Savage Worlds: Customizable GM Screen

****( ) (based on 2 ratings)

List Price: $29.99

Our Price: $26.99

Backorder

Add to Cart
Facebook Twitter Email

This awesome trifold, black vinyl LANDSCAPE Game Masters screen lets you--the GM--actually see over your screen for a change! Best of all, it contains 6 pockets--three for you and three for your players--so you can insert and change the screens for any game you play!

Product Availability

Backorder

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PIN10002


See Also:

Average product rating:

****( ) (based on 2 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

UGGGHHHHH...., We're GOing Back TO Trifolds?

***( )( )

I, personally, enjoy the wider range of four-panels for my GM screen. Unless the panels cover as much space as a four-paneled screen, I usually intend to use a four-paneled screen. There is at least one other customizable GM screen I can think of that has four panels, and that provides a greater range of customization, which I enjoy.

However, with my rant on three-paneled screens out of the way, I enjoy the customization available to apply to my GM screen, without having to mark on it and instead being able to just switch out sheets of information that is not useful for the evening's session for ones that are.

As a final nitpick, finding information designed to be put on a customizable GM screen is difficult, and the lack of space to put notes and such down compared to a four-paneled screen, is difficult, to say the least.

Anyways, it's a fair product, but the lack of space provided is a big issue for me.

idea: 4/5, love the idea, but...

execution: 2/5, I think it could've been better if it had four panels

overall: 3/5, good, not great, but not bad either.

Hope this helps you if you are unsure about buying this product!


Only as good as you make it.

*****

Good study vinyl screen. The only negative is a small crack in the vinyl that happened in the first few days of use. On the good side it has not gotten any larger and I have been using it for about 6 months.

It fits letter sized paper in each of the 6 pockets. Laminate your sheets before you use them. It makes it easier to put the sheets in and take out. Also, the ink will not stick to the inside of the pocket if you leave it in for a while or it heats up.


Dark Archive

I see this item is on backorder - any idea when it will be back in stock?

A landscape customizable DM screen is exactly what I need ...

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Archade wrote:

I see this item is on backorder - any idea when it will be back in stock?

A landscape customizable DM screen is exactly what I need ...

Our distributor is expecting to get more, but can't say when they might arrive.

The Exchange

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Since I haven't been able to find any to download, I'm working on a set of 3.5 quick reference charts formatted for this screen.

Dark Archive

Vic Wertz wrote:
Our distributor is expecting to get more, but can't say when they might arrive.

Should I wait for them to get in stock, or should I order now to beat the rush?

Thanks!

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Archade wrote:
Vic Wertz wrote:
Our distributor is expecting to get more, but can't say when they might arrive.

Should I wait for them to get in stock, or should I order now to beat the rush?

Thanks!

We don't charge you until it ships, so you can do whatever works best for you! I'd just suggest that if you order other items at the same time, don't hold them to ship together.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Vic,

Do You know if it is possible to write on the pockets of this DM screen with Sharpies, wet or dry erase (and still get it clean again) like with the Flip Mats?

If so then I'll be placing an order. If not, do You know of one that does use such a surface? If not, any chance of Game Mastery/Paizo making one? :)

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Laithoron wrote:

Vic,

Do You know if it is possible to write on the pockets of this DM screen with Sharpies, wet or dry erase (and still get it clean again) like with the Flip Mats?

If so then I'll be placing an order. If not, do You know of one that does use such a surface? If not, any chance of Game Mastery/Paizo making one? :)

I don't know... I'll see if Jacob can find out, but I suspect that info will be hard to turn up.

Dark Archive Contributor

Laithoron wrote:

Vic,

Do You know if it is possible to write on the pockets of this DM screen with Sharpies, wet or dry erase (and still get it clean again) like with the Flip Mats?

If so then I'll be placing an order. If not, do You know of one that does use such a surface? If not, any chance of Game Mastery/Paizo making one? :)

Good question!

Alright this took some doing but I called Studio 2 and asked.

They weren't too sure themselves. They seem to think that if the marker is water based that it should be alright. The vinyl it is made off is the same vinyl that you would find in say, a 3 ring binder. Ya know those sheets you can slip a piece of paper into? That stuff.

So, thats the word from the horses mouth, albeit slightly second hand.

I don't know of one that does use such a surface as you are looking for.

As far as us making one, well, I think we are pretty focused on other things right now.

Hope all of this helps out!

Cheers!


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Thanks for all the effort looking into this. I really appreciate the lengths You guys go to time and again for the customers. :)

The Exchange

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Laithoron wrote:
Thanks for all the effort looking into this. I really appreciate the lengths You guys go to time and again for the customers. :)

You can and it will wipe off, but unless you're using a light-colored paint marker you won't see it easily against the black background.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
delabarre wrote:
You can and it will wipe off, but unless you're using a light-colored paint marker you won't see it easily against the black background.

Well I was thinking I'd put a blank sheet of parchment-style stationary in the player-side pockets so that the markers would show up clearly. Speaking of which, what type of markers did You test successfully?

The Exchange

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Laithoron wrote:
Well I was thinking I'd put a blank sheet of parchment-style stationary in the player-side pockets so that the markers would show up clearly. Speaking of which, what type of markers did You test successfully?

I just tested with a Crayola washable children's marker (what I use on my vinyl battlemat), a Staedtler Lumicolor water soluble transparency marker, and a "permanent" PaperMate felt tip...they all wiped off with a dry tissue.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Great! Thanks for the info. :)

The Exchange

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

V1.0 of my Pathfinder RPG Beta inserts for this screen are available from me for free. Email me at de_labarre at yahoo dot com if you would like the PDF.

The Exchange

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Pathfinder Portal has agreed to host downloads of my screen inserts PDF.

>> GET EET HERE <<


delabarre I will use a copy of your inserts when I get my screen. In the mean time I converted them to a vertical orientation for use with a couple of regular notebooks.

Just my 2 cp.


Any idea when this will be off of backorder? I have had one on order since Feb 17, 2009. Do I need to cancel it altogether?


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
silverhair2008 wrote:
Any idea when this will be off of backorder? I have had one on order since Feb 17, 2009. Do I need to cancel it altogether?

Since this is officially the BEST DM SCREEN EVER MADE, I thought I would check with the Publisher, Studio 2. Here is what they e-mailed me:

It is out of print currently and we do plan on reprinting it in the near future. Our previous supplier has gone out of business and we are locating a new supplier.

I guess this news is both good and bad. I was really hoping that Paizo would be supporting this screen. The drop in inserts are so useful, and it would allow them to customize the screen for each Adventure Path. On the plus side, as long as the DM Screen is also a PDF, this will be easy for me to utilize it and customize accordingly.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I stopped by my FLGS today and noticed that they had one of these in stock. Although I already have one, because of their rarity, I bought it. The odd thing about this though is that it has inserts for "The Edge of Midnight".

I did a Google search and found that Paizo apparently has these in stock: GM Screen

The picture on Paizo's page might lead one to believe that it is a vertical/portrait screen, however it is actually a horizontal/landscape one.

(On a side note, for those that like vertical screens, I noticed that my FLGS also stocks a 4-fold one: 4-Fold screen

It's not a bad screen, but I don't like sitting behind a wall, so I still think the "World's Best GM Screen" is the one sold by Studio2 Publishing as either the Savage Worlds Screen or the Edge of Midnight Screen.

Paizo Employee Chief Operations Officer

Sorry guys but I have no idea when this will be back in stock and neither does our distributor.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Jeff Alvarez wrote:
Sorry guys but I have no idea when this will be back in stock and neither does our distributor.

Jeff, my link in my post above yours, links to a "Edge of Midnight" screen, which is the exact same landscape customizable screen published by Studio 2. The order page doesn't show it as being "out of stock". Do you have any of the Edge of Midnight Screens in stock?


Is the Edge of Midnight Screen a LANDSCAPE-format screen? It doesn't look like it is.

I would order it right now if it were, though.

Does anybody know?


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Archmaster wrote:

Is the Edge of Midnight Screen a LANDSCAPE-format screen? It doesn't look like it is.

I would order it right now if it were, though.

Does anybody know?

Yes it is. I bought one in September. It is the exact same screen as the Savage Worlds one (which I also own).


Kor - Orc Scrollkeeper wrote:
Archmaster wrote:

Is the Edge of Midnight Screen a LANDSCAPE-format screen? It doesn't look like it is.

I would order it right now if it were, though.

Does anybody know?

Yes it is. I bought one in September. It is the exact same screen as the Savage Worlds one (which I also own).

Thank you for the tip, Kor. I just ordered one!

FINALLY a landscape customizable screen!


Anyone know the dimensions?

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Is this currently in stock?


Justin Sluder wrote:
Is this currently in stock?

I was able to add it to my cart at the sale price. Are you seeing an 'out of stock' announcement?

Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Savage Worlds: Customizable GM Screen All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.