The submission period for Round 1 wondrous items is over! The tech team is preparing the voting software as we speak. So what's next?
- Public voting begins this Thursday, December 20, at 2 PM Pacific time! Unlike in previous years, anyone can log in to paizo.com and vote on entries. Your votes will separate the good entries from the bad and determine the best competitors to move on to Round 2.
- You can vote on items as much as you like. Exact details of how the voting works will be available when the voting period begins, but in short you'll be shown two random entries and vote on which one you like better.
- The voting period closes on January 15, 2013, at 2 PM Pacific time. That gives you plenty of time to look at several items each day and contribute many votes overall.
- If you did submit a wondrous item for Round 1, you should be thinking about archetype designs for Round 2. If you start planning now, that's four extra weeks of design time for your archetype masterpiece! And be sure to read my advice about archetype design posted on the messageboards.
- The Round 2 rules will be revealed later this week—be sure to check the Paizo blog and the RPG Superstar page for the surprise twist!
Also, be sure to check out the Atomic Array's Special Edition segment, featuring RPG Superstar 2012, Mike Welham!
Sean K Reynolds
Designer and RPG Superstar Judge