Aliens and Dragons

Saturday, May 25, 2013


Illustration by Kate Maximovich

In the upcoming installment of the Reign of Winter Adventure Path, Pathfinder #70: The Frozen Stars, the PCs' quest brings them to the planet Triaxus in the midst of its generations-long winter. I don't want to spoil anything for those of you playing in the Adventure Path, but there are dragons... and aliens.

Adam Daigle
Developer

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Dragons Kate Maximovich Pathfinder Adventure Path Reign of Winter
Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber

" - Do you know where Santa is now children?
- In the hearts and minds of every child?
- No, out in space, gathering power! Raise the shields children! Raise the shields!"

and this is what passes through my mind...


But are there alien dragons?


Arikiel wrote:
But are there alien dragons?

A half-dragon destrachan looks pretty damn alien to me.


ratlord wrote:

" - Do you know where Santa is now children?

- In the hearts and minds of every child?
- No, out in space, gathering power! Raise the shields children! Raise the shields!"

and this is what passes through my mind...

It makes me think of Santa Clause Conquers the Martians.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Society Subscriber
Harrison wrote:
ratlord wrote:

" - Do you know where Santa is now children?

- In the hearts and minds of every child?
- No, out in space, gathering power! Raise the shields children! Raise the shields!"

and this is what passes through my mind...

It makes me think of Santa Clause Conquers the Martians.

Bow down before the power of Santa!


Harrison wrote:
ratlord wrote:

" - Do you know where Santa is now children?

- In the hearts and minds of every child?
- No, out in space, gathering power! Raise the shields children! Raise the shields!"

and this is what passes through my mind...

It makes me think of Santa Clause Conquers the Martians.

Head butt!


Are it high tech aliens or aliens in the form of Destrachan, Witchwyrd and Aboleths?

I would totally dig the latter and totally ignore the high tech.


There's no high tech on Triaxus.

Shadow Lodge

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Aliens and Dragons? Should we beware of Threadfall?


The blue dragon looks like it is laughing.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
pH unbalanced wrote:
Aliens and Dragons? Should we beware of Threadfall?

The Pern series was undoubtably one inspiration for Triaxus, along with the Heliconia novels. :)

And I wouldn't put it past Eox to send some nastiness to them in the form of fungal warfare/whatever ... or even better, something "thrown off" from Aucturn! ... Maybe it's one method for the Dominion of the Black to "soften up" the opposition before entering a system in force ...


Ugh, lentils. Man, i so WISH Santa made an appearance in this game.

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

since the party is coming from another planet, aren't they the aliens?

Paizo Employee Developer

chopswil wrote:
since the party is coming from another planet, aren't they the aliens?

To Triaxians, absolutely.

Silver Crusade

Devastation Bob wrote:
Ugh, lentils. Man, i so WISH Santa made an appearance in this game.

Cross your fingers for Rasputin Must Die!

Adam Daigle wrote:
chopswil wrote:
since the party is coming from another planet, aren't they the aliens?
To Triaxians, absolutely.

Insert comment about tourists going on about "foreigners" while in other countries. :)

On a partially related note, I love love LOVE that we got some Triaxan animals that are actually of the animal creature type.

Paizo Employee Developer

Agreed!

Also, I <heart> wollipeds.

Dark Archive

If you are about to kill a Dragon and an Alien pops out of its chest do you still get the experience points?


Nimon wrote:


If you are about to kill a Dragon and an Alien pops out of its chest do you still get the experience points?

If you let the chestburster escape, you get the XP and then have the fun of hunting down the Dragon Xenomorph it'll grow into!

Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Adventure Path / Reign of Winter / Paizo Blog: Aliens and Dragons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Reign of Winter