Pathfinder Society Organized Play helps support the Gen Con charity

Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 10:14 AM Pacific

The 10 PFS boons that we donated for the Gen Con charity auction raised $3,830! Awesome job Pathfinders!

Mike Brock
Global Organized Play Coordinator

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Gen Con
Liberty's Edge

Well done, PFS!!!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Awesome.

Liberty's Edge

Wow, that's amazing!

What unique boons were up for auction?

Paizo Employee Developer

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Paz wrote:

Wow, that's amazing!

What unique boons were up for auction?

We had the following (in brief, as I'm not at a full keyboard):

Android race boon
Skinwalker race boon
Play a bleachling gnome
Use orc options as a half-orc
Red mantis assassin
Daggermark poisoner
Technologist (with PFS modifications)
Access one Numerian weapon
Access one Numerian armor
Access two other Numerian items

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

Aww man, I was really hoping skinwalker was going to become a regular GM boon this year! Oh well, perhaps next year!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Rulebook Subscriber

Damn! I would have bid on the android boon if I had been there, been aching to play a character based on the episode of TNG where Data is stuck on a low-tech world and forgets who he is.

Silver Crusade RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16

John Compton wrote:


Use orc options as a half-orc

And oh crap... there's now going to be a Con-based Witch out there somewhere... cuz what else would you possibly use that boon for? ;)

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber
Galnörag wrote:
Damn! I would have bid on the android boon if I had been there, been aching to play a character based on the episode of TNG where Data is stuck on a low-tech world and forgets who he is.

I made a weak attempt on it Thursday afternoon I think for $275, by Sunday it was up to $625 the last time I looked.

I'm glad I lost the Orc 'Race' boon, since it wasn't a "play an orc" boon like I thought it was originally:)

Dark Archive

Congrats to the Pathfinder Society, to Piazo, the Volunteers, and of course all of the players! I had an amazing time at my first Gen Con running games for folks.

Silver Crusade

The last time I was able to look (between GMing tables and tweaking my back), the android was up to $500 - I'd love to find out just how high it went! (Bob and I had a small bet going on that...)

Grand Lodge Global Organized Play Coordinator

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Mike Bramnik wrote:
The last time I was able to look (between GMing tables and tweaking my back), the android was up to $500 - I'd love to find out just how high it went! (Bob and I had a small bet going on that...)

$750

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

Michael Brock wrote:
Mike Bramnik wrote:
The last time I was able to look (between GMing tables and tweaking my back), the android was up to $500 - I'd love to find out just how high it went! (Bob and I had a small bet going on that...)
$750

Is that a record for the charity boons?

Editor-in-Chief

Totally amazing guys, well, well done!

Sovereign Court

:)

Shadow Lodge

Yeah, and the player has no idea (as of Sunday afternoon) just what he's doing with it. He's played at my table many times and I can't wait to run a game for his android. :)

Community / Forums / Paizo / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: Pathfinder Society Organized Play helps support the Gen Con charity All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion