I'm crafting a home-brewed Pathfinder campaign setting. I will be making some changes to a variety of things and seek constructive feedback.
Dunhya has thousands of deities. The gods here are generally less involved in the affairs of mortals than upon other worlds. In as much as any mortal can know the mind of the divine – they don’t seem to care. To further insulate and isolate themselves from mortals there are numerous layers of semi-divine (often immortal) functionaries, go-betweens, servants, sycophants, and lackeys
Changes to Clerics
1. What is the name of your deity?
2. What is your deity's alignment?
3. What is your deity’s portfolio?
4. What is the role of clerics of your deity in society?
5. Select an archetype if desired (and abide by the normal strictures).
6. Pick two domains or subdomains.
7. Decide if your cleric channels positive or negative energy and Variant Channeling affects if desired. No alignment restriction to type of energy.
8. Select a favored weapon.
a. If the favored weapon is Simple, also select a skill that is not a cleric class skill, and consider it a class skill.
b. If you chose to forgo proficiency with medium armor or shields you may select an Exotic Weapon or a second alternate class skill.
Example: Belarion of the Silver Sword, NG Hero God of Personal Combat, Honor, and Victory. Clerics of Belarion are healers attached to military units. Domains: Healing & Protection. Clerics channel positive energy using the Variant Channeling for Protection domain. Favored Weapon: Bastard Sword, no proficiency with shields.