Pathfinder Chronicles: Kingmaker Poster Map Folio

4.70/5 (based on 3 ratings)
Pathfinder Chronicles: Kingmaker Poster Map Folio

Print Edition Out of print

Add PDF $10.99

Facebook Twitter Email

A Kingdom to Command

Raise and rule an entire kingdom in the Kingmaker Adventure Path. From early explorations and cartographic cataloguing of the region, to forays into the deadliest depths of an ancient wilderness, the Kingmaker Poster Map Folio provides the maps for an entire epic campaign.

Within this map folio, you’ll find six huge, 4-panel poster maps crucial to the Kingmaker Adventure Path—the mysterious village of Varnhold, the oppressed city of Pitax, and four linked maps that present the infamous Stolen Lands in their entirety. Even if you aren’t running the Kingmaker Adventure Path, the maps inside can serve any campaign as new wildernesses regions, villages, or cities for any RPG campaign. Your new kingdom waits within!

Cartography by Robert Lazzaretti

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-249-4

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscription.

Additional Product Images


(click to enlarge)
Pathfinder Chronicles: Kingmaker Poster Map Folio

Product Availability

Print Edition:

Out of print

This product is out of print.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO9224


See Also:

Average product rating:

4.70/5 (based on 3 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

A Vital Part of Kingmaker...You Must Have It!

5/5

Normally I consider map folios a huge rip off. However with Kingmaker, and it's kingdom building, and mass warfare, it is absolutely vital. Check out my full review: Kingmaker Map Folio


Map Folios, finally useful

4/5

I used to loathe Paizo map folios with a burning passion, temporarily cancelling my subscription every time one of those turned up on the horizon. Speaking bluntly, the old folios were mostly useless, except for a map or two.

So naturally I was curious as to how will the New, Improved and Revamped folio format turn out. The verdict: it's good. We get 4 hex maps of the Kingmaker area - rather cruciual for the AP, given it's nature. We also get 2 maps of settlements: Varnhold and Pitax.

Quality is great, as usual. Rob is a maestro of mapmapking and there's no match for his craft.

What knocks a peg off the score ? There really should be a map of Drelev here.

Apart from that, it's good that folios are finally useful. Thanks for listening to our crtique, Paizo !


51 to 100 of 101 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

Vic Wertz wrote:
David St Hubbins wrote:
Why would you make a prop of Stonehenge only 18 inches tall??

Because it goes with our T-shirt.

(I'm correcting the blog entry now...)

Now that cracked me up.


James Jacobs wrote:
We'd have to rebuild the maps entirely for those sites—it's one thing to build a poster map to size and then shrink it down for a full-page map in an adventure. it's another to do the same for a single tactical site, since that'd usually just be a fraction of a larger dungeon map. We'd have to order that map separately, and that'd mean we have to spend quite a lot more on paying for the map from the cartographer, which would mean we'd probably have to raise the price of the map folios a bit, which wouldn't make many folks happy at all.

As someone who is currently converting the in-PDF maps into 1" scale maps for tactical combat at every opportunity (so much nicer-looking than Sharpie on vinyl), let me say that I would much rather have Paizo do all the work with pro gear and pay them for the end result than go through all the work myself to achieve mediocre results (blowing them up loses resolution, they're always taped-together flesh golems of 8.5x11).

It would also be great to see the art of the APs in handout form (i.e. printed on individual sheets). So much great work gets done to bring these NPCs to life in the AP and sadly the players typically get to see no more than a flash from the GM from the other side of the screen before s/he needs their reference back. I've been extracting and printing all the portraits/beasties and propping them up in front of the GM screen - my players love the tangible visual appearance of the baddie (or goodie) that they're interacting with.

I do get that not everyone wants to go to this effort or incur the time/costs required...


I got this yesterday, and the maps are beautiful! Thick, high quality paper, feels almost leathery.

Finding room for them is a whole other issue :).


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Are the maps only in hexagonal shape, as the front cover shows? We use 5"x5" squares for our maps and movement.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Hobbun wrote:
Are the maps only in hexagonal shape, as the front cover shows? We use 5"x5" squares for our maps and movement.

These are all large-scale area maps, not tactical maps. The four Stolen Lands maps have hexes, and the maps of Varnhold and Pitax are gridless.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Ahh, ok. That works. Even our large scale map is in hexagons.

Thanks.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

These maps are AWESOME! I just got my Kingmaker maps today and I am very excited about the size, quality and general idea behind them - all the major land features, none of the GM-only content. With hexes.

I can really use these maps to enhance my game...I think I'm going to laminate them (double-sided to save some coin) and then cover the hexes with paper cutouts. When a new hex is revealed, the paper comes off and the party cartographer can keep track of details in dry-erase marker. The hexes are large enough that it will actually be possible to record useful information.

Please consider this my enthusiastic support for more map folios like this in the future!

Sovereign Court

This is the best map pack so far. Totally usable in game.

I'm going to get some OHP paper to lay over each grid so that the party can write notes on each location.

They can also use the village map to plan for the attack.

More of this next time, please :D

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Finally, a map pack that doesn't suck ! Thanks Paizo, about time ! :)


I'm wondering about the PDF version of the Map Folio. What size/resolution will the maps be? Will the four Stolen Lands maps be spliced together in the PDF? Will the hexes be a distinct graphic element separate from the background map image? Will the PDF be "unlocked" so that we can freely access the images so as to modify/add details ourselves? I usually display maps and images on a screen nowadays and would pay for a significantly higher-resolution map than what is available in the the various AP PDFs that I can then modify myself.

Sovereign Court

Ambrus wrote:
I'm wondering about the PDF version of the Map Folio. What size/resolution will the maps be? Will the four Stolen Lands maps be spliced together in the PDF? Will the hexes be a distinct graphic element separate from the background map image? Will the PDF be "unlocked" so that we can freely access the images so as to modify/add details ourselves? I usually display maps and images on a screen nowadays and would pay for a significantly higher-resolution map than what is available in the the various AP PDFs that I can then modify myself.

Each of the four big maps is a single page, as in the print version. It is the same A3-ish page size and has watermark (so, I suspect, is locked).

I don't have the pdf-fu to tell you if the hexes can be removed.


GeraintElberion wrote:

Each of the four big maps is a single page, as in the print version. It is the same A3-ish page size and has watermark (so, I suspect, is locked).

I don't have the pdf-fu to tell you if the hexes can be removed.

Isn't the PDF version of the map only due to be available this Wednesday? Have I missed something?


Ambrus wrote:
GeraintElberion wrote:

Each of the four big maps is a single page, as in the print version. It is the same A3-ish page size and has watermark (so, I suspect, is locked).

I don't have the pdf-fu to tell you if the hexes can be removed.
Isn't the PDF version of the map only due to be available this Wednesday? Have I missed something?

Subscribers get access to PDF's of their relevant subscriptions at the time they ship from Paizo. As you get your AP PDF's early, campaign subscribers got the PDF of this a bit early. The sale date that is for general sales of the PDF is generally the estimated street date of product.


Is it relatively easy to make modifications to the maps? As in, when the PCs decide where to build cities and such, what would be the best way to mark it on the map? A taped cutout hex? :)


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I am going to laminate mine so we can just draw on the map as needed.


Anyone else that can shed some light on the "locked'ness" of the pdf's? :) I would very much like to play around with different sizes and so on - to be able to print out and cut up the map in hexes to hand out to the palyers a they explore the region... But I would like to do this in my own Photoshop Elements so that I can really play around with it. Does anyone know if this is possible?


Is anyone using the PDF of this? Is it troublesome in terms of printing and use at the table?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Derwalt wrote:
Anyone else that can shed some light on the "locked'ness" of the pdf's? :) I would very much like to play around with different sizes and so on - to be able to print out and cut up the map in hexes to hand out to the palyers a they explore the region... But I would like to do this in my own Photoshop Elements so that I can really play around with it. Does anyone know if this is possible?

I don't have any experience with Photoshop Elements, but at the very least, you can use captures of the PDF as a basis for your manipulations.


Hello there!

This is how I am using the folio with a Fog Of War for my players

I am still in the early stages of The Stolen Lands and I am wondering how things are being run at other tables. Do you reveal the whole map? Do you piece them all together?

I was contemplating giving to the players a smaller version of the map, slightly deformed (using pixelmator), without the hexes, as a handout to the players so they could get a feel of the general area but still felt like discovering a new world.


Have you considered doing a reprint of the print version of these? I shopped around online, and they apparently start at about $68.

Liberty's Edge

Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber

I should have gotten the Print version when I got the PDF of this, I am in the same boat you are Pennywit. There is actually several books that are out of print that I am trying to find and some of them are listed for $900 on Amazon.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

See this thread for an explanation of why we don't reprint products like this.

That said, I had the warehouse guys recheck physical inventory, and they turned up 40 additional copies. Get 'em while you can!


Vic Wertz wrote:

See this thread for an explanation of why we don't reprint products like this.

That said, I had the warehouse guys recheck physical inventory, and they turned up 40 additional copies. Get 'em while you can!

Will order as soon as I can. Thanks.

PS. Do you have Jimmy Hoffa in your warehouse, too?

Liberty's Edge

Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber
Vic Wertz wrote:

See this thread for an explanation of why we don't reprint products like this.

That said, I had the warehouse guys recheck physical inventory, and they turned up 40 additional copies. Get 'em while you can!

Thanks Vic,

Just picked myself up a copy.

Would like to see if you have some other items hidden in the warehouse!!!

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

pennywit wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:

See this thread for an explanation of why we don't reprint products like this.

That said, I had the warehouse guys recheck physical inventory, and they turned up 40 additional copies. Get 'em while you can!

Will order as soon as I can. Thanks.

PS. Do you have Jimmy Hoffa in your warehouse, too?

Funny you mention that.... Authorities hopeful new search will turn up Jimmy Hoffa

Sure... somebody *maybe* finds Hoffa, and USA Today is all like "let's run an article!" But we *actually* find half a box of Kingmaker Map folios, and do we get a story? Nooooo!


Do the pdf come with layers? I would like to get rid of the grid in order to use the maps for online play under roll20.

This would save so much time.

Digital Products Assistant

The maps in this PDF do not have layered grids.


And here I just pulled Kingmaker off the shelf and am planning to start it... and as with all my Pathfinder modules, I had only the module itself, figuring "if I actually run it I'll go buy the supplemental stuff then."

More fool me. The Map Pack for this adventure is available on Amazon... for $900. (All the other Map Packs are still in my local game store - but not Kingmaker.)

Looks like I'll be printing the PDF of it in chunks and taping it together. Ah well.


When will this be back in stock?


I don't think Paizo reprints books except for the core rule books. You might have to buy the pdf or look on Amazon or E-Bay.

Webstore Gninja Minion

PathfinderFan64 wrote:
I don't think Paizo reprints books except for the core rule books. You might have to buy the pdf or look on Amazon or E-Bay.

We do not typically reprint our books, with the exception of our hardcovers.

Lantern Lodge

Just posting that I do hope the Kingmaker Poster Map Folio do reappear in one physical from or another in the future.
Maybe as part of a Kingmaker 2 AP?

It seems very hard to get a copy. Amazon have sellers selling it at $775.60(!!!).

Webstore Gninja Minion

Secane wrote:

Just posting that I do hope the Kingmaker Poster Map Folio do reappear in one physical from or another in the future.

Maybe as part of a Kingmaker 2 AP?

It seems very hard to get a copy. Amazon have sellers selling it at $775.60(!!!).

We do not typically reprint older material. You can purchase the PDF and have it printed for personal use, however.


I bought the PDF's of this campaign, as it seems like a great fit for my group. There were no hard copies left, which is too bad.

I was following a discussion on this forum about manipulating the images in the Map Folio. I would like to open them up in Photoshop, and work with them. However, this is a password protected PDF. I wonder if one of you development-guys could give me some advice on how to proceed?

One of my first goals is to stitch together the 4 main maps into one, and clean up the font a bit (it doesn't print very clearly, as-is; white-on-green is something I wouldn't expect from RL, but he gets a pass this time because the rest of his work is so amazing!).

Thanks.
K.

Digital Products Assistant

Kethoth wrote:

I bought the PDF's of this campaign, as it seems like a great fit for my group. There were no hard copies left, which is too bad.

I was following a discussion on this forum about manipulating the images in the Map Folio. I would like to open them up in Photoshop, and work with them. However, this is a password protected PDF. I wonder if one of you development-guys could give me some advice on how to proceed?

One of my first goals is to stitch together the 4 main maps into one, and clean up the font a bit (it doesn't print very clearly, as-is; white-on-green is something I wouldn't expect from RL, but he gets a pass this time because the rest of his work is so amazing!).

Thanks.
K.

Kethoth, you may find our PDF FAQ for useful some of your questions. If you're using a newer version of Adobe Reader, you may need to right-click to select the images since they're treated as background elements. You can also use an image extracting program (a few free ones exist) which will port the images out for you.


I ... misplaced ... my physical versio of these maps. I'd like to print up the PDF versions of them; what size paper should I use?


pennywit wrote:
I ... misplaced ... my physical versio of these maps. I'd like to print up the PDF versions of them; what size paper should I use?

PS. If you manage to see any more in your warehouse, I'll drop off my firstborn at the Paizo offices ...

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

I'll second that. I'll bring chocolate, too.

Dark Archive

I want a reprint too.
This is the only map folio i do not own.


REPRINT REPRINT REPRINT REPRINT REPRINT!

It's insane how much USED copies of the map folio are going for on Amazon.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

The entire Kingmaker Adventure Path is sold out!

Only some non-mint copies of #3 & #6 remain.

Time to reprint it as a hardcover in 2017! ;-)


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

It looks as though a (possibly limited) reprint is in the works, so long as the Kingmaker hardcover compilation campaign on Game On Tabletop hits $200,000, which seems almost certain at this point!

:)


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

...and it's being reprinted! SO the question is: will the reprint be available outside of the campaign, or is it only going to be available to those who pledge?

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Paizo has said, that most of the products will be available after the campaign in the usual venues. The Map Folio isn't talked about when we asked about the exclusives, but they weren't unlocked back then.

Paizo Inc. wrote:

The exclusives are:

Campaign Management Screen
Hero Point Coins
Kingmaker Pin
Kingmaker Dice
Special Edition covers
Slipcase

.

.

But there was also talk about expanding the scope of this map Folio, through a higher strech goal:

Paizo Inc. wrote:
Currently the Poster Map Folio is a reprint but there's a stretch goal that adds more content to it if we get there.


For those of us who have only recently gotten into Pathfinder, and who therefore did not have a chance to get this physical product when it was first available, will there ever be a reprint? Either as a stand-alone product (a map folio), or as a complete anthology (i.e. all six Adventure Paths, plus the map folio, in one big product)?

You could run a survey, on your forums or via some other site, to see if there is sufficient interest. r you could post a project on Kickstarter, to gather the funds needed to make this product.

Since there is a PC-based incarnation of this mini-campaign (the game and associated KS project by Owlcat), I would presume there is sufficient interest in this product to justify mentioning these options... ;-)

Thank you,
Franklin


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
FWCain wrote:

For those of us who have only recently gotten into Pathfinder, and who therefore did not have a chance to get this physical product when it was first available, will there ever be a reprint? Either as a stand-alone product (a map folio), or as a complete anthology (i.e. all six Adventure Paths, plus the map folio, in one big product)?

You could run a survey, on your forums or via some other site, to see if there is sufficient interest. r you could post a project on Kickstarter, to gather the funds needed to make this product.

Since there is a PC-based incarnation of this mini-campaign (the game and associated KS project by Owlcat), I would presume there is sufficient interest in this product to justify mentioning these options... ;-)

Thank you,
Franklin

They just completed a crowdfunding campaign to revist the AP and some of its' associated products. It will be updated to 2nd Edition but there were add-ons for those who prefer to run the updated material in 5E or PF1.

Part of that included a reprint of this product and the original PF1 modules are all available via PDF (though they won't be reprinted).

From memory, the release date is expected to be early/mid 2020.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Steve Geddes wrote:
FWCain wrote:

For those of us who have only recently gotten into Pathfinder, and who therefore did not have a chance to get this physical product when it was first available, will there ever be a reprint? Either as a stand-alone product (a map folio), or as a complete anthology (i.e. all six Adventure Paths, plus the map folio, in one big product)?

You could run a survey, on your forums or via some other site, to see if there is sufficient interest. r you could post a project on Kickstarter, to gather the funds needed to make this product.

Since there is a PC-based incarnation of this mini-campaign (the game and associated KS project by Owlcat), I would presume there is sufficient interest in this product to justify mentioning these options... ;-)

Thank you,
Franklin

They just completed a crowdfunding campaign to revist the AP and some of its' associated products. It will be updated to 2nd Edition but there were add-ons for those who prefer to run the updated material in 5E or PF1.

Part of that included a reprint of this product and the original PF1 modules are all available via PDF (though they won't be reprinted).

From memory, the release date is expected to be early/mid 2020.

Actually, it will be late 2020 by what they placed as the delivery time on the crowdfunding site.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, PF Special Edition Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Oh thanks. I clearly didn’t pay attention!


Well, I tried finding that, but the only links I could get were all for the Kickstarter for the electronic game/

If you still have the link(s) for this other KS project, I'd appreciate you sharing those here, please.

Thanks,
Franklin

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

It wasn't a Kickstarter this time around, it was on GameOnTabletop.

51 to 100 of 101 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Chronicles: Kingmaker Poster Map Folio All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.