This week, the Starfinder Society team previews upcoming plans for the campaign. Given that we’re getting well underway with our second season of play, it’s time to talk about something that’s been on everyone’s mind: what’s happening with our First Seeker?
Since the beginning of the Year of Scoured Stars, Luwazi Elsebo has led the Society, tirelessly working to maintain the organization. With the climactic conclusion of the Scoured Stars storyline in Starfinder Society #2-00: Fate of the Scoured God, Luwazi declared her intentions on stepping down from leadership. Having accomplished the mission of keeping the Society together and stopping the threat from the Scoured Stars, she completed her First Seeker mandate. Recognizing the need for a proper transition of leadership, Luwazi will oversee the election to get a new First Seeker, then retire.
This is where all of you come in.
Arriving at the end of September, Starfinder Society #2-07: Four for the First, is a new scenario that’s set to introduce us to the four candidates vying for First Seeker. These candidates aren’t just random NPCs, but are characters who have been selected from among members of our campaign—we told you that Second Seekers boon would be important! This scenario sets the stage for allowing our campaign members to vote on their desired choice for the Society’s future leader. Since Four for the First is so important, we wanted to make sure we got the word out well in advance, so everyone has time to prepare. Now, let’s go over some of the key dates.
- September 20th - we’ll be doing our normal scenario preview blogs that highlights Four for the First and the other monthly release. This blog will include a non-active link to a survey page.
- September 25th - Starfinder Society #2-07: Four for the First releases to the public. At the same time, the associated survey page goes live. Players from across the world can vote on their preferred candidate, helping shape the future of the Starfinder Society campaign!
- November 19th at 11:59 PST - the survey closes. This gives our community two full months to play Starfinder Society #2-07: Four for the First and vote for one of the First Seeker candidates.
- Sometime in early 2020, we’ll reveal the results of the vote, which will help to shape the direction of Starfinder Society’s third year of play, scheduled for launch at Origins Game Faire June 17th 2020.
Exciting times ahead!
Just as we’ve revealed some information now to make organizers lives much easier, the team would also like to take an opportunity to discuss some key points about Four for the First.
- This scenario is structured much like a quest pack, where the PCs get to perform a mission of importance to each of the First Seeker candidates.
- Since so much of this scenario involves the PCs getting to know specific candidates and the types of missions to expect from them, this scenario somewhat eases the restrictions on run time. If you want to play this scenario over two sessions to make sure none of the interactions feel rushed, please do so.
- Because we want players to get to know the candidates, and understand that may take multiple play-throughs, Four for the First will be a repeatable scenario.
- Though players may experience the scenario multiple times, only one vote per player counts.
Ok, so that’s a lot of information, but we really wanted to get it out there as soon as possible. We look forward to the upcoming release of Four for the First because it’s really going to take the living aspect of the Starfinder Society to the next level.
Until next time,
Starfinder Society Developer
Choosing the Future Path
Wednesday, August 14, 2019