Over here at Pathfinder Adventure Card Game HQ, we're getting very excited. The new Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Core Set and the Curse of the Crimson Throne Adventure Path are due for release in May. So we've got news about your PACG subscription!
Both of these sets are part of the main Pathfinder Adventure Card Game subscription. If you aren't already a subscriber, now's a great time to start. You currently have 3 choices for starting your subscription:
- If you choose to start your sub with the previous release—the Ultimate Wilderness Add-On Deck—you'll also score a free copy of last year's Free RPG Day promo character, Nok Nok.
- If you choose to start with the Core Set, you'll get both the Core Set and Curse of Crimson Throne.
- If you choose to start with Curse of the Crimson Throne, we won't send you the Core Set; this option is especially useful for non-US subscribers who want to get most of the subscription benefits without having to pay the unfortunately hefty international shipping fees for Core, which weighs in at a bit over 4 pounds.
And what are the benefits? Subscribers get 20% off the MSRP of their subscription products, plus subscribers occasionally get free promo cards.
Yes, promo cards! There are six new promo cards for these products. Subscribers will get all six along with their subscription shipment of Curse of the Crimson Throne. They will also be available in these ways:
- Four of the six—the blessing The Real Rabbit Prince, the weapon The Tall Knife, the item The Unveiling, and the ally Asyra—are in a special Curse of the Crimson Throne promo pack we're sending out to retailers as part of a special launch kit in May. (If you're hoping to procure these from your favorite retailer, make sure they're ordering the launch kit from their distributor!)
- The armor Corpse Plate will be available at larger Pathfinder Society events in the next year, starting at PaizoCon on May 24.
- The spell Embiggen will appear in an upcoming issue of Game Trade magazine.
Free RPG Day is June 15, less than a month after we release Core and Curse. So we've got a special treat: goblins! OK, sure, we've done a goblin character every Free RPG Day for years. So what makes this year different?
We're not just releasing a character—we're releasing a storybook. We Be Heroes? is an 8-page storybook for the new Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Core Set. It's a PACG adaptation of the Pathfinder Module of the same name being released at the same time for use with the Pathfinder RPG. It features four new heroic goblin characters from the Crookedtoes tribe: the barbarian Grenek, the ranger Crimsi, the druid Siathorn, and the bard Pizazz.
They're not terribly good at being good, but they're working on it. Their opportunity comes when a group of paladins get in trouble, and our heroes need to get them out alive. Can they defeat the Blasted Chicken that squawks in their way? Only you can help them.
Oh, also, Siathorn has this wolf cohort.
If you can't make it to a participating store for Free RPG Day, don't worry: starting July 1, you can get the PDF for free from paizo.com, or you can pay a mere $3 for the print edition.
So all that's very exciting! We hope you'll sign up for that subscription and get those promo cards, then keep an eye out for We Be Heroes? in June. It's all coming soon!
Lead Designer, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game