Paizo Advantage and Subscription Updates

Thursday, June 27, 2019

It’s rare for Paizo to make changes to its subscription program, but with the release of Pathfinder Second Edition on the horizon, we’re taking this opportunity to make some improvements. Here’s what will happen:

Paizo Advantage: The 15% discount remains, but how you get it changes. You need to subscribe to 4 product lines to become eligible, but you can mix and match both Pathfinder and Starfinder subscriptions. Your discount starts after your 4th subscription has been charged to your account.

Current Pathfinder Adventure Path subscribers keep their 15% discount. If you ever cancel your subscription, you need to meet the new criteria for the Paizo Advantage to get the discount.

It’s not too late! If you subscribe to the Pathfinder Adventure Path before July 3, and receive Pathfinder AP #144 as part of your subscription, you’ll lock in the 15% Paizo Advantage discount!

New—Society Bonus: If you have 4 subscriptions, you get your choice of either the Pathfinder Society Scenarios or the Starfinder Society Scenarios for free. If you have 6 subscriptions, you get both.

Free PDFs: No change; these remain part of the subscription program.

Subscription Changes: The following subscriptions are changing to better reflect their contents under Second Edition:

  • Lost Omens (formerly Pathfinder Campaign Setting) is your home for the Golarion line, including the Lost Omens World Guide, Lost Omens Character Guide, and future hardcover releases. The Lost Omens subscription offers players and GMs the same kind of content found in the previous Campaign Setting line, but its larger, less frequent hardcover books examine their topics in even greater depth.
  • Pathfinder Adventure (formerly Pathfinder Modules) contains all the great standalone adventures you’re looking for. The first release is the Fall of Plaguestone, and we expect this line to have 2–3 releases each year.
  • Pathfinder Accessories is a new line containing products like the Combat Pad, Condition Cards, GM Screen, Critical Hit Deck, Critical Fumble Deck, and more.
  • Player Companion is cancelled. You’ll find that material in the Lost Omens line now. The last book for this line was Chronicle of Legends.

Thanks again for supporting Paizo through your subscriptions to the Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Adventure Card Game product lines!

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Pathfinder Second Edition Starfinder
1 to 50 of 104 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

*looks at subs* HUZZAH!

(Yes, some of mine don't count but it's all cool.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I love the flexibility of this approach. Any combination of six subscriptions nets maximum benefits.

I guess this means that they will have to actually formally kill the Player Companion line to stop it from counting for this purpose? Meeting the new requirements would be absurdly easy if "dead" subscriptions count.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Looks good...wait...FREE PATHFINDER SOCIETY SCENARIOS?!?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber

Glad I subbed for Return of the Runelords

:D May pick up a few more subs too with the free society scenarios!

Scarab Sages

The email says though that not all subscriptions count towards this four and six count. Here is the specific part cut and pasted:

Quote:

All of the following subscriptions qualify towards the Paizo Advantage:

Pathfinder Rulebook (formerly Roleplaying Game)
Pathfinder Adventure Path
Pathfinder Adventure (formerly Modules)
Pathfinder Lost Omens (formerly Campaign Setting)
Pathfinder Maps
Pathfinder Accessories
Starfinder Roleplaying Game
Starfinder Adventure Path
Starfinder Maps
Starfinder Accessories

Notice that neither Starfinder or Pathfinder Pawn subscriptions are listed. Is the email in error, or do all subscriptions count as this blog post seems to say?

It's quite specifically relevant to me because I have six subscriptions, but one of those is Pathfinder Pawns, so whether it counts or not really matters.


Pathfinder Card Game, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Woo hoo, I was hoping something like this would happen. Now I've got some decisions to make...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Duiker wrote:

The email says though that not all subscriptions count towards this four and six count. Here is the specific part cut and pasted:

Quote:

All of the following subscriptions qualify towards the Paizo Advantage:

Pathfinder Rulebook (formerly Roleplaying Game)
Pathfinder Adventure Path
Pathfinder Adventure (formerly Modules)
Pathfinder Lost Omens (formerly Campaign Setting)
Pathfinder Maps
Pathfinder Accessories
Starfinder Roleplaying Game
Starfinder Adventure Path
Starfinder Maps
Starfinder Accessories

Notice that neither Starfinder or Pathfinder Pawn subscriptions are listed. Is the email in error, or do all subscriptions count as this blog post seems to say?

It's quite specifically relevant to me because I have six subscriptions, but one of those is Pathfinder Pawns, so whether it counts or not really matters.

This page repeats the information that you copied from the e-mail, and it will remain visible in a prominent place long after this blog has sunk into obscurity.

So the problem that I cited has been addressed, and my plot to get free PFS scenarios by keeping my Player Companion subscriptions and starting subscriptions to the Novels and Cards lines is rightly and properly foiled.

In any case, if you really only want 4 or 5 subscriptions, the incentive to start additional subscriptions is fairly weak, as I am pretty sure that the PFS and SFS subscriptions are already the cheapest subscriptions available from Paizo.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I figured radio silence up to this point meant a big change was coming. A change for the better, I might add, especially changing the name to the Lost Omens subscription. Calling it anything else would be quite confusing.


Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

Ultra excited about this!!! Thank you!

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I really like this :D

Edit: Noooo, with Companion going away this means I'm only going to have 5 Subs :'(

Owner - House of Books and Games LLC

Okay ... so if I understand correctly, as a superscriber the only action I actually need to take is to add the Pathfinder Accessories subscription?

(Though there appears to be a bug on the Maps Subscription page that doesn't show current status correctly and threw me for a second - but the My Subscriptions part of the account page is correct).

[edit] Awwww ... any way to default to the superscriber tags instead of the business owner tag?

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

10 people marked this as a favorite.

I wanted to clarify the questions I saw here. ALL the non licensed Pathfinder and Starfinder subs except the ACG count towards the 4 or 6 subs. Licensed subs are products that have our branding but are not made by us, like the Battles miniatures and the comics. So both pawn subscriptions qualify.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

4 people marked this as a favorite.

If you already have 4 or 5 subs you will need to go to your My Subscriptions page and select the scenario line you want. If you have 6 or more subs already you don't need to do anything.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

Nice, so I'm guessing I'll not only continue to get Starfinder Society Scenarios for free but Pathfinder Society Scenarios, too.

Scarab Sages

Diego Valdez wrote:
I wanted to clarify the questions I saw here. ALL the non licensed Pathfinder and Starfinder subs except the ACG count towards the 4 or 6 subs. Licensed subs are products that have our branding but are not made by us, like the Battles miniatures and the comics. So both pawn subscriptions qualify.

Woot! Got my six then. Thanks for the quick reply Diego!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Well, this is nothing but good news for me...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

I subscribed for the APs a week or so ago but to start with the age of ashes AP, does this mean i dont get advantage because i dont want to start by getting the last chapter of an ap i dont have the rest of? because thats kinda lame.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

5 people marked this as a favorite.

Hello Davido1000,

Your subscription was started before today, so it is grandfathered in.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Feros wrote:
Looks good...wait...FREE PATHFINDER SOCIETY SCENARIOS?!?

lol i had just subscribed to that this morning for 2e’s Scenarios XD


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

So, if I have, say, 6 subscriptions, in addition to PFS and SFS, I should discontinue the Society subscriptions? Or will I automatically not be charged? Does that work?

Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Adam Jung wrote:
So, if I have, say, 6 subscriptions, in addition to PFS and SFS, I should discontinue the Society subscriptions? Or will I automatically not be charged? Does that work?

Good question, I just checked and I have 6 valid* subs before Scenarios.

*Y’all can pry Tales from my cold dead hands.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Diego Valdez wrote:

Hello Davido1000,

Your subscription was started before today, so it is grandfathered in.

Nice! this all sounds like very good news. I just posted about this very thing in the Customer Service Forum before I saw this post. If I understand you correctly this mean we count as having locked in our Paizo Advantage before the July 3rd deadline regardless of the number of subs we subscribe too so long as we dont cancel it because we count as current Paizo adventure path subscribers?


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

This is excellent!


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

I currently have several subscriptions, Player Companion being one. If I do nothing, will it migrate to Lost Omens automatically or just end?


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Paizo are calling it "just end", I think, but in practice anything that would have been produced in the Player Companion line had that line continued will be in the Lost Omens line in the future. So it's effectively a migration, IMO.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Diego Valdez wrote:

Hello Davido1000,

Your subscription was started before today, so it is grandfathered in.

I now have bad news. It seems I misunderstood how this is working and am wrong. It will only be grandfathered in if you subscribed in time and are getting Adventure Path 144. I apologize for my previous, incorrect post.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

Corbain,

The Companion line will just end. The Campaign setting line will roll over into Lost Omens.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Ed Reppert wrote:
Paizo are calling it "just end", I think, but in practice anything that would have been produced in the Player Companion line had that line continued will be in the Lost Omens line in the future. So it's effectively a migration, IMO.

But if you have a Player Companion subscription and no Campaign Setting subscription, you will not automatically get the Lost Omens subscription if you do nothing.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
David knott 242 wrote:

But if you have a Player Companion subscription and no Campaign Setting subscription, you will not automatically get the Lost Omens subscription if you do nothing.

Ah. Good point.

Liberty's Edge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

So, I have three subs: APs, Modules and Comics.
Do Comics count, so that I need only one more sub?


Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber
Corbain wrote:
I currently have several subscriptions, Player Companion being one. If I do nothing, will it migrate to Lost Omens automatically or just end?

I have the same question as Corbain. What subscriptions roll over into what subscriptions?

I have the following subscriptions:

PF Adventure Path (should roll over into the new PF2 AP subscription)
PF Campaign Setting (rolls over into Lost Omens subscription?)
PF Cards (Obsolete / discontinued?)
PF Modules (rolls over to Pathfinder Adventure subscription?)
PF Pawns (continues to be a subscription?)
PF Player Companion (Obsolete / discontinued)
PF Roleplaying Game (continues to be a subscription)

With this list, if I were to subscribe to the Accessories subscription I would qualify for both the free Society adventures?


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Dryder wrote:

So, I have three subs: APs, Modules and Comics.

Do Comics count, so that I need only one more sub?

No the comics sub does not count. It is a licensed product and only NON-licensed subs count. (They did clarify that the Pawns subs DO count.

Liberty's Edge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

Damn!
And thx for your answer!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I'm disappointed you're tying Pathfinder Advantage to multiple subs but I'm thankful I'm grandfathered in.

Now, time to go whittle a cane I can shake at teenagers.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Corbain wrote:
I currently have several subscriptions, Player Companion being one. If I do nothing, will it migrate to Lost Omens automatically or just end?

I have the same question as Corbain. What subscriptions roll over into what subscriptions?

I have the following subscriptions:

PF Adventure Path (should roll over into the new PF2 AP subscription)
PF Campaign Setting (rolls over into Lost Omens subscription?)
PF Cards (Obsolete / discontinued?)
PF Modules (rolls over to Pathfinder Adventure subscription?)
PF Pawns (continues to be a subscription?)
PF Player Companion (Obsolete / discontinued)
PF Roleplaying Game (continues to be a subscription)

With this list, if I were to subscribe to the Accessories subscription I would qualify for both the free Society adventures?

Your list is all correct. As is you have 5/6 subscriptions towards qualifying for both scenario subscriptions.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

Ninthwatcher is correct. Subscriptions for licensed items do not count towards the complemetary scenarios. Nor do defunct or discontinued subs.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Rysky wrote:
Feros wrote:
Looks good...wait...FREE PATHFINDER SOCIETY SCENARIOS?!?
lol i had just subscribed to that this morning for 2e’s Scenarios XD

I did it yesterday! ;-)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Diego Valdez wrote:
Diego Valdez wrote:

Hello Davido1000,

Your subscription was started before today, so it is grandfathered in.

I now have bad news. It seems I misunderstood how this is working and am wrong. It will only be grandfathered in if you subscribed in time and are getting Adventure Path 144. I apologize for my previous, incorrect post.

Ok so here is the million dollar question I am wondering in regards to the grandfathering Paizo advantage. I sub'd to the Pathfinder Adventure Path a few weeks ago and requested that it start with only the 2nd edition items. IF I however want you to let it start as it would have with issue #144 will I then be considered grandfathered in as this post says? I would have beeen subscribed before July 3rd. In my particular case it makes financial sense even though I am picking up #144 in addition to the First book. The main advantage I am looking for here is the financial freedom to keep my Pathfinder advantage so long as I remain subbed to the Pathfinder Adventure path without necessarily having to keep 4 subs if my finances require that I drop one from time to time. (I have no plans too but its a nice perk to have)


Disappointed that Pathfinder Battles doesn't count. Over the course of a calendar year, a subscriber is likely to spend more on the Battles line than any other subscription line. That it is a licensed line is irrelevant from the end user perspective.

In a very real sense, this winds up being the deciding factor in me not restarting the battles line. And if the 2e rules don't sit very favorably with me, then there's no real point in keeping any of my subs.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game, Maps, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Vexies wrote:
Ok so here is the million dollar question I am wondering in regards to the grandfathering Paizo advantage. I sub'd to the Pathfinder Adventure Path a few weeks ago and requested that it start with only the 2nd edition items. IF I however want you to let it start as it would have with issue #144 will I then be considered grandfathered in as this post says? I would have beeen subscribed before July 3rd. In my particular case it makes financial sense even though I am picking up #144 in addition to the First book. The main advantage I am looking for here is the financial freedom to keep my Pathfinder advantage so long as I remain subbed to the Pathfinder Adventure path without necessarily having to keep 4 subs if my finances require that I drop one from time to time. (I have no plans too but its a nice perk to have)

I'm in the same exact boat, need to decide if I should take #144 after all.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

OK, I confirmed for Starfinder society. Does that mean I will still be charged for June or will they be free?

Thanks!


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Do the free PDFs included with the subscriptions still apply discounts to synced Fantasy Grounds purchases? Does the content from the maps and tokens packs normally get published into Fantasy Grounds, and do those same PDF discounts apply?

The savings from Paizo Advantage sounds great, but I almost exclusively use Fantasy Grounds, and I'd like to know those savings would as least partially carry over to Fantasy before signing up.


Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
First World Bard wrote:
Vexies wrote:
Ok so here is the million dollar question I am wondering in regards to the grandfathering Paizo advantage. I sub'd to the Pathfinder Adventure Path a few weeks ago and requested that it start with only the 2nd edition items. IF I however want you to let it start as it would have with issue #144 will I then be considered grandfathered in as this post says? I would have beeen subscribed before July 3rd. In my particular case it makes financial sense even though I am picking up #144 in addition to the First book. The main advantage I am looking for here is the financial freedom to keep my Pathfinder advantage so long as I remain subbed to the Pathfinder Adventure path without necessarily having to keep 4 subs if my finances require that I drop one from time to time. (I have no plans too but its a nice perk to have)
I'm in the same exact boat, need to decide if I should take #144 after all.

That seems to be exactly what Diego said in his correction. I am actually surprised that more people aren't doing exactly what the two of you are saying here. I thought I would see a lot more people reversing their requested removals of #144 from their new Pathfinder AP subscriptions by now. Yes, there is now good reason to ensure that #144 be included in your new subscription before they run the auths on July 3rd.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

*Checks subscriptions* 4 Subscriptions remain, I'll get the society scenarios for free -> nice!

Too bad there isn't anything talked about Adventure Path Charter Subscribers... Will I be a Charter Charter Subscriber for PF2 AP's? *kidding*

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber

I had so much high hopes to be able to get a pdf-only sub for stuff, as I almost always gm from my iPad with the PDFs. I would immediately sub to Lost Omens and the Core Line this way! Maybe for Charter subscribers who are with you from the beginning?:)
But my shelve space can't cope with another PF edition right now, whereas my HDD can!
Guess I have to buy the pdf's single-wise then...


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Looks good, however one, probably stupid, question. Are these subs going to be PF2 material past July or a mix? I'm doing PF2 going forward and don't want to subscribe if I'll get both 1 & 2.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

There will be no more PF1 material after July. Well, unless you count the Tyrant's Grasp Pawn Collection, which is currently scheduled for September, I believe.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
David knott 242 wrote:
First World Bard wrote:
Vexies wrote:
Ok so here is the million dollar question I am wondering in regards to the grandfathering Paizo advantage. I sub'd to the Pathfinder Adventure Path a few weeks ago and requested that it start with only the 2nd edition items. IF I however want you to let it start as it would have with issue #144 will I then be considered grandfathered in as this post says? I would have beeen subscribed before July 3rd. In my particular case it makes financial sense even though I am picking up #144 in addition to the First book. The main advantage I am looking for here is the financial freedom to keep my Pathfinder advantage so long as I remain subbed to the Pathfinder Adventure path without necessarily having to keep 4 subs if my finances require that I drop one from time to time. (I have no plans too but its a nice perk to have)
I'm in the same exact boat, need to decide if I should take #144 after all.

That seems to be exactly what Diego said in his correction. I am actually surprised that more people aren't doing exactly what the two of you are saying here. I thought I would see a lot more people reversing their requested removals of #144 from their new Pathfinder AP subscriptions by now. Yes, there is now good reason to ensure that #144 be included in your new subscription before they run the auths on July 3rd.

I agree this does sound like what he was saying but I wanted to confirm as there was a miscommunication before. If this is indeed true that allowing Adventure Path #144 to be sent along with #145 will lock in my Paizo Advantage discount, grandfathering it in to work as it has before this change then I would very much like to have my Adventure Path subscription changed back to allow it to do so.


Pathfinder Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

This was a very welcome email yesterday and y'all are handling this issue very well. Thanks to everybody at Paizo for the thoughtfulness you've put into this issue. Overall, this is a fantastic solution for people and I really appreciate that y'all have come up with an option that rewards dedication to the games.

Keep on trucking!

1 to 50 of 104 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: Paizo Advantage and Subscription Updates All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.