Paizo And Foundry Virtual Tabletop Content Partnership

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Paizo is proud to announce that we have officially partnered with Foundry Gaming LLC to bring premium content to Foundry Virtual Tabletop. This new level of partnership represents the culmination of nearly a year of communal effort from Paizo, Foundry Virtual Tabletop, Sigil Entertainment Group, Syrinscape, and contributors from the FVTT Pathfinder Second Edition development community. We have heard the outpouring of support from the Foundry VTT userbase and are extremely excited to continue to work with the Foundry team to bring Pathfinder content to their platform in a way that emphasizes the quality of our respective products.


The first premium product to release as part of this partnership is the second edition Pathfinder Beginner Box, coming April 16. The release of the Beginner Box on Foundry VTT has been specifically timed to precede the community driven Beginner Box Day event occurring the weekend of April 23–24, 2022. Fans won’t have to wait long for more content as the debut volume of the Outlaws of Alkenstar Adventure Path, Punks in a Powder Keg, will be available simultaneously with the book’s retail release on April 27. Volumes two and three will follow as they hit store shelves in upcoming months.

Next month, the truly massive Abomination Vaults Adventure Path arrives as an all-inclusive deluxe module, coinciding with the release of the hardcover adventure compilation.

Screenshot of Foundry's Abomination Vaults Adventure Path UI


Among the many premier features players and GMs can expect in these premium offerings are:

  • Adventure and toolbox content converted to Journal Entries, each customized by hand to provide dynamic links to other documents and specific instructions for running the adventure using the automation features of Foundry Virtual Tabletop.
  • Scores of unique, high-resolution character and monster tokens.
  • Exclusive, highly detailed, and immersive adventure maps with support for Foundry Virtual Tabletop's Overhead Tiles and Foreground Layer features, re-created using assets from Forgotten Adventures.
  • Scenes pre-configured with walls, lights, sound, tokens, and hazards already placed to provide GMs the most convenient experience running the adventure.
  • Music, ambience, and sound effects provided using audio from the extensive Syrinscape library.
  • Script Macros that allow a GM to ease the effort needed to handle more complex encounters that await players.
Screenshot of Foundry's Pathfinder Beginner Box Adventure UI


We’re incredibly excited for the Pathfinder community to check this premier slate of products out on FoundryVTT and look forward to expanding our offerings as time goes on. We’d like to thank the passionate volunteers who laid the groundwork for Pathfinder Second Edition content on Foundry, without whom we’d have had a much steeper climb to bring these projects to fruition. Special thanks are due to developer FryGuy, whose PF2e PDF to Foundry module has provided countless GMs with adventure importing and formatting services in the absence of official FoundryVTT support before now. Internally, this partnership has had no greater champion than Andrew White, who was among the first in the company to point out FoundryVTT’s meteoric rise in the virtual tabletop landscape and has spearheaded coordination between Paizo and the various teams working on these releases. Thank you all!

Now, let’s get to playing some Pathfinder Second Edition on Foundry Virtual Tabletop!

Screenshot of Foundry's Pathfinder Outlaws of Alkenstar UI


More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Pathfinder Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Pathfinder Second Edition Virtual Tabletop
151 to 194 of 194 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

So... Take my money?


Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Releasing at 11 am PDT so 8 minutes.


Can we buy it yet?


Yes, but the link is a bit hidden.
Just open FoundryVTT > install module and select premium modules.
You will find the Pathfinder 2e beginners box there with a link to the Paizo Website to buy it from.
Or use this link:
https://paizo.com/products/btq02d6p?Pathfinder-Beginner-Box


Hello, I noticed that the character creation process doesn't seem to automate some things - when dragging backgrounds, races, and classes to the sheet the attributes do not update. As well, at the equipment stage it says to use the equipment package or gold listed in a class description, but I do not see that in the compendium documents. I may be mistaken or lost, so any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Halbaric wrote:
Hello, I noticed that the character creation process doesn't seem to automate some things - when dragging backgrounds, races, and classes to the sheet the attributes do not update. As well, at the equipment stage it says to use the equipment package or gold listed in a class description, but I do not see that in the compendium documents. I may be mistaken or lost, so any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

PF2 for Foundry does not have a character creator (yet?). Don't expect it to make all adjustments automatically.

Also, if you need help in any way I highly recommend the PF2 channel on the Foundry Discord. I have yet yo encounter a problem I couldn't solve with their help.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

Take the first step into an amazing world of fantasy adventure! The Pathfinder Beginner Box contains everything you need to learn how to play the Pathfinder2e Roleplaying Game on Foundry Virtual Tabletop.

Dark Archive

Sidenote, I don't like foundry, but did foundry have starfinder support?

I'm kinda wondering since one of my newer players doesn't seem to like starfinder official sheet much and I dislike community simple sheet, so I feel like that could be excuse to try out starfinder on foundry.


Halbaric wrote:
Hello, I noticed that the character creation process doesn't seem to automate some things - when dragging backgrounds, races, and classes to the sheet the attributes do not update. As well, at the equipment stage it says to use the equipment package or gold listed in a class description, but I do not see that in the compendium documents. I may be mistaken or lost, so any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

There's also a wiki page for players and GMs.


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
CorvusMask wrote:

Sidenote, I don't like foundry, but did foundry have starfinder support?

I'm kinda wondering since one of my newer players doesn't seem to like starfinder official sheet much and I dislike community simple sheet, so I feel like that could be excuse to try out starfinder on foundry.

There is definitely a Starfinder module. Since individual games are often supported by volunteers I'm not sure the degree of support present but I'd assume it's worth checking out.

Looks like an update was pushed as recently as 4 days ago.


Is it true that AV discount will only apply to owners of the combined "hardback" PDF, not the 3 "softcover" PDF's? And that errata will not be available to the latter group?


Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

My understanding is I am supposed to get the PDF as well as the Foundry module.
I'm not seeing the pdf to download. In My Downloads, I have the seriel number and I was able to enable the module in foundry, but unlike everything else in My Downloads, there is no link.
Thoughts?


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Are there any plans for a Shadows at Sundown module? I love the standalone adventures, but without a premium module or PDF to Foundry, I'd be at square one for adventure prep.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

2 people marked this as a favorite.
goodkinghadrian wrote:
Are there any plans for a Shadows at Sundown module? I love the standalone adventures, but without a premium module or PDF to Foundry, I'd be at square one for adventure prep.

We'll announce specific content when we are certain. Ramping up parallel digital publishing for the most prolific ttrpg publishing company takes a minute.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

PinkRose wrote:

My understanding is I am supposed to get the PDF as well as the Foundry module.

I'm not seeing the pdf to download. In My Downloads, I have the seriel number and I was able to enable the module in foundry, but unlike everything else in My Downloads, there is no link.
Thoughts?

Please email customer service to help you with any issues.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

SSL wrote:
Is it true that AV discount will only apply to owners of the combined "hardback" PDF, not the 3 "softcover" PDF's? And that errata will not be available to the latter group?

Currently, yes, that is my understanding. The first I understand to be a tech limitation. We do have blogs scheduled that may address the errata, which I understand to be minimal.


Aaron Shanks wrote:
SSL wrote:
Is it true that AV discount will only apply to owners of the combined "hardback" PDF, not the 3 "softcover" PDF's? And that errata will not be available to the latter group?
Currently, yes, that is my understanding. The first I understand to be a tech limitation. We do have blogs scheduled that may address the errata, which I understand to be minimal.

Then you could give out the combined PDF to the owners of the split books, to make it fair for the earlier customers.

Silver Crusade

They have never given the pdf of a collected/hardcover version of an AP for free to subscribers who were subscribed for the original run before.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 32

2 people marked this as a favorite.

As someone who just started running AV on Roll20 for free, and doing all the setup on my own, this new deal is very intriguing and I was considering paying money for Foundry.

But since I bought the 3 adventures separately as a subscriber when they came out, to find out that I can't get the same benefits as someone who buys the compilation makes this a hard pass for me. I would think that Paizo would want to at least offer the same benefits to the people who made the hard cover a possibility in the first place.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

The Pathfinder2e Beginner Box Weekend Livestream is LIVE on Twitch!


Has there been any update to PF Nexus, the PF version of D and D Beyond and how will it interface with Foundry?


What I'd really like to see is a Foundry VTT Subscription offer. I'd be all over that.

I used to have a few subs which were great, but the shipping costs (to UK) destroyed it for me.

Paizo Employee Marketing & Media Manager

Terevalis Unctio of House Mysti wrote:
Has there been any update to PF Nexus, the PF version of D and D Beyond and how will it interface with Foundry?

Pathfinder Nexus continues Early Access its its digital reader and game compendium. It has the rulebooks, setting books and some adventures. Character Management is next.

There are comments about VTTs in the FAQs thread. "We do not (currently) plan to create a VTT, but we’ll share more details on those specifics later in Early Access." You should be able to use your favorite VTT with it. No special partnerships between Foundry and Demiplane have been announced.


Aaron Shanks wrote:
Terevalis Unctio of House Mysti wrote:
Has there been any update to PF Nexus, the PF version of D and D Beyond and how will it interface with Foundry?

Pathfinder Nexus continues Early Access its its digital reader and game compendium. It has the rulebooks, setting books and some adventures. Character Management is next.

There are comments about VTTs in the FAQs thread. "We do not (currently) plan to create a VTT, but we’ll share more details on those specifics later in Early Access." You should be able to use your favorite VTT with it. No special partnerships between Foundry and Demiplane have been announced.

Nexus is also doing the new Marvel Superheroes game, correct?


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Terevalis Unctio of House Mysti wrote:
Nexus is also doing the new Marvel Superheroes game, correct?

Correct


Color me interested.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

While I think this is awesome in general, I'm just about done with the second book for AV so this is just shy of a complete waste of money for me which disappoints me immensely because of the amount of time that goes into setting up each floor.

Is there ANY way that the AV Foundry module can get split up so it'll be a little cheaper for the people currently running it?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber
Maliloki wrote:

While I think this is awesome in general, I'm just about done with the second book for AV so this is just shy of a complete waste of money for me which disappoints me immensely because of the amount of time that goes into setting up each floor.

Is there ANY way that the AV Foundry module can get split up so it'll be a little cheaper for the people currently running it?

I'm in the same boat (just finished book 2 with one group and book 1 with another). I'm happy to buy the complete package but I'm a little perturbed that it is sounding like I would also have to purchase the compiled PDF despite owning the 3 books and PDFs through my subscription.

It would be nice if there was some options for the people who subscribe to the AP line to get access to this without having to buy the hardcover PDF. I'm not asking that it be free or anything, but subscribers wanting to purchase the Foundry module shouldn't be punished for being "early supporters" of the AP line.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
Maliloki wrote:

While I think this is awesome in general, I'm just about done with the second book for AV so this is just shy of a complete waste of money for me which disappoints me immensely because of the amount of time that goes into setting up each floor.

Is there ANY way that the AV Foundry module can get split up so it'll be a little cheaper for the people currently running it?

In the case of AV, is there any indication we can't use pdf importer still for the non-collected versions? There won't be new content added, but my impression was all the old content would still be available.

And it doesn't take that long to set up maps with the importer. The only thing I've noticed is they do a bad job concealing secret doors, so I have to tweak those. But walls, lightning, enemy placement... All that is taken care of automatically. (Actually I can't remember if lighting is set up, but that barely matters compared to walls.) Actually if you want to go extra you can sink some time into lootable treasure caches, but that's definitely not necessary. (I hope it is included in the paid version, though!)


I picked up Punks for Foundry yesterday and I'm impressed. The price point is cheap enough (considering you get the pdf with it) that I would've been happy with it being just being taking out the labour out of extracting maps, setting up walls etc. But it goes beyond that with background music, macros, and the AP presented as a flowing and excellent interlinked journal.

Good job team.


Pathfinder Pawns, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Can't wait until they get Agents of Edgewatch and Extinction Curse set up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Captain Morgan wrote:
Maliloki wrote:

While I think this is awesome in general, I'm just about done with the second book for AV so this is just shy of a complete waste of money for me which disappoints me immensely because of the amount of time that goes into setting up each floor.

Is there ANY way that the AV Foundry module can get split up so it'll be a little cheaper for the people currently running it?

In the case of AV, is there any indication we can't use pdf importer still for the non-collected versions? There won't be new content added, but my impression was all the old content would still be available.

And it doesn't take that long to set up maps with the importer. The only thing I've noticed is they do a bad job concealing secret doors, so I have to tweak those. But walls, lightning, enemy placement... All that is taken care of automatically. (Actually I can't remember if lighting is set up, but that barely matters compared to walls.) Actually if you want to go extra you can sink some time into lootable treasure caches, but that's definitely not necessary. (I hope it is included in the paid version, though!)

Yes. We can absolutely continue using the PDF to Foundry Importer. No need to rush out and buy anything. Finish what you've been running the way you've been running it - that's what I plan to do.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ravingdork wrote:
Can't wait until they get Agents of Edgewatch and Extinction Curse set up.

Those are both freely available on PDF to Foundry. While it may not be as pretty as what's coming out officially, they are all perfectly serviceable and well done (not to mention, free if you already own a PDF of the adventures).

You don't need to wait to start playing Pathfinder on Foundry.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

From what I'm understanding that's not even remotely a priority, sadly we will have to continue making it on our own or use fantasy grounds vtt. It has premium content for starfinder already.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
Sleepingduck84 wrote:
From what I'm understanding that's not even remotely a priority, sadly we will have to continue making it on our own or use fantasy grounds vtt. It has premium content for starfinder already.

Who are you responding to?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Any idea if the Abomination Vault AP Foundry Module will give the discount to previous owners of the pdfs? I read when this blog came out that it was only planned to give a discount to owners of the New PDF of the 3 books together but I dont really know if it has changed. Or a discount on the new PDF?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
LuisESR021199 wrote:
Any idea if the Abomination Vault AP Foundry Module will give the discount to previous owners of the pdfs? I read when this blog came out that it was only planned to give a discount to owners of the New PDF of the 3 books together but I dont really know if it has changed. Or a discount on the new PDF?

As far as they have said, the Foundry VTT module for AV is based on the new compilation hardcover coming out at the end of this month, and you'll only get the discount for the module if you buy the compilation's .PDF. The discount doesn't apply if you bought the original run's .PDFs.

Unfortunately, this seems most likely a website limitation than anything else. Simply tying the discount to whether or not you possess a single .PDF on your account is a lot easier to do than for the discount to also check if you have 3 specific .PDFs as part of your account. Paizo's website is already notorious for being behind-the-curve technologically-speaking, so expecting them to pull something like the above off is way beyond their current capabilities.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So I'm going to assume no one else has this problem, but for me its been a big issue. The Punks in a Powderkeg module seems to be stopping the Bestiary and Hazards compendiums from loading. I've tried disabling all other modules and that is the only one causing issues.

Needless to say this is a problem because a) players don't always stick to the rails and b) summoning spells kinda rely on being able to quickly filter through the bestiary.


Super exciting. I am looking to get into Starfinder. Is there any chance that this official support will happen for Starfinder as well in the near future? Asking as I was thinking of just doing things on Fantasy Grounds as I don't want to manually setup tokens and other things in Foundry.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

So now that AV is released for Foundy VTT, what and when are next? Is the a release schedule at all?

Silver Crusade

I'm guessing Fists of the Ruby Phoenix.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber
Rysky wrote:
I'm guessing Fists of the Ruby Phoenix.

Seems like a safe bet, considering everything.

I do hope they can figure out a way to get the other older content onto Foundry eventually. I'd love to plug-and-play all of them on my favorite VTT. In the meantime, I'll try my best to buy as many of the modules as I can reasonably afford.


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

I really want to see more modules get this treatment because a friend picked up AV to run and I have been pretty impressed. It's really nice.


Malk_Content wrote:

So I'm going to assume no one else has this problem, but for me its been a big issue. The Punks in a Powderkeg module seems to be stopping the Bestiary and Hazards compendiums from loading. I've tried disabling all other modules and that is the only one causing issues.

Needless to say this is a problem because a) players don't always stick to the rails and b) summoning spells kinda rely on being able to quickly filter through the bestiary.

I think I remember reading about a similar problem in the Foundry PF2e discord (highly recommend it if you're using Foundry) and it was a bug with the Alkenstar Module. You should be able to disable the Alkenstar module after it has imported everything, which should fix the bug.

You only need to have the AP module enabled to import all the scenes and stuff, disable it while you're running the game. Hope the fix for your bug is that simple!

151 to 194 of 194 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Second Edition / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: Paizo And Foundry Virtual Tabletop Content Partnership All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.