Challenge 1/day, Tactician 1/day, Aid Allies (order of the dragon)
Common, Elven, and Gnome
About Nimreass Avundarod
4th son of an elven cavalier. Though his brothers took to horse back readily enough , Nimreass did not, his feet planted firmly on the ground. As the youngest son and one who didn't show much promise to follow in his fathers footsteps he often played the role of the squire for his brothers' in their training, helping clean their weapons and care for their horses. While he learned what his father would teach of honor and knightly behavior, he had a knack for improvising in combat that didn't sit entirely well in his training. The long sword that he fought with felt clumsy and ill suited to him. He found his way to favor with the rapier and other piercing weapons. After his three brothers had gone off in service to their lord his father redoubled his efforts to turn his last son into a proper knight eventually leading them to part ways. Nim seeks to prove himself worthy of his family name and, eventually, his father's approval, though he won't admit to it. Though not the knight his father wanted him to be, he is still loyal and helpful to those who treat him well.
Nim stands at 6 feet tall and 160 lbs, his brown hair pulled back into a ponytail beneath a green, wide brimmed hat. His green eyes tend to sweep around him, watching and assessing those around him. He wears well maintained leather boots and breeches with his red shirt tucked in neatly at the waist. His face is always clean shaven, detesting even the slightest stubble.
NG Medium Half-Elf Daring Champion Cavalier 2 (Order of the Dragon)
Init +2 Senses Low Light Vision Perception +7
AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +3 Studded Leather armor)
HP 26 (2d10+6)
Fort +6 Ref +2 Will +0; +2 racial saving throw bonus against Enchantment spells and effects
10 minute background:
10 minute background
5 Background and Concept Elements
1. Trained as a knightly cavalier he focused mainly on the foot to foot combat and developed a code of honor more around helping his allies than any form of fair fighting.
2. Son of a knight and used to more privilige and wealth than the average man he's more likely to overpay for something and questions why he can't afford things now that he no longer has his father's wealth to back him up.
3. His training alongside his 3 older brothers taught him the value of helping his allies to do better, even when it costs him personal glory.
4. He can take the failures of his allies rather personally and strives to help them do better, but woe on any who would add insult those failures.
5. Appearance and wit can be far more dangerous for him than his sword, leading him to try and bluff or intimidate his foes before closing with his blade.
1. To earn enough fame and reputation to prove himself worthy of his family name.
2. He seeks not just to elevate himself but also his allies to positions of esteem. No one will call his friends "worthless wastrels" by the time he's done.
1. He sold most of the jewelery he had left home with to make ends meet on the way to sandpoint after his initial coin ran out.
2. Nim's spending habits and the jewelery he had left with has spread rumor of a travelling lord in disguise with his description. Having not stayed still long after he left home, he hadn't heard the rumors himself, but a lone lord without his retinue has attracted the attention of bandits and robbers who seek to kidnap him for the ransom of his estate.
4 3 people tied to the character
1. Nim's brother Dullant Avundarod, the 2nd youngest of the bunch, resents the attention and extra training his father gave Nim. Dullant did everything he could to win his father's praise, but it was only ever used to show Nim what a true knight was like and never praised for it's own merit.
(Still thinking about two more people to add.)