Digital Adventure Releases
These adventures will be available on March 29, 2023.
*part of a subscription
Starfinder Society Year 6
The Year of Fortune’s Fall is upon us, Starfinders! This month, Jessica announced the theme for Starfinder Society Year 6, launching at PaizoCon Online at the end of May. When a mysterious and powerful criminal syndicate, dubbed the Organization, enacts a bloody attack within the Pact Worlds, First Seeker Ehu Hadif vows to bring an end to their predations. Yet, this attack is only the opening salvo in a plot destined to doom millions.
It’s up to you to unravel the plans of the Organization and bring the group’s leaders to justice! This Organization has been waiting in the wings for years, but now they must be stopped before it’s too late!
One of the most-requested features in my time here has been the ability to replay scenarios. Whether it’s because you have another character who would fit perfectly into an adventure or just because you want to help make a table fire, this has been something players and GMs have asked for constantly. I’m delighted to tell you that, thanks to the tireless work of our tech team, this is now possible!
If you check your Organized Play account, you will see that you now have Replays available for Pathfinder Society (both first and second edition) as well as Starfinder Society. Here are the rules governing these Replays, which will be added to the Guide to Organized Play during the next update:
- All players (current and future) start with 2 replays. Current players may have obtained additional replays as a thanks for your patience while we got the system up and running. 
- GMs will earn one replay for each GM rank they achieve. Additionally, on January 1st of each year we will run a report to grant GMs one replay per GM rank for each active system. 
- Additional replays for PFS2 and SFS can be purchased at a rate of 40 Achievement Points per replay. This cost does not increase over time. Players must purchase a replay prior to completion and reporting of the scenario they are replaying.
- Players must indicate to their GM when they are using a replay. When reporting a replayed scenario, the GM should check the “Consume Replay” box next to the character’s information so they earn full credit for the scenario.
- Players who replay a scenario earn full rewards as a result of their playthrough. They get access to any boons and items on their Chronicle Sheet, as well as gold, XP and Reputation, all subject to the outcome of the scenario.
- Replays are not used when GMing a scenario; GMs will continue to earn table credit and AcP for GMing a non-repeatable scenario.
- Replays can be used on sanctioned content that is scenario-length or shorter, such as One-Shots, non-repeatable Quests and Free RPG Day adventures. Replays cannot be used on long-form content such as standalone modules or Adventure Path volumes.
 The formula for additional replays is 2 replays for every 50 games played or GMed in the program prior to February 18, 2023.
 This functionality does not exist yet, tech is currently assessing the feasibility of doing so, but I'm confident in our/their abilities. If it is infeasible to do so automatically in a short timeframe I will investigate manual solutions.
As a reminder, per the rules in the Guide to Organized Play, players must inform their GMs when they are replaying a scenario, whether it’s because they are using a Replay or because it is a Repeatable scenario they have played before. Players replaying a scenario should not use metagame knowledge to ruin the experience for first-time players.
GMs are explicitly permitted to limit signups to their tables based on non-discriminatory criteria, such as limiting a run of a scenario to first-time players if they prefer.
We’re also aware of some minor issues with reduced Achievement Points or table credit that occurred as a result of this code update. We’re digging into the exact causes but hope to have fixes rolled out very soon. In the meantime, if you have any questions about incorrect counts of any points, including Replays, don’t hesitate to email email@example.com. Thank you for your patience as we made these technical updates, and enjoy the new Replays!
Starfinder Errata Updates
Last month, the Starfinder team announced a host of new errata and updates to the core Starfinder rules. Any rule changes like this are always considered to apply immediately to Starfinder Society play, so these changes are now in effect at our tables.
Additionally, some of these changes address the initial reasons we did not allow certain character options for play in Starfinder Society. We’re pleased to announce that the following options are now legal in Starfinder Society play:
- Starfinder Armory: all garottes and vibrogarottes
- Starfinder Pact Worlds: mature xenolash
- Starfinder Drift Crisis: thasphalt blaster
- Starfinder Interstellar Species: Devastating Throw, Draconic Shot, Hurl Ally, ink gland augmentation, linnormling creature companion
- Horizons of the Vast Adventure Path: Zeitgeist mystic connection
The Starfinder Society Character Options page has been updated to reflect these changes, as well as to remove some additional clarifications that are now part of the core rules.
Last week, with the release of Treasure Vault, we sanctioned the options for Pathfinder Society play! Delve into the vaults and discover your new favorite items! Sanctioning is posted on the Pathfinder Society Character Options pageas usual, and boons are available in the Boon Store.
This month, we’ll be taking a look at Lost Omens: Firebrands and the Drift Crisis Case Files for Starfinder, with the goal to get sanctioning for both ready for street date. After that, while we prepare for Starfinder Ports of Call in May, we’ll be working on the Drift Hackers and Gatewalkers Adventure Paths.
Whether stars, novas, or glyphs, achieving a 5 ranking in any program involves a substantial amount of time. To achieve the 5th milestone, a GM must run 150 games, of which at least 50 must be unique scenarios and 10 special scenarios, as well as run between one and three games for venture-captains (program dependent). A conservative estimate of the time needed to reach the 5th milestone is 650 hours!
This month, we had one GM earn their 5th Star for Pathfinder Society (first edition).
5th Star (PFS1): Gregg Homerding
Until next time - Explore! Report! Cooperate! and enjoy revisiting some favorite scenarios!
Organized Play Coordinator
March 2023 Organized Play Monthly Update
Thursday, March 3, 2023