Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Advanced Player's Guide (OGL)

4.80/5 (based on 48 ratings)
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Advanced Player's Guide (OGL)
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Add Hardcover $44.99

Add PDF $9.99

Non-Mint Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

Take your Game to the Next Level!

Explore new and uncharted depths of roleplaying with the Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide! Empower your existing characters with expanded rules for all 11 Pathfinder Roleplaying Game core classes and seven core races, or build a new one from the ground up with one of six brand-new, 20-level base classes. Whether you're designing your own monstrous helpers as an enigmatic summoner, brewing up trouble with a grimy urban alchemist, or simply teaching an old rogue a new trick, this book has everything you need to make your heroes more heroic.

The Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide is a must-have companion volume to the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook. This imaginative tabletop game builds upon more than 10 years of system development and an Open Playtest featuring more than 50,000 gamers to create a cutting-edge RPG experience that brings the all-time best-selling set of fantasy rules into the new millennium.

The 336-page Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide includes:

  • Six new base classes: the monster-hunting inquisitor, the explosive alchemist, the noble cavalier, the prophecy-haunted oracle, the monster-crafting summoner, and the hex-weaving witch
  • More than a hundred innovative new feats and combat abilities for characters of all classes, including Steal, Point-Blank Master, and Bouncing Spell
  • Variant class abilities, rules subsystems, and thematic archetypes for all 11 core classes, such as the antipaladin, the hungry ghost monk, and the urban ranger
  • Hundreds of new spells and magic items, from phantasmal revenge to the Storm King's Cloud Castle
  • A wealth of fantastic equipment, such as fireblast rods and fortune-tellers' cards
  • New prestige classes like the Master Chymist and the Battle Herald
  • ... and much, much more!

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-246-3

Resources

Looking for more? Check out the Resources and Free Downloads available for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.

Errata
Last Updated - 12/01/2010

Other Resources: This product is also available on the following platforms:

Hero Lab Online
Fantasy Grounds Virtual Tabletop
Archives of Nethys

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Rulebook Subscription.

Product Availability

Hardcover:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 11 to 20 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Non-Mint:

Unavailable

This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products. The standard version of this product can be found here.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO1115


See Also:

26 to 30 of 48 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

4.80/5 (based on 48 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

4/5

Like many other reviewers, I was overjoyed when the APG was finally released! The class options are varied and interesting... of course, the Inquisitor has been my personal 'favored class' since the beta testing first came out. It was also good to see new combat maneuvers, and some new spells which go a long way to proving that 'fireball' is not the be all and end all of arcane spellcasting.

The lack of editing throughout the book was noticeable and disappointing. Hopefully this will be fixed in later printings. That said, the APG is a very solid addition to the Pathfinder series with a great range of options to prevent your players from ever quite knowing what to expect...


WAOW !!!

5/5

Pathfinder managed to pack so many great ideas in one book ! I am truly amazed. The classes variant are awesome, the new base classes are great and all the rest is amazing.

At every page I always think "Waow that is a great idea".

Also the arts are excellents!! I only bought the PDF so far but I MUST buy the printed copy.

You have so much information that you need to be completely rested when you read it.


Finally!

5/5

Not since the original Unearthed Arcana have I seen so many useful character flavors and flesh outs! Rules for DM and Player alike to work through and easy options to give your character more substance beyond a detailed back-story. For many years my group has created similar variations on their character classes and to have something to further that is just awesome.

Bravo Paizo!


Very Good

5/5

The APG may not be for everyone, but those people are evolutionary dead ends. Tons of class options, class variants, handy feats, trait system, new classes, new equipment, new everything. My old 3.5 sourcebooks will see less use in the future. For the most part, new options are well-balanced and interesting.


Much more than anticipated

5/5

This book is a lie. It does not contain six new classes. It contains over 40. The alternate class features alone change base classes so drastically you will not recognize a NPC with them as their iconic class without the DM tipping you off.

Between the Core rules book and the Advanced Players Guide you will be able to run dozens, if not hundreds, of adventures with no two characters alike.

Simply put this is the greatest supplement ever made for a player. Please enjoy responsibly.


26 to 30 of 48 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
251 to 300 of 1,085 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Gianmarco Maggio wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:

Yup; which is 100% intentional and by design. The 11 core classes will probably ALWAYS have more options than the newer 6 base classes, simply because those 11 core classes are the core classes—they're the classes we know that folks have access to. (It's unrealistic to imagine that everyone who bought the core RPG will also by the APG... although that'd certainly be nice!).

We'll be supporting all 17 classes (core and base alike) going forward in new books, but we have no plans on doing a "catch up" product for the 6 base classes.

I asked this because my fear is that the core classes will become (using the new options) more powerful than the 6 new base classes, so that selecting one of the 6 new classes could seems a weaker choice for a player.

Could it be the case?

"New" is not equal to "more powerful." The goal here is not to bump up power levels, but to add flexibility and additional interesting choices for players. People have been playing clerics for a while, so we want to give them new things they can do next time they play a cleric. People haven't played a summoner before, so just having the class *is* a new option.


You guys are my F$%#in Heroes! After 4th came out i was about to burn all my books and start playing basic again. I'm so glad you guys took up the mantle and kept 3.5 alive! Keep it up!

Dark Archive

Gianmarco Maggio wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:

Yup; which is 100% intentional and by design. The 11 core classes will probably ALWAYS have more options than the newer 6 base classes, simply because those 11 core classes are the core classes—they're the classes we know that folks have access to. (It's unrealistic to imagine that everyone who bought the core RPG will also by the APG... although that'd certainly be nice!).

We'll be supporting all 17 classes (core and base alike) going forward in new books, but we have no plans on doing a "catch up" product for the 6 base classes.

I asked this because my fear is that the core classes will become (using the new options) more powerful than the 6 new base classes, so that selecting one of the 6 new classes could seems a weaker choice for a player.

Could it be the case?

Well, paladin is pretty powerful as it is, but I'm fairly sure I could whip up an alchemist that would seriously rock!

Ergo, I'm not worried in the least.


Vic Wertz wrote:
Razz wrote:
Are we able to see a ToC for this or no? I'm curious to get even a tease of what's inside.
I know we have Paizo Blogs scheduled for further teases for the next two Fridays...

Does this mean that there will be a preview/teaser each friday until the APG is released? A bit like the Core Rulebook?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Zark wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Razz wrote:
Are we able to see a ToC for this or no? I'm curious to get even a tease of what's inside.
I know we have Paizo Blogs scheduled for further teases for the next two Fridays...
Does this mean that there will be a preview/teaser each friday until the APG is released? A bit like the Core Rulebook?

Hmm. I appear to have been under the illusion I was posting in the GameMastery Guide thread when I said that. Sorry!

Right now, we're focusing on teasers for the GMG, seeing as it's our new release... but I'm sure you'll see a bunch of APG blogs in the weeks between PaizoCon (when we have our first big preview at the APG banquet) and Gen Con (when we release the book).


Vic Wertz wrote:
Zark wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Razz wrote:
Are we able to see a ToC for this or no? I'm curious to get even a tease of what's inside.
I know we have Paizo Blogs scheduled for further teases for the next two Fridays...
Does this mean that there will be a preview/teaser each friday until the APG is released? A bit like the Core Rulebook?

Hmm. I appear to have been under the illusion I was posting in the GameMastery Guide thread when I said that. Sorry!

Right now, we're focusing on teasers for the GMG, seeing as it's our new release... but I'm sure you'll see a bunch of APG blogs in the weeks between PaizoCon (when we have our first big preview at the APG banquet) and Gen Con (when we release the book).

:-(

Well you're only human.
Will the APG be released as a PDF as well? I will get the book, but I don't want to wait until the book hits Sweden. Also, a lot of us wants a book and a PDF.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Zark wrote:
Will the APG be released as a PDF as well? I will get the book, but I don't want to wait until the book hits Sweden. Also, a lot of us wants a book and a PDF.

The APG PDF will be available on the release date, August 5 (the first day of Gen Con).


I've found an interesting explanation about core classes vs new base classes from Jason Bulmahn in an old blog post:

"In addition to the expansion of the core classes, this book will also contain six new base classes. They are called base classes because they go from level 1 to level 20, but they are not core classes. Confused? Allow me to explain. We are making an assumption that these new classes will take a role in our world (and possibly yours) that is less common. You will not find them in every adventure, nor will they appear in every product. That means that you can introduce them to your game in a more limited fashion, without having to retcon them into every facet of your campaign."

That help me to understand better what James Jacobs meant with his previous post, and I have to say that I like the philosophy that leaded the development of the new classes and that the 11 core classes remain the main, most common classes now and forever.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

There's no such thing as a "Jason Jacobs" though... at least... not to my knowledge!


James Jacobs wrote:
There's no such thing as a "Jason Jacobs" though... at least... not to my knowledge!

Someone is using the gestalt rules


James Jacobs wrote:
There's no such thing as a "Jason Jacobs" though... at least... not to my knowledge!

Sorry, corrected :)


seekerofshadowlight wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
There's no such thing as a "Jason Jacobs" though... at least... not to my knowledge!
Someone is using the gestalt rules

Seems like perhaps a Half-Red Dragon Fiendish T-Rex.


James Jacobs wrote:
There's no such thing as a "Jason Jacobs" though... at least... not to my knowledge!

If there were such an unholy hybrid, we'd have to destroy it.

Dark Archive

James Jacobs wrote:
There's no such thing as a "Jason Jacobs" though... at least... not to my knowledge!

Maybe if you and Jason mated it would produce such a offspring?

The Exchange Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 6

Google says not only is there a Jason Jacobs, he's 39 and lives in Seattle. Spooky.


Dark_Mistress wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
There's no such thing as a "Jason Jacobs" though... at least... not to my knowledge!
Maybe if you and Jason mated it would produce such a offspring?

I thought they had.....how else do you explain "Nicolas Logue"...oooh did I go too far??? ;-)


Russ Taylor wrote:
Google says not only is there a Jason Jacobs, he's 39 and lives in Seattle. Spooky.

I'm buying my ticket now. Russ, meet me at the previously agreed coordinates.


Vic Wertz wrote:
Zark wrote:
Will the APG be released as a PDF as well? I will get the book, but I don't want to wait until the book hits Sweden. Also, a lot of us wants a book and a PDF.
The APG PDF will be available on the release date, August 5 (the first day of Gen Con).

Thanks Vic! You've made me very happy :-)

Owner - House of Books and Games LLC

Dark_Mistress wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
There's no such thing as a "Jason Jacobs" though... at least... not to my knowledge!
Maybe if you and Jason mated it would produce such a offspring?

Ack! Urk! Pthagh!

brain .... sponge ... needed ..

Scarab Sages Contributor, RPG Superstar 2008 Top 4, Legendary Games

Russ Taylor wrote:
Google says not only is there a Jason Jacobs, he's 39 and lives in Seattle. Spooky.

I went to elementary school with a Jason Jakes. And a Jason Sloan. And two others I can't even remember the last names of. Very popular name back in the day. In fact, according to the U.S. Social Security Admin, Jason was in the top 4 most common boys' names EVERY YEAR from 1973 to 1983.

But it was never #1.

Spoiler:
A pox on all those Michaels that got in our way!!!!


Hallelujah, we got our first preview of all the new base classes!
Will your Paizo's home page crash? ;-)
I almost missed they were in the Chronicles Sheet to "Master of the Fallen Fortress"
Cool :-)

Sovereign Court

blackcat wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
There's no such thing as a "Jason Jacobs" though... at least... not to my knowledge!
Maybe if you and Jason mated it would produce such a offspring?
I thought they had.....how else do you explain "Nicolas Logue"...oooh did I go too far??? ;-)

Yes, yes you did.

Sovereign Court

Zark wrote:

:-(

Well you're only human.

He is?


Callous Jack wrote:
Zark wrote:

:-(

Well you're only human.
He is?

Well, we got our preview after all. :-)

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Zark wrote:

Hallelujah, we got our first preview of all the new base classes!

Will your Paizo's home page crash? ;-)
I almost missed they were in the Chronicles Sheet to "Master of the Fallen Fortress"
Cool :-)

I think a lot of people haven't actually noticed that yet.


Vic Wertz wrote:
Zark wrote:

Hallelujah, we got our first preview of all the new base classes!

Will your Paizo's home page crash? ;-)
I almost missed they were in the Chronicles Sheet to "Master of the Fallen Fortress"
Cool :-)
I think a lot of people haven't actually noticed that yet.

Edit:

LOL, I think you are right. Poor Jason when they do.
The messageboards will explode.
Anyway. It was very kind.
edit2
Jason if you read this, will the Oracle get burning hands as a bonus spell at level 2? A lot of people will wonder, especially LastKnightLeft.

Dark Archive

Vic Wertz wrote:
Zark wrote:

Hallelujah, we got our first preview of all the new base classes!

Will your Paizo's home page crash? ;-)
I almost missed they were in the Chronicles Sheet to "Master of the Fallen Fortress"
Cool :-)
I think a lot of people haven't actually noticed that yet.

Well it is not super obvious unless you read the whole blog post. Plus the GMG just came out. I doubt most have come up for air yet. :)


Dark_Mistress wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Zark wrote:

Hallelujah, we got our first preview of all the new base classes!

Will your Paizo's home page crash? ;-)
I almost missed they were in the Chronicles Sheet to "Master of the Fallen Fortress"
Cool :-)
I think a lot of people haven't actually noticed that yet.
Well it is not super obvious unless you read the whole blog post. Plus the GMG just came out. I doubt most have come up for air yet. :)

Well I have come up :-) and I like it is not super obvious.

The summoner looks really powerful.

"Summon Monster I (Sp) You have summon monster I as a spell-like
ability. Using this ability is a standard action, and the summoned
creature remains for 1 minute (instead of 1 round). You cannot
have more than one summon monster spell active in this way
at one time. If this ability is used again, any existing summon
monster spell immediately ends."

Use it as a standard action and it last for a minute. Great.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Zark wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Zark wrote:

Hallelujah, we got our first preview of all the new base classes!

Will your Paizo's home page crash? ;-)
I almost missed they were in the Chronicles Sheet to "Master of the Fallen Fortress"
Cool :-)
I think a lot of people haven't actually noticed that yet.
Well it is not super obvious unless you read the whole blog post. Plus the GMG just came out. I doubt most have come up for air yet. :)

Well I have come up :-) and I like it is not super obvious.

The summoner looks really powerful.

"Summon Monster I (Sp) You have summon monster I as a spell-like
ability. Using this ability is a standard action, and the summoned
creature remains for 1 minute (instead of 1 round). You cannot
have more than one summon monster spell active in this way
at one time. If this ability is used again, any existing summon
monster spell immediately ends."

Use it as a standard action and it last for a minute. Great.

That's like looking at a close-up picture of a person's face and seeing only the eye and assuming that the person is covered with eyes. In other words, there's more going on there than what you can see—it's not really worthwhile to get too worked up about class balance when you can't see the whole thing.


Zark wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Zark wrote:

Hallelujah, we got our first preview of all the new base classes!

Will your Paizo's home page crash? ;-)
I almost missed they were in the Chronicles Sheet to "Master of the Fallen Fortress"
Cool :-)
I think a lot of people haven't actually noticed that yet.

Edit:

LOL, I think you are right. Poor Jason when they do.
The messageboards will explode.
Anyway. It was very kind.
edit2
Jason if you read this, will the Oracle get burning hands as a bonus spell at level 2? A lot of people will wonder, especially LastKnightLeft.

I'm not sure they'll explode. The ones I looked at closest seem pretty close to the Final Playtest Version. I made a thread to discuss any changes we find here.


James Jacobs wrote:


That's like looking at a close-up picture of a person's face and seeing only the eye and assuming that the person is covered with eyes. In other words, there's more going on there than what you can see—it's not really worthwhile to get too worked up about class balance when you can't see the whole thing.

We'll people will probably get worked up about anything regarding the new APG. Some will like that the summoner can still use the Summon Monster spell-like ability as a standard action and that it last 1 minute (per level?) and some will think it is too powerful.

What you gotta remember, people are active on the boards because they love Paizo and Pathfinder. So every time you think we are a pain in the *ss, remeber it's because we are all passionate about the game.


It may never happen but a part of me wants to see a variant ranger and/or paladin that gets spellcasting at 1st. I play rangers when I play so I'm pulling for rangers more than anything for this. But the idea I have is Ranger as a militant druid, Same 4 levels of spells but he gets more of them to cast almost like the bard in some respects. In this variant he'd also get at least 2 more spells in Goodberry and Faerie Fire. Good Berry because it's a healing spell thematically appropriate to how I have the class envisioned. Faerie Fire more as a frivolous spell he would cast at a party when more important spells are not needed. Or use it to enchant a carved vegetable for a Jack O'Lantern type of effect. Wouldn't give a whole lot of light but it would be fun to look at.

Owner - House of Books and Games LLC

Zark wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Zark wrote:

Hallelujah, we got our first preview of all the new base classes!

Will your Paizo's home page crash? ;-)
I almost missed they were in the Chronicles Sheet to "Master of the Fallen Fortress"
Cool :-)
I think a lot of people haven't actually noticed that yet.

Edit:

LOL, I think you are right. Poor Jason when they do.
The messageboards will explode.

I doubt it; Jason's virtually never on here - I suspect what goes on on the boards doesn't bother him in the slightest.

Unless you meant James :)

Dark Archive

gbonehead wrote:
Zark wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Zark wrote:

Hallelujah, we got our first preview of all the new base classes!

Will your Paizo's home page crash? ;-)
I almost missed they were in the Chronicles Sheet to "Master of the Fallen Fortress"
Cool :-)
I think a lot of people haven't actually noticed that yet.

Edit:

LOL, I think you are right. Poor Jason when they do.
The messageboards will explode.

I doubt it; Jason's virtually never on here - I suspect what goes on on the boards doesn't bother him in the slightest.

Unless you meant James :)

Oh, that's not a nice thing to say; I think Jason cares a *LOT* about us and our opinions. The main reason he's not constantly posting here is that he's probably been *VERY* busy. Just think the about the amount of work he's done in the last couple of years (Core Rules, Crypt of the Everflame, APG, GMG etc.) and there are Bestiary 2 and the FAQ coming out. Jason is the Lead Developer, so it's no wonder he hasn't had a lot of time to hang around here.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
gbonehead wrote:
Zark wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Zark wrote:

Hallelujah, we got our first preview of all the new base classes!

Will your Paizo's home page crash? ;-)
I almost missed they were in the Chronicles Sheet to "Master of the Fallen Fortress"
Cool :-)
I think a lot of people haven't actually noticed that yet.

Edit:

LOL, I think you are right. Poor Jason when they do.
The messageboards will explode.

I doubt it; Jason's virtually never on here - I suspect what goes on on the boards doesn't bother him in the slightest.

Unless you meant James :)

Now that's a cheap (or grossly underinformed) shot. Jason was here constantly during the Alpha, Beta and APG playtests and his late disapperance was due to final phase of works on APG and *cough* Errata *cough*.


He..the Summoner is called Balazar is he...as a follower of RPG MP3s exploration of the 'Worlds Largest Dungeon' that's a name with resonance

Paizo Employee Creative Director

FenrysStar wrote:
It may never happen but a part of me wants to see a variant ranger and/or paladin that gets spellcasting at 1st. I play rangers when I play so I'm pulling for rangers more than anything for this. But the idea I have is Ranger as a militant druid, Same 4 levels of spells but he gets more of them to cast almost like the bard in some respects. In this variant he'd also get at least 2 more spells in Goodberry and Faerie Fire. Good Berry because it's a healing spell thematically appropriate to how I have the class envisioned. Faerie Fire more as a frivolous spell he would cast at a party when more important spells are not needed. Or use it to enchant a carved vegetable for a Jack O'Lantern type of effect. Wouldn't give a whole lot of light but it would be fun to look at.

What you're looking for would more or less be identical to a cleric or a druid.

Full spellcasting plus a full base attack progression will never happen from a Paizo product.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Asgetrion wrote:
Oh, that's not a nice thing to say; I think Jason cares a *LOT* about us and our opinions. The main reason he's not constantly posting here is that he's probably been *VERY* busy. Just think the about the amount of work he's done in the last couple of years (Core Rules, Crypt of the Everflame, APG, GMG etc.) and there are Bestiary 2 and the FAQ coming out. Jason is the Lead Developer, so it's no wonder he hasn't had a lot of time to hang around here.

Jason is actually the Lead Designer, not the Lead Developer.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:

What you're looking for would more or less be identical to a cleric or a druid.

Full spellcasting plus a full base attack progression will never happen from a Paizo product.

I take that you aren't exactly on good terms with the Cleric variant from the Campaign Setting :)


OK, as you can see I am a subscriber to this line of books, but I do not want this book, so what is the best way for me to go about skipping this book and not miss the Game Masters Guide?

Do I just cancel my subscription, and then as soon as I see this has shipped restart it?


James Jacobs wrote:
FenrysStar wrote:
It may never happen but a part of me wants to see a variant ranger and/or paladin that gets spellcasting at 1st. I play rangers when I play so I'm pulling for rangers more than anything for this. But the idea I have is Ranger as a militant druid, Same 4 levels of spells but he gets more of them to cast almost like the bard in some respects. In this variant he'd also get at least 2 more spells in Goodberry and Faerie Fire. Good Berry because it's a healing spell thematically appropriate to how I have the class envisioned. Faerie Fire more as a frivolous spell he would cast at a party when more important spells are not needed. Or use it to enchant a carved vegetable for a Jack O'Lantern type of effect. Wouldn't give a whole lot of light but it would be fun to look at.

What you're looking for would more or less be identical to a cleric or a druid.

Full spellcasting plus a full base attack progression will never happen from a Paizo product.

No, a Druid has too many spell casting levels and I prefer the ranger's sidebar if you will. There was an interesting idea in Dragon magazine once in the form of a Mystic Ranger.

Dark Archive

Robert Miller 55 wrote:

OK, as you can see I am a subscriber to this line of books, but I do not want this book, so what is the best way for me to go about skipping this book and not miss the Game Masters Guide?

Do I just cancel my subscription, and then as soon as I see this has shipped restart it?

Pretty much, yes. Once the Advanced Player's Guide has shipped to subscribers, you should be able to restart your subscription starting with Advanced Player's Guide or Bestiary II (which is the book after Advanced Player's Guide).

Owner - House of Books and Games LLC

Gorbacz wrote:
gbonehead wrote:
Zark wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Zark wrote:

Hallelujah, we got our first preview of all the new base classes!

Will your Paizo's home page crash? ;-)
I almost missed they were in the Chronicles Sheet to "Master of the Fallen Fortress"
Cool :-)
I think a lot of people haven't actually noticed that yet.

Edit:

LOL, I think you are right. Poor Jason when they do.
The messageboards will explode.

I doubt it; Jason's virtually never on here - I suspect what goes on on the boards doesn't bother him in the slightest.

Unless you meant James :)

Now that's a cheap (or grossly underinformed) shot. Jason was here constantly during the Alpha, Beta and APG playtests and his late disapperance was due to final phase of works on APG and *cough* Errata *cough*.

Not a shot in the slightest. I picture him as being busy as hell and barely having time to read his regular email, never mind burning precious time slacking on these boards like the lot of us :)

Dark Archive

James Jacobs wrote:
Asgetrion wrote:
Oh, that's not a nice thing to say; I think Jason cares a *LOT* about us and our opinions. The main reason he's not constantly posting here is that he's probably been *VERY* busy. Just think the about the amount of work he's done in the last couple of years (Core Rules, Crypt of the Everflame, APG, GMG etc.) and there are Bestiary 2 and the FAQ coming out. Jason is the Lead Developer, so it's no wonder he hasn't had a lot of time to hang around here.
Jason is actually the Lead Designer, not the Lead Developer.

Designer... developer... almost the same thing, right? ;)


I should have written James. He is the one who have been active on the boards the last couple of months. Sure Jason has been busy, but James sure hasn't been slacking. I'm sure James work just as hard as Jason. Jason is the man when it comes to rules in the core rulebook and the APG, but Paizo is so much more that these two books. In fact they are one way of promoting their adventure paths.
Paizo would not have been where they are now without the brilliant and creative mind of James Jacobs, who also is my favorite member of the staff. Sure I love what Jason has done for the game and I do want the APG, but Paizo is more than Jason. All of them, Lisa, Vic, Ross, Joshua, Eric, etc. are all important and none of them are slackers. Well perhaps Eric ;-)

Owner - House of Books and Games LLC

Zark wrote:

I should have written James. He is the one who have been active on the boards the last couple of months. Sure Jason has been busy, but James sure hasn't been slacking. I'm sure James work just as hard as Jason. Jason is the man when it comes to rules in the core rulebook and the APG, but Paizo is so much more that these two books. In fact they are one way of promoting their adventure paths.

Paizo would not have been where they are now without the brilliant and creative mind of James Jacobs, who also is my favorite member of the staff. Sure I love what Jason has done for the game and I do want the APG, but Paizo is more than Jason. All of them, Lisa, Vic, Ross, Joshua, Eric, etc. are all important and none of them are slackers. Well perhaps Eric ;-)

Here, have a Kleenex ... I think you have something on your nose :)


I can't wait for this to come out, but I have a query.

What happens when your Eidolon gets permanently anchored to it's home plane somehow after it gets sent home by an enemy caster? ._. The Summoner is then seriously gimped. What do you do in that case?

I ask because I really want to play a summoner once the book hits, but I'm really worried about this. I don't want to end up summonless and thus tremendously gimped, especially at higher levels when, y'know, every man and their dog probably has a way to get rid of it, rendering you fairly weak. I mean, as weak as still having up to level 6 summoner spells, but still, it's one hell of a hit.


Tyroki wrote:

I can't wait for this to come out, but I have a query.

What happens when your Eidolon gets permanently anchored to it's home plane somehow after it gets sent home by an enemy caster? ._. The Summoner is then seriously gimped. What do you do in that case?

I ask because I really want to play a summoner once the book hits, but I'm really worried about this. I don't want to end up summonless and thus tremendously gimped, especially at higher levels when, y'know, every man and their dog probably has a way to get rid of it, rendering you fairly weak. I mean, as weak as still having up to level 6 summoner spells, but still, it's one hell of a hit.

If someone has the tenacity to banish your eidolon, plane shift to where he is and then spam dimensional anchor on him, then really, plane shift to the eidolon's home and kill that guy.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Gorbacz wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:

What you're looking for would more or less be identical to a cleric or a druid.

Full spellcasting plus a full base attack progression will never happen from a Paizo product.

I take that you aren't exactly on good terms with the Cleric variant from the Campaign Setting :)

Nope. That's going away in the revised book. It was a bad idea.

251 to 300 of 1,085 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Advanced Player's Guide (OGL) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.