Pathfinder Miniatures: Red Dragon—Core Rulebook Version

3.00/5 (based on 2 ratings)

List Price: $39.99

Our Price: $35.99

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

Pathfinder Miniatures are 28mm white metal minis based on characters and creatures from Paizo's Pathfinder campaign setting.

Miniatures include a plastic slotted base. They are unpainted and may need some assembly.

Product Availability

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

RPR60028


See Also:

Average product rating:

3.00/5 (based on 2 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Pathfinder Red Dragon.

1/5

Very small.

At 3" it is the size of a winged lizardman, not a dragon. If you compare it to the artwork, it is scaled more for 15mm figures not 28 mm figures.

I'll give one star for the detail workmanship of my new very expensive ($39.99) winged lizardman figure.

Pathfinder/ Paizo/ Reaper would do well to give the dimentions of the figure, or show a measuring tape to give a reference of size.


The basics

5/5

Since no one's added info for this: This is a Large model. It comes in 6 separate pieces, and yes, you will want to pin the mini. The base is by far the best built-in base I've been from Reaper.




1 to 50 of 57 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

We've added a photo of a mini that Reaper says was "painted quickly." We'll be getting a photo of an even nicer paint job in the near future.


*sigh* Would be nice to have a painted version for those of us less adept with a paint brush. Looks purty.

Lantern Lodge

I'm gonna need some serious drillbits to pin that bad boy together along with some industrial strength adhesives.


What's the wingspan on that beast?! ;)


Wow I wish my "it took 2 months" was as good as that "quickly painted"!

Silver Crusade

Nile wrote:
Wow I wish my "it took 2 months" was as good as that "quickly painted"!

Same here.

I really am liking this "straight from the artwork" pattern Reaper has going here.

Scarab Sages

How big ist this beautiful critter?

RPG Superstar 2010 Top 32

feytharn wrote:
How big ist this beautiful critter?

75mm from bottom of the base to the top of the neck crest. That's about 30 inches.

It's six pieces and apparently ships in a blister, unless something has changed in the interim.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

MUST HAVE


Well I know one miniature dragon I'll be buying.

Dark Archive

Nile wrote:
Wow I wish my "it took 2 months" was as good as that "quickly painted"!

I'll see your comment, and raise you to 6 months!

@Urizen, I'm sure you could find someone close to you to paint it!

Owner - House of Books and Games LLC

Urizen wrote:
*sigh* Would be nice to have a painted version for those of us less adept with a paint brush. Looks purty.

I'll second that.

I'll never be painting minis, ever, so not having prepainted minis is a downer.


Yeah, tell Reaper when they are done with the "crappily" painted show piece and have decided to throw it away, I'll be happy to drive up to Lewisville and take it off their hands for absolutely free! I won't even ask for gas money!


Nevynxxx wrote:
@Urizen, I'm sure you could find someone close to you to paint it!

Perhaps. But once completed, will the individual give it back? :P


Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Yeah, tell Reaper when they are done with the "crappily" painted show piece and have decided to throw it away, I'll be happy to drive up to Lewisville and take it off their hands for absolutely free! I won't even ask for gas money!

Minis are like cocaine or at least a quality bottle of shiraz for you, sir. :)

Dark Archive

Urizen wrote:
Nevynxxx wrote:
@Urizen, I'm sure you could find someone close to you to paint it!
Perhaps. But once completed, will the individual give it back? :P

LOL, there would indeed need to be a certain amount of trust there. I've painted minis for friends before, strangers it could get a little complex with.


I don't paint or really use minis but man thats sweet

The Exchange RPG Superstar 2009 Top 8

A Man In Black wrote:
feytharn wrote:
How big ist this beautiful critter?

75mm from bottom of the base to the top of the neck crest. That's about 30 inches.

3 inches.


So, from a game standpoint - "Large" or "Huge" ??


Correction on the size statement above...

75mm = approx 3 inches not 30 as stated.

Note I have no idea the actual size of the miniature - just correcting the conversion.

Scarab Sages

Cutter wrote:

Correction on the size statement above...

75mm = approx 3 inches not 30 as stated.

Note I have no idea the actual size of the miniature - just correcting the conversion.

Boh, there I was getting all excited about the 2 1/2 foot tall miniature :P

But yes, 75mm is very slightly less 3 inches


Must roll ... will save ... to resist ... commenting...

Wheewh!


Urizen wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Yeah, tell Reaper when they are done with the "crappily" painted show piece and have decided to throw it away, I'll be happy to drive up to Lewisville and take it off their hands for absolutely free! I won't even ask for gas money!
Minis are like cocaine or at least a quality bottle of shiraz for you, sir. :)

I wish I could say having bought my last minis over a week ago would not have me shaking a little right now, but I can't...

Liberty's Edge

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
I wish I could say having bought my last minis over a week ago would not have me shaking a little right now, but I can't...

There's a reason they call it plastic crack. :p

Silver Crusade

Nile wrote:
Wow I wish my "it took 2 months" was as good as that "quickly painted"!

That's Anne Forester for yah.

You can see her WiP on it on the Reaper forum.

Sczarni

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens Subscriber

Question: do we have an estimated weight for this yet?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Cpt_kirstov wrote:
Question: do we have an estimated weight for this yet?

Umm... we have a guess based on past experience, but Reaper should have something accurate by now. I'll ask.


Holy moly. That's a good-lookin' figure.


drooool...

Can't wait for this baby. It's a shame I already have minis for Red Dragons, but this one is a MUST!

Sovereign Court

I wonder if this red dragon could be considered to be LONG in the TOOTH?

Sczarni

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens Subscriber
Vic Wertz wrote:
Cpt_kirstov wrote:
Question: do we have an estimated weight for this yet?
Umm... we have a guess based on past experience, but Reaper should have something accurate by now. I'll ask.

how bout a release date: it's april already! I have 3 of these preordered - lets go go GO !

edit: I know, be patient


Yes please, I eagerly await this puppy.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Cpt_kirstov wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Cpt_kirstov wrote:
Question: do we have an estimated weight for this yet?
Umm... we have a guess based on past experience, but Reaper should have something accurate by now. I'll ask.

how bout a release date: it's april already! I have 3 of these preordered - lets go go GO !

edit: I know, be patient

Haven't seen a date yet, but we did get a finished packaged weight: 0.6 lbs.


Me Wanty! I don't usually find myself caring about dragon minis that much, but I love this guy. What size category would you peg this dragon as? It's at least large, but I'd guess it's closer to huge.

Sczarni

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens Subscriber
Disciple of Sakura wrote:
Me Wanty! I don't usually find myself caring about dragon minis that much, but I love this guy. What size category would you peg this dragon as? It's at least large, but I'd guess it's closer to huge.

. Hight is the same as the huge red in the recent giants expansion by wotc.... at least up to 2 mm


is it assembly required??

my ability to that for minis blows

Sczarni

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens Subscriber
Steelfiredragon wrote:

is it assembly required??

my ability to that for minis blows

From the Reaper site, it appears that the two wings come separate from the body, so 3 pieces all together


Wow. Just... Wow. That's an awesome mini. I can't wait to get one!

(now to go to the FLGS and order it!)

/d


Urizen wrote:
*sigh* Would be nice to have a painted version for those of us less adept with a paint brush. Looks purty.

Agreed. ;-; I would actually consider getting this, but seeing as I have no hope of ever making it look that good, well, no point in buying it.


Looks nice! A pic with a mini next to it for scale purposes would be great though.

Contributor

Cebrion wrote:
Looks nice! A pic with a mini next to it for scale purposes would be great though.

Look at the cover of the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook. ;)


Bought!


Has Pathfinder ever considered going with prepainted minis using the Reaper Pathfinder models? Perhaps if they were as high quality as the Confrontation prepainted minis (and priced to sell), there would be a huge buy in.

Sczarni

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens Subscriber
Cpt_kirstov wrote:
Steelfiredragon wrote:

is it assembly required??

my ability to that for minis blows

From the Reaper site, it appears that the two wings come separate from the body, so 3 pieces all together

Note: just got mine in here is a breakdown of the peices:

lower body (and ruins under him),
Upper body,
upper skull (jawline up)
left claw
left wing
right wing

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

NaeAnath’Mai wrote:
Has Pathfinder ever considered going with prepainted minis using the Reaper Pathfinder models? Perhaps if they were as high quality as the Confrontation prepainted minis (and priced to sell), there would be a huge buy in.

If our partners at Reaper ever decide that Pathfinder prepainted minis can be a viable concern, you can believe we'll back them on that!


Is it hard to Paint? I bought one and i am new at Painting... Tips please!

The Exchange

GreenCarp wrote:
Is it hard to Paint? I bought one and i am new at Painting... Tips please!

You can find several good mini painting and assembly guides online. Just use the Google. "Miniature Painting Guide" is a good term to start with.

Or www.coolminiornot.com is good too.


This is all you need!
http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/forum/3-painting-tips-advice/


Alright! ty

1 to 50 of 57 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Miniatures: Red Dragon—Core Rulebook Version All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.