Pathfinder Society Regional Coordinators—Apply Now!


Pathfinder Society Regional Coordinators—Apply Now!

Friday, July 2, 2010

At long last the time has come to open the doors to the wide world of Pathfinder Society Regional Coordinators. This plan has been a long time coming and thanks to years of player and GM feedback, I think we now have a plan in place to turn over some of the responsibilities for organizing and growing Pathfinder Society to local and regional volunteers, many of whom have already been doing so since the beginning.

A few fine-print notes before we get started:

1. The Pathfinder Society Organized Play Regional Coordinator is a volunteer position. Regional coordinators are not Paizo Publishing employees. They are not official representatives of the company. Applying for the volunteer position of regional coordinator means you acknowledge these restrictions.

2. A Pathfinder Society Organized Play Regional Coordinator must be willing and able to fulfill a list of monthly volunteer duties as noted below.

3. A Pathfinder Society Organized Play Regional Coordinator must always strive to act in a professional, positive, and outgoing manner when functioning in their capacity as volunteers for Paizo Publishing.

4. You must be 18 years of age or older and you must be willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with Paizo Publishing.

Assuming you're still on board, here's the regional coordinator volunteer position in greater detail:

What is a Pathfinder Society Organized Play Regional Coordinator?

A regional coordinator is a local and regional organizer and point of contact for Paizo Publishing's worldwide organized play campaign, Pathfinder Society.

Regional Coordinator Volunteer Duties and Expectations

1. Organize a minimum of two Pathfinder Society Organized Play convention or game store appearances per month in your local or regional area of responsibility.

2. Attend PaizoCon or Gen Con and work for Paizo at one (or both) of those conventions annually. Non-USA regional coordinators will be expected to attend large local conventions to be named later.

3. Maintain and update monthly a full report of local game stores including contact information, manager's name, what Paizo products they carry, and whether or not they're running Pathfinder Society Organized Play events (with or without your assistance).

4. Build a positive rapport with all local game store managers and employees.

5. Provide the campaign coordinator with frequent feedback from game stores, volunteers, and players in your local area or region of responsibility.

6. Be a Paizo Publishing product expert. Familiarize yourself with all of our product lines and be comfortable talking about all of them.

7. Game Master a minimum of one Pathfinder Society Organized Play session per month.

8. Participate daily on the Pathfinder Society Organized Play messageboards and on the private Regional Coordinator messageboard.

9. Build and maintain monthly an email list of local volunteers.

10. To the best of your ability, ensure that all Pathfinder Society Organized Play sessions run in your local area or region of responsibility are reported and reported accurately.

11. Be the go-to contact for your local area or region of responsibility; assist local game days, game clubs, conventions, or any other such group wanting a Pathfinder Society Organized Play presence at their event.

12. Ensure that all Pathfinder Society Organized Play events in your local area or region of responsibility are entered into the event-finder at paizo.com/pathfindersociety.

Rewards for Pathfinder Society Organized Play Regional Coordinators

1. Free attendance at PaizoCon or Gen Con (or both), including free badges, a portion of a hotel room, booth vouchers, and possible product rewards. In order to receive the free attendance, the regional coordinator must arrange his or her own travel to and from show, must provide for his or her own food, and must volunteer for a minimum of eight slots at Gen Con and a minimum of four slots at PaizoCon.

2. Pathfinder Society Organized Play Regional Coordinator dinner at PaizoCon or Gen Con (or both).

3. Free PDFs of every new PDF product Paizo Publishing releases added to your My Downloads section on paizo.com.

4. Annual exclusive special scenario available to regional coordinators and 5-star GMs only for one year.

5. Messageboard tag in the Pathfinder Society messageboards: Pathfinder Society Regional Coordinator. (Note: this tag will trump all other tags while posting on the Pathfinder Society messageboards.)

6. Special exclusive events at PaizoCon and Gen Con.

Local and Regional Targets

As we begin our regional coordinator program, we are only seeking candidates for the following local and regional areas. If you do not live in one of these areas, please do not apply. As we grow, we plan to expand our regional coordinator program into more locations worldwide—so if you don't see your area on here yet, don't despair! We may be coming soon to a region near you.

USA:
Atlanta, GA
Raleigh, NC
Tampa, FL
New York City, NY
Columbus, OH
Indianapolis, IN
Chicago, IL
Detroit, MI
Milwaukee, WI
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
Austin, TX
Houston, TX
Denver, CO
Seattle, WA
San Francisco, CA
Los Angeles, CA
San Diego, CA
Phoenix, AZ
Las Vegas, NV
Cincinnati, OH
Knoxville, TN
Northern Virginia-Greater DC Area
Boston, MA
Minneapolis-St Paul, MN

Europe:
United Kingdom
Ireland
France
Belgium-Netherlands
Germany
Spain
Italy

Asia-Pacific:
Australia

How to Apply

Send an email to pathfindersociety@paizo.com with the subject Pathfinder Society Regional Coordinator. In this email, please attach a copy of your normal employment resume in .doc, .txt, or .rtf format that includes your employment history, job skills, education, and anything else that displays a history of professional employment. Please ensure that your resume includes your physical mailing address, full legal name, phone number, and email address.

Additionally, please include a separate document in .doc, .txt, or .rtf format that contains the following information:

1. Detail your involvement in Pathfinder Society Organized Play over the last two years.

2. Detail conventions, events, game days, clubs, and so on that you have organized and run.

3. Detail your roleplaying game history.

4. List how many stars you currently have on your Pathfinder Society Organized Play GM rating.

5. List your Pathfinder Society ID # and the email address associated with your paizo.com account (if different from your email address in your resume).

6. Detail any conventions, events, game days, clubs and so on that you plan to attend this year.

7. Finally, detail two ideas that you haven't seen Paizo try that, in your opinion, will help grow Pathfinder Society Organized Play in your local area or region.

While you do not have to be a member of Pathfinder Society Organized Play to apply for this volunteer position, preference will be given to those who display a solid history of involvement with the Society. I will update this paizo.com blog post frequently (and the associated discussion thread) as I fill positions.

Please make sure you follow all of the instructions above. I look forward to hearing from you!

Joshua J. Frost
Events Manager

More Paizo Blog.
Tags: Community Paizo Pathfinder Society
151 to 191 of 191 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Herald wrote:

When I interviewed with Joshua at genCon this was definately mentioned.

And no I don't know if I got the nod. If you think you have the chops I would suggest that you step up, even if you might be in compitition with me. Best person for the position and all.

If nothing else it shows you are devoted to the game. It is like applying for a job. Often HR departments will keep you on file after a position is filled. If they think you have promise for something else down the pike you get a call. It has happened to me.

Scarab Sages

This might have already been asked, but if it was, I never saw an answer from Josh...

What are you using to determine the most active regions. Is it number of scenarios run, or number of events set up in the area?

ie. I run 20 sessions under scenario X while someone else runs 1 session under 20 scenarios?

I ask because I have a friend who thinks he has to make a new event based on the reasons he's running (ie. group of friends, someone is out of town, location, day of the week, etc)

I'll understand if you choose not to answer this, considering how it might taint the reporting of scenarios.


Active regions are based perceptively on two factors:

1. Amount of reporting
2. Amount of messageboard traffic

From those two factors, I determined the starting regions for the Society. Keep in mind that if your region isn't on the starting list, it still may someday be there. :-)

Liberty's Edge 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Alaska—Anchorage aka Dragnmoon

Joshua J. Frost wrote:
Keep in mind that if your region isn't on the starting list, it still may someday be there. :-)

yup, I am working on it!

Edit: I Want to Make Texas the PFS place to go!


Joshua J. Frost wrote:

Active regions are based perceptively on two factors:

1. Amount of reporting
2. Amount of messageboard traffic

From those two factors, I determined the starting regions for the Society. Keep in mind that if your region isn't on the starting list, it still may someday be there. :-)

:w00t: !

You're back, posting! Hurrah!
Does this mean your shoulder is now fully functional (or that we can expect a regional coordinators first wave announcement any day now)?


Look for the first wave of coordinators to be announced mid-September. I've made some decisions, but I want to announce a solid group of those decisions at once.


Okay, thanks. :)

Sczarni 4/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Connecticut—Manchester aka Cpt_kirstov

Joshua J. Frost wrote:

Active regions are based perceptively on two factors:

1. Amount of reporting
2. Amount of messageboard traffic

From those two factors, I determined the starting regions for the Society. Keep in mind that if your region isn't on the starting list, it still may someday be there. :-)

for #2 is that message board traffic in general, or more centered to the society boards? I tend to post more to the other sections unless I have fully read/GMed a scenario, or are preparing there-to, but on the flip side including all messageboards allows PbPs to up a region's post count. Sorry, just thinking out loud...

The Concordance RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32

Joshua J. Frost wrote:
Look for the first wave of coordinators to be announced mid-September. I've made some decisions, but I want to announce a solid group of those decisions at once.

Those of us who weren't at GenCon (and I mean me) are looking forward to talking with you on the phone. How can we schedule that if you are still interested in doing that, that is.


Cpt_kirstov wrote:
Joshua J. Frost wrote:

Active regions are based perceptively on two factors:

1. Amount of reporting
2. Amount of messageboard traffic

From those two factors, I determined the starting regions for the Society. Keep in mind that if your region isn't on the starting list, it still may someday be there. :-)

for #2 is that message board traffic in general, or more centered to the society boards? I tend to post more to the other sections unless I have fully read/GMed a scenario, or are preparing there-to, but on the flip side including all messageboards allows PbPs to up a region's post count. Sorry, just thinking out loud...

Society messageboards. :-)


catdragon wrote:
Joshua J. Frost wrote:
Look for the first wave of coordinators to be announced mid-September. I've made some decisions, but I want to announce a solid group of those decisions at once.
Those of us who weren't at GenCon (and I mean me) are looking forward to talking with you on the phone. How can we schedule that if you are still interested in doing that, that is.

I'll contact you.

Shadow Lodge

And for those of us interested that are close by, if you have the time you're still more than welcome to follow up on what we talked about at Gen Con and come play with the Oly PFS folks. :)


I plan on it. :-)

Liberty's Edge 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Alaska—Anchorage aka Dragnmoon

Can we get this thread fixed so when I click on the last post I go to the last post instead of the first page?


Dragnmoon wrote:
Can we get this thread fixed so when I click on the last post I go to the last post instead of the first page?

Yes please!

Dark Archive

We are stroking the Minnesota fires. No Wisconsin cheese allowed at our table...ehmm... unless its a bribe...:-)

Paizo Employee Managing Developer

Thanks for fixing the thread.

Spoiler:
PS: It's doing its old trick after you post a new post too.....{edit}But not after that edit. Maybe it's just me.


It just took me to the first page instead of the last post.

Liberty's Edge

Ditto!

Shadow Lodge 5/5

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook Subscriber
Soliloquies wrote:

We are stroking the Minnesota fires. No Wisconsin cheese allowed at our table...ehmm... unless its a bribe...:-)

More like fanning Minnesota fires.

With you five we'll be up to 13 regular players that I'm aware of and at least 4 more that want to play semi-regularly. I wish more MN folks posted here; how we got the message board traffic high enough to get on the list is beyond me.


Joshua J. Frost wrote:
Look for the first wave of coordinators to be announced mid-September. I've made some decisions, but I want to announce a solid group of those decisions at once.

Eagerly looking for these announcements and hoping to see a name for Los Angeles area! Oh wait, two more days till mid month. Darn.

I'll check back in a few days. :)

We have a trickle of PFS games now running at the store, I'd love for more.


I'll be making a series of phone calls tomorrow to wrap the first wave. Some folks have already even been selected. :-)


Joshua J. Frost wrote:
I'll be making a series of phone calls tomorrow to wrap the first wave. Some folks have already even been selected. :-)

Be sure to mention that there is a meetup in Pasadena, CA eager to get PFS into it's schedule, and our next event is rapidly approaching. Thanks so much!

Dark Archive

I am curious to see how this turns out as I am stuck between two regions. Makes me think I should have applied for one of them.

Grand Lodge

deathboy wrote:
I am curious to see how this turns out as I am stuck between two regions. Makes me think I should have applied for one of them.

Daethboy

Indeed - you should have applied in my opinion. You acted in the way I would hope coordinators will do in the future.

While traveling and posting my plans here you took on the challenge - organized a game in a store for me and my friend - and helped us to a very memorable day.

This includes the game as well as the game shop (that I might never have been aware of othervice) and also the chance to meet other players whom we othervice never would have met.

To me that is what I like about PFS - the society aspekt. Good luck that Conneticut will show up on Josh map some day. You get my vote for whatever it helps (off course it doesn't count officially - but Jeff is reading these pages).

Thod

Liberty's Edge

Thod wrote:
deathboy wrote:
I am curious to see how this turns out as I am stuck between two regions. Makes me think I should have applied for one of them.

Daethboy

Indeed - you should have applied in my opinion. You acted in the way I would hope coordinators will do in the future.

While traveling and posting my plans here you took on the challenge - organized a game in a store for me and my friend - and helped us to a very memorable day.

This includes the game as well as the game shop (that I might never have been aware of othervice) and also the chance to meet other players whom we othervice never would have met.

To me that is what I like about PFS - the society aspekt. Good luck that Conneticut will show up on Josh map some day. You get my vote for whatever it helps (off course it doesn't count officially - but Jeff is reading these pages).

Thod

I agree. That was a great game. It brought Pathfinder closer to my area and the store owner was delighted. He told me that everyone who showed up at the store that day for other types of gaming were all asking about it and he can't keep Pathfinder stuff on the shelves.

Thanks for coming to visit, Thod. It was great to meet you.


*Bump*
So any details on the first wave yet, Josh?

Liberty's Edge 5/5 Venture-Lieutenant, Alaska—Anchorage aka Dragnmoon

Oddly, I am a lot more patient with Josh then the rest of Paizo crew... I have no idea why...

Grand Lodge

If you're reading this topic and you're from Perth, Western Australia...
YOU KNOW WHAT YOU MUST DO!

*shakes fist*


Waves a small Canadian flag while he sulks in the corner.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Kor - Orc Scrollkeeper wrote:

Waves a small Canadian flag while he sulks in the corner.

No need to sulk.

The Exchange

Neil and I are Canadian... Neil is from Ontario and I am from Montreal! :)

JP
floating a Fleur-de-Lysee over Denver :)
I mean really... I really do! (okay over Colorado Springs, but still)


Sadly, here in Calgary I'm only a 12 hour drive from Paizo's office. I guess it could be worse. I could be in Vancouver and only be a 3 hour drive from their office.

I actually thought that Canada would have been their first expansion.

The Exchange

Kor - Orc Scrollkeeper wrote:

Sadly, here in Calgary I'm only a 12 hour drive from Paizo's office. I guess it could be worse. I could be in Vancouver and only be a 3 hour drive from their office.

I actually thought that Canada would have been their first expansion.

Come to Denver! It's must nicer and drier than Seattle :) Two Canadians were part of the first expansion ... I think Neil & I were announced at the same time...

JP

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
KestlerGunner wrote:

If you're reading this topic and you're from Perth, Western Australia...

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU MUST DO!

*shakes fist*

Who called?

Grand Lodge

buzzby wrote:
Who called?

It's Destiny here. I need you to organise PFS play in Perth.

(Important caveat: I'm in Melbourne but I used to live in Perth)

If the rooms at Tactics seem a bit too... public, maybe you could get a community room set aside at the Citiplace Community Centre?

Grand Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
KestlerGunner wrote:
buzzby wrote:
Who called?

It's Destiny here. I need you to organise PFS play in Perth.

(Important caveat: I'm in Melbourne but I used to live in Perth)

If the rooms at Tactics seem a bit too... public, maybe you could get a community room set aside at the Citiplace Community Centre?

May very well be doing that. Already been in touch with VC White, Tactics and a couple of the uni clubs to see if there an existing / unreported Pathfinder Society presence and I haven't come up with anything yet.

And although our nearest Venture-Captain is an almost trivial 3438km away it may be a bit of a challenge setting something up from scratch.

I'm switching my home game over to PFS for a bit as I've got some friends interested in trying it out. Might try a couple of those games at Tactics and see how we feel.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yeah, it can't hurt. Though a games store in the capital city has a lot of traffic move by and you'll be competing with Magic players on weekends, most likely.

The best place would be a group study room at the State Library, just to up the glorious nerd factor, though I doubt they'd like food and drink being brought in.

I'm sure there'd be an enormous player base at Curtin Uni or Murdoch University - they might have groups dedicated to RPG pursuits.

Silver Crusade Venture-Captain, Mexico—Tijuana aka TijuanaGeek

Hi. I own a store in Tijuana, Mexico.

Its name is Tijuana Geek. you can visit the site. TijuanaGeek.com

I like to be part of this.
I already have around 30 regular players of RPG's.

I attend 4 events in 2012 in the city promoting table top RPG's.

Already send my email a few months ago. Hope to start a comminity of Path Finder Gamers.

Grand Lodge 5/5 Pathfinder Society Campaign Coordinator

TijuanaGeek wrote:

Hi. I own a store in Tijuana, Mexico.

Its name is Tijuana Geek. you can visit the site. TijuanaGeek.com

I like to be part of this.
I already have around 30 regular players of RPG's.

I attend 4 events in 2012 in the city promoting table top RPG's.

Already send my email a few months ago. Hope to start a comminity of Path Finder Gamers.

TG,

I've responded to your email three times with no reply. Please email me again at mike.brock@paizo.com

I've also emailed you the VC Questionnaire twice with no response.


Are you all still looking for a Knoxville, TN person?

151 to 191 of 191 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Organized Play / Pathfinder Society / Paizo Blog: Pathfinder Society Regional Coordinators—Apply Now! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.