of letting us know some snipets of any more base class books you are doing or soon to release? Would be most grateful! :)

It's always a challenge to know what's going to be ready when. between writing, playtesting, developing, re-writing, re-playtesting, re-developing, editing, and proofreading, these books take a variable amount of time to get ready.

I currently have the factotum, templar, justicar, and corsair in late stages of playtesting. Any one of those could move to the next stage soon... or could turn out to have systemic problems that still need fixing. And they are all subject to change, modification, evolution, mutation, or file 13 if they don't pan out. Or just conceptual re-envisioning and/or renaming.

But my guess right now is one of those will be the next class you see.

Liberty's Edge

The Templar and the Justicar sound interesting ...

Say Owen, any cool and interesting new material for clerics ? ;)

Liberty's Edge

[magic8ball]Concentrate and ask again[/magic8ball]


Marc Radle wrote:

The Templar and the Justicar sound interesting ...

Say Owen, any cool and interesting new material for clerics ? ;)

Funny you should ask. I believe you'll be seeing a little something called Exalted Domains by the end of the week!


A few typos/errors I've noticed:

Asterion Alternate Racial Traits:

Cunning references the fast movement racial trait. The actual trait that should be referenced is Fast Speed.

Asterion Favored Class Alternatives:

Death Mage references Deathless Companion. This should be Unbreathing Companion.


The asterion favored class option for summoners is +1 ft. fast movement. Summoners don't have fast movement. What should the asterion get for the summoner favored class option?

Paizo Employee Starfinder Design Lead

Caedwyr wrote:
The asterion favored class option for summoners is +1 ft. fast movement. Summoners don't have fast movement. What should the asterion get for the summoner favored class option?

+1 ft. to one movement rate of the summoner's eidolon.


I don't know if anyone's watching these old threads, but it seems like the best place to ask:

Do Lapiths wield lances with one or two hands?

Paizo Employee Contributor; Developer, Super Genius Games

I try to track threads for all our products, though if I miss one after a few days feel free to send me an PM!

As to the question, the "right" answer is "whichever way you would rule for a centaur."

RAW, that means centaurs and lapith both need two hands to use a lance since they aren't "mounted." In my own games I allow both groups to use lances 1-handed.


Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:

I try to track threads for all our products, though if I miss one after a few days feel free to send me an PM!

As to the question, the "right" answer is "whichever way you would rule for a centaur."

RAW, that means centaurs and lapith both need two hands to use a lance since they aren't "mounted." In my own games I allow both groups to use lances 1-handed.

Thanks. This particular character has a couple extra arms, so I don't feel the need to deviate from RAW. :)


How exactly does the Hatred alternate racial trait for Asterion work on a non-ranger? Would they get the +2 bonuses like a ranger normally does?

Paizo Employee Contributor

Z. H. Darkstar wrote:
How exactly does the Hatred alternate racial trait for Asterion work on a non-ranger? Would they get the +2 bonuses like a ranger normally does?

Yes, that's exactly how it works.


Owen K. C. Stephens wrote:
Z. H. Darkstar wrote:
How exactly does the Hatred alternate racial trait for Asterion work on a non-ranger? Would they get the +2 bonuses like a ranger normally does?
Yes, that's exactly how it works.

Awesome! I think it will fit nicely with the nemesis I'm making for my character in an upcoming godling game.

My character is Paul Bunyan III, aka PB3, aka He-Min: Asterion Cavalier (Emissary/Beast Rider/Order of the Sword) 9/Mammoth Rider 1/Godling PrC 10

His nemesis is Paul Bunyan Jr, aka Skeletaur: Asterion Lich Adept Godling 20

Both are going to be using 5 domains: Feather, Ferocity, Magic, Tactics, and Torture. Taking Divine Portfolio IV to get a healthy dose of Battle mystery revelations (Resiliency/Surprising Charge/War Sight/Weapon Mastery) is going to help make up feats spent on extra domains.

Paizo Employee Contributor

Sounds wicked!

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / The Genius Guide to Hoof and Horn Racial Options (PFRPG) PDF All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.