Occult of Indy

Friday, July 24, 2015


Download Standard | Download Widescreen | Download Mobile
Illustrations by Caio Maciel Monteiro and Wayne Reynolds.

Many of us are heading out to Indy next week for Gen Con 2015. In the Paizo booth there will be a huge display made from Pathfinder RPG books, and the latest of them's going to be Occult Adventures. Here's a last preview at the fantastic art before it officially releases on July 29! See you in Indy!


Illustrations by Igor Grechanyi, Caio Maciel Monteiro, and Mariusz Gandzel

Illustrations by Federico Musetti and Subroto Bhaumik

Sarah Robinson
Managing Art Director

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Caio Maciel Monteiro Estra Federico Musetti Iconics Igor Grechanyi Investigators Mariusz Gandzel Mavaro Meligaster Merisiel Mesmerists Occultists Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Quinn Rogues Spiritualists Subroto Bhaumik Wallpapers Wayne Reynolds

Yeah! These are the blogs I really wanna see more often again, beautiful art, cool stories and awesome reviews!

Community Manager

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Myth Lord wrote:
Yeah! These are the blogs I really wanna see more often again, beautiful art, cool stories and awesome reviews!

We're working on making these a regular feature again. :)


I'm very happy to read that! Hope to see more AP-based reviews and pictures.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Now, THAT'S a horse of a different color!


I wonder what Mel is up to in the one? Those are no pushovers he's sharing that scene with.


I don't see Lem in any of those (maybe I'm missing him?). I see his nasty brother Meligaster, though.


Cthulhudrew wrote:
I don't see Lem in any of those (maybe I'm missing him?). I see his nasty brother Meligaster, though.

I meant Mel- thanks for catching that. I'll edit.

I'm guessing it was intentional that Mel is Lem spelt backwards. :)


Joe Hex wrote:
I'm guessing it was intentional that Mel is Lem spelt backwards. :)

I wonder if that means Lem's full name is Lemigaster? :D

Dark Archive

Joe Hex wrote:
I wonder what Mel is up to in the one? Those are no pushovers he's sharing that scene with.

It looks to me as if he is possessing an anti-paladin to create a league of bad dudes that he will secretly manipulate into completing his goals without them knowing who he is so they can't get revenge. I do wonder though if maybe he's trying to escape because the Aboleth looks to have caught on to the ruse through psychic means.

Igor does it again with the awesome use of perspective, this one's my new background.


Helcack wrote:
Joe Hex wrote:
I wonder what Mel is up to in the one? Those are no pushovers he's sharing that scene with.

It looks to me as if he is possessing an anti-paladin to create a league of bad dudes that he will secretly manipulate into completing his goals without them knowing who he is so they can't get revenge. I do wonder though if maybe he's trying to escape because the Aboleth looks to have caught on to the ruse through psychic means.

Igor does it again with the awesome use of perspective, this one's my new background.

I think it looks something similar to that as well.

However I read somewhere on here recently, that possession isn't really the Mesmerists forte. Something about it being necromancy rather than a mind effect. I don't have the book yet, but if I remember correctly someone said the Mez does not even get possession until level 13.

At any rate, he's up to something sketchy.
Mel has really grown on me, for an evil little guy.

I agree about the art- great stuff!


Is that a Dicraeosaurus skeleton?


I like the ghost-like servitors several of the characters have. It makes me think once more about modding one of the "Tattooed Man" Horrorclix minis I have and basing a PC on it. I might have to check this book out.

Contributor

Devilkiller wrote:
I like the ghost-like servitors several of the characters have. It makes me think once more about modding one of the "Tattooed Man" Horrorclix minis I have and basing a PC on it. I might have to check this book out.

Great choice! The Rasputin Horrorclix mini is my favorite PC mini of all time, which I used for a summoner-reflavored-as-a-spiritualist in my last campaign with Daigle here in Austin. Good times!


A Aboleth, a Glabrezu, and a Nosferatu wow Mel is in some deep trouble there

Paizo Employee Designer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Joe Hex wrote:
I wonder what Mel is up to in the one? Those are no pushovers he's sharing that scene with.

I ordered that one, and it turned out awesome! Mel was worried that truly taking over the antipaladin would lead to potential Sense Motive problems from those other bigshot team evil members, so he's using a new spell from the book, riding possession, in order to infiltrate the meeting undetected and find out all of their plans. That way, he can end the spell and leave everyone, even the antipaladin, none the wiser!


The Rasputin mini looks pretty interesting too. In the last cycle of campaigns my girlfriend's PC was a fortune teller represented by a rebased and repainted Horrorclix Gypsy Seer.

There are numerous other Horroclix minis which seem like they'd be a good fit for Occult adventurers. The fact that used ones are available very cheap online makes them great candidates for modding. I'll definitely be looking around online to see what "incorporeal" and "ghostly" looking minis are available since I've yet to figure out a good material for making transparent/translucent minis.

I guess I'm getting kind of off topic there, but it is certainly some cool artwork which gets me fired up to want to try stuff from the new book.


Blackvial wrote:
A Aboleth, a Glabrezu, and a Nosferatu wow Mel is in some deep trouble there

He appears to be speaking with them through the Antipaladin; what makes you think Mel is fighting them, rather than striking a deal? He's just as evil as everyone else in that room.

Paizo Employee Developer

Brandon Hodge wrote:
Devilkiller wrote:
I like the ghost-like servitors several of the characters have. It makes me think once more about modding one of the "Tattooed Man" Horrorclix minis I have and basing a PC on it. I might have to check this book out.
Great choice! The Rasputin Horrorclix mini is my favorite PC mini of all time, which I used for a summoner-reflavored-as-a-spiritualist in my last campaign with Daigle here in Austin. Good times!

Good times indeed!


Mark Seifter wrote:
Joe Hex wrote:
I wonder what Mel is up to in the one? Those are no pushovers he's sharing that scene with.
I ordered that one, and it turned out awesome! Mel was worried that truly taking over the antipaladin would lead to potential Sense Motive problems from those other bigshot team evil members, so he's using a new spell from the book, riding possession, in order to infiltrate the meeting undetected and find out all of their plans. That way, he can end the spell and leave everyone, even the antipaladin, none the wiser!

I do gotta say then... that is my new favorite depiction of a spell in art! Also, very cool spell! Anyone willing to spoil what level of a Mesmerist spell it is? I need these tidbits to keep me sane until I have my book. :)

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder RPG / Paizo Products / Product Discussion / Paizo Blog: Occult of Indy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Product Discussion