Illustrations by Andrew Hou, Michael Saas, and Florian Stitz. Wallpaper design by Crystal Frasier. Widescreen version here.


Goblins for All!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Because you asked for it, the following changes are coming to Pathfinder:

  1. Introducing the next in our popular Players Companion line of products: Goblins of Purity!

    Goblins are popular. But they're not popular enough! With "Goblins of Purity," we're giving you what you've been asking for—the chance to fully embrace all of the madness and mayhem that is being a goblin—but in a way that allows you to still be a hero. This book is jam-packed with all manner of fun and exciting options for goblins dedicated to fighting against the rise of evil (as most often personified by greedy adventurers, slavering dogs, and those hateful horses with their sharp, sharp hooves and soulless eyes), all while maintaining the rip-roaring fun that being an arsonist or a baby-eater brings.

    Goblins of Purity includes:

    • Two dozen goblin archetypes, including the Dog Hunter ranger, the Friendly Picklechucker rogue, and the Peaceful Beachcomber paladin

    • An extensive discussion of brand-new goblin versions of your favorite deities

    • An exciting reworking of the alignment system that allows you to play arsonists and baby-eaters while still being good-aligned

    • A brand-new 20-level base class built especially for would-be goblin heroes—the Goblin Babysitter, a class that gets extensive use out of this book's new "innocent accident charts"

  2. We're not there yet, but when we send the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook back for another reprint, we'll be adding goblins to the list of core player races. Now everyone can be a goblin!

  3. Starting today, goblins are now mandatory for play in the Pathfinder Society. Every group must have at least one goblin in the party. I expect some awesome stories from your games this weekend!

  4. Later this year, we'll release the Goblinomicon, a 64-page book that outlines the foes goblins confront in daily life—including true and accurate stat blocks for dogs and horses!

  5. Spoiler:

    And... if you haven't figured out already, Happy April Fools Day!

Hyrum Savage
Marketing and Organized Play Manager

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Andrew Hou Crystal Frasier Florian Stitz Goblins Wallpapers
51 to 100 of 118 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

*chuckle* awesome! I am looking forward to the "real" gobo's book..

Liberty's Edge

What do you mean it's not real ? There is already the Koboldnomicon !

GOBLINS DESERVE EQUAL RIGHTS !!!!

THE PEOPLE DEMAND IT.

Buy our Galtian lottery tickets and find out who is traitor next !


Jareth would be proud. "...I move the stars for no one..."


Thanks for the wallpaper!

Dark Archive

Moebius wrote:
Jareth would be proud. "...I move the stars for no one..."

Oh, now I just have to write up a half-elven sorcerer who has convinced a bunch of goblins that he's their king...


Would rather have had this than the Halfling race book :)


runs through thread


(looks with bewilderment at the pic)

...okay. WHO LET JAMES OUT OF HIS CAGE?


...I would not have a problem with goblins making their way into the core rulebook as a core race...and would buy it again just for that.

-The Beast


I'd already planned on getting the Free RPG Day Goblins adventure and then the Goblins of Golarion, so yeah, I want this too.

My only real concern is that if this becomes real, then the kobolds will want one too. And kobolds are Forbidden from having nice things. ;)


That goblin paladin with the blue dragon headdress is pure awesome, btw.

Silver Crusade

weirmonken wrote:
I'm sure Mikaze will be very pleased.

Hell yeah, I'd buy it. The "innocent accident" chart alone would make it worth the money.

The follow-up book, Boggards of Balance, just leaves me cold though.

In all seriousness, that goblin Dragon-eagle Knight is totally going to wind up getting used for one of the followers in our Crimson Throne campaign.

Spoiler:
PLayers converted a bunch of goblins to Sarenrae worship, which is both awesome and incredibly dangerous.

This book would actually get some use there. :)

edit-Put me down as another that would love to see goblin versions of the Big 20 gods. :D

Dark Archive

I guess I have a new book on top of my wish list... It may stay on top of my wish list for a long long time... till I have a gabo Paly to save it from it's dark tower.

Grand Lodge

Best 4/1 ever...

So... when are you guys gonna give in to pressure and write this up?


James Jacobs wrote:
R. Doyle wrote:
Do you think if enough of us ask for this they will actually make it?
No.

No...? Or.... yes!?


Mikaze wrote:
PLayers converted a bunch of goblins to Sarenrae worship, which is both awesome and incredibly dangerous.

Bah! Big accomplishment!

"She's the FIRE goddess. Her sword is BURNING. Her hair IS FIRE!"
"We be in!"


I have to add my voice to this chorus: This idea is way too awesome to stay an April Fool's joke!

I can foresee one of two things:

Either you buckle under the pressure, with fans demanding the book over and over, harassing you at GenCon, PaizoCon, at work, at home, threatening to take your loved ones and pets hostage, starting to speak in goblin on the boards until you give in* and so on, and do the book (maybe a PDF only release)...

...or it becomes a community project.

*I did the gnome thing for months on the wizards boards when they wouldn't tell us about gnome minis in DDM. Don't make me do the goblin thing on these boards! I think my mental influence here is sufficient to convert many others to do it along with me! ;-P


such a book, the goblinacon would not work unless it had all the goblinoids in it and how they treat elves....

and maybe then would I buy such a book

Dark Archive

KaeYoss wrote:
...or it becomes a community project.

Wayfinder 6 theme? Goblin PCs!

Perhaps it's time to revisit Gobblin Fite Klub and my side-trek adventure 'Save my Ass!'

Dark Archive Contributor

KaeYoss wrote:
*I did the gnome thing for months on the wizards boards when they wouldn't tell us about gnome minis in DDM. Don't make me do the goblin thing on these boards! I think my mental influence here is sufficient to convert many others to do it along with me! ;-P

This is an incredibly serious threat. He added a silent G to every n he used. It was scarring. I still wake up in a cold sweat some nights. For the love of all that is holy, someone organize a goblin product for KaeYoss!


I want it!!!

It reminds me of the "My Little Pony" RPG WotC announced on April Fool's a couple years back. It was retarded that it was only a joke. That kind of thing would be a huge seller and a real gateway to roleplaying for the younger set. It made me sad for WotC.

Lantern Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Is it sad that when i saw this i was immediately excited and started looking to preorder the goblinomicon?


sarokcat wrote:
Is it sad that when i saw this i was immediately excited and started looking to preorder the goblinomicon?

Heck no - I WANT both the Goblinomicon and the Poninomicon!!


I'ma be a Goblin Babysitter! <----(NSFW!)


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

I think we should organize a goblin-in. We dress up as our favorite goblinized iconics and protest outside Paizo until this becomes reality. This is just too cool.

Silver Crusade

A goblin puppet would be fine too. :)


I actually play a goblin PC, a Paladin to be precise. He stands as the voice of goodness and reason in a party with two ambivalent rangers, a temperamental wizard, and an evil bard.

My greatest sorrow is that this sourcebook would appear to have nothing for me. Tlik isn't so interested in eating babies and burning things down. What will this book have to help him out?

Uh, aside from an awesome character picture.


Ok I am going to have to say...please don't write this book. They already ruined kobolds...don't destroy goblins too.

Although...Goblins would make a awesome one book rule light game that is silly and explored goblin life...

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

John Kretzer wrote:

Ok I am going to have to say...please don't write this book. They already ruined kobolds...don't destroy goblins too.

Although...Goblins would make a awesome one book rule light game that is silly and explored goblin life...

Well, I have bad news for you ...

The Exchange

Boxhead wrote:
KaeYoss wrote:
*I did the gnome thing for months on the wizards boards when they wouldn't tell us about gnome minis in DDM. Don't make me do the goblin thing on these boards! I think my mental influence here is sufficient to convert many others to do it along with me! ;-P
This is an incredibly serious threat. He added a silent G to every n he used. It was scarring. I still wake up in a cold sweat some nights. For the love of all that is holy, someone organize a goblin product for KaeYoss!

Ui! wads diss? U no me? I be fay mess!

Silver Crusade

Käi-iosss da Goblin wrote:
Boxhead wrote:
KaeYoss wrote:
*I did the gnome thing for months on the wizards boards when they wouldn't tell us about gnome minis in DDM. Don't make me do the goblin thing on these boards! I think my mental influence here is sufficient to convert many others to do it along with me! ;-P
This is an incredibly serious threat. He added a silent G to every n he used. It was scarring. I still wake up in a cold sweat some nights. For the love of all that is holy, someone organize a goblin product for KaeYoss!
Ui! wads diss? U no me? I be fay mess!

I trust you are, of course, dictating this to someone else doing the posting.


want!!!!!!!!!


I was really excited when I saw this today. Imagine my disappointment when I remembered yesterday's date.


Kobold Cleaver wrote:
I was really excited when I saw this today. Imagine my disappointment when I remembered yesterday's date.

But seriously though how long would it take this amazing community to create a real Goblin book. I can see it now...Actually why do you need a book Goblins have stats to be played as pcs, and the algnment in the bestiary is only what an average goblin is. once you take class levels you are a hero not a zero! GOBLINS OF THE WORLD UNITE!!!


Oi! Alla youz mook gobbz pile alla dat burny stuff over there...

Den I chuk my burnyFIREbottal at it and it all goez WOOOOSH burnyburnyburny!!!

Den we'z DANCE!!!

The Exchange

Mikaze wrote:
Käi-iosss da Goblin wrote:
Boxhead wrote:
KaeYoss wrote:
*I did the gnome thing for months on the wizards boards when they wouldn't tell us about gnome minis in DDM. Don't make me do the goblin thing on these boards! I think my mental influence here is sufficient to convert many others to do it along with me! ;-P
This is an incredibly serious threat. He added a silent G to every n he used. It was scarring. I still wake up in a cold sweat some nights. For the love of all that is holy, someone organize a goblin product for KaeYoss!
Ui! wads diss? U no me? I be fay mess!
I trust you are, of course, dictating this to someone else doing the posting.

Ies, ai do. Dad otha person also be me, budd other perfor.. preso... voys in mai hedd!

We be bruddas!

The Exchange

Wikid Smart Bozz Gob wrote:

Oi! Alla youz mook gobbz pile alla dat burny stuff over there...

Den I chuk my burnyFIREbottal at it and it all goez WOOOOSH burnyburnyburny!!!

Den we'z DANCE!!!

bozz bozz! Ai 8 ur klose again!

Sorry me no mean to!

The Exchange

Okai, me go first!

Abadar
Boss of the Big Treasure Room
God of really big villages, things you do and don't, swap meets and shiny things

Abadar lives in a really shiny big village he calls Axes, though there are no axes around. Weird, that. There are lotsa really shiny things in there, though! Abadar is a real smarty and wants everyone to live in big shiny villages and get many shiny things for themselves when they do what they're told.

People who tell others what to do, people who swap things, and people with big shiny names pray to him a lot! Also, people who have things taken away from them by meanies prey to him so he makes the meanies give things back, but those people are big crybabies.

He wants you to do what you are told by your boss, but not if the boss is a wimp or too crazy. He also wants you to find many shiny things and swap them much with others everyone has many shiny things. He wants you not to go pick fights with long folks, because they're no fun, anyway. Better to take what they throw away, the dummies!
Abadar looks really neat and shiny and has found the bestest loot for himself, that's why he's a god and you're not.

Priesties of Abadar really like to tell others what to do, but they also tell you how to find shiny things better. They don't care what you do as long as you do what you are told and make no mess. They also wear shiny things a lot and live in really shiny huts. Shiny shiny shiny!

When Abadar likes you he makes you find extra shiny things, but if you make him mad he hides all shiny things from you and makes you very sad!


O-K allz youze guyz lissen upz!

I'ma learn youze bout Triksy Bozz Azm-mo-deuz.

Him da god o' Bein' in Charge, Slaves, and Triksy Writin'.

Azmodeuz lives in a big ol' kassle, deep in Hell. He looks like he wantz ta look like, but mostly like a longshanks with goat legs, red skin, and hornz. O yah, sometimez he'z all on fire and burny, too.

Mostly longshanks like Bozz Azmodeuz, specially them that wantz stuff they cant get nowhere else. He'z really good at trikkin' folks, and he probly thunk up writin' just to steal more soulz. Sometimez folks prey so's he'll take vengeance for them, but they alwayz end up payin' for it.

He wantz uz all to lissen to him and do what he sayz, and that's just fine, cuz he's the toughest, meanest, smartest bozz in da joint. He'z even got other Hell Bozzez dat lizten to him and do what he sayz.

Priesty's o' Bozz Azmodeuz tell youze all kindz of stuff, but lotz of time they're just lying. They really get a kick out of that. They wear all kindz a' red and black, and usually got this pointy star thingy on chains or painted on stuff. If you're good, they even letz you stab and burn the sacaficez sometimes.

When Boss Azmodeuz is happy wit you, all kindz a trickz you pull work better, and wordz sometimes don't take your soulz. When he's mad at you, watch out, cuz bad stuff is gonna happen ta youze real fast. Probly burnyburnyburny.


Käi-iosss da Goblin wrote:
Wikid Smart Bozz Gob wrote:

Oi! Alla youz mook gobbz pile alla dat burny stuff over there...

Den I chuk my burnyFIREbottal at it and it all goez WOOOOSH burnyburnyburny!!!

Den we'z DANCE!!!

bozz bozz! Ai 8 ur klose again!

Sorry me no mean to!

dat'z ok...I DANCE NEKKID!!!

now more burnyfireburn


Someone really needs to make the Dog Hunter ranger archetype.


I wish i may i wish i might be a Goblin Magus in a Pathfinder Fight

Goblin Gunslinger for some reason i would i think of Deadpool
Goblin Cleric would open up new roleplaying
Goblin Witch

I would love if Goblin Came into Pathfinder Socity get a quest from a Goblin Adventure Captain


For just for the pure potential for comedy something like this would be worth getting. I'm already starting to get flashbacks of Hoggle in the movie Labyrinth.


FenrysStar wrote:
For just for the pure potential for comedy something like this would be worth getting. I'm already starting to get flashbacks of Hoggle in the movie Labyrinth.

Dance Magic Dance!


Saw this just now. Didn't look at the date.

Called my DM told him that I wanted to play this.

Realized it was an april fools joke.

Now I'm afraid to call my DM to let him know its not real :(


Weekie The Dazzler wrote:

Saw this just now. Didn't look at the date.

Called my DM told him that I wanted to play this.

Realized it was an april fools joke.

Now I'm afraid to call my DM to let him know its not real :(

Check the above link to Goblins of Golarion. also, Bestiary stats are playable as-written. Just be sure to have fun playing up the unique quirks of goblins ... :)

Shadow Lodge

Sigh and I was going to totally make a Cavalier Flamey Wagon Rider....


KaeYoss wrote:

I have to add my voice to this chorus: This idea is way too awesome to stay an April Fool's joke!

I can foresee one of two things:

Either you buckle under the pressure, with fans demanding the book over and over, harassing you at GenCon, PaizoCon, at work, at home, threatening to take your loved ones and pets hostage, starting to speak in goblin on the boards until you give in* and so on, and do the book (maybe a PDF only release)...

...or it becomes a community project.

*I did the gnome thing for months on the wizards boards when they wouldn't tell us about gnome minis in DDM. Don't make me do the goblin thing on these boards! I think my mental influence here is sufficient to convert many others to do it along with me! ;-P

+1

Naba kella maka Kishte!!*
*translated from goblin [Make the (expletive deleted) book!]


dave.gillam wrote:

+1

Naba kella maka Kishte!!*
*translated from goblin [Make the (expletive deleted) book!]

I would pay my hard earned copper pieces to have this book to learn how to kill...er..care for the hoo-mans and their pooplings.

Silver Crusade

Adding to those that seriously would like a book like this, minus a reworked alignment system. (if I want to play a good goblin I'm going to play a good goblin)

Something more general might be best though, like advice on how to play good-aligned members of stereotypically evil races, how they can fit into the world, and probably how to survive in Golarion. Seriously, with stuff like the Lantern Bearers around, anyone wanting to play a good or even neutral drow needs all the help and advice they can get.

Käi-iosss da Goblin wrote:

Okai, me go first!

Abadar
Boss of the Big Treasure Room
God of really big villages, things you do and don't, swap meets and shiny things

Keep these coming. :D

51 to 100 of 118 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Pathfinder / Pathfinder First Edition / Pathfinder Player Companion / Paizo Blog: Goblins for All! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.