Organized Play Associate
About a month ago, we put out the call for an associate to join the organized play team. Our community heard the request and many folks sent in resumes. Alas, we could only choose one person to join our team. After some deliberation, we asked Alex Speidel, the venture-agent from Cleveland, Ohio. It will take a bit for him to relocate, but we expect to have him join us in Redmond before the end of the month. When he arrives, we’ll have him introduce himself in further detail. But for now, a huge thank you to all those who applied for the position, we appreciate your interest, time and effort expended in applying, and a huge welcome to Alex.
We also have a change coming in the Regional Venture-Coordinator (RVC) ranks. Last August, we had a few of the original RVC team, Bob Jonquet and Del Collins, step back from the role as well as a relocation. Dan Simons moved from Germany to the USA. At that time, it was determined there was a need to rearranging the borders and add several new regions to better serve the organized play community. Looking back, it looks like there wasn’t an announcement of those changes, so we thought this blog the perfect time to rectify my omissions. A fully updated list of the regions appears here and on the Organzied Play website at www.organizedplayfoundation.org/organized-play-regions/.
- Dominick Trascritti, VC Tampa, replaced Del as RVC Gulf.
- Brent Bowser, lately VC Cincinnati, replaced Bob as RVC Great Lakes.
- Nils Janson, VC Rhein Mein, replaced Dan as RVC Central Europe
- Benôit Gros, Troy Schnack, Ian Hawthorne, Daniel Flood, and Jack Brown all stepped into RVC roles in new regions.
And now, we must say goodbye to Todd Morgan, as RVC Great Plains, as he moves into a new role organizing the Venture-Officer discord channel. O.J. Pinckert, VC Colorado Springs, agreed to step up to fill the RVC role. We wish Todd the best in his new endeavors and welcome O.J. to the RVC team!
Huge thank you to all the volunteers! Without their efforts, there would be no Society play. Three cheers for all they do!
Organized Play Regions
- Appalachian (United States): Regional Venture-Coordinator David Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org): Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia
- Asia-Pacific (Asia, United States): Regional Venture-Coordinator Stephen White (email@example.com): China, Hawaii, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Okinawa, Philippines, Singapore, and Eastern Asia
- Baltic (Europe, Asia): Regional Venture-Coordinator Auke Teeninga (firstname.lastname@example.org): Belarus, Belgium (Flemish), Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, South Africa, and Sweden.
- Central (Europe): Regional Venture-Coordinator Nils Janson (email@example.com): Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine
- Francia (Europe): Regional Venture Coordinator Benoit Gros (firstname.lastname@example.org): Belgium (Wallonia), France, Quebec, and Switzerland
- Great Lakes (United States & Canada): Regional Venture-Coordinator Brent Bowser (email@example.com): Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri (St. Louis only), Ohio, Ontario
- Great Plains (United States & Canada): Regional Venture-Coordinator O.J. Pinckert (firstname.lastname@example.org):, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Saskatchewan, South Dakota, and Wyoming
- Gulf (United States): Regional Venture-Coordinator Dominick Trascritti (email@example.com): Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas
- Isles (Europe): Regional Venture-Coordinator Ian Hawthorne (firstname.lastname@example.org): Ireland and the United Kingdom
- Mediterranean (Europe, Asia): Regional Venture-Coordinator Dave Harrison (email@example.com): Croatia, Israel, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates
- Northeast (United States, Canada): Regional Venture-Coordinator Dan Simons (firstname.lastname@example.org): Atlantic Canada, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington, D.C.
- Northwest (United States, Canada): Regional Venture-Coordinator Walter Sheppard (email@example.com): Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington
- River (United States): Regional Venture-Coordinator Troy Schnack (firstname.lastname@example.org): Arkansas, Iowa, and Missouri (except St. Louis)
- South Pacific (Australia): Regional Venture Coordinator Daniel Flood (email@example.com): Australia, Fiji, New Zealand, Rarotonga, and Vanuatu.
- Southwest (United States, Central & South America): Regional Venture-Coordinator Eric Brittain (firstname.lastname@example.org): Argentina, Arizona, Brazil, California, Chile, Mexico, Nevada, New Mexico, Uruguay, and Utah
- Upper Midwest (United States & Canada): Regional Venture-Coordinator Jack Brown (email@example.com): Manitoba, Minnesota, and Wisconsin
- Online: Regional Venture-Coordinator Jesse Davis (Jesse@PathfinderSocietyOnline.com)
Check back later today pfor the Organized Play Foundation’s call to volunteer at some major conventions around the globe.
Don’t forget to come back next week for the scenario previews!
Until next time—Explore, Report, Cooperate!
Organized Play Manager
Organized Play: New Faces, New Places
Friday, February 14, 2020