Fin.

Mon, May 25, 2015 at 03:26 PM Pacific

And PaizoCon 2015 comes to a close. It was a genuine pleasure seeing so
many of you this weekend, and we hope to see many more of you at GenCon!

Liz Courts
Community Manager

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: PaizoCon
Grand Lodge

4 people marked this as a favorite.

Thank you for putting together the most enjoyable PaizoCon yet! As a player I think the venue worked very well. Games ending at midnight and starting at 8am made sleeping a challenging activity, but I can appreciate why the schedule was setup the way it was. The seminars were great, too. I especially loved the diversity panel. I'm already making plans for next year. I hope you all allow yourself some rest before GenCon :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

nonstop applause

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Being my first PaizoCon, I had a great time. Played at the Out of Retirement scenario written by Linda; fantastic modification of the storyline, monster selection and rewards! More scenarios with her input at a minimum is a must!


Pathfinder Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

nope you will not see me there but next year i will be back!


4 people marked this as a favorite.

That was a very fun first experience and also very tiring. I hope everyone able to get one enjoyed the embroidery patches!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

This was my first Paizocon, and it really was everything I was hoping it would be. I can't wait for next year, particularly with the packing and preparation lessons I learned this year!

Thank you to everyone at Paizo for putting on a fantastic show. I can't wait to do it again.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Seamstress_Druid wrote:
That was a very fun first experience and also very tiring. I hope everyone able to get one enjoyed the embroidery patches!

Those patches were fantastic! I wasn't able to get my hands on one, but I call dibs for next year! :D

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Fourth PaizoCon for me and third for my kid. Great time. Every day was awesome. The venue is excellent with lots of room for growth.

Kudos to the Paizo team.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Katina Mathieson wrote:
Seamstress_Druid wrote:
That was a very fun first experience and also very tiring. I hope everyone able to get one enjoyed the embroidery patches!
Those patches were fantastic! I wasn't able to get my hands on one, but I call dibs for next year! :D

I'm glad you and many others liked them. If Michael Kenway will allow it and if we can work something out I might be able to make more and sell them but I have to wait and see. Also Christopher Anthony is an awesome guy! He's very funny. Wanted to talk to him on Monday but couldn't find him.

Anyhow I hope to make more, the Grand Lodge patches went the fastest. I actually still have my prototypes here. Do you have a preference on a faction patch? I'm going to be making a dice bag for Christopher Anthony and sending it to him at Paizo. If you want I can try to send you one as well but it might be a little bit as one of the stabilizers I use is almost out completely and I need to be more of it before I use it.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Seamstress_Druid wrote:
Katina Mathieson wrote:
Seamstress_Druid wrote:
That was a very fun first experience and also very tiring. I hope everyone able to get one enjoyed the embroidery patches!
Those patches were fantastic! I wasn't able to get my hands on one, but I call dibs for next year! :D

I'm glad you and many others liked them. If Michael Kenway will allow it and if we can work something out I might be able to make more and sell them but I have to wait and see. Also Christopher Anthony is an awesome guy! He's very funny. Wanted to talk to him on Monday but couldn't find him.

Anyhow I hope to make more, the Grand Lodge patches went the fastest. I actually still have my prototypes here. Do you have a preference on a faction patch? I'm going to be making a dice bag for Christopher Anthony and sending it to him at Paizo. If you want I can try to send you one as well but it might be a little bit as one of the stabilizers I use is almost out completely and I need to be more of it before I use it.

Hmmmm... I think I like the Dark Archive best. But I'll take whatever's available. No need to cause yourself any inconvenience, though. I can wait until next year if it's a bother! Maybe by then there'll be a Clockwork Owl patch... >_>

Contributor

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Seamstress_Druid wrote:
Katina Mathieson wrote:
Seamstress_Druid wrote:
That was a very fun first experience and also very tiring. I hope everyone able to get one enjoyed the embroidery patches!
Those patches were fantastic! I wasn't able to get my hands on one, but I call dibs for next year! :D

I'm glad you and many others liked them. If Michael Kenway will allow it and if we can work something out I might be able to make more and sell them but I have to wait and see. Also Christopher Anthony is an awesome guy! He's very funny. Wanted to talk to him on Monday but couldn't find him.

Anyhow I hope to make more, the Grand Lodge patches went the fastest. I actually still have my prototypes here. Do you have a preference on a faction patch? I'm going to be making a dice bag for Christopher Anthony and sending it to him at Paizo. If you want I can try to send you one as well but it might be a little bit as one of the stabilizers I use is almost out completely and I need to be more of it before I use it.

I will treasure my Sovereign Court patch. Thanks again! :D

Shadow Lodge RPG Superstar 2015

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Thank you staff of Paizo for being the best!

Dark Archive Software Developer

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Seamstress_Druid wrote:
I'm glad you and many others liked them. If Michael Kenway will allow it and if we can work something out I might be able to make more and sell them but I have to wait and see. Also Christopher Anthony is an awesome guy! He's very funny. Wanted to talk to him on Monday but couldn't find him.

The Liberty's Edge patch was really cool. I hope to collect the full set, no matter how many PaizoCons that might take. :D

It was really great meeting you. Hope to see you again next year!

Grand Lodge

I am quite jealous of all those who got the patch, the workmanship of them is amazing! Hopefully we can see you again next year, and maybe you'll have Paizo's approval for distributing them a bit more? :)


Katina Mathieson wrote:


Hmmmm... I think I like the Dark Archive best. But I'll take whatever's available. No need to cause yourself any inconvenience, though. I can wait until next year if it's a bother! Maybe by then there'll be a Clockwork Owl patch... >_>

Clockwork Owl's are very hard to digitize without first flattening the image as gradients in thread are frowned upon unless it's a ridiculously huge Embroidery piece such as a 72 inch by 72 inch square made up of SEVERAL Hoopings of Embroidery work. 3-4 colors could be doable but will take a lot of time to digitize. For now I can throw together a single Dark Archive patch but not much more as doing the 7 factions nearly depleted me one of two bolts of stabilizer for this specific embroidery.

Alexander Augunas wrote:

I will treasure my Sovereign Court patch. Thanks again! :D

You're welcome, I'm glad you got one ^_^ I would recommend you sew it onto what you want rather than gluing it on. Curved Safety pins could work as well provided you're not heavy washing it. I will be further fixing up the Sovereign Court just to fix the red a little bit to minimize thread cutting and to set it so it doesn't go off a little.

Michael_Hopkins wrote:

I am quite jealous of all those who got the patch, the workmanship of them is amazing! Hopefully we can see you again next year, and maybe you'll have Paizo's approval for distributing them a bit more? :)

I could only make about 45 of them total because of Hoop size and badge size. I'm sorry I didn't have enough for everyone :(. I'm waiting for a response back from Michael as I asked him what I needed to provide and how to formalize it etc. It's too much money to keep making for free unfortunately. Katina is an exception, I can't get Pasty Butt out of my head now because of reading 'Overheard at Paizo'

Christopher Anthony wrote:

The Liberty's Edge patch was really cool. I hope to collect the full set, no matter how many PaizoCons that might take. :D

It was really great meeting you. Hope to see you again next year!

I'm glad you liked the Liberty's Edge patch. I had to tell people I saved it for you as it was my last one and I wanted to meet you because you write poems as you ban spammers it's awesome! Plus Dragon! Just means I have to make more.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Representative

Seamstress_Druid wrote:
Katina Mathieson wrote:


Hmmmm... I think I like the Dark Archive best. But I'll take whatever's available. No need to cause yourself any inconvenience, though. I can wait until next year if it's a bother! Maybe by then there'll be a Clockwork Owl patch... >_>

Clockwork Owl's are very hard to digitize without first flattening the image as gradients in thread are frowned upon unless it's a ridiculously huge Embroidery piece such as a 72 inch by 72 inch square made up of SEVERAL Hoopings of Embroidery work. 3-4 colors could be doable but will take a lot of time to digitize. For now I can throw together a single Dark Archive patch but not much more as doing the 7 factions nearly depleted me one of two bolts of stabilizer for this specific embroidery.

Michael_Hopkins wrote:

I am quite jealous of all those who got the patch, the workmanship of them is amazing! Hopefully we can see you again next year, and maybe you'll have Paizo's approval for distributing them a bit more? :)

I could only make about 45 of them total because of Hoop size and badge size. I'm sorry I didn't have enough for everyone :(. I'm waiting for a response back from Michael as I asked him what I needed to provide and how to formalize it etc. It's too much money to keep making for free unfortunately. Katina is an exception, I can't get Pasty Butt out of my head now because of reading 'Overheard at Paizo'

Hehe, don't worry, I was joking about the Clockwork Owl patch. Like I said, don't go out of your way for me! :) Also, I'm glad that "pasty butt" got me some cred! :P

Dark Archive Software Developer

Katina Mathieson wrote:
Also, I'm glad that "pasty butt" got me some cred! :P

I got your back.

Paizo Employee Developer

Katina Mathieson wrote:
Seamstress_Druid wrote:
Katina Mathieson wrote:
Seamstress_Druid wrote:
That was a very fun first experience and also very tiring. I hope everyone able to get one enjoyed the embroidery patches!
Those patches were fantastic! I wasn't able to get my hands on one, but I call dibs for next year! :D

I'm glad you and many others liked them. If Michael Kenway will allow it and if we can work something out I might be able to make more and sell them but I have to wait and see. Also Christopher Anthony is an awesome guy! He's very funny. Wanted to talk to him on Monday but couldn't find him.

Anyhow I hope to make more, the Grand Lodge patches went the fastest. I actually still have my prototypes here. Do you have a preference on a faction patch? I'm going to be making a dice bag for Christopher Anthony and sending it to him at Paizo. If you want I can try to send you one as well but it might be a little bit as one of the stabilizers I use is almost out completely and I need to be more of it before I use it.

Hmmmm... I think I like the Dark Archive best. But I'll take whatever's available. No need to cause yourself any inconvenience, though. I can wait until next year if it's a bother! Maybe by then there'll be a Clockwork Owl patch... >_>

Hey, Katina. I got one of the Dark Archive patches (because someone else nabbed the last Grand Lodge one) that I'd be willing to pass along to you. (It's super rad, but I don't know what I'd put it on.)

I'll bring it to work tomorrow.

Scarab Sages

Another wonderful weekend of gaming and good times. I hope everyone at Paizo gets a chance to take it easy for a little while at least - I think 4 days took a bit of a toll! :)

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

I had a blast - quite literally - at the "end" of my PaizoCon. Like many out of towners (or country-ers), I was at the hotel for all of Monday while awaiting travel out on Tuesday. I found some similar souls, and an impromptu scenario - Returned to the Sky, the scenario I had prepped for PaizoCon but hadn't run, twice - was on.

At 3am on Tuesday morning, in a completely abandoned grand ballroom, my PaizoCon finally came to a close. Thank you, Paizo, for a great weekend. E noho rā!

Community / Forums / Paizo / PaizoCon / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: Fin. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion