Welcome to PaizoCon!

Friday, May 26, 2023

PaizoCon Online 2023, the celebration of all things Paizo, begins today! Join us for free, fun panels at twitch.tv/officialpaizo. Meet friends and network on our Discord, with prizes, partner presentations, staff AMAs, and more!


PaizoCon Online 2023 Stream Schedule


From now through May 29, take 20% off a single order* of Pathfinder and Starfinder products at the Paizo Store using the code PaizoCon2023 at checkout.

Stock up on Pathfinder AccessoriesDeep Cuts miniatures, and the entire Pathfinder Battles line of prepainted miniatures from WizKids (excluding preorders or full sized figures).


Paizo save 20 percent banner featuring the paizo golem logo


Join us for the PaizoCon Keynote on Twitch from 10 a.m. to noon Pacific and on the Paizo Events Discord for partner giveaways every hour on the hour between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pacific Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!


Starfinder Solidarity Bundle with Paizo and Humble Bundle


Get it before it is gone!

Inside our Starfinder Solidarity Bundle you will find everything you need for years of exciting science-fantasy play, like digital copies of the Starfinder Core RulebookAlien ArchiveAlien Archive 2Alien Archive 3, the Starfinder Beginner Box, as well as the entire Fly Free or Die Adventure Path. Plus, it features physical copies of Starfinder Alien Archive 2 and the Starfinder Critical Hit Deck! That is over $400 in Starfinder Roleplaying Game digital and print materials for only $45! Best of all, you choose how much of your purchase supports The Trevor Project.

But wait, there’s more! Many of our partners have amazing offers to help you unleash your hero:

Roll20 is celebrating with newly re-packaged Pathfinder Flip-Mat Classics, Pathfinder Flip-Mats, and Starfinder Flip-Mats. They also have Pathfinder and Starfinder Core Rulebook discounts, dynamic Pathfinder and Starfinder Mega-Bundles, the new digital Pathfinder Harrow Deck!


Shop the PaizoCon Sale Today!

* Discounts listed here do not stack with other discounts, including the Paizo Advantage. Not valid on subscriptions, preorders, Foundry VTT, or non-Paizo products not specifically listed as on sale. Sale ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific on May 29.

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Conventions Paizo PaizoCon Pathfinder Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Starfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game
Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Huzzah!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

I don't seem to be able to get the sale up?

Director of Marketing

The-Magic-Sword wrote:
I don't seem to be able to get the sale up?

It is active so you might email Customer Service.

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.

yeah, I had the discount up until 7:00pm pacific.
not sure what to do

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Email customer service.


Is there a full writeup of all the announcements and such at PaizoCon? Due to timezones and other things I wasn't really able to watch any of the livestreams as they were happening.

Director of Marketing

Z3DT wrote:
Is there a full writeup of all the announcements and such at PaizoCon? Due to timezones and other things I wasn't really able to watch any of the livestreams as they were happening.

We are working on a highlights blog for Friday.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Please please please have an in-person PaizoCon next year. I miss them and am unlikely to ever attend on-line PaizoCon.

Director of Marketing

3 people marked this as a favorite.
marv wrote:
Please please please have an in-person PaizoCon next year. I miss them and am unlikely to ever attend on-line PaizoCon.

Thank you for your feedback. Paizo is now a remote work company. We work in multiple state and countries. Staff participation in physical cons is now opt-in. We reach more people with an online Con. Hybrid cons are difficult to produce. We had some success with partnering with KublaCon, which was running concurrently.

Paizo Leadership will decide.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aaron Shanks wrote:
marv wrote:
Please please please have an in-person PaizoCon next year. I miss them and am unlikely to ever attend on-line PaizoCon.

Thank you for your feedback. Paizo is now a remote work company. We work in multiple state and countries. Staff participation in physical cons is now opt-in. We reach more people with an online Con. Hybrid cons are difficult to produce. We had some success with partnering with KublaCon, which was running concurrently.

Paizo Leadership will decide.

Thank you Aaron for the complete response!

I’m very glad Paizo is now a remote company. I work for one and love it. It was one of the few positive things to come out of the Pandemic. I’m glad VTT’s exist (especially for those not as fortunate as me to live in the same city with my players or even as fortunate as me that I can afford to attend an out of state convention). VTTs were a blessing during the pandemic for me. I get it.

But, for me, in person play is significantly more social, more fun to play, and so much easier to read your players so you know if you need to adjust the pacing of a session.

And in person game Conversations create some amazing “random encounters” that nothing else in this hobby can simulate:
I have fond memories of meeting my hero’s in person. For example…
* I ran into SKR in the hallway at PaizoCon once and had an amazing conversation with him about monster design.
* at PaizoCon I once walked up to a table, to watch and listen for a few minutes, where another of my hero’s was DMing/GMing. I won’t give his name so as not to embarrass him - but likely 90% of those reading this message board know who he is. This world class game designer was so interested in reading his long lore dump that he failed to notice that the players at the table were bored and not listening. What was valuable for me was to learn that even designers like him can make classic game master mistakes; just like me. He’s still one my of hero’s and I don’t think any less of him. I Just feel a little more compassion for my mistakes behind the screen.
* there was one PaizoCon where I got to thank Lisa in person for saving all those Dragon Magazines that WoTC was otherwise going to literally put in the dump.
* that time I found myself in an elevator with Eric and joked about how embarrassed I was to finally meet him but I was dressed in a stupid cosplay costume.

I’ll stop. But I have many many more such stories. This is a sad end of an era for me. And sounds like I need to focus more on GenCon now.

I really hope online PaizoCons really pulls more people to the game (and the convention).

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Aaron Shanks wrote:

..... Paizo is now a remote work company. We work in multiple state and countries. Staff participation in physical cons is now opt-in. We reach more people with an online Con. Hybrid cons are difficult to produce. We had some success with partnering with KublaCon, which was running concurrently.

Paizo Leadership will decide.

I just happened to come across this as I was looking for Gencon info (which is sold out)...prior to covid, I did lots of in-person games. After, they seem to be few and far between for pathfinder (I'm west of Chicago). My son is just starting to get into the game and we've been forced into more D&D sessions because there seems to be plenty of those in person. Online play is just like another screen game to me and I'm steering my kids away from that.

Director of Marketing

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Cascade wrote:
Aaron Shanks wrote:

..... Paizo is now a remote work company. We work in multiple state and countries. Staff participation in physical cons is now opt-in. We reach more people with an online Con. Hybrid cons are difficult to produce. We had some success with partnering with KublaCon, which was running concurrently.

Paizo Leadership will decide.

I just happened to come across this as I was looking for Gencon info (which is sold out)...prior to covid, I did lots of in-person games. After, they seem to be few and far between for pathfinder (I'm west of Chicago). My son is just starting to get into the game and we've been forced into more D&D sessions because there seems to be plenty of those in person. Online play is just like another screen game to me and I'm steering my kids away from that.

Our Organized Play program is full of in person play. I encourage that.

Community / Forums / Paizo / PaizoCon / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: Welcome to PaizoCon! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion