Draw Your Weapon with the Pathfinder Magic Armaments Deck!

Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Available in print and digital download on Wednesday, April 7!

Pathfinder Magic Armaments Deck box mockup and card examples over a purple textured background

A hero collects treasure at every step of their journey, and no treasure is more prized than mighty magic weapons and incredible enchanted armor. The Pathfinder Magic Armaments Deck contains 110 cards detailing every magic armor, weapon, and shield in the Pathfinder Core Rulebook, along with runes and special materials. Each card features statistics, descriptions, and beautiful full-color illustrations. Whether you're a GM building a cache of loot for the heroes to find, or a player taking the next steps of a hero's journey, the Magic Armaments Deck keeps your fantastic gear at your fingertips!

Magic Armaments Deck Adamantine Armor card art featuring a silver empty suit of armor with red and gold detailing Adamantine Armor back of card stats
Magic Armaments Deck Energy Resistant Card Art featuring a stone with runes carved in it Magic Armaments Deck Energy Resistant Back of card stats

The Pathfinder Magic Armaments Deck compliments the Pathfinder Adventure Gear Deck and Pathfinder Weapons & Armor Deck, available now, and the Pathfinder Potions and Talismans Deck,, coming April 28. Collect them all and ensure you get future releases with the Pathfinder Accessories Subscription!

Order the Pathfinder Magic Armaments Deck!

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Pathfinder Second Edition

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I have these in hand and man I love what Paizo is doing with the Card Accessories.

Spells, Gear, Alchemical Items? Yes! Even Rune Cards!

one of the things I didn't expect was to get cards for the material components too in this deck.

Well done, very well done.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'd love to see item & spell cards for the stand-alone modules & APs. That way you can include them into your loot tables if you wanted to.


Hey, you guys drew weapons first!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Yrrej86 wrote:
I'd love to see item & spell cards for the stand-alone modules & APs. That way you can include them into your loot tables if you wanted to.

Yes!

Bestiary cards too would be epic for monsters that are in the AP's, even if they do wind up in a Bestiary later I would still pick these up.

I would think of them as booster packs.


Yoshua wrote:
Yrrej86 wrote:
I'd love to see item & spell cards for the stand-alone modules & APs. That way you can include them into your loot tables if you wanted to.

Yes!

Bestiary cards too would be epic for monsters that are in the AP's, even if they do wind up in a Bestiary later I would still pick these up.

I would think of them as booster packs.

Booster Packs! That would definitely work!

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber

Might not be financially possible tbh. "boosters" packs will cost more "per card" to produce than full decks. Even if they do find a way to make enough cards for each AP to do a full deck, they still need people to dedicate time to produce/edit/design/the whole pipeline for a smaller return on investment, as these will be more of a niche product.

I would love them, but I wouldn't hold my breath. :/

BTW, I REALLY like the fact each rune has its own card/drawing, and that we can see these same runes on magic items using them!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Elfteiroh wrote:

Might not be financially possible tbh. "boosters" packs will cost more "per card" to produce than full decks. Even if they do find a way to make enough cards for each AP to do a full deck, they still need people to dedicate time to produce/edit/design/the whole pipeline for a smaller return on investment, as these will be more of a niche product.

I would love them, but I wouldn't hold my breath. :/

BTW, I REALLY like the fact each rune has its own card/drawing, and that we can see these same runes on magic items using them!

Agreed! The runes were a great surprise for me.

As for holding my breath? Nah. But it won't stop me from talking about it each time a card product pops up :D

Second best is if the spells from AP's show up in the next magic book which we ARE getting cards for. Downside is we will need this kind of an update 1-2 times a year to get the spells from cards.

Not to mention I am most definitely holding my breath for Ancestry/Class Feat cards.... been turning blue for months

Horizon Hunters

Yrrej86 wrote:
Yoshua wrote:
Yrrej86 wrote:
I'd love to see item & spell cards for the stand-alone modules & APs. That way you can include them into your loot tables if you wanted to.

Yes!

Bestiary cards too would be epic for monsters that are in the AP's, even if they do wind up in a Bestiary later I would still pick these up.

I would think of them as booster packs.

Booster Packs! That would definitely work!

This is the reason I don’t buy the bestiary cards - and the reason I don’t play an AP until the pawns are released. I want all the accessories to be present when I start, and if I have to do things half way - like some bestiary cards and some looked up in books - then it’s just not worth it. I see the same thing happening with these treasure cards.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Krull Felhammer wrote:
Yrrej86 wrote:
Yoshua wrote:
Yrrej86 wrote:
I'd love to see item & spell cards for the stand-alone modules & APs. That way you can include them into your loot tables if you wanted to.

Yes!

Bestiary cards too would be epic for monsters that are in the AP's, even if they do wind up in a Bestiary later I would still pick these up.

I would think of them as booster packs.

Booster Packs! That would definitely work!
This is the reason I don’t buy the bestiary cards - and the reason I don’t play an AP until the pawns are released. I want all the accessories to be present when I start, and if I have to do things half way - like some bestiary cards and some looked up in books - then it’s just not worth it. I see the same thing happening with these treasure cards.

Totally get that. I like the Bestiary cards though because each card has a visual of the monster and I can show it to the players. Not having the sets from the AP's is a bummer but the vast majority of monsters in the AP are from the Bestiaries so it works well.

As for the spells not covered by the cards, well for me the cards are for my younger and inexperienced players. By the time they get to custom abilities from an adventure path it is usually a few books in before those things start showing up and I hope that they have a grip on their character before those things start showing up.

The cards for ME is because I enjoy having the visuals in front of me. Wish we had booster packs that covered all the extras from adventures, but I am absolutely ecstatic that they are making them at all. For P1 I was making my own and it was very time consuming. I can still make custom cards if something comes from an adventure path I want covered too.

Grand Archive

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Pathfinder Accessories, Rulebook Subscriber

Yeah, having arts for everything they didn't have space for art in the book is the main draw for the cards for me. :P
Seeing as most "special for that AP" stuff also comes with a picture in that AP, I'm less eager for them to be in card form.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Second Edition / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: Draw Your Weapon with the Pathfinder Magic Armaments Deck! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.