Stream Overlays for Pathfinder 2E & Starfinder

Friday, May 22, 2020

Hi everyone!

With groups coming together online to make their own tabletop RPG livestream shows for both Pathfinder and Starfinder, I wanted to share the overlays that we use in our streams so those without access to artists can take their live streams to the next level. So please enjoy these free Starfinder & Pathfinder stream overlay assets (while also following Paizo’s Community Use Policy).

Included will be a character stat block and a modifiable stream overlay!

To get an idea of how to use these overlays, check out the Pathfinder: Band of Bravos and Starfinder: X.T.R.E.M.! actual-play shows.


These overlays are not an extension to Roll20 or Fantasy Grounds, but are instead multiple layers of images used in streaming software like OBS or Xsplit.

Next up we have the download links for the stat blocks and overlays. These are .PSD files to allow those with compatible software to edit them as they please. Please note that we cannot distribute the fonts we use on our streams, so we recommend checking out Google Fonts and similar repositories to find something more in line with your game’s look and feel.

Pathfinder Stream Overlay: (Download Link Here)

The Pathfinder stream overlay! The file is easily adjustable for your virtual tabletop needs.


Pathfinder Character Block: (Download Link Here)

The Pathfinder character block, for when you wanna show off how powerful your players are!


Starfinder Stream Overlay: (Download Link Here)

The Starfinder stream overlay! Adjustable for all of your space-faring needs.


Starfinder Character Block: (Download Link here)

The Starfinder character block, the best way to present how diverse your party is!

I hope you find these overlays useful! Let me know if you are interested in different variations of these to use in your own streams, and please tag us social media using either #Starfinder or #Pathfinder2E when posting about them on social media.

I would love to see what you do with these templates! For those starting their own Pathfinder or Starfinder live plays on a virtual tabletop, feel free to share it in the comments below!

Payton Smith,
Social Media Producer

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Paizo Twitch Pathfinder Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Pathfinder Second Edition Starfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game
Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Maps, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Neato!

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Y'all doing the Lords work posting this info. Thanks for sharing!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Love how you guys do this. I am not a streamer but its things like this that set Paizo apart as an awesome company.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path Subscriber

Thanks for sharing these! This will be fantastic!

Heads up to those who don't have Photoshop and just use GIMP: The editable files are not compatible out of the box. GIMP certainly opens the files, but not in a helpful way. Pretty sure all the layer masks get stripped out. Not entirely positive how to put them back.

Sidenote: Did we ever figure out how the community use rules apply to streaming? Like whether official maps could be used in streamed VTT games and whatnot?


Aww yis, if I get the Airship of Awesomeness back together I can use these! This will work so much better than the one I had, thank you Lorn!


While I won't be immediately making use of these myself, I think it is absolutely fabulous and very generous that you are sharing them.

Thank you!

Dark Archive

Thanks, Payton! These are fantastic, and it's a real class act from you guys to share them with us for free! :)

I have another question concerning Band of Bravos; will it be possible at some point of time to purchase Jason's amazing maps, maybe as a "Band of Bravos bundle" or something? Or perhaps even in smaller packages, such as "Episodes 1-6", "Episodes 7-12" etcetera?

As a former graphic designer I appreciate the work Jason has put into those maps. Not only are they fantastic design-wise, because Jason is one of the best map-designers in the gaming industry, it's also taken a lot of work to get all the groundwork done. This has required artistry, Photoshop skills plus plenty of raw talent. The end result are those beautiful, well-designed, top-notch professional old skool style maps I can only admire! Bravo, Jason! :)

Paizo Employee Social Media Producer

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Asgetrion wrote:

Thanks, Payton! These are fantastic, and it's a real class act from you guys to share them with us for free! :)

I have another question concerning Band of Bravos; will it be possible at some point of time to purchase Jason's amazing maps, maybe as a "Band of Bravos bundle" or something? Or perhaps even in smaller packages, such as "Episodes 1-6", "Episodes 7-12" etcetera?

As a former graphic designer I appreciate the work Jason has put into those maps. Not only are they fantastic design-wise, because Jason is one of the best map-designers in the gaming industry, it's also taken a lot of work to get all the groundwork done. This has required artistry, Photoshop skills plus plenty of raw talent. The end result are those beautiful, well-designed, top-notch professional old skool style maps I can only admire! Bravo, Jason! :)

I can't speak for Jason. But the more people who message him on social media about it, the more he may feel inclined to do so. We're glad you like the maps though!

Cyder wrote:
Love how you guys do this. I am not a streamer but its things like this that set Paizo apart as an awesome company.

Thank you, we appreciate it!

When I first got hired here I really wanted to give up and coming streamers something they could use. And I'm glad that we as a company was able to give something. It might not be much, but it's a start of more things to come.

RPG Superstar Season 9 Top 16

This is really cool. It inspires me to make my own overlay for my stream that I've been doing for the past two years

Dark Archive

Payton Smith wrote:
Asgetrion wrote:

Thanks, Payton! These are fantastic, and it's a real class act from you guys to share them with us for free! :)

I have another question concerning Band of Bravos; will it be possible at some point of time to purchase Jason's amazing maps, maybe as a "Band of Bravos bundle" or something? Or perhaps even in smaller packages, such as "Episodes 1-6", "Episodes 7-12" etcetera?

As a former graphic designer I appreciate the work Jason has put into those maps. Not only are they fantastic design-wise, because Jason is one of the best map-designers in the gaming industry, it's also taken a lot of work to get all the groundwork done. This has required artistry, Photoshop skills plus plenty of raw talent. The end result are those beautiful, well-designed, top-notch professional old skool style maps I can only admire! Bravo, Jason! :)

I can't speak for Jason. But the more people who message him on social media about it, the more he may feel inclined to do so. We're glad you like the maps though!

Hi Payton! And thanks for your reply. Alas, I do not have any social media accounts, so I personally cannot persuade Jason to do that. That's true, I'm not even on Facebook, so I can only hope other BoB fans will contact him. :/


Asgetrion wrote:
Payton Smith wrote:
Asgetrion wrote:

Thanks, Payton! These are fantastic, and it's a real class act from you guys to share them with us for free! :)

I have another question concerning Band of Bravos; will it be possible at some point of time to purchase Jason's amazing maps, maybe as a "Band of Bravos bundle" or something? Or perhaps even in smaller packages, such as "Episodes 1-6", "Episodes 7-12" etcetera?

As a former graphic designer I appreciate the work Jason has put into those maps. Not only are they fantastic design-wise, because Jason is one of the best map-designers in the gaming industry, it's also taken a lot of work to get all the groundwork done. This has required artistry, Photoshop skills plus plenty of raw talent. The end result are those beautiful, well-designed, top-notch professional old skool style maps I can only admire! Bravo, Jason! :)

I can't speak for Jason. But the more people who message him on social media about it, the more he may feel inclined to do so. We're glad you like the maps though!
Hi Payton! And thanks for your reply. Alas, I do not have any social media accounts, so I personally cannot persuade Jason to do that. That's true, I'm not even on Facebook, so I can only hope other BoB fans will contact him. :/

I watch Jason streams on Twitch and he has two tilesets that are mostly and will be putting on the Roll20 marketplace.

Grand Archive

Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Creative Burst wrote:
Asgetrion wrote:
Payton Smith wrote:
Asgetrion wrote:

Thanks, Payton! These are fantastic, and it's a real class act from you guys to share them with us for free! :)

I have another question concerning Band of Bravos; will it be possible at some point of time to purchase Jason's amazing maps, maybe as a "Band of Bravos bundle" or something? Or perhaps even in smaller packages, such as "Episodes 1-6", "Episodes 7-12" etcetera?

As a former graphic designer I appreciate the work Jason has put into those maps. Not only are they fantastic design-wise, because Jason is one of the best map-designers in the gaming industry, it's also taken a lot of work to get all the groundwork done. This has required artistry, Photoshop skills plus plenty of raw talent. The end result are those beautiful, well-designed, top-notch professional old skool style maps I can only admire! Bravo, Jason! :)

I can't speak for Jason. But the more people who message him on social media about it, the more he may feel inclined to do so. We're glad you like the maps though!
Hi Payton! And thanks for your reply. Alas, I do not have any social media accounts, so I personally cannot persuade Jason to do that. That's true, I'm not even on Facebook, so I can only hope other BoB fans will contact him. :/
I watch Jason streams on Twitch and he has two tilesets that are mostly and will be putting on the Roll20 marketplace.

He’s also looking at releasing them for Fantasy Ground.

BTW, I don’t know for the first ones of the show, but all the recent maps was made using his tilesets he is making. So you won’t have the exact maps, but you’ll have all the pieces to reproduce them, or even better, make your own with that same style. :3

That’s also a test he’s doing right now, to see how they sell, and he might do more if they are popular


Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Very cool! Thank you!


Oh my, this is amazing!

Liberty's Edge

Gah, I was excited then I realized it was a PSD file.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Noven wrote:
Gah, I was excited then I realized it was a PSD file.

You can open it with GIMP and then convert. That's what I've been doing to build myself a streaming overlay for PaizoCon Online shenanigans this week. :-D


I noticed there's a wizard character and a rouge in the stat blocks. Are the others buried in the layers somewhere?

Paizo Employee Social Media Producer

kaffien wrote:
I noticed there's a wizard character and a rouge in the stat blocks. Are the others buried in the layers somewhere?

I know we left some of the art used to make the shows in there so people can use them as references when making their own graphics.

Community / Forums / Streaming & Actual Play / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: Stream Overlays for Pathfinder 2E & Starfinder All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion