With Gen Con just 10 days away, I wanted to release the new and improved Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play today so everyone has an opportunity to review it and discuss it before Gen Con. With the help of the Venture-Captains and Venture-Lieutenants, we have added several much-needed changes that we think will improve your experiences in Pathfinder Society play.
Most notably, the following changes will go into effect on August 15 when Season Five kicks off at Gen Con:
- Removed the Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Pathfinder Society Field Guide from the Core Assumption.
- Removed Lantern Lodge and Shadow Lodge factions.
- Added retraining rules from the Ultimate Campaign.
- Added Out-of-Subtier wealth.
- Added the ability for a player to receive a bonus on a free reroll tied to GM stars.
- Opened up Day Job rolls for sanctioned module play.
There are quite a few other updates and you should reference the change log for a detailed list of all changes from version 4.3 to 5.0.
I look forward to seeing folks at Gen Con and am looking forward to an even more awesome campaign in the upcoming Year of the Demon. I sincerely appreciate everyone who provided feedback for the changes to the Guide and worked together to make our organized play the best it can be for the player base, GMs, coordinators, and Venture-Officers. Feel free to pull me aside at Gen Con to chat about any or all of the above changes.
Pathfinder Society Campaign Coordinator