Pathfinder Battles while you wait

Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 07:11 AM Pacific

Check out some Pathfinder Battles minis while you wait in line.

Mark Moreland
Developer

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Gen Con
Liberty's Edge

Oh my goodness, Legends of Golarion looks to be everything I ever wanted. Love the new minis.

Liberty's Edge

Yes, I'm seeing a few minis in there I'd like to have. Very cool Gorilla King!


They all look great god two sets this close is going to hurt my credit card but man they look good


I have now added images of 5 new minis shown in this blog post. If anyone knows the names for these minis, could you please let me know.

Legends of Golarion Gallery

If anyone has any better pictures of these minis, please send them my way.


Are those serpentfolk?? Yay!


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

5 New Minis? What about the Large, dragon/demon thing in the third pic next to the green dragon? Pretty darn sure that's new too. Can you say "Holy Lava/Fire Whip, Batman?"


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Everthefool wrote:
5 New Minis? What about the Large, dragon/demon thing in the third pic next to the green dragon? Pretty darn sure that's new too. Can you say "Holy Lava/Fire Whip, Batman?"

That's almost certainly a Balor. I don't recall seeing it before, so it's probably new.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Shadar Aman wrote:
Everthefool wrote:
5 New Minis? What about the Large, dragon/demon thing in the third pic next to the green dragon? Pretty darn sure that's new too. Can you say "Holy Lava/Fire Whip, Batman?"
That's almost certainly a Balor. I don't recall seeing it before, so it's probably new.

Armaments and wings suggest so, but the draconic look is not one I think of as a Balor. Regardless, the main point is, "Hey, there's ANOTHER new mini in those pics, get it on the Gallery", heh.


I think its the Demon from the Wrath of Righteous
Who is killing the Silver Dragon. I was listening to Know Direction this morning with the talk with James Jacobs and he talked quite a bit about it


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Now I need to work overtime so I can afford this set. Excellent minis.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's a balor, drawn from the image in the Bestiary Box. For that Pawn set, we re-ordered some art that we didn't like for whatever reason or (as in this case) art that originally had a more "horizontal" composition that wouldn't easily fit on the "vertical" pawn.

Other figures shown in the pictures above include (from left to right) Serpentfolk High Priest, Queen Ileosa, King Irovetti, Hellknight Signifer, and Thrune Agent.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:

It's a balor, drawn from the image in the Bestiary Box. For that Pawn set, we re-ordered some art that we didn't like for whatever reason or (as in this case) art that originally had a more "horizontal" composition that wouldn't easily fit on the "vertical" pawn.

Other figures shown in the pictures above include (from left to right) Serpentfolk High Priest, Queen Ileosa, King Irovetti, Hellknight Signifer, and Thrune Agent.

Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to this set alright....


Now we only need to figure out what the bony-looking thing hiding behind the Balor is (between the Balor and what I assume is the Sandpoint Devil) as well as the greenish looking thing that we can get a glimpse of between the Balor's wings

Sczarni

I'll be picking up the gorilla king just because he is awesome! On a more depressing note, you almost got me. I am a pathfinder pawns fellow because they are economically affordable for me. But wow. These minis are stunning. I have liked every single one you have showcased so far. If I had $400 to blow, it would be yours for an entire case. I like this set because it's not based around an adventure path (although I'm not knocking your model, I understand completely). Many of these will probably make great NPC's or PC's. I want to be a gorilla now. Darn it, Paizo. Darn it all.

Dark Archive

That Balor, being able to see the comparative sizes of the Efreeti and the Garg' Green Dragon, and everything else, all the way to the hopefully very awesome Hellknight Signifer (who might be out just in time for me to run Signifer Ara Verennie against my PCs). I'm very excited about this next release! More Hellknights, I say!


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:

It's a balor, drawn from the image in the Bestiary Box. For that Pawn set, we re-ordered some art that we didn't like for whatever reason or (as in this case) art that originally had a more "horizontal" composition that wouldn't easily fit on the "vertical" pawn.

Other figures shown in the pictures above include (from left to right) Serpentfolk High Priest, Queen Ileosa, King Irovetti, Hellknight Signifer, and Thrune Agent.

Giggidy, I say old chap, giggidy indeed.


Isil-zha wrote:
Now we only need to figure out what the bony-looking thing hiding behind the Balor is (between the Balor and what I assume is the Sandpoint Devil) as well as the greenish looking thing that we can get a glimpse of between the Balor's wings

Wow, you must have rolled a 20 on your perception check. I really had to zoom in to see what you were referencing. I really have no ideas about the figure on the left... the Sandpoint devil's wings do a great job covering it. As for the mini on the right... based on the few details that I can make out I'm fairly certain it is the Fantastic Four's, The Thing with long green hair and wearing a cowboy hat.


I think it's the skeletal dragon from the skulls and shackles set.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Curmudgeonly wrote:
I think it's the skeletal dragon from the skulls and shackles set.

Based on the last picture, I think the Skull and Shackles set is on a different shelf.


oh my goodness! It's... so... beautiful...


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Marcus Moroe wrote:
oh my goodness! It's... so... beautiful...

It's full of stars!


Curmudgeonly wrote:
I think it's the skeletal dragon from the skulls and shackles set.

The base looks like a large one, so that's unlikely.

Paizo Employee Developer

Psst. There are some minis that aren't on display at our booth that *are* on display at the WizKids booth. I'll let a fan take that picture and post it at their leisure.

Shadow Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Is this the mini spoiler for this week, or do we get one with the Mona commentary?

Shadow Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

What's the coiled serpentine creature in the background of the balor pic, behind its left wing? Just behind what I assume is the sandpoint devil?

Shadow Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Mark Moreland wrote:
Psst. There are some minis that aren't on display at our booth that *are* on display at the WizKids booth. I'll let a fan take that picture and post it at their leisure.

C'mon someone get over there!


Cat-thulhu, that might actually be the Sandpoint Devil's reptilian tail that you are referring to? at least the colouring seems to match the preview

Shadow Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

May well be on reflection. That means the skeletal thing in between the sandpoint and the balor would appear to have a black tail and large black spines - maybe an ice devil?


I think I see some antennae as well (is that what you mean by spines?), so that would fit

Shadow Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Yep. Actually thinking it could be a vrolakai - the big four armed demons. Blury pic here about half way down the page - certainly looks four armed plasticrypt.

The video is links to is a little clearer but rips past fast. Also indicates a number of kobolds (3-4?) by the look of it: one looks like it could be Merlopkrep the kobold king (so maybe a dead version as well), some other small creature, three orcs(?) and a derhii (the flying apes)


Someone found some more pics over at pasticrypt .Looks different so my guess is it was from the wizkids booth.


Here
some
new
pic

There from wizkids boot, thanks crittohit.com for them ;)
Someone linked them to the guys over at plasticrypt

Paizo Employee Developer

No one's noticed that I only took these pictures from one side of the display case. There are Legends of Golarion minis displayed on two sides...


2 people marked this as a favorite.

hahaha this is beginning to remind me of an easter egg hunt where the parents have to keep reminding the kids that theres more scattered about.


Big Jay wrote:

Here

some
new
pic

There from wizkids boot, thanks crittohit.com for them ;)
Someone linked them to the guys over at plasticrypt

KOBOLDS! ... I'm happy :)

Shadow Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Yep the big thing behind the balor is indeed a vrolakai demon, the big 4 armed things that Nabassus (?)become. Also see:
a mothman,
a freaking awesome hezrou,
another hellkinght,
definte orc archer and orc warrior of some sort,
3 kobolds (archer, 2 others possibl kobold king)
a blond female in a blue/whit robe?

Shadow Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

That ain't no blue/white female, its Sajan (Doh!)

Community / Forums / Paizo / General Discussion / Paizo Blog: Pathfinder Battles while you wait All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion