The First of Many

Monday, March 25, 2013


Illustrations by Yong Yi Lee and Ian Llanas

This month's Pathfinder Society Scenarios send the ever-resourceful agents after two valuable treasure troves, and thanks to its inside information, the society has exclusive access to both sites; however, just because a ruin is long-forgotten does not mean that it is undefended.

Sam Polak's Pathfinder Society Scenario #4-17: Tower of the Ironwood Watch sends the Pathfinders to the edge of the Mierani Forest to explore a lost elven watchtower.

Pathfinder Society Scenario #4-18 The Veteran's Vault, written by former Editorial Intern, Savannah Broadway, sends the operatives to recover an ex-Pathfinder's hidden wealth that she secreted away somewhere in Korvosa five years ago.

This is an exciting month of "firsts" for many reasons. It's the first time that we deal directly with Venture-Captain Sir Canayven Heidmarch, Sheila's husband. Also, not only are these the authors' first Pathfinder Society scenarios that they have written, but they're also the first that I had the privilege to develop. Look for these scenarios later this week.

John Compton
Developer

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Ian Llanas Pathfinder Society Yong Yi Lee
Sovereign Court **

Nice!

Can't wait. Hopefully, 4-18 is super awesome. :) It's the main scenario I'm running at Gen Con. How much fun was it to develop your first scenario's John?

John E.

Sovereign Court *****

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Uh... didn't Sir Canayven show up in

Spoiler:
4-13 Fortress of the Nail? He's the one that gives you the mission...

Nice to have a month where we don't have to worry about the ever-present threat of the Aspis Consortium though...


Is there artwork in the scenarios like in the modules or adventure paths?

Liberty's Edge **

Iammars: Indeed he did. One of my players actually commented on the fact they didnt realise he was also a Venture Captain. I didnt really know myself until I had read the scenario. He appears to be the reserved one in that relationship. It is actually the only Season 4 I have run so far.

Both sound quite Interesting.

Paizo Employee ** Developer

Nick O'Connell wrote:
Is there artwork in the scenarios like in the modules or adventure paths?

Every scenario to be released since January 2011 has some combination of new maps, portraits, and full-body illustrations, based on the specific needs of the scenario. While there aren't as many new pieces of art as you'd find in the larger, printed adventures in the Pathfinder Adventure Path and Pathfinder Modules lines, they're not just text and statblocks.

Grand Lodge Contributor

What's the release date for these?


Mark Moreland wrote:
Nick O'Connell wrote:
Is there artwork in the scenarios like in the modules or adventure paths?
Every scenario to be released since January 2011 has some combination of new maps, portraits, and full-body illustrations, based on the specific needs of the scenario. While there aren't as many new pieces of art as you'd find in the larger, printed adventures in the Pathfinder Adventure Path and Pathfinder Modules lines, they're not just text and statblocks.

. So just to be sure they don't show iconics batteling or interacting in the scenarios ?

*****

ooooo cannot wait to get my grubby little hands on these.

Grand Lodge *****

Nick O'Connell wrote:
So just to be sure they don't show iconics batteling or interacting in the scenarios ?

Generally speaking, no, though they do contain images of enemies, monsters, important NPCs, combat-scale maps, items, and the ocassional city layout type map.

Im sure they could include that kind of art if they wanted, which I would very much enjoy seeing, but I would imagine doing so would raise the price of the scenarios considerably.

****

Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Shaun Hocking wrote:
What's the release date for these?

Soon™


Seth Gipson wrote:
Nick O'Connell wrote:
So just to be sure they don't show iconics batteling or interacting in the scenarios ?

Generally speaking, no, though they do contain images of enemies, monsters, important NPCs, combat-scale maps, items, and the ocassional city layout type map.

Im sure they could include that kind of art if they wanted, which I would very much enjoy seeing, but I would imagine doing so would raise the price of the scenarios considerably.

Alright thank you.

Paizo Employee ***** Developer

Sir Canayven Heidmarch recently broke cover to inform me that yes, he has given one other mission before. As an aside, he also seemed pleased that investing in Skill Focus (Stealth) has paid off. He returns this month to follow up on a loose thread from that very same mission.

Canayven in Action:
#4-13 Fortress of the Nail

Sovereign Court *****

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
John Compton wrote:

Sir Canayven Heidmarch recently broke cover to inform me that yes, he has given one other mission before. As an aside, he also seemed pleased that investing in Skill Focus (Stealth) has paid off. He returns this month to follow up on a loose thread from that very same mission.

** spoiler omitted **

Well then, let the speculation begin!

Spoiler:

Here's my guess:
The Veteran's Vault is Sascha's vault.

Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society / Paizo Blog: The First of Many All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.