Khurbok

Norman Osborne's page

345 posts. No reviews. No lists. No wishlists.


1 to 50 of 123 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

6 people marked this as a favorite.
CBDunkerson wrote:
Instead of the first female president we now have the first president to boast of being a sex offender. Well done 'morality voters'.

Selective amnesia?


9 people marked this as a favorite.
Pan wrote:
Kind of hard to accomplish when you have contempt for a segment of the population.

That's very true. And I think it's part of the reason that the map ended up being so red. Liberal contempt for anyone who doesn't agree with them completely is a real thing, and it was a large factor.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Aranna wrote:

I saw this coming. American is a nation that would never vote for a woman. Hillary would have had to have been a man to win.

That's BS. The Democrats chose to nominate one of the few candidates that could have lost to Trump, and they had to cheat to ensure she got that nomination. And then they bought into the hype generated by the media that have been in their back pocket, and thought she was invincible. And yet they still decided to cheat, blatantly enough that even that same media had to admit to to leaking debate questions to her.

Donald Trump didn't beat Hilary. Democrats defeated her, largely by turning the media into their own personal propaganda machine. They just forgot to stay anchored enough in reality.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:
You may feel vindicated that your vision of America is winning.

Its not my vision of America. I think Trump is a pretty crappy candidate. I think Clinton is a slightly crappier candidate. I'd have much rather it have been some of the other candidates from both parties here in the general election.

My honest thought on how Trump achieve this victory is a combination of several factors:

1. The Democrats/liberals marginalizing the rural vote for the past couple of decades. This was ALWAYS going to eventually backfire on them in a major way. I'm actually surprised it took this long.

2. The liberal condescension towards anyone who isn't 100% in lockstep with their groupthink. You can see that in at least half of the posts in this very thread.

3. Hilary's unlikability combined with her emails; the revelation that Cllnton News Network leaked debate questions to her; and the fact that a desperate Democratic party had a sitting president make statements that were nebulous enough to be interpreted as encouraging illegals to vote. I know that people on this very left-leaning forum tend to try pretend that these things are minor (if they acknowledge them at all), but to some people, they begin to paint a rather ugly picture of Clinton and her support system.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DungeonmasterCal wrote:
Not voting is not rebellion. It's surrender.

It is not either.

this sums up my response better than I could


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Horror is fairly niche.
Science Fiction is fairly niche.

Yet Alien managed to spawn an entire franchise, to include multiple sequels, a shared universe with the Predator films, video games, novels, and comic books.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

The grippli were in D&D products before a full two decades before Paizo existed.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I like Greyhawk, Eberron, and Starjammer. Planescape and the Forgettable Realms annoy mem.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Quark Blast wrote:
Posted by SKR wrote:

<here>

Given the prominence of Tomb of Horrors in the novel Ready Player One, and the upcoming movie adaption of the same name, smart money says we'll see a 5e version at about the same time the movie comes out (March 2018).
October 10, 2016 at 5:06 AM

I'd also like to point out a couple of errors about this quote. There is absolutely nothing to confirm that the Sean involved in that conversation is SKR. Secondly, the quoted post was not even made by Sean, it was made by an anonymous poster.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

You think that a book entitled Volo's Guide to the Realms is setting-neutral?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:

Norman,

There's nothing to say they will do that (IE plop Tomb of Horrors into FR lore.) It might be more likely (in my mind) they do Undermountain instead.

Evidently the Tomb of Horrors is talked about in the Volo's Guide to the Realms booklet that comes with Dungeonology.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Steve Geddes wrote:
...and I hate spending half a session on one combat.

Agreed. I enjoy the exploration part of the game more than anything else. And it grinds to a halt when you spend 2-3 hours in the battle arena fighting. :(


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Brother Fen wrote:
...where anything is possible.

As long as you have the appropriate feat. :P


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Mary Ann

And before you ask:

Samantha of Bewitched (vs Jeannie of I Dream of Jeannie)
Bailey Quarters of WKRP in Cincinnati
Janet of Three's Company
Kelly of Charlie's Angels


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Mephisto is a bit out of their weight class.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
GreyWolfLord wrote:
In otherwords, while they had a form of balance in the Old School games, it wasn't like how they make "balanced" games today. It was more focused on the game itself and people as a team, rather than characters having the exact same power levels at the same levels as everyone else.

Of course, this just becomes ironic when you ACTUALLY compare the different power levels. Somehow, the "new school" editions of D&D (to include Pathfinder, which is probably the worst example) have managed to WIDEN the gulf between spellcasters and martial characters. Mostly due to the fact that v3.0 got rid of many of the limiting factors on spellcasters when it was published, and subsequent editions have further eliminated almost all of the rest. Paizo is much more likely to nerf a semi-effective option that manages to slip through for martial characters than they are to even remotely address some of the more ridiculously overpowered elements allowed to spellcasters.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Steve Geddes wrote:
Personally, I also find it irritating when people discount my thoughts on AD&D on the grounds they are based on "nostalgia".

This is definitely a big problem in these types of threads. Making snide disparaging comments about the "other side" doesn't convince anyone to "switch sides", and is much more likely to get people to do the same about YOUR "side".


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Irontruth wrote:
To me that sounds like players were more empowered in the old school, because the rules didn't preclude them from doing actions, thus giving them a wider array of choices of what to do during the game.

With the explosion in the number of feats, I think this is ABSOLUTELY true. Every feat added to the game is another thing you can no longer do (or at least viably) unless you take the feat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Thomas Seitz wrote:
So what's everyone's verdict of this episode?

It managed to send a bit of a mixed message with Snapper Carr. Apparently we're supposed to hate the guy because he wants there to be an actual story before writing the headline, and because he wants reporters to report the facts instead of clubbing the reader over the head with opinions.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Old School - Great for a creative cooperative game between friends.

New School - Good for a game where the players and GM have very little trust in each other or their own creativity, and must lean on the crutch of overly codified rules.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My problem with Flashpoint is they didn't establish that universe as being anywhere near bad enough that I buy Barry thinking it would be better off with both of his parents murdered.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

There's probably saving a ton of money by dumping Calista.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I was kind of thinking that when they were extracting the bullet, the fact that stuff went wrong for a bit was going to count as Luke Cage's second experiment, and that the would become even tougher (like happened in the comics), rendering him immune to the Judas bullets.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Ironically the "new school" or "modern" gaming style exemplified by Pathfinder is something of a relic of the last decade. A large number of RPGs released within the past few years have rather definitively leaned towards the rules-light side of the spectrum. (I'm sure there are exceptions, but overall the industry seems to be leaning that way.)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dragonchess Player wrote:
"Old school" and "new school" have very little to do with the game system. Mechanics do not mandate playstyle.

They don't necessarily mandate it, but they can strongly suggest or imply a certain playstyle. And let's be honest, if a player came to this board to complain about a DM that had his action fail because the player didn't do much more than state a skill to use and roll a d20, the vast majority of replies would be of the "crucify him" variety. Because the d20 system puts way more of an emphasis on the character builds and mechanical bonuses than it does on creativity and thinking outside the box.

Raven Moon wrote:
New mechanics and much more matured approach to not only solving the problems but actually giving life to a personality while playing it.

Disagree. And strongly disagree with the rather antagonistic way in which you present that opinion.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Tawana Brawley has already been mentioned.

There is also the Freddie's Fashion Mart Massacre, where his ignorance of the facts of the matter combined with his race-baiting comments directly led to the murder of eight people.

Frankly, over the past decade or so, it's hard to find incidents he has been involved in that didn't actively worsen race relations.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
CrystalSeas wrote:
Backpack wrote:
If I refer to someone as a "Gamer Girl" that is simply because I wished to explain that she is a girl who also plays games in the fewest combination of possible words.

And the fact that someone was upset by that has not changed your behavior?

Perhaps you could afford the few microseconds it takes to use descriptions that aren't offensive. Or even just call her a Gamer. That's even fewer words.

The problem is that there is almost no behavior in today's world that won't offend some group of people or another. If you open a door for the woman behind you, she might get offended. If you don't open it for her, she might get offended. If you let it close in her face she will probably get offended. At a certain point, you have to just live by your own standards of behavior and accept that some people are going to occasionally take offense to something you have done. Constantly walking on eggshells in no way to live a life.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

If you're never NOT having a "special" event, then the events aren't special anymore.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Actually, most incarnations of the gug just have a vertical mouth, not the flower petal opening type of thing that this monster has.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
archmagi1 wrote:
From what I've read, contrary to how it has been marketed as a Robbie vehicle, this is a "Deadshot + 6" (as one critic put it) Will Smith movie with a bit of "where's my girlfriend" Joker plot in the later acts.

Not really surprising, as Will Smith has gone on the record as saying that he doesn't do movies unless he is THE star.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm glad to see Coulson not being director. He never seemed suited for the job, and Fury essentially appointing him Director never made any sense. It would be like taking the manager of a Wal-Mart in a mid-sized town and making them the CEO of the entire company.


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Krensky wrote:
Well, war can speed that up, but so can, you know, being a superhero. See Captain Steve Rogers.

Not sure he's a great example, given that he's been stuck at O-3 for well over 70 years now. :P


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Aaron Bitman wrote:

I just watched that trailer. Wow. I always felt that a Wonder Woman movie ought to take place during World War 2, and ought to have Steve Trevor. And judging from the trailer, it looks like this movie got the right feel.

Still, how can anyone not wince at that clumsy, awkward dialogue?

Quote:

"You're a man."

"<long pause> Yeah. <long pause> I mean... <long pause> ...don't I look like one?"

...or...

Quote:

"I was brought to life by Zeus."

"<long pause> Well that's neat."

Gee, I wonder what reason Chris Pine might have for inserting awkward pauses into his acting.

On a completely unrelated note....what role is he playing in that new Star Trek movie?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm not a very big DC fan, but time travel is kind of an inherent part of the Flash mythos, is it not?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
ShinHakkaider wrote:
Thomas Seitz wrote:
Emily...is a little old for most people. Admittedly Carol is no spring chicken in some respects, but she's MUCH more in her mid-late 30s than 40s- early 50s.

???

Emily Blount is 33 years old man.

Blunt....no O needed.

And how in the hell do you think she is late 40's / early 50's ???


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Is the new Star Trek series going to be in the original (TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT) continuity?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
BigDTBone wrote:
Set wrote:

I'm not sure a new character, gay or otherwise, would be all that welcome, given that the old crew are, IMO, already getting short shrift from screentime, with Kirk, Spock and Uhura pretty much dominating the show, with a side of Scotty and Bones, and might-as-well-be-cameos from Sulu and Chekov. This new Trek doesn't even have 'room' for Lower Decks type characters like Rand and Chapel and M'benga, adding new characters seems like just throwing more straws on an already overburdened camel's back.

Yeah, ensemble casts work far better on TV. Preferably 26 hour-long episodes a year. Also, I'm sad that we don't live in that world anymore.

Most of the episodes of TOS, the majority of what we think of as the main crew did very very little. Kirk, Spock, and Bones were really the only ones to consistently get decent amounts of screen time and plot lines...and even Bones was a good couple of tiers below Kirk and Spock.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
I'm Hiding In Your Closet wrote:
*starts seriously wondering why Tacticslion chooses to Favorite some things he does*

I think that favoriting a post is his method of marking it as one that he has read.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
I'm Hiding In Your Closet wrote:
Look at my list above. How many can you say you've heard of? I've inadvertently become the guy who's out of touch with most of the popular games, but is exceptionally familiar with all the obscure gems - with this new paradigm, even finding these gems is all but impossible.

First off, I think you are VASTLY overestimating how "obscure" some of those games are.

Secondly, the existence of game services like Steam, GOG, and others actually make it EASIER to stumble upon lesser known games. There's a ton of great indie games that you can get that never would have had the budget for a physical release, and thus wouldn't have ever shown up in a game store.

Thirdly, yes, there will be a great many more games you see that don't interest you than those that do. This is not a phenomena exclusive to online stores, however...it's just as true in a physical game store as well.

Fourthly....the online stores may not have a physical box to look at, but they do have everything that such a box would have on it (and a lot more).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
Yes, the old game store is dying. It sucks, but that is the joy of the internet. You can look at Good Old Games, but I do not think that helps out as much as you would like. Especially since it is a game store. The best bet is to ask around and look at other sites. We will be glad to recommend some games that we like or find interesting.

Slight correction for you...GOG is no longer Good Old Games, and probably half their catalog is now games released within the past 5 years or so.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My favorite African-American actress is Charlize Theron.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
phantom1592 wrote:
Spectacular Spider-man?? The stories were good... but that animation design still turns my stomach.

The art design never bothered me. The actual animation is light-years ahead of the crappy 90's cartoon. And the stories were great. For me personally, it's the best non-comic adaptation of Spidey, bar none (vs all other Spidey cartoons, TV shows, and movies).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Wellard wrote:
Europe is NOT a country and it was the habit of treating it as such adopted by so many EU lawmakers that actually started this sad sorry mess in the first place.

Exactly. The EU was never meant to be an actual nation. But it's been moving further and further towards that, and I sympathize with those that do not want their national identities watered down to the point of non-existence.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

A certain percentage of young voters will also be unaffected...they will die over the next few years: accidents, illness, etc. Should that percentage be calculated, and that percentage of their votes be discarded?

You say it's offensive and disturbing that mentally incompetent people might be able to vote. I think it's more offensive and disturbing to deny a group of people the right to vote simply because you fear that some small percentage of them are mentally incompetent.

Also, there are mentally incompetent people of ALL ages. Perhaps nobody should be allowed a vote? Maybe the UK should return to being an absolute monarchy.

1 to 50 of 123 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>