Indulgence: Mysteries of the Razor Sea (OGL) PDF

4.80/5 (based on 6 ratings)

Our Price: $2.50

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

By Nicolas Logue
14-page PDF adventure and supplement

Unspeakable terrors and rancorous gods hold sway over the turbulent waves of the sea. The Razor Coast swallows ships and souls by the thousand, and terrible secrets the oceans keep haunt the dreams of every salty mariner who plies their waves. This PDF kicks off with The Tale of the Seabear, a 1st-level adventure of survival horror aboard a mysterious ghost ship cursed by dark gods. The Tale of the Seabear is the perfect opener for any campaign of mystery, horror and adventure on the high seas, and a great way to ensorcel your PCs into the murky evil of Dark Vistas #1: Razor Coast. Besides The Tale of the Seabear, this PDF also includes other mysteries of the Razor Sea, a series of encounters, adventure hooks and nasty surprises for any seafaring campaign.

Product Availability

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

SINI0005E


See Also:

6 of 6 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

4.80/5 (based on 6 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

The "cover" is tricky... But this turn out for the best!

5/5

I bought this one looking for a mean iceberg-monster adventure, but -surprise-... It was not. But to my pleasure, the adventure is one the best ship-based, horror-adventure I have seen! And on top of that, this Indulgence include several easy adventure hooks that work great as sea encounters and a couple nice creatures (here comes the mean iceberg) as a bonus. I completelly recomend this Indulges 110% to all interested in running sea encounters and campaign, all for 2.50, quite a bargain!


6 of 6 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Contributor

Fog ahead captain...shall we press on?


It sounds like fun to run.

Just for clarity:

'OGL' means I could run it for players with the 3.5 PHB, AND for players with the Pathfinder Alpha Release and neither would wish they had the other book ?

And is the Razor Coast tied to Golarion at all ? Because I'm wondering about trying to adapt it into a Sword & Sorcery Scarred Lands campaign, and would like to slot it onto the South edge of their Blood Sea.

Thanks.

Contributor

RichardtheDM wrote:

It sounds like fun to run.

Just for clarity:

'OGL' means I could run it for players with the 3.5 PHB, AND for players with the Pathfinder Alpha Release and neither would wish they had the other book ?

And is the Razor Coast tied to Golarion at all ? Because I'm wondering about trying to adapt it into a Sword & Sorcery Scarred Lands campaign, and would like to slot it onto the South edge of their Blood Sea.

Thanks.

Hi Richard! Razor Coast is its own little mini-setting that you could easily slot in anywhere. OGL means compliant with the Open Game License for 3.5, so yes indeed you can use the 3.5 PHB, MM and DMG to run Razor Coast. Since Pathfinder is easily backwards compatible, you could indeed use it as well!

I think Razor Coast would fit nicely on the South edge of the Blood Sea.

Scarab Sages

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

I was actually thinking of putting the Razor Coast either in Golarion south of the Shackles or along the Raptor Coast on Chris West's Dungeon#150 Lands of Mystery Map!


Thanks for the quick and helpful reply. I've placed my order. Just off to download now.

P.S. Looking forward to the release of the Razor Coast sourcebook as a PDF sometime this month ?

Contributor

RichardtheDM wrote:

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply. I've placed my order. Just off to download now.

P.S. Looking forward to the release of the Razor Coast sourcebook as a PDF sometime this month ?

The Razor Coast mega-adventure will release as a PDF next month sometime. The schedule got pushed back slightly.

Contributor

Mactaka wrote:

I was actually thinking of putting the Razor Coast either in Golarion south of the Shackles or along the Raptor Coast on Chris West's Dungeon#150 Lands of Mystery Map!

Lands of Mystery = Awesome!

Also, Razor Coast would work perfectly south of the Shackles!


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Looks like this is the best place to contact Nicolas... I bought this Indulgences out of curiosity and I must say its been some of my best investments in RPG! Congratulations Mr. Nicolas on your Razor Coast!!! I can't wait to get the Dark Vista, I already wrote 2 times about the release date to the website and had no answer yet... But hey, the month's coming to its end, so how far can it be. Again, great work!

Contributor

Hugo Solis wrote:
Looks like this is the best place to contact Nicolas... I bought this Indulgences out of curiosity and I must say its been some of my best investments in RPG! Congratulations Mr. Nicolas on your Razor Coast!!! I can't wait to get the Dark Vista, I already wrote 2 times about the release date to the website and had no answer yet... But hey, the month's coming to its end, so how far can it be. Again, great work!

Thanks Hugo! The release date is pushed back sadly, thanks to some personal life crises (my parents both fell very ill and were hospitalized around the same time).

It will be a July release now! So sorry about this delay...but it does mean you'll get some more Indulgences!


Nicolas Logue wrote:

Thanks Hugo! The release date is pushed back sadly, thanks to some personal life crises (my parents both fell very ill and were hospitalized around the same time).

It will be a July release now! So sorry about this delay...but it does mean you'll get some more Indulgences!

Please give our best wishes to your parents, Nick. We hope they are on the mend now and that all will be well!

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dalesman
"Bringing Big D**n Justice to the Bad Guys Since 1369 DR"


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
The Dalesman wrote:
Nicolas Logue wrote:

Thanks Hugo! The release date is pushed back sadly, thanks to some personal life crises (my parents both fell very ill and were hospitalized around the same time).

It will be a July release now! So sorry about this delay...but it does mean you'll get some more Indulgences!

Please give our best wishes to your parents, Nick. We hope they are on the mend now and that all will be well!

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dalesman
"Bringing Big D**n Justice to the Bad Guys Since 1369 DR"

I second the Dalesman. Our best wishes to your parents and looking foward for those Indulgences

Contributor

Thanks so much guys! I'll do me best to get you more Sinister goodness soon! :-)

Contributor

Mactaka wrote:

I was actually thinking of putting the Razor Coast either in Golarion south of the Shackles or along the Raptor Coast on Chris West's Dungeon#150 Lands of Mystery Map!

Maps of Mystery for the win! The map of the Razor Coast is pretty wild. I'll slap it up on my blog sometime soon.


I purchased this product yesterday and am looking forward to running my group through this adventure. I am actually beginning a new sea based campaign with Pathfinder characters so it should be fun. In reading the adventure, along with the previously purchased Art of the Duel, it is well written and should be a fun way to kick off the new campaign.

I do have some concerns about the long term stability of the Sinister Adventurer's company as it seems the product lines have been delayed for various reasons, including the Razor Coast adventure that was set to come out in October. There also seems to be issues in the website support as I actually tried register with the website and purchase the Razor Coast Module this morning, but there are error messages and it never sent the activation email. Hopefully, the company can regroup but time will tell.

Dark Archive

baldwin the merciful wrote:
I do have some concerns about the long term stability of the Sinister Adventurer's company as it seems the product lines have been delayed for various reasons, including the Razor Coast adventure that was set to come out in October. There also seems to be issues in the website support as I actually tried register with the website and purchase the Razor Coast Module this morning, but there are error messages and it never sent the activation email. Hopefully, the company can regroup but time will tell.

There is this Logue guy who runs the company. Rumors are that he is now kind of jester for a british university. Anyways, he is very busy installing his jestering ways and had no time for the really important stuff. But now it seems he finally got his cap and has his repertoire set up and can get back to work.

For more information on the whole Logue Situation I suggest that you look at this thread on the Sinister Homepage.


RichardtheDM wrote:

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply. I've placed my order. Just off to download now.

P.S. Looking forward to the release of the Razor Coast sourcebook as a PDF sometime this month ?

Is there going to be a print version(or pdf) in the form of a source book?(I don't mean the 14 page pdf presented here)

I think I saw somewhere a beautiful cover by Wayne Reynolds for such a supplement.
I NEED something like that...RIGHT AWAY.. ;-p

Dark Archive

Yes their is a book coming out, Razor Coast. When is the only question. Some of us including me preordered it over a year ago.

Last Nick said was that it was in final edit I think. maybe layout. I honestly forget, but it was getting near done. If he pushes it and he should he might have it in time for Gencon which would be a good thing. Assuming he can make Gencon this year that is.

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

The Razor Coast. Mind you, it's still in editing and has been for quite a while now. Logue's working hard to get it done, though.

EDIT: And the Dark Mistress is faster...

The Exchange

Pathfinder Maps, Pawns Subscriber

Well Fog Me!


Another query: Are any of the encounters presented here for higher levels?

Dark Archive

You mean in this product or just the Razor Coast in general and all the products for it?


Dark_Mistress wrote:
You mean in this product or just the Razor Coast in general and all the products for it?

Specifically in this one, "mysteries of the razor coast". The main story is for 1st level but what about the remainder of the encounters?

Dark Archive

It is just a 1st level mini adventure. So i would say all the encounters are 1-2 range. I would have to check my copy to be sure. But I do know it is a mini adventure for 1st level characters.


I WANT! Hmmmm... any news on the other Sinister products? Have any of the big ones been published yet like that future sci-fi setting?

Sovereign Court Contributor

Devil of Roses wrote:
I WANT! Hmmmm... any news on the other Sinister products? Have any of the big ones been published yet like that future sci-fi setting?

Nope, not yet.


Dark_Mistress wrote:
It is just a 1st level mini adventure. So i would say all the encounters are 1-2 range. I would have to check my copy to be sure. But I do know it is a mini adventure for 1st level characters.

Thanks :)

Liberty's Edge

@stroVal wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
You mean in this product or just the Razor Coast in general and all the products for it?
Specifically in this one, "mysteries of the razor coast". The main story is for 1st level but what about the remainder of the encounters?

The dozen extra encounters (on top of the main adventure) range from EL2 to EL12.

The main adventure is for 1st level characters, but beware, this adventure will be VERY challenging for the average first level party. It could probably be used for a 2nd level party (maybe even 3rd) with little or no modification, just be a bit less horrific.

Sovereign Court

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Pawns, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Louis Agresta wrote:
Devil of Roses wrote:
I WANT! Hmmmm... any news on the other Sinister products? Have any of the big ones been published yet like that future sci-fi setting?
Nope, not yet.

this has gotta be killin' ya...


Arrrrrgh!!!! Please get more Sinister!


Mothman wrote:
@stroVal wrote:
Dark_Mistress wrote:
You mean in this product or just the Razor Coast in general and all the products for it?
Specifically in this one, "mysteries of the razor coast". The main story is for 1st level but what about the remainder of the encounters?

The dozen extra encounters (on top of the main adventure) range from EL2 to EL12.

The main adventure is for 1st level characters, but beware, this adventure will be VERY challenging for the average first level party. It could probably be used for a 2nd level party (maybe even 3rd) with little or no modification, just be a bit less horrific.

Cool,I'll take it for a spin.Can't wait for a whole supplement book of these

Scarab Sages

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
Devil of Roses wrote:
I WANT! Hmmmm... any news on the other Sinister products? Have any of the big ones been published yet like that future sci-fi setting?

I know! I've been waiting for Cold Black and The Known Universe Gazetteer! The scifi setting that those minds could come up with...the possibilities are staggering!

Contributor

Devil of Roses wrote:
Arrrrrgh!!!! Please get more Sinister!

More's a'coming! Awww yeah!

For now, tide yourself over with some previews here if ya like:

Sinister's Sneak Peeks Blog

Contributor

Boerngrim wrote:
Devil of Roses wrote:
I WANT! Hmmmm... any news on the other Sinister products? Have any of the big ones been published yet like that future sci-fi setting?
I know! I've been waiting for Cold Black and The Known Universe Gazetteer! The scifi setting that those minds could come up with...the possibilities are staggering!

Check the new dates up for these on the Dark Horizons page. These are hard release dates. There are no more delays.

Also, there will be a few Dark Horizons indulgences coming up in October.


YAR !!

Sneek peaks GALORE !

The Exchange

Nicolas Louge wrote:

YAR !!

Sneek peaks GALORE !

Is there another round of indulgences before the release of RC?


Nicolas Louge wrote:

YAR !!

Sneek peaks GALORE !

You stole my name and avatar, ya scallywag!

Sovereign Court Contributor

Devil of Roses wrote:
I WANT! Hmmmm... any news on the other Sinister products? Have any of the big ones been published yet like that future sci-fi setting?

PS I have now heard more! Yay!


Nicolas Louge wrote:
You stole my name and avatar, ya scallywag!

YAR !!

Ye be clearly been out to sea for too long dog !

Been sailing with this mast far longer than ye !!

Ask your grog smelling wench ! HAR HAR !!

Contributor

prashant panavalli wrote:
Nicolas Louge wrote:

YAR !!

Sneek peaks GALORE !

Is there another round of indulgences before the release of RC?

Another round is timed to release just before/as the book does. It's a sexy round up too. Tim Hitchcock adventureage, a Horrors of the Razor Coast monster pdf (this one might be too big though and have to be its own print book - we'll see), and more!

Nick


Nicolas Logue wrote:
Horrors of the Razor Coast monster pdf (this one might be too big though and have to be its own print book - we'll see)

That sounds like sheer toothy awesome! Especially as a print book! Got to love monster books!

The Exchange

question: I am just about to run a Savage Tide adventure path, and am considering to use this adventure as a mini "sidetrack" that will occur before the events that are described in "There Is No Honor". would I be easily able weave it into the area of the Cursed Shores?
any suggestion and comment would be useful.
-thanks!

The Exchange

Nicolas Logue wrote:
prashant panavalli wrote:
Nicolas Louge wrote:

YAR !!

Sneek peaks GALORE !

Is there another round of indulgences before the release of RC?

Another round is timed to release just before/as the book does. It's a sexy round up too. Tim Hitchcock adventureage, a Horrors of the Razor Coast monster pdf (this one might be too big though and have to be its own print book - we'll see), and more!

Nick

Curse you man. If my wife divorces me for wasting $$$$ on RPG stuff, you are to blame.

Contributor

Lord Snow wrote:

question: I am just about to run a Savage Tide adventure path, and am considering to use this adventure as a mini "sidetrack" that will occur before the events that are described in "There Is No Honor". would I be easily able weave it into the area of the Cursed Shores?

any suggestion and comment would be useful.
-thanks!

Definitely. It's very very suitable as a drop in and its a fun quick night of play - though it is survival horrory, so you may need to work to keep the PCs alive and kicking (though the same is probably true for ANY AP).

Here's what you do - switch up all the Tulita (natives of the Razor Coast) goodness for Olman flavor - its not that hard. Or just make the Tulita a far flung tribe of Olman, and you don't need to change the flavor at all.

Nick

The Exchange

Nicolas Logue wrote:
Lord Snow wrote:

question: I am just about to run a Savage Tide adventure path, and am considering to use this adventure as a mini "sidetrack" that will occur before the events that are described in "There Is No Honor". would I be easily able weave it into the area of the Cursed Shores?

any suggestion and comment would be useful.
-thanks!

Definitely. It's very very suitable as a drop in and its a fun quick night of play - though it is survival horrory, so you may need to work to keep the PCs alive and kicking (though the same is probably true for ANY AP).

Here's what you do - switch up all the Tulita (natives of the Razor Coast) goodness for Olman flavor - its not that hard. Or just make the Tulita a far flung tribe of Olman, and you don't need to change the flavor at all.

Nick

If i remember, Nick wrote the section on the Isle of Dread.

Sovereign Court

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure, Companion, Lost Omens, Pawns, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Nicolas Logue wrote:

Another round is timed to release just before/as the book does. It's a sexy round up too. Tim Hitchcock adventureage, a Horrors of the Razor Coast monster pdf (this one might be too big though and have to be its own print book - we'll see), and more!

Nick

nooo...if the moster book is too big, break it up into several Waves - a monthly monster wave would be something sinister to look forward to!

Contributor

prashant panavalli wrote:
Nicolas Logue wrote:
Lord Snow wrote:

question: I am just about to run a Savage Tide adventure path, and am considering to use this adventure as a mini "sidetrack" that will occur before the events that are described in "There Is No Honor". would I be easily able weave it into the area of the Cursed Shores?

any suggestion and comment would be useful.
-thanks!

Definitely. It's very very suitable as a drop in and its a fun quick night of play - though it is survival horrory, so you may need to work to keep the PCs alive and kicking (though the same is probably true for ANY AP).

Here's what you do - switch up all the Tulita (natives of the Razor Coast) goodness for Olman flavor - its not that hard. Or just make the Tulita a far flung tribe of Olman, and you don't need to change the flavor at all.

Nick

If i remember, Nick wrote the section on the Isle of Dread.

Yep! Wrote a whole article on the Olman for Dragon to go along with Savage Tide - I love me some natives! I married one! :-)

Contributor

DitheringFool wrote:
Nicolas Logue wrote:

Another round is timed to release just before/as the book does. It's a sexy round up too. Tim Hitchcock adventureage, a Horrors of the Razor Coast monster pdf (this one might be too big though and have to be its own print book - we'll see), and more!

Nick

nooo...if the moster book is too big, break it up into several Waves - a monthly monster wave would be something sinister to look forward to!

Hmmmm...not a bad idea at all Dithering! I like where your heads at!

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Indulgence: Mysteries of the Razor Sea (OGL) PDF All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.