We're just a few days away from the start of Season 7: Year of the Serpent! That means it's time for an updated Guide! The first big change you'll see is that we've changed the title to: Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide. Pathfinder Society Organized Play has referred to two branches of organized play for the past year, which we have distinguished with the terms Roleplaying Guild and Adventure Card Guild. You'll be seeing more of this term as time goes on.
There are also a few other key changes to note for this revised version of the Guide:
- Added a new Step 1 to character creation that involves choosing between Core and Standard Mode
- Updated some of the class-specific replacements and nuances, such as the exclusive use of the summoner class that appears in Pathfinder Unchained
- Updated the faction symbols to use the new art we released earlier this year
- Updated Season 7 goals
- Added a Faction Journal Card section
- Added a new Core Mode section in Chapter 5
- Added to the Playtest and Errata section, providing additional ways in which a character can retrain features and resell equipment following a rules update
- Revised the Slow progression so that one opts to use the slow progression at the very beginning of an adventure, not at the very beginning of a level
- Presented a concept of Downtime, which is just the Day Job “slot.” This reinforces that everyone has Downtime, even if they don't have a Day Job skill
- Removed technology and glitch information (now available on the Pathfinder Reference Document)
- Removed the list of venture-officers, which changes far too frequently these days to update the list only once or twice a year; this information is available online
In addition to the new Roleplaying Guild Guide, we've released new versions of the Faction Journal Cards for you to download. If you're heading out to Gen Con this weekend to play any of the new Season 7 scenarios, you'll want to grab this updated document for your character! We hope they continue to add flavor to the campaign and help you add additional roleplaying elements to your PFS experience.
Thank you to the Pathfinder Society venture-captains, venture-lieutenants, and Jonathan Choy for helping us compile a list of necessary changes!
The Pathfinder Society Team