Bestiary 2 Coming in April

Bestiary 2 Coming in April

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

More than 350 new monsters are coming to your campaign in April with the release of the Pathfinder Bestiary 2...but you don’t have to wait that long to see the amazing cover illustration by artist Wayne Reynolds!

Bestiary 2: Coming in April

This 320-page hardcover rulebook greatly expands on the foes found in the Pathfinder Bestiary. From classic creatures like serpentfolk and jabberwock, returning favorites like the primal dragons or the Sandpoint devil, to brand new menaces sure to test even the bravest of heroes, this must-have tome of monsters designed to challenge characters of any level is an essential companion to your Pathfinder game!

It’s never too early to invite these monsters to your table, so preorder your regular or deluxe edition today! The Bestiary 2 will also be part of the Pathfinder Rulebook subscription, so start yours now and never worry about missing the next great addition to your game.

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Bestiary 2 Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Pathfinder Second Edition
51 to 70 of 70 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

I do like the cover!


I wish they put two or more types of true dragons per Bestiary this time (at least until Paizo "catches up").

...Any other Imperial Dragons fans here?


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Is this the book where we get Flumphs?

I would understand if bestiary 2 is missing Flumphs if it's because they are getting their own hardcover called Ultimate Flumphs

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Tender Tendrils wrote:

Is this the book where we get Flumphs?

I would understand if bestiary 2 is missing Flumphs if it's because they are getting their own hardcover called Ultimate Flumphs

*crosses fingers*


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Tender Tendrils wrote:

Is this the book where we get Flumphs?

I would understand if bestiary 2 is missing Flumphs if it's because they are getting their own hardcover called Ultimate Flumphs

But...I was under the impression it was going to be the Advanced Flumph Guide...


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Feros wrote:
Tender Tendrils wrote:

Is this the book where we get Flumphs?

I would understand if bestiary 2 is missing Flumphs if it's because they are getting their own hardcover called Ultimate Flumphs

But...I was under the impression it was going to be the Advanced Flumph Guide...

I thought it would be Lost Omens Flumph Guide


3 people marked this as a favorite.

What?! No Flumph Codex !? (˚0˚)!!!

;p


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Now announcing pre-orders for the Playtest of Pathfinder: Flumph Edition


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Will it let me play a flumph druid with a flumph animal companion? Can I then multiclass into wizard and get a flumph familiar?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Animism wrote:

What?! No Flumph Codex !? (˚0˚)!!!

;p

Don't worry; they're just delaying the release so it can come out alongside Flumph Adventures. You know, so you have flumphs your flumphs can, erm, flumph.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Perpdepog wrote:
You know, so you have flumphs your flumphs can, erm, flumph.

Hey thats disgusting, this is supposed to be a family friendly forum.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tender Tendrils wrote:
Perpdepog wrote:
You know, so you have flumphs your flumphs can, erm, flumph.
Hey thats disgusting, this is supposed to be a family friendly forum.

??? . . . (˚0˚)!!!


I'm hoping we get some more high level humanoids in this one... Unless the monster creation rules or GMG guide can cover us for that.


Captain Morgan wrote:
I'm hoping we get some more high level humanoids in this one... Unless the monster creation rules or GMG guide can cover us for that.

My bet is we'll get a lot of our higher level humanoids in the NPC Codex or equivalent. If generating monsters in 2E is similar to Starfinder in that you generate from lists of tables and grafts you could even make generic NPC statblocks and then swap out the actual ancestry as required.


Perpdepog wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:
I'm hoping we get some more high level humanoids in this one... Unless the monster creation rules or GMG guide can cover us for that.
My bet is we'll get a lot of our higher level humanoids in the NPC Codex or equivalent. If generating monsters in 2E is similar to Starfinder in that you generate from lists of tables and grafts you could even make generic NPC statblocks and then swap out the actual ancestry as required.

We are definitely getting something like that in the GMG. I'm just not sure if that's gonna be the only big NPC influx. I'm also just hoping it comes with more high level options.


Captain Morgan wrote:
Perpdepog wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:
I'm hoping we get some more high level humanoids in this one... Unless the monster creation rules or GMG guide can cover us for that.
My bet is we'll get a lot of our higher level humanoids in the NPC Codex or equivalent. If generating monsters in 2E is similar to Starfinder in that you generate from lists of tables and grafts you could even make generic NPC statblocks and then swap out the actual ancestry as required.
We are definitely getting something like that in the GMG. I'm just not sure if that's gonna be the only big NPC influx. I'm also just hoping it comes with more high level options.

Agreed there, especially because it seems like 1 to 20 is a climb that is easier, or at least going to be more well-supported in this edition.

I am also a shameless fan of monster stat porn, I admit it. Gimme Archdevils and Demon Lords again, pls.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

I really hope we get some Oni in this book, I dig what I've heard about them in Pathfinder 1e and I love asian mythology flavored options and monsters.


The-Magic-Sword wrote:
I really hope we get some Oni in this book, I dig what I've heard about them in Pathfinder 1e and I love asian mythology flavored options and monsters.

Along that vein, I would love if we get the Kanabo from Starfinder, it was nice to get some connective tissue between Hobgobins and the Oni.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Tender Tendrils wrote:
The-Magic-Sword wrote:
I really hope we get some Oni in this book, I dig what I've heard about them in Pathfinder 1e and I love asian mythology flavored options and monsters.
Along that vein, I would love if we get the Kanabo from Starfinder, it was nice to get some connective tissue between Hobgobins and the Oni.

Likely, since we also had them in P1 (as Templates rather than a full on playable race mind).


Interesting insights.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
Tender Tendrils wrote:
The-Magic-Sword wrote:
I really hope we get some Oni in this book, I dig what I've heard about them in Pathfinder 1e and I love asian mythology flavored options and monsters.
Along that vein, I would love if we get the Kanabo from Starfinder, it was nice to get some connective tissue between Hobgobins and the Oni.
Likely, since we also had them in P1 (as Templates rather than a full on playable race mind).

A future hobgobber heritage, maybe? Or ancestry feats to represent your power coming forth?

51 to 70 of 70 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Second Edition / Paizo Products / Paizo Blog: Bestiary 2 Coming in April All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.