It's that time again, ghouls and boils! Howl-oween is almost here—the fearly celebration of everything creepy and scary, and on a Saturday no less! If you're lurking for a good time, it's the perfect excuse to run a creepy game for all your fiends! But what's that? You haven't made arrangements before now? What a ghastly mistake! Luckily, your friend Paizo grave-elopers have assembled a list of the top ten creepiest Pathfinder products you can pull out for a scary night of rolling bones. You can buy the physical product, or pick up the PDF on short notice and get your spooky books instantly, anywhere ghost to ghost!
10. Pathfinder Adventure Path: Empty Graves: You say you want a zombie apocalypse in Pathfinder, with plenty of strange monsters being stirred into a tizzy over the undead uprising, and it all runs on a timer? Empty Graves is a level 4-6 urban sandbox that focuses on surviving the undead onslaught and eventually ending the necromancer stirring them up!
9. Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Tombs of Golarion: if a pre-built adventure isn't your style, Tombs of Golarion offers 6 seeds and maps for dungeon crawls among the restless dead, covering everything from a murky Horse Lord cairn to a clockwork tomb.
8. Pathfinder Module: Feast of Ravenmoor: If you want less dead and more lively threats, Feast of Ravenmoor is a 3rd-level adventure that pits your innocent travellers against an all-too-human cult in a sleepy little hamlet. Equal parts Sleepy Hollow and Children of the Corn, Ravenmoor is a small town getaway your adventurers won't be recommending to their friends.
7. Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Undead Unleashed: If your campaign can't afford a long diversion for a full module, the Undead Unleashed brings 15 rotting antagonists to meddle in your adventurers' affairs for a single encounter or an extended stay, ranging from CR 3 to 23!
6. Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Occult Mysteries: If you need to bring in a touch of the strange far more than you need a monster-of-the-week, Occult Mysteries is a toolbox that caters to every flavor of weird that hides in the corners of Golarion. From astrology to numerology to the secret societies and veiled masters who control the destiny of humankind, Occult Mysteries offers guidance in adding just enough of the weird to your game to keep your players uncomfortable.
5. Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Rule of Fear: Horror requires a certain sense of helplessness and hopelessness, and nowhere in Golarion do these elements flourish quite so well as Ustalav. Rule of Fear offers a detailed overview of a nation that exists to support its monsters, human and supernatural alike, and where mortal heroes are the ones who are hunted as beasts.
4. Pathfinder Module: Carrion Hill: If insanity, lost lore, and buried secrets appeal to your players, they'll find a place to settle in somewhere in the winding, muddy streets of Carrion Hill. This adventure for 5th-level characters takes players from the halls of government to asylum cells to forgotten ruins all in search of secrets buried in the cursed city's founding.
3. Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Undead Revisited: To run a creepy-crawly effectively, you need to get inside its head and know how they tick. Ghosts don't simply leap out and yell "boo!" in our complicated modern world. Learn the tricks of the undead trade in Undead Revisited, and be prepared for any spooky game this Halloween, whether of our making or your own.
2. Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Classic Horrors Revisited: Certainly monsters are scary, but why are they scary and how can you make them scarier? Classic Horrors Revisited looks at some of the most iconic monsters in pop culture, from mummies to flesh golems to werewolves and delves into why they exist and what makes them hunt commoners for sport! It provides plenty of inspiration whether you're running your own game or trying to make a pre-made adventure a little more terrifying.
1. Pathfinder Adventure Path: Carrion Crown: The entire run of Carrion Crown delves into the most timeless horror monsters in the western world, and runs from 1st-level through 15th! Whether you want a haunted prison, Frankenstein's monster, or Lovecraftian horror, the six volumes of Carrion Crown cover your needs, and each volume comes packed with new horror-themed monsters and articles to kick up your poky game!