Terek

northbrb's page

Organized Play Member. 1,998 posts. No reviews. No lists. No wishlists. 2 Organized Play characters.


Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I am writing up a backup character for my Rise of the Rune lords game, my current character is still alive I just want to be prepared and I only ever play melee warriors.

I rescued a baby Goblin in the game and decided that my character would raise him to be a good guy and basically be my backup character. So I wanted to make sure that the biggest damage dice I could get for him would be 1d10

I know that small characters are not the optimal option for melee characters but I don;t play that way. I play characters that I would enjoy and make for a good story.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Umbriere Moonwhisper wrote:
extinct_fizz wrote:
Umbriere Moonwhisper wrote:
i just want a loligoth iconic or 3 for the Weeaboo in me. something animesque and cute, that isn't a gnome or halfling and is not half-naked. my problem with most of the current female iconics, is their costumes are either very skimpy and revealing, or very skintight and formfitting,

Yes, you want a loligoth. That is very, very apparent.

However... The representation of female iconics seems to be pretty well done. You have women in armor (that is very specifically not boobplate) in the Paladin and Cleric. The Barbarian and Inquisitor are both wearing appropriate attire that is not sexualized. You have petite women without any boobs or butt in the Rogue (she wears "skin tight" leather.... But you can't see anything of her figure because she is covered in knives. That doesn't count as cheesecake and you know it) and the Druid. You have women who don't wear much clothing, true, in the Witch, Oracle, and Sorcerer, but there's nothing wrong with that. Their poses are also specifically done in a manner to where they are strong and confident in their abilities, not the seductive boobs-and-ass poses that so many other companies go out of their way for.

I mean, keep asking for your kawaii anime iconic, but please don't misrepresent the facts.

the iconic artwork for PF is pretty animesque already, it's just they don't have an iconic whose appearance suits my tastes. loligoth is a fashion style, and the character wearing it doesn't neccessarily have to be a child. but i would be upset if they made said iconic either a halfling or gnome. everytime we have a seemingly youthful iconic, they are always either a halfling or gnome. how about a youthful iconic whom isn't hiding behind their race as an excuse?

i mean loligoth is one step closer in the fantasy anime direction with the way the artwork looks.

halflings and gnomes seem to have the monopoly on otherwise cute iconics. can we have a similarly cute iconic that isn't a...

This is sort of the way I feel about Small warriors, All warriors are always Dwarves or Humans or Orcs. I want to see some Halfings and Gnomes as Warriors

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I play small warriors all the time, They dont feel like gimmicks to me. Halflings have warriors too.

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I really want to see a small race used for one of the Combat classes, There are combat oriented Halflings and Gnomes. Just because their abilities are not the best for the classes does not mean they do not exist. A slayer or Brawler Gnome or Halfling would be really cool. Chang it up a little bit and dont make their iconics the best race for the class.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I love these classes as well and truly am happy that they decided to make them. I think the playtest will allow for some tweaking that needs to be done to some of the classes but I must say something. I really really hate the argument "You can already do that with archetypes and multiclassing" Actually I couldnt because if I multiclassed I would have to jump back and forth and try and balance it out myself Possibly having to deal with different saves, hit dice, base attack bonus and also deal with lower DC's as well as no chance at getting a capstone ability. I must also say I dislike that a common argument has been "I can do more DPR with what already exists" honestly it is not all about DPR. I will end with saying again. I love these classes, I love that they made a book that shows how this can be done and that they understand that multi-classing is not for everyone.

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I feel that the point of the hybrid classes is to show a better option than multi-classing which in my opinion is a bad option. I never liked multi-classing because I felt it really broke the concepts for me and made it difficult to truly realize a concept and the hybrid concept fixes that for me.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.
thenobledrake wrote:
northbrb wrote:
I must agree with the dislike of the "eastern" weapon list. I would have like to have seen the cestus, brass knuckles, things like that that would fit a Brawler/Street-fighter style character.
I am confused - brawlers are proficient with both cestus and brass knuckles since those are simple weapons.

You are correct, I apologize for my confusing comment. They do gain proficiency with those weapons. But I still dislike the "eastern" weapons, they just don't sit well for the class at least for me.

Sczarni

4 people marked this as a favorite.

I must agree with the dislike of the "eastern" weapon list. I would have like to have seen the cestus, brass knuckles, things like that that would fit a Brawler/Street-fighter style character.

Sczarni

6 people marked this as a favorite.

I always point out to people that Pathfinder is written for kids as young as 12 to be able to play, and I usually say that when in doubt ask a 12 year old gamer how to interpret the rules. the rules are meant to be simple. not complicated or convoluted.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I have always felt that character development is important, I like the idea of characters having back story and likes and dislikes, this all helps develop a character as they interact with the other players characters.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.

The only thing I would change with Vital Strike is allow it to work anytime you can make an attack, such as a on a Charge attack or AOO. I hate that it is a Full-Round action

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Fluff far too often overreaches crunch

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I find Dual Shielding to be really cool. I love the idea of Dual Shielding. I can just see this really well trained Dwarf warrior wielding 2 heavy spiked steal shields guarding deep tunnels inside a dwarven city.

Dual Shielding just feels like it would be the Elite fighting style of the best trained Dwarves.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah, I would be upset. Verisimilitude should win over rules as long as it makes the game more fun.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I have said this before in other threads. This game is designed for ordinary people from as young as 13 or even younger to pick up and play, you don't need a law degree to play this game. If it takes this much discussion to figure out a rule you are probably over looking the basic concept of the rule. just ask someone who has never played the game or any game before to look at it and ask what they think the rule is saying. More than likely they are right. Rules Lawyers tend to over analyze a rule to death, to the point that they have completely missed the point of the rule. Go with your gut, that is my advise to the OP everything else is other players interpretation.

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I also came up the Bag of Dead Kittens, it functions as a normal Bag of Holding but had a 25% chance that when you retrieved an item instead you pulled out a dead kitten. You wouldn't know what that you were pulling out a dead kitten until it was out of the bag.

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.

So I thought I would ask what are some of the fun or funny magic items people have come up with for their games.

One I came up with were the Gloves of Invisibility, They render the wearer invisible when the wearer places his hands over his eyes, one drawback, the wearer can not see while they are invisible.

What items have you came up with?

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Malachi Silverclaw wrote:
northbrb wrote:
I disagree seeing as I am on the side that believes that Raw makes it require an exotic weapon proficiency to wield a size large bastard sword or Dwarven war ax in 2 hands. and without that feat you can not wield them at all. The weapon is martial in 2 hands which means it is impossible to wield if it is size large. if you want to wield a large one you need exotic weapon proficiency to make it one handed per RAW.

What RAW are you talking about?

It can't be the special rules in the description of the weapon, as they say 'A Medium character can use a dwarven waraxe two-handed as a martial weapon'!

It can't be the rules about wielding inappropriately-sized weapons, as a waraxe is a one-handed weapon, and a medium creature wielding a large one-handed weapon treats it as a two-handed weapon. The proficiency a wielder may or may not have does not change this at all!

It can't be Exotic Weapon Proficiency, as that eliminates the non-proficiency penalty for using the waraxe one-handed, and we are wielding it in two!

The fallacy is the belief that the lack of EWP somehow turns the axe into a two-handed weapon! It does not!

The rules for using oversized weapons are comprehensive. They are the change in handedness per size difference and the -2 attack penalty per size difference. No part of these rules let's you ignore specific rules for individual weapon types!

When the rules say that the axe is a one-handed weapon, and the lack of EWP does not change it to being a two-handed weapon, then a large axe counts as a two-handed weapon, not a three-handed unusable weapon. That's RAW. quote the RAW that says different.

The rules for the axe do not say that 'if you only have Martial Weapon Proficiency then a waraxe sized for you counts as a two-handed weapon', even though that's what some believe. I'm sure we both have access to the same CRB with the same wording in the descriptions of the dwarven waraxe and the bastard...

Just because we disagree does not mean you need to imply I did not read the rules. if it was as clear as you believe it is then it would never have been brought up in the first place. you interpret the rules one way and I interpret them another way. We disagree on the interpretation of what the RAW means. Until one of the designers comes on and clarifies the rules it will be up to interpretation. If it truly was so clear cut as you put it it would not be on the forums. Try not to insult people because you disagree with them. It's Rude.

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I am on the side that you need the EWP feat to use a large dwarven war-ax or bastard sword in 2 hands.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I was curious, how the community deals with rolling your confirmed critical hit. Do you roll your base damage as normal then multiply the damage or do you multiply the base number of dice. (ex) if you are using a lonsword and confirm a crit, do you roll 2d8 then add your static bonus to it or do you roll 1d8 then multiply what you roll then add your static bonus to it.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think creative uses of a spell should be rewarded and encouraged not nurffed. your player thought of something cool and interesting to do with the spell. don't nerf him because he is creative.

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.

some characters can gain XP individually which can put them ahead of other characters. Not everything done in game will be done as a group plus in games i run i give extra XP based on participation, if you barely participate then you get the bear minimum XP but if your character is very active both in action and in RP you can gain more XP.

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.
booger=boy wrote:

my list is simple:

some max on HP and AC. I haven't thought this through too much so I'm not sure where other changes would have to be made. Maybe hp progression would change and attack bonuses would have to be leveled off.

that's my "2",
booger=boy

Why would you want a max on HP or AC out of curiosity, i personally would hate having a max on HP.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Im sorry but from my perspective this seems like a nonsense argument. to me it just seems like people not wanting this to be used because of how powerful it is so they are reading way too much into the wording just to keep it from happening. this game was not written for lawyars it was written for everyday people. the rules are simple and clear. everything that doesnt stack says it doesnt stack and everything else stacks. they go out of their way to point out what cant be used together in the game. as long as pounce does not say it cant be used while mounted or cant be used with a weapon (like a lance) then it can be used in combonation. if you dont want it to work than house rule it.

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.

i love this feat, i love the idea of this feat, this is the feat you use when you think your going to die next round anyway, this is the feat you use on the last standing badguy or the BBEG.

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.

as funny as it is to say i would say thing i dont like is the fact that its not flat.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think the disparity begins with this one thought "I use magic so i can do this VS you dont use magic so you cant do that" it is the idea that you need magic to do anything big, any cool awesome BIG earth changing things that causes the disparity. Any time some non-caster tries to do something awesom, extream, superhuman, all the caster lovers start yelling "BROKEN, OVERPOWERED" but of course if you achieve the same thing with the backing of magic no one cries foul.

Sczarni

Can I get a simple explanation of what a Titan Mauler can do from the Developers?

I have seen different inturpretations of how the Titan Maulers Jotungrip works, does the Titan Mauler gain the ability to use weapons bigger than anyone else can?

I just would like a explanation rather than an inturpretation of the archetype.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I want to see as much material as possable for dealing with, fighting and killing spellcasters.

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.

What exactly are the effects of using spells in the Mana Waste, it seems like its described that spells don't work but i just don't get the actual effects of the Mana Waste on spell casting.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.
TarkXT wrote:
northbrb wrote:


"But why a spoon cousin?"

"Because it's blunt! It hurts more!"

Yeah, don't know full quote so sue me.

you got it mostly, "because it's blunt you twit, it'll hurt more" lol

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.

i just really like the idea of using a weapon that is bigger than i can usually use

Sczarni

2 people marked this as a favorite.

i have always enjoyed playing DnD and i love pathfinder but i have to admit one thing i cant stand is when anyone refers to something in the game as "broken". Sure many DM's chose to remove something from their game if they feel it doesn't work right but in my honest opinion how can you truly enjoy a game if you don't trust the game to work?

My group follows one major rule, If it is in one of the core books (meaning any book released by Paizo) then it is always allowed without question.

How can you comfortably play in a group if you cant assume what you look at in the books is an option for you to use?

How can you truly enjoy a character if it wasn't your first choice but that option isn't allowed in some ones games?

i just feel that the term "Broken" just ruins any real fun i might have in a group, something might seem powerful or wonky to you but others might feel it works just fine.

Sczarni

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Brawler

BAB: full
High Save: Fortitude
Low Saves: Reflex/ Will

Skills: 4+int) Acrobatics, Appraise, Bluff, Craft, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge (local), Perception, Perfusion, Sense motive, Slight of hand, Stealth, Survival

Alignment: Any

Proficiency: All Simple Weapons and Brass Knuckles, Light Armor, Medium Armor, no shields
(Brass Knuckles: Exotic Weapon, bludgeoning, light one handed, 1d4 damage x2 crit, 1lb, 1gp, Special- stacks with unarmed damage)

Hit Dice 1d10

Level Special
1. Knockout Punch (1), Catch of Guard, Improved Unarmed Strike (1d4)
2. Brute Strength
3. Mob Defense +1
4. Brute Strength
5. Blood Drunk (1)
6. Knockout punch (2), Brute Strength, Mob Defense +2
7. Damage Reduction 1/-
8. Brute Strength, Unarmed attack (2d4)
9. Mob Defense +3
10. Brute Strength, Damage Reduction 2/-
11. Blood Drunk (2)
12. Knockout Punch (3), Brute Strength, Mob Defense +4
13. Damage Reduction 3/-
14. Brute Strength
15. Mob Defense +5, unarmed attack (3d4)
16. Brute Strength, Damage Reduction 4/-
17. Blood Drunk (3)
18. Knockout Punch (4), Brute Strength, Mob Defense +6
19. Damage Reduction 5/-
20. Deadly Punch, Brute Strength

Knockout Punch: this ability functions as stunning fist but takes a full round action to perform, at 6th level the Brawler can perform a free bull rush attempt without needing to move as part of there Knockout Punch, At 12th level on a successful Knockout Punch the target is knocked unconscious for 1d4 rounds, At 18th level on a successful Knockout Punch the Brawler deals double damage.

Catch of Guard: the Brawler gains this as a free feat

Mob Defense: the brawler gains a moral bonus to ac when ever he is adjacent to more than one foe.

Blood Drunk: the Brawler gains a bonus to attack and damage based on the amount of damage he has taken, this bonus increases as they level. Blood Drunk (1) 25% loss of HP +1, 50% loss of HP +2, 75% loss of HP +3 100% loss of HP +4, Blood Drunk (2) 25% loss Of HP +2, 50% loss of HP +4, 75% loss of HP +6, 100% loss of HP +8, Blood Drunk (3) 25% loss of HP +4, 50% loss of HP +8, 75% loss of Hp +12, 100% loss of HP +16

Damage Reduction: same as Barbarian
Deadly Punch: If a Knockout punch is successful the foe must make a new fortitude save or die, DC= 10+ ½ Brawlers level+ Brawlers wisdom modifier.

Brute Strength:

(Bonus Feats) Agile Maneuvers, Deflect Arrows, Diehard, Endurance, Fleet, Improved Disarm, Improved Grapple, Improvised Weapon Mastery, Snatch Arrows, Throw Anything, Toughness, (Improved Disarm- the Brawler does not need to meet the prerequisites to take this)

Heavy Throw:
This ability adds +10 to the range of all thrown weapons (including improvised weapons)
This ability may be taken up to 3 times.

Hammer Fist:
Using both hands the Brawler may add 1.5 times his strength modifier to his unarmed attack.

Iron Stomach:
Gain Immunity to all ingested poisons and toxins.

Powerful Build:
Gain a +1 to CMB and CMD, this ability may be taken up to 3 times.

Reckless Attack:
As a standard action take a -1 to AC and gain a +2 to attack, this bonus improves an additional -1/+2 every 4 levels, this ability does not stack with the Power Attack Feat.

Street Wise:
Gain a +2 to Diplomacy and Knowledge (local)

Superior Unarmed Attack:
Count as 4 levels higher to determine unarmed damage.

Tenacity:
Gain a +3 to HP, this ability may be taken as many times as you wish.

Feign Proficiency:
The Brawler reduces non-proficiency penalties to -2, the Brawler must be 4th level to take this ability.

Improved Damage Reduction:
Increase the Brawlers Damage Reduction by 1/-, this ability may be taken up to 3 times. The Brawler must be 8th level to take this feat.

Ferocity:
You remain conscious and can continue fighting even if your HP is below 0; you are still staggered and lose 1 Hp each round. You still die when you reach a negative HP equal to your Constitution. This ability requires the Brawler to have Diehard.

Greater Ferocity:
The Brawler doubles his Constitution to determine when he dies by negative HP. This ability requires Ferocity.