We Be Free!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer's coming, and that means Free RPG Day is just around the corner! As you no doubt know, June 15th is a day set aside for your friendly local game retailer to give you free goodies to get you excited about playing RPGs. This year, Paizo is contributing We Be Goblins Too! This follow-up adventure to the popular 2011 Free RPG Day module, We Be Goblins! puts you and your friends back in the goblin POV as you try to find a place for yourselves in an unfamiliar tribe.

Don't miss out on We Be Goblins Too! Stop by your local game store on Free RPG Day and pick up a physical copy. If you can't make it to Free RPG Day, you can get these 16 pages of goblin mayhem from the Paizo store starting in July.

Jay Loomis
Editorial Intern


More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Free RPG Day Pathfinder Modules

Can't wait for July to get a copy for the Missus. She's a HUGE PF Goblin fan and I know she wants this. :)


Sketchpad wrote:
Can't wait for July to get a copy for the Missus. She's a HUGE PF Goblin fan and I know she wants this. :)

Isn't Free RPg Day this Saturday?

Liberty's Edge

Yes, Free RPG Day is this Saturday.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cyd the Arcmagi wrote:
Sketchpad wrote:
Can't wait for July to get a copy for the Missus. She's a HUGE PF Goblin fan and I know she wants this. :)
Isn't Free RPg Day this Saturday?

It is, but if he doesn't have a participating store in his area, he has to wait till July 1st to buy a hard copy or download the free PDF from Paizo.

Sczarni RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Umm, the link for We Be Goblins Too! takes you to We Be Goblins!.

Digital Products Assistant

Thomas LeBlanc wrote:
Umm, the link for We Be Goblins Too! takes you to We Be Goblins!.

Fixed! :)

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Any chance we could get downloads of the characters early?? Harder to get people playing if they first have to write down their character details.

Webstore Gninja Minion

Pregenerated characters are available on the product page, or here's a direct link.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Yup, discovered them just after I posted...RTFM!

Grand Lodge

Thanks for putting the pre-gens and chronicles up early! It'll make it alot easier to run at Free RPG Day now.


Pathfinder Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

None of the stores in my area have chosen to participate this year, so it's either an 80 mile drive or wait for the pdf. Pdf it is...


XperimentalDM wrote:
Cyd the Arcmagi wrote:
Sketchpad wrote:
Can't wait for July to get a copy for the Missus. She's a HUGE PF Goblin fan and I know she wants this. :)
Isn't Free RPg Day this Saturday?
It is, but if he doesn't have a participating store in his area, he has to wait till July 1st to buy a hard copy or download the free PDF from Paizo.

Give that DM some XP! We used to have someone in the area, but the new owners have no desire to carry on the tradition.


Pathfinder Adventure Subscriber
Eridanis wrote:
None of the stores in my area have chosen to participate this year, so it's either an 80 mile drive or wait for the pdf. Pdf it is...

Yea, me too. I am in Poughkeepsie NY. NYC is 80 miles south or Albany is 80 miles north.

Dragons Den, in Poughkeepsie, used to but no more apparently.

-- david

Paizo Employee Developer

If you have a local store that's not participating in Free RPG Day, letting them know now that you'd love to see them participate next year, mentioning specifically how many potential customers you know you could bring to the store by offering in-store gaming like this adventure, may be the impetus for them to participate again in the future.

Scarab Sages

Over half of the stores in the DFW area stopped doing Free RPG Day this year. Most of them were stores that did it last year.

Unfortunately, there is only one of three stores nearby (within 25 minute drive) that I support, one has jerks running the place and at the register (opinion of most gamers I know around here), and the other will support Yugi-Oh! players over RPG every single time.

I think the third may just be too small, but perhaps a petition of "Would you buy $20+ of stuff from this store to participate in Free RPG Day?" may change their minds.


Mark Moreland wrote:
If you have a local store that's not participating in Free RPG Day, letting them know now that you'd love to see them participate next year, mentioning specifically how many potential customers you know you could bring to the store by offering in-store gaming like this adventure, may be the impetus for them to participate again in the future.

To be quite honest I have gone round and round with our local store owner. I have offered several times to organize an event or GM a regular Pathfinder night, with and without the assistance of the nearest PFS groups help. He lost big time when he picked up some DnD 3.5 stuff and has not see an significant return on Pathfinder products he has carried. Usually because it is far faster (although not always less expensive) for people to get them directly from Paizo. Ever since that he has had nearly no interest in doing anything RPG related and focuses on MTG/40k. Thus leads most RPG players (and my group specifically) to avoid spending any money at all in the only FLGS in town.

May seem like an over reaction, but its not that we actively avoid them. We just know that he will have nothing new of interest for us. Sure he is willing to get things shipped in, but why do that when it will take him 2 weeks or more beyond what it would take to get it from Paizo.

Went in and asked if they where doing anything for Free RPG day and was asked "What's that?" :(

Grand Lodge

I tried to have some store in Portugal ( not that there many) play FRPGDAY , but the cost of shiping to us is absurd , AND we had to find an US adress , usually of the dispatcher that would bring to Portugal , wich , by the way , refused to receive the material at their Wharehouse.
So FREERPGDAY is not for everyone unfortunately....

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Is there a reason there is such a large time frame between free RPG day and the release of this PDF? (I understand holding it back for a while but till the start of next month seems kind of long."

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

The delay was lengthened at the request of the people at Free RPG Day.

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventures / Paizo Blog: We Be Free! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Pathfinder Adventures