|6 people marked this as a favorite.|
First off I aplogise if there are typos in this post, I'm working off my phone. That said, I would actually love to see a hardback Absalom with;
1) A more detailed look at its government structure, including at least names for all of the high council seats. This isn't the decimverate people, what those roles are and who fills them should be common knowledge in arguably the most important city in the inner sea.
2) A map with a scale that fits. People who've lurked these forums long enough should remember at least one thread where James had to chime in on the disparity in scale between the latest map and the first given population density at the time.
3) A working setup for doing arena fights in the Iorium, give us something to at least mold to our liking if not outright use to go along with that tasty morsel from the inner sea combat faction.
4) I seem to recall somewhere long ago a mention about a perhaps mythic Gyr. I would love to see this happen with a full stat write-up.
5) Maybe an adventure playing with the political shadow war to slake the thirst of our cloak & dagger / rp happy groups.
6) For that matter why not do a line of stand alone modules each to show off a diffrent section of the city. You started this once long ago. Did those two modules not sell well?
7) speaking of hangman's noose could be a great way to start in on a kingdom building / downtime heavy campaign where the players must rebuild precipice quarter and become it's council.
8) Wet our tongues some more about the starstone. Outside of a mythic snipit that well has been so dry for such a long time it's bleeding dire dust mite army units by now.
9) Give us army units for Absalom for people who want to stage a new siege of Absalom.
10) Full actual city stats for that matter, latest one is missing a population breakdown btw. Also, given that more and more new city qualities keep piping up, might be nice to give Absalom a unique one of its own.
11) Bust out with your Occult Mysteries and give us one or two NPCs that DMs know for a fact are veiled masters.
12) Detailed floor plans for the Forae Logos, Azlanti Keep, Irorium, and Pathfinder Lodge.
13) For the mage school fans give us a write-up on the Arcanamirium. There are precious few fully fleshed out mage schools we can rip off out there. I would love to see it get its due.
14) more notes on local festivals, I feel like there would be a number of these within a city so large and so old.
15) more NPCs/places to flesh the districts out. I would expect to find an NPC of just about every class in Absalom.
I guess the big point is, Paizo has unleashed a whole lot of extra flavor / optional systems and classes over the years and Absalom seems the perfect place for them all to come to light. A new book embracing this would give tons of options for DMs/players and in no way would it prevent DMs from adding custom content. Even with a Ptolus sized book there would still be buildings left unfilled, entire streats even. This city is just too big to fill in all the cracks. So I say embrace the system and it's natural evolution and make Absalom a cornerstone piece showing off how all these things can come together and be part of a greater whole. No game should require all the extra rules and subsystems but every game should allow for them if the Dms/players wish to use them. Give us a city of passion, of political integue, of roaring stadiums, lost urban ruins, magical academies, adventuring guilds, clashing armies, and more, then let us choose which of those stories we want to tell/experience.