Pathfinder Society Scenario #16: To Scale the Dragon (OGL) PDF

****( ) (based on 16 ratings)

Our Price: $3.99

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 5th to 9th level characters (Tiers: 5–6 and 8–9).

The last remains of a sage from an age long past rests high atop the snow-covered tips of the Fog Peaks in Southern Galt and the Society wants his bones in order to study them and learn from them. They've sent you into a wintry wilderness of primordial beastmen and snow creatures not seen below the snow line to do just that. With the Aspis Consortium also seeking the bones, the race is on to beat them to the top and, once the bones are recovered, to make it back down alive.

Written by Tim Hitchcock

This scenario is designed for play in Pathfinder Society Organized Play, but can easily be adapted for use with any world. This scenario is compliant with the Open Game License (OGL) and is suitable for use with the 3.5 edition of the world’s most popular fantasy roleplaying game.

Product Availability

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZOPSS0016E


See Also:

16 of 16 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

****( ) (based on 16 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

The Best of the Best

*****

This is by far the best Pathfinder Society scenario I've played: not only is the scenario evocative it also oozes with atmosphere. Nearly perfect save for one particularly deadly combat and loads of fun to play.


Truly excellent

*****

Words aren't sufficient to explain the sheer awesomeness of this scenario. It's packed with excitement, intense combats, and most of all a logical plot with a great atmosphere.

A shame this is only as Tier 5-6 minimum. This'd be an excellent way to introduce new players to the Society.


16 of 16 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Now available!


Great adventure and our group had a blast with it. The dog sledding was a great addition and really made for some fun situations. Especially when the party was on it's way back down!

I also took the liberty of making some props that added a lot to the adventure. Here are some pics and descriptions of what I did. Be sure to click on the photo and check out the descriptions for tips on how to do them yourself!

http://s808.photobucket.com/albums/zz10/pic_dumpster/


Penny Sue wrote:

Great adventure and our group had a blast with it. The dog sledding was a great addition and really made for some fun situations. Especially when the party was on it's way back down!

I also took the liberty of making some props that added a lot to the adventure. Here are some pics and descriptions of what I did. Be sure to click on the photo and check out the descriptions for tips on how to do them yourself!

http://s808.photobucket.com/albums/zz10/pic_dumpster/

I love your dog sleds - where did you find the images?

Liberty's Edge Contributor

Penny Sue wrote:

Great adventure and our group had a blast with it. The dog sledding was a great addition and really made for some fun situations. Especially when the party was on it's way back down!

I also took the liberty of making some props that added a lot to the adventure. Here are some pics and descriptions of what I did. Be sure to click on the photo and check out the descriptions for tips on how to do them yourself!

http://s808.photobucket.com/albums/zz10/pic_dumpster/

Holy CoW!!! Those dogsleds are awesome!

Sovereign Court

If I'm signed up to play this with a 1st level character, is it likely the GM will just turn me away? I don't want to be slaughtered, but I'd really like to play in Pathfinder Society and this is the only game Tampa Area Gamers has scheduled for Saturday AM.

Scarab Sages

Warforged Gardener wrote:
If I'm signed up to play this with a 1st level character, is it likely the GM will just turn me away? I don't want to be slaughtered, but I'd really like to play in Pathfinder Society and this is the only game Tampa Area Gamers has scheduled for Saturday AM.

I was at Origins 09 with my first level in this scenario and it was fantastic.

Grand Lodge

Question about the Chronicle:

Spoiler:
I understand that the amulet of health (4000gp) remains available for purchase, that it gives me the +2 version listed as costing 4000gp and that I must bring the 3.5 rules for it to each game. Can it be upgraded to the +4 or +6 version?


Starglim wrote:

Question about the Chronicle:

** spoiler omitted **

Considering the Season 0 scenarios are pretty outdated, I'm no official, but that is probably now a Belt of Mighty Constitution +2, which is in core. (At either rate, you may already have enough prestige for 4000 GP items, so just buy the belt instead? They are both the same item, just updated for Pathfinder.)

Grand Lodge

Marthian wrote:
Starglim wrote:

Question about the Chronicle:

** spoiler omitted **
Considering the Season 0 scenarios are pretty outdated, I'm no official, but that is probably now a Belt of Mighty Constitution +2, which is in core. (At either rate, you may already have enough prestige for 4000 GP items, so just buy the belt instead? They are both the same item, just updated for Pathfinder.)

Wearing a belt of giant strength with this item costs slightly less than a belt of physical might and doesn't tie me in to upgrading both scores in tandem, with the drawback of taking up another slot. It's not a choice every character would make.

Liberty's Edge

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

It has been awhile since it has been brought up, but Joshua the original lead of PFS said any items that changed from 3.5 to PFRPG you had to buy the PFRPG version.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Had a party entirely unsuited to the task at hand, but we persevered through it all thanks to good item selection and being stacked with healing. Sadly not enough to save the low-man from needing a rez. Great theme, wonky mechanics.

Sovereign Court

Just been smashed to pieces by this scenario.

4 character party (as per season 1 rules)

Spoiler:
Had all of our healing and resources sucked up by the sledding, last little bit dragged out by the Taars.

So, three level 5s and a level 4 pre-gen faced a Remorhaz (CR7 melee brute) in difficult terrain where the barbarian was fatigued (no rage) and everyone was around half hit-points before the fight began.

First round, oracle reduced to -5
Second round, investigator pre-gen reduced to -5
third round, slayer grappled - no chance of escape
fourth round, slayer swallowed and in negatives

at this point, barbarian is fleeing and remorhaz is still on full hit points...

I'm really not convinced that the sled mechanics would ever work for a party of 4 level 5 characters unless they were all druids and rangers with maxed-out handle animal. Nobody at that level has casting which will help much with the mountain (use your one lvl3 spell on communal endure elements, maybe?) and the chances of an optimised party are low with mid-level PFS.

So, yeah, pretty frustrating to have a TPK because of a few low skill checks.

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Society Scenario #16: To Scale the Dragon (OGL) PDF All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.