Sign a Deal with the Devil!

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Hungry for all the diabolical details about Cheliax, the nation at the heart of the Hell's Rebels and Hell's Vengeance Adventure Paths? Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Cheliax, the Infernal Empire has you covered!

Never before have we revealed so many secrets about this Hell-bound nation, from its politics and history to its diverse cities to everyday life under the iron thumb of House Thrune. Among many other things, this gorgeous 64-page book also lays out the stark reality of crime and punishment in Chelish society, as illustrated below.


Illustration by Tomasz Chistowski

If traveling through the infernal empire is more your style—those tines are rather confining, after all—the book also offers an array of magnificent location art and maps, as well as accompanying details. Take this illustration of Khari and the Arch of Aroden, for example.


Illustration by Tomasz Chistowski

Of course, all of these Chelish places would be little more than window dressing if it weren't for the complex folks who inhabit them. The book discusses dozens of individuals who play vital roles in shaping Cheliax and its myriad locations into living, breathing places ripe with intrigue and opportunities for adventure. Below are illustrations of two such individuals, as well as a sneak peek at one of the book's six new monsters!


Illustrations by Alexandur Alexandrov, Konstantin Vavilov, and Bryan Sola

Amanda Hamon Kunz
Assistant Developer

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Alexandur Alexandrov Bryan Sola Cheliax Konstantin Vavilov Pathfinder Campaign Setting Tomasz Chistowski
Silver Crusade

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Kirii!!!!!

Scarab Sages Assistant Developer

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:
Kirii!!!!!

Yuuuuup. :)

Silver Crusade

Amanda Hamon Kunz wrote:
Rysky wrote:
Kirii!!!!!
Yuuuuup. :)

Yay!

*gives adorably fluffy Assistant Developer chin scritches*


cool art but does anyone know when the next meet the villans going to be? I really want to know

Contributor

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Heeyyy, check that out. Spiffy. :)

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Gorgeous art. All of it.

Gorum is likely preparing to go to war with Cheliax and Hell right now because of that Lawful pretender though ;-)


wabbitking wrote:
cool art but does anyone know when the next meet the villans going to be? I really want to know

Yes. Somebody knows.


Cthulhudrew wrote:
wabbitking wrote:
cool art but does anyone know when the next meet the villans going to be? I really want to know
Yes. Somebody knows.

well would that person be willing to tell me?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

wabbitking wrote:
Cthulhudrew wrote:
wabbitking wrote:
cool art but does anyone know when the next meet the villans going to be? I really want to know
Yes. Somebody knows.
well would that person be willing to tell me?

Nope, because until we know for a FACT what the schedule is, we've learned that guessing and estimating only causes folks to be disappointed and frustrated.

But remember... these characters are going on covers that are separated by one month. Logically, one could expect a new evil iconic to show up once every four weeks or so, but you ALSO need to remember that things like holiday breaks can delay things, especially since the folks who write the Meet the Iconics here at Paizo are going to be pretty scarce until the new year.

If they show up soon, consider it a holiday present and a pleasant surprise, but we don't publish "schedules" of our blog posts.


James Jacobs wrote:
wabbitking wrote:
Cthulhudrew wrote:
wabbitking wrote:
cool art but does anyone know when the next meet the villans going to be? I really want to know
Yes. Somebody knows.
well would that person be willing to tell me?

Nope, because until we know for a FACT what the schedule is, we've learned that guessing and estimating only causes folks to be disappointed and frustrated.

But remember... these characters are going on covers that are separated by one month. Logically, one could expect a new evil iconic to show up once every four weeks or so, but you ALSO need to remember that things like holiday breaks can delay things, especially since the folks who write the Meet the Iconics here at Paizo are going to be pretty scarce until the new year.

If they show up soon, consider it a holiday present and a pleasant surprise, but we don't publish "schedules" of our blog posts.

thank you for answering me so straight forwardly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

In the top picture, I am imagining the inquisitor overseeing the executions saying something like, "Thus die the blasphemers who speculate that the Hellfire Compact is the makeup kit of Her Infernal Majestrix."

Scarab Sages Assistant Developer

David knott 242 wrote:

In the top picture, I am imagining the inquisitor overseeing the executions saying something like, "Thus die the blasphemers who speculate that the Hellfire Compact is the makeup kit of Her Infernal Majestrix."

Oh, I couldn't stand to let such an opportunity to provide an evil inquisitorial soliloquy pass us by. It's in there. (No mention of makeup or compacts, though. Just horrifying Asmodean goodness.)

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Lost Omens Campaign Setting / Lost Omens Products / Paizo Blog: Sign a Deal with the Devil! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Lost Omens Products