With Gen Con just four days away, we wanted to release the new and improved Pathfinder Society Guide to Organized Play (version 6.0) today so everyone has an opportunity to review it and discuss it before Gen Con. With the help of the Venture-Captains and Venture-Lieutenants, we have added several much-needed changes that we think will improve your experiences in Pathfinder Society play.
Most notably, the following changes will go into effect on August 14 when Season six kicks off at Gen Con:
- Removed aasimar and tielfing as legal race choices. Added kitsune, nagaji, and wayang as legal choices.
- The nation-based factions have transitioned to ideal-based factions. These new factions borrow some traits from past factions and introduce several new traits. Those who already have faction traits no longer appearing in the Guide to Organized Play keep those traits, but they are no longer available as options for new characters. If you are currently playing in a online game (PbP, VTT, etc..), you may finish the game with your character in its current faction. After the game is complete, you should immediately transition to one of the newer factions, with the exception of Grand Lodge and Silver Crusade.
- Updated the faction goals for season six.
- Added a new section in Chapter Five for special rules pertaining to Season 6, including information about time-worn technology and glitches.
- Updated the shirts available for free reolls, including the new ones that go on sale at Gen Con.
- Updated the art throughout to reflect the theme of season six.
There are quite a few more changes from version 5.1 to 6.0 so make sure to brush up on it before the new season starts.
Additionally, we have released the update to Additional Resources, including all of July and August books. That means you are able to get a few days to decide what new class you want to build from the Advanced Class Guide.
Finally, the Quick Start Guide has been updated to reflect the color scheme of season six, as well as a few changes in the text to match what is listed in the Guide.
We look forward to seeing all of the awesome VOs, GMs, and players at Gen Con, and are looking forward to an even more awesome campaign in the upcoming Year of the Sky Key. We sincerely appreciate everyone who provided feedback for the changes to the Guide for working together to make our organized play campaign the best itcan be for the player base, GMs, coordinators, and Venture-Officers. Feel free to pull us aside at Gen Con to chat about any or all of the above changes.
Mike Brock and John Compton
Global Organized Play Coordinator and Developer