GM Frost's S05-11 Equal Exchanges - The Hidden Current [PaizoCon Online 2024 PbP] (Inactive)

Game Master Frozen Frost

Sign-Up Sheet | Slides and Maps | Macros |
Challenge Points: 23 (High Tier, Level 9-10)
Start Date: 28 May 2024
End Date: 23 July 2024


101 to 150 of 233 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Horizon Hunters

CN Sprite Summoner 8 (she/her) | Unnamed Primal Eidolon (he/him) | HP 110| AC 24 / 26 | F +16 R +16 / 14 W +15 | Perc +14 | Stealth +14 | Speed 30' | Explore: Search & Scout | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

"Well, that's gonna be interesting when it arrives..."

In the meantime, Raindrop gathers some primal energy from the greenhouse and channels it into the eidolon.
He bites and rakes at the tree-thing before him.

◆ Act Together -> cast Boost Eidolon
Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 7

◆ Act Together -> Strike red
Jaws: 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 17 + 1 = 32 for 2d6 + 6 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (3, 2) + 6 + 1 + 4 = 16

◆ Strike red
Claws: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 17 + 1 - 4 = 20

◆ Strike red
Claws: 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 8 ⇒ (9) + 17 + 1 - 8 = 19

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 7 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | HP 95/95 | AC 26 | F/R/W: 14/15/13 | Perc +15 (+16 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 24 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Isaku moves closer to the action and tries to get an angle on Red.

Devise, CA: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Hits AC 33

He takes the shot.

+1 Dueling Pistol; Concussive Damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 6) + 1 = 9 with Strategic Strike: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 Critical Hit: See below

Crit?:

Concussive, Crit: 2d10 + 1 ⇒ (7, 8) + 1 = 16 Doubled to 32
Fatal: 1d10 ⇒ 1
33 total damage

◆ Stride
◆ Devise
◆ BANG!

"I've weakened it, Zarina! Finish it if you can!" Isaku calls.

Red is OG to Zarina (shared strategem)

Verdant Wheel

Female Human Druid (Wave/Aquatic) - 7 | 78/78hp | HP:0 | F:12, R:14, W:15 | AC25 | Perc:15 | VW | 124312-2004

But it's SO pretty

OK .. Fine *grumbles*

She steps back and Frostbites it.
cold: 5d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 3, 3) = 15 basic fort DC 25


Mentorship and PC Level Bumps | Pathfinder Provisions | Downtime | Area Templates | ◆◇↺

Unnamed continues attacking Red after being boosted by Raindrop. 16 P damage Isaku adds some damage with his shooting. 9 P/B damage Zarina steps back and casts something cold.

DC 25 basic Fortitude save: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33 Success, 7 cold damage, Red becomes Resistant 10 to Cold

I forgot to add in the tracker that Red also exhibits the same ability about energy resistance.

⬤ ATTACK OF THE WOODEN SCULPTURES! Round 3 ⬤
PARTY CONDITIONS: COURAGEOUS ANTHEM (Round 1 to 4): +1 bonus to attack, damage and saves against fear
TERRAIN FEATURES: ---
MAP LINK: ENCOUNTER MAP
OTHER NOTES: ☘️ - Hero Points.

CHARACTER IN ➤ BOLD TYPEFACE CAN ACT! STRIKETHROUGH NAMES ARE ELIMINATED.
➤ Hobbs Picklesmith (AC 26, +1 w shield spell) (59/69 HP) | Drained 1 (Max HP - 9*1); | [2☘️]
➤ Jiki the Flatulist (AC 28) (116/116 HP) | [2☘️]
➤ Tremendous Kohl (AC 29) (109/136 HP) | Immune to Alluring Scent | [1☘️]
Blue Snappy (-34 HP) | Fire Resistance 10; Friendly to Jiki
Red Snappy (-97 HP) | OG; Cold Resistance 10; can’t use Spray Pollen again for Rds 2 to 5
Isaku Beru (AC 26) (95/95 HP) | [1☘️]
Zarina Silvermist (AC 25) (78/78 HP) | [2☘️]
Raindrop (AC 24, +1 w Buckler) (99/102 HP) | Drained 1 (Max HP - 8*1); Dazzled (for Rd 2); Sickened 1 (for Rd 2); <redacted> Pollen Stage 2 | [2☘️]
⠀⠀(Unnamed) (AC 26) (99/102 HP) | Dazzled (for Rd 1); Sickened 1 (for Rd 1)

AFTER YOUR TURN
❗ Red Snappy: DC 15 Flat check vs 1d6 persistent bleed damage ❗

EFFECTS & CONDITIONS REFERENCE

Drained :
Your health and vitality have been depleted as you've lost blood, life force, or some other essence. Drained always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to your drained value on Constitution-based checks, such as Fortitude saves. You also lose a number of Hit Points equal to your level (minimum 1) times the drained value, and your maximum Hit Points are reduced by the same amount. For example, if you become drained 3 and you're a 3rd-level character, you lose 9 Hit Points and reduce your maximum Hit Points by 9. Losing these Hit Points doesn't count as taking damage.

Each time you get a full night's rest, your drained value decreases by 1. This increases your maximum Hit Points, but you don't immediately recover the lost Hit Points.


Alluring Scent (aura, olfactory, plant, primal) 30 feet :
A creature that enters the emanation must attempt a DC 28 Will save. On a failure, the target is fascinated by the <redacted> and must use at least 1 action on its next turn to Stride closer to the <redacted>. On a success, the target is immune to the <redacted>’s alluring scent for 1 hour.

<redacted> Pollen (plant, poison) :
Saving Throw DC 30 Fortitude; Maximum Duration 8 rounds; Stage 1 1d6 poison damage plus dazzled (1 round); Stage 2 1d6 poison damage plus dazzled and sickened 1 (2 rounds); Stage 3 2d6 poison damage plus confused and sickened 1 (2 rounds)

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 7 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | HP 95/95 | AC 26 | F/R/W: 14/15/13 | Perc +15 (+16 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 24 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Is it immune to Strategic Strike? There should be an extra 5 damage to that

Horizon Hunters

N male kobold (green dragonscale) fighter (marshal) 10 l HP 120/136 | AC 29 | F +20 (Juggernaut) R +16 W +17 (Juggernaut, Bravery) | Perc +18 (+20 for Ini. )| speed 20 ft | Hero 2 | Active Conditions: None

"This is a tough tree. Must be all of the experiements!" Encouraged by his teammate, Kohl continues to wail away.

Strike, Snagging Strike, Strike

flail: 1d20 + 22 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 22 + 1 = 30 for bludgeoning: 2d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 8 + 1 = 18

flail: 1d20 + 22 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 22 + 1 - 5 = 37 for bludgeoning: 2d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 8 + 1 = 13

flail: 1d20 + 22 + 1 - 10 ⇒ (20) + 22 + 1 - 10 = 33 for bludgeoning: 2d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6) + 8 + 1 = 16

On crit: enfeebled 1 and clumsy 1 from crushing, DC 26 Reflex or prone from critical effect.

Reactive Strike
flail: 1d20 + 22 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 22 + 1 = 38 for bludgeoning: 2d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 5) + 8 + 1 = 19

Grand Archive

Male Goblin (Snow) Core Bard (Multifarious) Archaeologist 10 | HP 116/116 | AC 28 | Fortitude +18, Reflex +19, Will +17 (Performer's Heart) | Perception +14 | Speed 25, climb 10 | Darkvision | Resist cold 5, void 1 | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice +16 | Bard Spells 5th-1/3 4th-2/3 3rd-3/3 2nd-3/3 1st-2/3 | Focus 1/2 | Greater Mentalist's Staff 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Provisions: scroll of breath of life 1/1 | Active Conditions: None| ◆◇↺

"Okay, Hobbs, it was your idea to make friends with this fellow. What now?"

Grand Archive

M Goblin | Wizard 9 | ◆◇↺ | HP 59/69(78)| AC 26(27 w/shield) | F +14 R +17 W +13 | Perception +11 Darkvision |hero points 1/3| Resistances Fire 4 Negative 1 | Speed 25 (35) | 5/10 infused reagents | Focus 1/1 Active Conditions] Tailwind, False Vitality, Drained 1 |

"That's a good question. I don't suppose you can speak to plants or flowers?" Hobbs shakes his head. "Never mind. Probably not. Perhaps you could use my boutonniere to communicate with it? Let it know that we mean no harm and only want to help. If that isn't feasible then perhaps you could use your staff to mindlink in order to convey that same information? The rest of us should stay out of sight at any rate so as not to provoke it further."

Can Hobbs remove the brightbloom posy from his lapel and give it to Jiki to use? How long does it take to invest an item?

Grand Archive

Male Goblin (Snow) Core Bard (Multifarious) Archaeologist 10 | HP 116/116 | AC 28 | Fortitude +18, Reflex +19, Will +17 (Performer's Heart) | Perception +14 | Speed 25, climb 10 | Darkvision | Resist cold 5, void 1 | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice +16 | Bard Spells 5th-1/3 4th-2/3 3rd-3/3 2nd-3/3 1st-2/3 | Focus 1/2 | Greater Mentalist's Staff 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Provisions: scroll of breath of life 1/1 | Active Conditions: None| ◆◇↺
Nethys wrote:
This process requires 1 or more Interact actions, usually taking the same amount of time it takes to don the item.

"Worth a try, I guess."

◆ Stride

◆◆ Cast a Spell
"♪ Threads of thought, a web entwined,
♪ Minds converge, in unity defined.
Mindlink!"

Jiki is not sure how intelligent the creature is, but will go for a basic "Pathfinders are friends, not food" message.


Mentorship and PC Level Bumps | Pathfinder Provisions | Downtime | Area Templates | ◆◇↺
Isaku Beru wrote:
Is it immune to Strategic Strike? There should be an extra 5 damage to that

My bad, target should take that damage too.

Kohl keeps hammering his flail against Red, chipping more wood in the process. 18 B + 13*2 B + 16*2 B = 76 total damage But Red is still standing after that flurry of attacks.

Hobbs Picklesmith wrote:
Can Hobbs remove the brightbloom posy from his lapel and give it to Jiki to use? How long does it take to invest an item?

Affixing it takes 10 minutes and with repair kit. If you have Rapid Affixture feat and is Legendary in Crafting, you can affix it as a three-action activity.

Jiki moves and concentrates to connect telepathically with his new blue friend.
I don't know how you will be able to touch Blue if there is a wall of stone separating both of you.

And where I can find this?

Jiki, the Flatulist wrote:
Nethys wrote:
This process requires 1 or more Interact actions, usually taking the same amount of time it takes to don the item.
"Worth a try, I guess."

Grand Archive

M Goblin | Wizard 9 | ◆◇↺ | HP 59/69(78)| AC 26(27 w/shield) | F +14 R +17 W +13 | Perception +11 Darkvision |hero points 1/3| Resistances Fire 4 Negative 1 | Speed 25 (35) | 5/10 infused reagents | Focus 1/1 Active Conditions] Tailwind, False Vitality, Drained 1 |
GM Frost wrote:


And where I can find this?
Jiki, the Flatulist wrote:
Nethys wrote:
This process requires 1 or more Interact actions, usually taking the same amount of time it takes to don the item.

invest an item

Not sure if this will actually work. If it's not possible to make a nonlethal attack with telekinetic projectile then ignore the -2.

"I don't see how we'll be able to save both of them. Maybe we can subdue this one without destroying it?"

telekinetic projectile vs red, nonlethal: 1d20 + 17 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 17 - 2 + 1 = 28
damage bludgeoning: 6d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6, 4, 2, 6, 6) + 1 = 26

If the creature is still up:
Hobbs shakes his head sadly and launches a bolt of force at the creature.

force bolt: 3d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2, 4) + 3 + 1 = 11

If the creature is downed:
"Everyone get out of sight so Jiki can work undisturbed. The other creature will break down that stone wall any second now." Hobbs quickly ducks out of sight.

◆◆ Telekinetic projectile, ◆ Force Bolt or stride


Mentorship and PC Level Bumps | Pathfinder Provisions | Downtime | Area Templates | ◆◇↺

It looks like Brightbloom Posy does not have Invested trait but a Spellheart trait, which can be affixed by Affix a Spellheart activity that is identical to Affix a Talisman activity.

Unless you have Nonlethal Spell feat, the spell remains lethal.

Hobbs hits Red so hard that the creature explodes into splinters! Kohl, Zarina, and Unnamed take 5d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 4, 5) = 16 piercing damage with a basic DC 30 Reflex save.

⬤ ATTACK OF THE WOODEN SCULPTURES! Round 3 ⬤
PARTY CONDITIONS: COURAGEOUS ANTHEM (Round 1 to 4): +1 bonus to attack, damage and saves against fear
TERRAIN FEATURES: ---
MAP LINK: ENCOUNTER MAP
OTHER NOTES: ☘️ - Hero Points.

🚩 BEFORE YOUR TURN 🚩
❗ Tremendous Kohl: basic DC 30 Reflex save vs 16 P damage ❗
❗ Zarina Silvermist: basic DC 30 Reflex save vs 16 P damage ❗
❗ (Unnamed): basic DC 30 Reflex save vs 16 P damage ❗

CHARACTER IN ➤ BOLD TYPEFACE CAN ACT! STRIKETHROUGH NAMES ARE ELIMINATED.
Hobbs Picklesmith (AC 26, +1 w shield spell) (59/69 HP) | Drained 1 (Max HP - 9*1); | [2☘️]
➤ Jiki the Flatulist (AC 28) (116/116 HP) | [2☘️]
Tremendous Kohl (AC 29) (109/136 HP) | Immune to Alluring Scent | [1☘️]
Blue Snappy (-34 HP) | Fire Resistance 10; Friendly to Jiki
Red Snappy (-204 HP) |
Isaku Beru (AC 26) (95/95 HP) | [1☘️]
Zarina Silvermist (AC 25) (78/78 HP) | [2☘️]
Raindrop (AC 24, +1 w Buckler) (99/102 HP) | Drained 1 (Max HP - 8*1); | [2☘️]
⠀⠀(Unnamed) (AC 26) (99/102 HP)

EFFECTS & CONDITIONS REFERENCE

Drained :
Your health and vitality have been depleted as you've lost blood, life force, or some other essence. Drained always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to your drained value on Constitution-based checks, such as Fortitude saves. You also lose a number of Hit Points equal to your level (minimum 1) times the drained value, and your maximum Hit Points are reduced by the same amount. For example, if you become drained 3 and you're a 3rd-level character, you lose 9 Hit Points and reduce your maximum Hit Points by 9. Losing these Hit Points doesn't count as taking damage.

Each time you get a full night's rest, your drained value decreases by 1. This increases your maximum Hit Points, but you don't immediately recover the lost Hit Points.


Alluring Scent (aura, olfactory, plant, primal) 30 feet :
A creature that enters the emanation must attempt a DC 28 Will save. On a failure, the target is fascinated by the <redacted> and must use at least 1 action on its next turn to Stride closer to the <redacted>. On a success, the target is immune to the <redacted>’s alluring scent for 1 hour.

<redacted> Pollen (plant, poison) :
Saving Throw DC 30 Fortitude; Maximum Duration 8 rounds; Stage 1 1d6 poison damage plus dazzled (1 round); Stage 2 1d6 poison damage plus dazzled and sickened 1 (2 rounds); Stage 3 2d6 poison damage plus confused and sickened 1 (2 rounds)


Mentorship and PC Level Bumps | Pathfinder Provisions | Downtime | Area Templates | ◆◇↺

Jiki can have his actions back, but I assume he will Delay acting until Blue finally breaks the wall. If that is the case, everyone will have two rounds of actions before Jiki talks to Blue.

Horizon Hunters

CN Sprite Summoner 8 (she/her) | Unnamed Primal Eidolon (he/him) | HP 110| AC 24 / 26 | F +16 R +16 / 14 W +15 | Perc +14 | Stealth +14 | Speed 30' | Explore: Search & Scout | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

"I have no idea what's about to happen, but I'm here for it!" Raindrop cries out as she mends the damage from the poison and the explosion and ducks out of sight.

◆ Tandem movement -> Raindrop and the eidolon both stride
◆ Act Together -> Eidolon strides again
◆ Act Together -> Raindrop casts Lifelink Surge (Fast healing 8 for the next 4 rounds)
◆ Hide
Raindrop Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
Eidolon Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Raindrop doesn't do much during the second round except fight down the excited giggles.

Verdant Wheel

Female Human Druid (Wave/Aquatic) - 7 | 78/78hp | HP:0 | F:12, R:14, W:15 | AC25 | Perc:15 | VW | 124312-2004

ref: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

What's so funny Raindrop?

She too, ducks for cover.

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 7 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | HP 95/95 | AC 26 | F/R/W: 14/15/13 | Perc +15 (+16 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 24 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Isaku reloads and ducks out of sight.

Stealth +14

Grand Archive

Male Goblin (Snow) Core Bard (Multifarious) Archaeologist 10 | HP 116/116 | AC 28 | Fortitude +18, Reflex +19, Will +17 (Performer's Heart) | Perception +14 | Speed 25, climb 10 | Darkvision | Resist cold 5, void 1 | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice +16 | Bard Spells 5th-1/3 4th-2/3 3rd-3/3 2nd-3/3 1st-2/3 | Focus 1/2 | Greater Mentalist's Staff 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Provisions: scroll of breath of life 1/1 | Active Conditions: None| ◆◇↺

I clearly missed something about the map. Those HP bars are walls? If so, I don't think I could have done any of my actions this combat.

Horizon Hunters

N male kobold (green dragonscale) fighter (marshal) 10 l HP 120/136 | AC 29 | F +20 (Juggernaut) R +16 W +17 (Juggernaut, Bravery) | Perc +18 (+20 for Ini. )| speed 20 ft | Hero 2 | Active Conditions: None

Reflex: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21

Kohl takes a faceful of splinters. "Here, save one or two of these for a sample!"


Mentorship and PC Level Bumps | Pathfinder Provisions | Downtime | Area Templates | ◆◇↺
Jiki, the Flatulist wrote:
I clearly missed something about the map. Those HP bars are walls? If so, I don't think I could have done any of my actions this combat.

Yes, the HPs are for every section of the stone wall.

8 P damage to Unnamed and Zarina while Kohl takes 16 P damage.

Taking everyone out of initiative after resolving damage and additional HP...

Party Health:
Hobbs Picklesmith (59/69 HP) [2☘️] | Drained 1 (Max HP - 9*1);
Jiki the Flatulist (116/116 HP) [2☘️]
Tremendous Kohl (93/136 HP) [1☘️]
Isaku Beru (95/95 HP) [1☘️]
Zarina Silvermist (70/78 HP) [2☘️]
Raindrop (102/102 HP) [2☘️] | Drained 1 (Max HP - 8*1);
(Unnamed) (102/102 HP)

Everyone except Jiki makes their way out of the room while Nlue keeps digging the other side of the wall to meet its friend Jiki.

Conversing with Blue, Jiki learns some important information: The cruel research performed here plumbed the far edges of the multiverse for resources and test subjects, even managing, for a brief time, to breach the edges of the long-forgotten Plane of Wood. Before the researchers fled the facility, some of the mutagenic work they’d conducted on the creatures they’d pulled from that plane had begun to show real “promise” in their eyes, but sadly they had to leave all test subjects behind as per standard security protocols. In their absence, these creatures have remained healthy, relatively speaking. From some unknown but yet to be discovered source of constant cycle of invisible pain, it has driven these mutated elementals and their allies to violence, and they attack as soon as any visible creatures enter their living space.

The office south of the greenhouse holds pale elm furniture and comfortable leather chairs. Nothing of note remains on the shelves; the desk, however, contains fragments of a notebook detailing mutations being forced on elementals and other extraplanar beings to better survive interplanetary travel.

The sap and liquid substance that remain following the defeat of the mutant cryptid elementals can be collected using bottles found in the meeting room just to the south of the greenhouse (in addition to those taken on behalf of the Vigilant Seal), one per creature. These function as wine of the blood (Dark Archive 114).

Continuing on to another room that can be entered, a strange contraption, this room can be closed off and then operated along metal rails on the west and east sides, moving the entire space up or down one level. During the facility’s evacuation, several chairs and other pieces of furniture were discarded here as well.

Attempting to push the button that moves them to the upper level, they find it blocked by something, but they can easily take the elevator down to the facility’s undercroft.

To the left, a string of electrical spheres is connected in a series here, with visible discharges running up and down the line. These discharges also shoot out at the ends of the line into the nearby walls. A wide passage opens up past this border, descending downward.

DC 21 Nature, Survival, or relevant Lore check:
You surmise the angle of the ramp probably heads down into the Darklands, and the electric barrier is meant to keep things out and in. Any character who tries to move past the barrier
Spoiler:
takes 4d10+26 electricity damage with a DC 26 basic Reflex save and is prevented from passing through. Intentionally touching or striking one of the spheres with a melee weapon inflicts the same damage, but the result of the character’s save is one degree worse due to their muscles seizing and causing them to hold on tighter rather than pull away from the electrical current.

On the other parts of this undercroft there are generators. Six of the electric generators in the undercroft have slipped out of alignment with each other.

Trained in Crafting or Engineering about the generators:
You know that the generators must be put back in phase if you hope to access the rest of the facility above. In order to accomplish this, the Pathfinders must enact repairs on at least three of the six faulty devices.

Repairing a generator can be accomplished using several different skills, each with a DC 26 skill check. PCs can use Acrobatics or Athletics to physically manipulate control rods. They can also use Crafting, Engineering Lore, or Thievery to fine-tune electricity settings. Finally, they can use Arcana, Nature, or Occultism to magically manipulate the energies within the devices. A critical success immediately fixes that generator and grants a +1 circumstance bonus to all future repair attempts for that PC. A success fixes the generator, while a failure leads to no progress. A critical failure causes the generator to seize up and shut down completely; when this happens, the DC to repair all other generators is permanently reduced by 3. If three of the six generators shut down, the final three lock into phase with each other automatically, ensuring that the PCs can still continue forward on their mission.

Grand Archive

Male Goblin (Snow) Core Bard (Multifarious) Archaeologist 10 | HP 116/116 | AC 28 | Fortitude +18, Reflex +19, Will +17 (Performer's Heart) | Perception +14 | Speed 25, climb 10 | Darkvision | Resist cold 5, void 1 | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice +16 | Bard Spells 5th-1/3 4th-2/3 3rd-3/3 2nd-3/3 1st-2/3 | Focus 1/2 | Greater Mentalist's Staff 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Provisions: scroll of breath of life 1/1 | Active Conditions: None| ◆◇↺

Jiki promises to do everything he can to help any of the test subjects here.

Nature: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

He points down the ramp. "Darklands, that way. The barrier seems to be for both sides' benefit."

Spoiler open, and there's a second for someone trying to by pass the barrier, which will not be me.

Horizon Hunters

N male kobold (green dragonscale) fighter (marshal) 10 l HP 120/136 | AC 29 | F +20 (Juggernaut) R +16 W +17 (Juggernaut, Bravery) | Perc +18 (+20 for Ini. )| speed 20 ft | Hero 2 | Active Conditions: None

Wouldn't mind some healing if we take a short exploring break.

Kohl examines the generators in the undercroft. "Ah, here is the technology to power the facility, but it is out of phase. We should try to fix the generators in order to power everything up."

The kobold performs some percussive maintenence on the closest generator, giving it a careful whack to pull a control rod into place.

Athletics: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31

Kohl would explain the Crafting spoiler

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 7 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | HP 95/95 | AC 26 | F/R/W: 14/15/13 | Perc +15 (+16 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 24 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Isaku takes the time to treat Kohl.

Healing, DC 20, Assurance: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (3, 4) + 10 = 17
Nature(T): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Crafting(E) to repair the generator: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33

Horizon Hunters

CN Sprite Summoner 8 (she/her) | Unnamed Primal Eidolon (he/him) | HP 110| AC 24 / 26 | F +16 R +16 / 14 W +15 | Perc +14 | Stealth +14 | Speed 30' | Explore: Search & Scout | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

Despite her obvious concern about the idea of some malfunctioning bit of tech effectively torturing the residents, Raindrop does not hesitate to poke about and procure a vial of the cool-sounding Wine.

She trusts the assessment of the others, and focuses her mind on channeling the primal energy of their surroundings into the generators.
Nature: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
"Balance. Why is it always about balance?"

Verdant Wheel

Female Human Druid (Wave/Aquatic) - 7 | 78/78hp | HP:0 | F:12, R:14, W:15 | AC25 | Perc:15 | VW | 124312-2004

Zarina collects the notebook. The Society are sure to be interested in that.

The Balance of the Elements. That's what is at stake here.

nature: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

Grand Archive

M Goblin | Wizard 9 | ◆◇↺ | HP 59/69(78)| AC 26(27 w/shield) | F +14 R +17 W +13 | Perception +11 Darkvision |hero points 1/3| Resistances Fire 4 Negative 1 | Speed 25 (35) | 5/10 infused reagents | Focus 1/1 Active Conditions] Tailwind, False Vitality, Drained 1 |

Hobbs takes a closer look at one of the generators. "So let's see here. Perhaps we could shift the array to compensate for the variance in the flux. That should cause the array of magics to cascade into a chain reaction of positively charged energies and thus rebalance the device. Rather like this..." He concentrates and...

arcana: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38

"Excellent. That seems to have repaired the destabilization in the thaumaturgic charge matrix." He nods in satisfaction.

Assuming this takes at least 10 minutes, Hobbs will be healed completely by his Aeon Stone.


Mentorship and PC Level Bumps | Pathfinder Provisions | Downtime | Area Templates | ◆◇↺

Kohl repairs one generator after being healed. Isaku repairs another as well. Raindrop too, channeling primal energies to it. Zarina inadvertently shuts down one of the generators. Hobbs easily aligns the energies in one of the generators.

Party Health:
Hobbs Picklesmith (69/69 HP) [2☘️] | Drained 1 (Max HP - 9*1);
Jiki the Flatulist (116/116 HP) [2☘️]
Tremendous Kohl (110/136 HP) [1☘️]
Isaku Beru (95/95 HP) [1☘️]
Zarina Silvermist (70/78 HP) [2☘️]
Raindrop (102/102 HP) [2☘️] | Drained 1 (Max HP - 8*1);
(Unnamed) (102/102 HP)

With majority of the generators fixed, the remaining generators lock into phase with each other automatically.

After working with the repair, there is something obvious in the central room.

The ceiling in this room ascends to 30 feet, visible as the light level increases. A massive edifice of ice fills the center of this area, and three power conduits feed it some kind of electrical power from elsewhere on this level. Some of the top sections of ice show signs of hairline fractures.

Buried at the core of this icy prison is a creature akin to a giant mutated crab, with seven bulbous blisters on their back and eyes sprouting from their legs. Its mouth resembles a dark vortex, frozen in a silent scream. Just as the examination of this creature concludes, a telepathic voice dripping with menace and ichor reaches out, touching everyone in the facility’s undercroft.

“You are not our jailers. That fact alone may result in you exiting this conversation alive. Tell us quickly, does Dr. Nezisha Maccov still live? Does Conference Z yet reside above? Set us free from this place so we may rip their spines out through their stomachs while they watch.”

Grand Archive

M Goblin | Wizard 9 | ◆◇↺ | HP 59/69(78)| AC 26(27 w/shield) | F +14 R +17 W +13 | Perception +11 Darkvision |hero points 1/3| Resistances Fire 4 Negative 1 | Speed 25 (35) | 5/10 infused reagents | Focus 1/1 Active Conditions] Tailwind, False Vitality, Drained 1 |

What is this creature?

Hobbs's Monster Knowledge

Identify Creature:

Arcana +20
Crafting +17
Nature +0
Occultism +15
Religion +0
Society +15
Academia Lore +15
Pathfinder Society Lore +15

Dubious Knowledge

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 7 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | HP 95/95 | AC 26 | F/R/W: 14/15/13 | Perc +15 (+16 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 24 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Assuming we have another 10 minutes

"Hold still, friend Kohl. This might sting." Isaku pulls out a throwing knife and sterilizes it with some wine. He uses the knife along with some salves in his healer's kit and performs field surgery on Kohl's wounds.

Risky Surgery, Assurance, DC 20: 4d8 - 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (6, 6, 6, 1) - (2) + 10 = 27

Isaku looks curiously at the creature. "What manner of creature are you?" he asks, though he racks his brain to try to remember if he's seen it before.

Nature +11, Society +16, Arcana/Occultism +14

Verdant Wheel

Female Human Druid (Wave/Aquatic) - 7 | 78/78hp | HP:0 | F:12, R:14, W:15 | AC25 | Perc:15 | VW | 124312-2004

Well ... I guess that's one way of fixing it. Switch it off then on again

To the creature. I'm afraid you may be disappointed. They're all gone.

Grand Archive

Male Goblin (Snow) Core Bard (Multifarious) Archaeologist 10 | HP 116/116 | AC 28 | Fortitude +18, Reflex +19, Will +17 (Performer's Heart) | Perception +14 | Speed 25, climb 10 | Darkvision | Resist cold 5, void 1 | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice +16 | Bard Spells 5th-1/3 4th-2/3 3rd-3/3 2nd-3/3 1st-2/3 | Focus 1/2 | Greater Mentalist's Staff 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Provisions: scroll of breath of life 1/1 | Active Conditions: None| ◆◇↺

"Well, at least we haven't seen any evidence that they are here yet. I'd definitely prefer to live through this encounter, so perhaps we could find a way to work together on getting you free and finding out what happened to Conference Z, without any premature violence?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (11) + 22 = 33

Horizon Hunters

CN Sprite Summoner 8 (she/her) | Unnamed Primal Eidolon (he/him) | HP 110| AC 24 / 26 | F +16 R +16 / 14 W +15 | Perc +14 | Stealth +14 | Speed 30' | Explore: Search & Scout | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

Raindrop lets out a long whistle at the sight of the ice pillar and the being trapped within.
Her eidolon repeatedly tips its head one way or the other while trying to look at the many, many eyes.

Nodding along with her friends, she adds, "Yeah, yeah, all gone. But some of their experiments are still around - and complaining about something still causing 'em pain. That wouldn't be this contraption, would it? Or is it you, maybe?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31
Plus various RK checks - +14 Arcana or Nature, in particular


Mentorship and PC Level Bumps | Pathfinder Provisions | Downtime | Area Templates | ◆◇↺

GM Screen:
Occultism: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24
Occultism: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Occultism: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Party Health:
Hobbs Picklesmith (69/69 HP) [2☘️] | Drained 1 (Max HP - 9*1);
Jiki the Flatulist (116/116 HP) [2☘️]
Tremendous Kohl (136/136 HP) [1☘️]
Isaku Beru (95/95 HP) [1☘️]
Zarina Silvermist (70/78 HP) [2☘️]
Raindrop (102/102 HP) [2☘️] | Drained 1 (Max HP - 8*1);
(Unnamed) (102/102 HP)

Hobbs and Isaku not sure what exactly they are, but he might have learned somewhere about this creature that they steal brains and store them on their blisters. A brain collector, perhaps?

Raindrop know that they are known as brain collector that originate from worlds far beyond the known solar system, and are part of a conglomeration of hostile aliens known collectively as the Dominion of the Black. Whether driven by their own schemes or directives from sinister overlords, brain collectors arrive in living starships to harvest the brains of intelligent creatures. These aberrations draw no nutrition from brains, instead storing them for analysis and as vessels for occult magical energies.

Isaku Beru wrote:
Isaku looks curiously at the creature. "What manner of creature are you?" he asks, though he racks his brain to try to remember if he's seen it before.

"Glad you asked. We are Dohv-Dranna. Captured by Conference Z for one hundred and seventeen days before being placed into cycles of stasis and experimentation that rendered our time-keeping inaccurate. No less than nine Aspis Consortium agents paid with their lives for their offenses against us."

Zarina Silvermist wrote:

To the creature. I'm afraid you may be disappointed. They're all gone.

"Gone? Well, that is disappointing to hear."

Raindrop - Iceman wrote:

Nodding along with her friends, she adds, "Yeah, yeah, all gone. But some of their experiments are still around - and complaining about something still causing 'em pain. That wouldn't be this contraption, would it? Or is it you, maybe?"

"Poor creatures, but it is not me. I assure you."

Jiki, the Flatulist wrote:

"Well, at least we haven't seen any evidence that they are here yet. I'd definitely prefer to live through this encounter, so perhaps we could find a way to work together on getting you free and finding out what happened to Conference Z, without any premature violence?"

"I suppose," Dohv-Dranna seems to agree. "Yes, Yes I can tell what happened to Conference Z. But nothing is free, whether it be in the darkness between stars or on the surface of the Rough Beast’s Cage. What can you offer us in exchange?” Dohv-Dranna does indeed know this information, and barters this potential for knowledge against their release.

"How about this. You see, the Dominion of the Black has learned much from our centuries on your world... many things about your Society, and your enemies. Is it not said, the enemy of my enemy is my friend? We offer you a bargain because we are still weak. If one of you offers us your mind, we will preserve you within us and jointly partner with your Society to hunt down this Conference Z. Together, we shall stop them from building more places like this. What do you think?”

DC 21 Perception check:
This answer is an outright lie.

Horizon Hunters

CN Sprite Summoner 8 (she/her) | Unnamed Primal Eidolon (he/him) | HP 110| AC 24 / 26 | F +16 R +16 / 14 W +15 | Perc +14 | Stealth +14 | Speed 30' | Explore: Search & Scout | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Raindrop scoffs loudly at the insincere offer, and goes on to explain in a very animated fashion, everything she recalled about the Collector.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Her eidolon growls with controlled anger at the creature, and begins pacing.


Mentorship and PC Level Bumps | Pathfinder Provisions | Downtime | Area Templates | ◆◇↺

I need the response, whether you agree or not, from everyone to this bargain of mind and info, note them in your post.

Verdant Wheel

Female Human Druid (Wave/Aquatic) - 7 | 78/78hp | HP:0 | F:12, R:14, W:15 | AC25 | Perc:15 | VW | 124312-2004

I think I prefer my mind where it currently is thank you very much.

perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18

Grand Archive

Male Goblin (Snow) Core Bard (Multifarious) Archaeologist 10 | HP 116/116 | AC 28 | Fortitude +18, Reflex +19, Will +17 (Performer's Heart) | Perception +14 | Speed 25, climb 10 | Darkvision | Resist cold 5, void 1 | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice +16 | Bard Spells 5th-1/3 4th-2/3 3rd-3/3 2nd-3/3 1st-2/3 | Focus 1/2 | Greater Mentalist's Staff 5/5 | Hero Points 1 | Provisions: scroll of breath of life 1/1 | Active Conditions: None| ◆◇↺

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26

Initially intrigued by the offer, Jiki decides that he doesn't trust himself enough to win the inevitable battle for his brain at the end.

"We're pretty good at hunting as we are. And defending the weak as well. I think we'll do this our way - but you're welcome to join."

Horizon Hunters

N male kobold (green dragonscale) fighter (marshal) 10 l HP 120/136 | AC 29 | F +20 (Juggernaut) R +16 W +17 (Juggernaut, Bravery) | Perc +18 (+20 for Ini. )| speed 20 ft | Hero 2 | Active Conditions: None

"What? No, I prefer my brain just where it is!" Kohl is shocked by the offer.

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 7 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | HP 95/95 | AC 26 | F/R/W: 14/15/13 | Perc +15 (+16 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 24 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Isaku can only stare at the creature. "Absolutely not! I am not willing to let you take over my mind!"

Grand Archive

M Goblin | Wizard 9 | ◆◇↺ | HP 59/69(78)| AC 26(27 w/shield) | F +14 R +17 W +13 | Perception +11 Darkvision |hero points 1/3| Resistances Fire 4 Negative 1 | Speed 25 (35) | 5/10 infused reagents | Focus 1/1 Active Conditions] Tailwind, False Vitality, Drained 1 |

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

"Hmm...While your offer does seem to promise a novel experience I rather suspect that it would be unpleasant at best and horrific at worst. I therefore politely decline."


Mentorship and PC Level Bumps | Pathfinder Provisions | Downtime | Area Templates | ◆◇↺

"Well then, you leave me no choice! Well, I expect that, anyway! I will get all your brains myself!" Dohv-Dranna, and suddenly two allies of them emerge from the holes in the ground where the power conduits are connected to their prison. Dohv- Dranna also breaks free from their prison and attacks the Pathfinders!

Rolling Initiatives:
Zarina Silvermist's Initiative using Scout: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36
Jiki the Flatulist's Initiative using Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18
Tremendous Kohl's Initiative using Search: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35
Raindrop's Initiative using Search: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
Isaku Beru's Initiative using Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15
Hobbs Picklesmith's Initiative using Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36
Dohv-Dranna, Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31
Blue Devourer, Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
Black Devourer, Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30

⬤ BEST SERVED COLD Round 1 ⬤
PARTY CONDITIONS: ---
TERRAIN FEATURES: The icy-blue areas on the map are Difficult Terrain for any non-flying creatures.
MAP LINK: ENCOUNTER MAP
OTHER NOTES: ☘️ - Hero Points.

CHARACTER IN ➤ BOLD TYPEFACE CAN ACT! STRIKETHROUGH NAMES ARE ELIMINATED.
➤ Hobbs Picklesmith (AC 26, +1 w shield spell) (69/69 HP) | Drained 1 (Max HP - 9*1); | [2☘️]
➤ Zarina Silvermist (AC 25) (70/78 HP) | [2☘️]
➤ Tremendous Kohl (AC 29) (136/136 HP) | [1☘️]
Blue Devourer (- HP)
Dohv-Dranna (Red) (- HP) | Stupefied 1
Raindrop (AC 24, +1 w Buckler) (102/102 HP) | Drained 1 (Max HP - 8*1); | [2☘️]
⠀⠀(Unnamed) (AC 26) (102/102 HP)
Black Devourer (- HP)
Jiki the Flatulist (AC 28) (116/116 HP) | [2☘️]
Isaku Beru (AC 26) (95/95 HP) | [1☘️]

EFFECTS & CONDITIONS REFERENCE

Drained :
Your health and vitality have been depleted as you've lost blood, life force, or some other essence. Drained always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to your drained value on Constitution-based checks, such as Fortitude saves. You also lose a number of Hit Points equal to your level (minimum 1) times the drained value, and your maximum Hit Points are reduced by the same amount. For example, if you become drained 3 and you're a 3rd-level character, you lose 9 Hit Points and reduce your maximum Hit Points by 9. Losing these Hit Points doesn't count as taking damage.

Each time you get a full night's rest, your drained value decreases by 1. This increases your maximum Hit Points, but you don't immediately recover the lost Hit Points.


Stupefied :
Your thoughts and instincts are clouded. Stupefied always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to this value on Intelligence-, Wisdom-, and Charisma-based checks and DCs, including Will saving throws, spell attack modifiers, spell DCs, and skill checks that use these attribute modifiers. Any time you attempt to Cast a Spell while stupefied, the spell is disrupted unless you succeed at a flat check with a DC equal to 5 + your stupefied value.

Verdant Wheel

Female Human Druid (Wave/Aquatic) - 7 | 78/78hp | HP:0 | F:12, R:14, W:15 | AC25 | Perc:15 | VW | 124312-2004

Why can't some creatures not take 'No' for an answer. Zarina laments as she tries to Frostbite the 'stealer of brains'

cold: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 4, 1) = 14 DC 25 basic fort.

Horizon Hunters

N male kobold (green dragonscale) fighter (marshal) 10 l HP 120/136 | AC 29 | F +20 (Juggernaut) R +16 W +17 (Juggernaut, Bravery) | Perc +18 (+20 for Ini. )| speed 20 ft | Hero 2 | Active Conditions: None

Kohl runs up to the closest devourer (black) and swings away, hoping to squish the brain.

Stride, Snagging Strike, Snagging Strike

crushing flail: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23 for bludgeoning: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 5) + 8 = 18
crushing flail: 1d20 + 22 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 22 - 5 = 32 for bludgeoning: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 1) + 8 = 11

Reactive Strike
crushing flail: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42 for bludgeoning: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 3) + 8 = 14

Grand Archive

M Goblin | Wizard 9 | ◆◇↺ | HP 59/69(78)| AC 26(27 w/shield) | F +14 R +17 W +13 | Perception +11 Darkvision |hero points 1/3| Resistances Fire 4 Negative 1 | Speed 25 (35) | 5/10 infused reagents | Focus 1/1 Active Conditions] Tailwind, False Vitality, Drained 1 |

"Now now. No need to get all hot under the collar just because you aren't allowed to eat our brains. Take a moment to cool down." Hobbs smirks and blasts the room with ice and snow and terrible winds.

damage, cold vs blue red and black reflex save DC27: 10d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 1, 3, 1, 1, 6, 1, 6, 1) = 28

◆◆◆ Cast howling blizzard

The area in white is difficult terrain until the start of Hobbs's next turn

Grand Archive

M Goblin | Wizard 9 | ◆◇↺ | HP 59/69(78)| AC 26(27 w/shield) | F +14 R +17 W +13 | Perception +11 Darkvision |hero points 1/3| Resistances Fire 4 Negative 1 | Speed 25 (35) | 5/10 infused reagents | Focus 1/1 Active Conditions] Tailwind, False Vitality, Drained 1 |

Looks like I was using the wrong template. I actually can't hit black without also hitting the eidolon with the proper template. I've placed the proper template now. Only red and blue get hit. The area is still difficult terrain until the start of Hobbs's next turn.


Mentorship and PC Level Bumps | Pathfinder Provisions | Downtime | Area Templates | ◆◇↺

Red: DC 25 basic Fort save: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26 vs Frostbite (Success, 7 cold damage)

Zarina blast Red with something cold. Its color shifts that is similar to those they encountered from the upper level. Red gains cold resistance 10.

Kohl misses to hit at first but connects the second time.

Blue: DC 27 basic Reflex save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 vs Howling Blizzard (Success, 14 cold damage)
Red: DC 27 basic Reflex save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 vs Howling Blizzard (Success, 14 cold damage - Cold Resistance 10)
Black: DC 27 basic Reflex save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 vs Howling Blizzard (Success, 14 cold damage)

Hobbs sends freezing winds against the enemies!

Blue slowly approaches Unnamed and slashes Unnamed with its talon!
Talon Attack: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21 vs Unnamed AC 26

Dohv-Dranna (Red), on the other hand, creates a phantasmal image of the most fearsome image of themselves imaginable to Zarina!
DC 5+1 Flat check to Cast Spell: 1d20 ⇒ 20
@Zarina, roll DC 29-1 Will save vs Phantasmal Killer (see below).

Red then flies above them snow and all!

⬤ BEST SERVED COLD Round 1 ⬤
PARTY CONDITIONS: ---
TERRAIN FEATURES: The icy-blue areas on the map are Difficult Terrain for any non-flying creatures.
MAP LINK: ENCOUNTER MAP
OTHER NOTES: ☘️ - Hero Points.

BEFORE YOUR TURN
❗ Zarina Silvermist: DC 29-1 Will save vs Phantasmal Killer (see below) ❗

CHARACTER IN ➤ BOLD TYPEFACE CAN ACT! STRIKETHROUGH NAMES ARE ELIMINATED.
Hobbs Picklesmith (AC 26, +1 w shield spell) (69/69 HP) | Drained 1 (Max HP - 9*1); | [2☘️]
Zarina Silvermist (AC 25) (70/78 HP) | [2☘️]
Tremendous Kohl (AC 29) (136/136 HP) | [1☘️]
Blue Devourer (-14 HP)
Dohv-Dranna (Red) (-11 HP) | Stupefied 1; Cold Resistance 10
➤ Raindrop (AC 24, +1 w Buckler) (102/102 HP) | Drained 1 (Max HP - 8*1); | [2☘️]
⠀⠀➤ (Unnamed) (AC 26) (0/102 HP)
Black Devourer (-25 HP)
Jiki the Flatulist (AC 28) (116/116 HP) | [2☘️]
Isaku Beru (AC 26) (95/95 HP) | [1☘️]

EFFECTS & CONDITIONS REFERENCE

Drained :
Your health and vitality have been depleted as you've lost blood, life force, or some other essence. Drained always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to your drained value on Constitution-based checks, such as Fortitude saves. You also lose a number of Hit Points equal to your level (minimum 1) times the drained value, and your maximum Hit Points are reduced by the same amount. For example, if you become drained 3 and you're a 3rd-level character, you lose 9 Hit Points and reduce your maximum Hit Points by 9. Losing these Hit Points doesn't count as taking damage.

Each time you get a full night's rest, your drained value decreases by 1. This increases your maximum Hit Points, but you don't immediately recover the lost Hit Points.


Stupefied :
Your thoughts and instincts are clouded. Stupefied always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to this value on Intelligence-, Wisdom-, and Charisma-based checks and DCs, including Will saving throws, spell attack modifiers, spell DCs, and skill checks that use these attribute modifiers. Any time you attempt to Cast a Spell while stupefied, the spell is disrupted unless you succeed at a flat check with a DC equal to 5 + your stupefied value.

Phantasmal Killer (death, emotion, fear, illusion, mental) :
Critical Success The target is unaffected.
Success The target takes 4d6 mental damage and is frightened 1.
Failure The target takes 8d6 mental damage and is frightened 2.
Critical Failure The target is so afraid it might die. It must attempt a Fortitude save; if the target fails, it dies. On a successful Fortitude save, the target takes 12d6 mental damage, is fleeing until the end of its next turn, and is frightened 4. This effect has the incapacitation trait.

Verdant Wheel

Female Human Druid (Wave/Aquatic) - 7 | 78/78hp | HP:0 | F:12, R:14, W:15 | AC25 | Perc:15 | VW | 124312-2004

AAAAAH! WHO RELEASED THE KRAKEN?

will: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32

Grand Archive

M Goblin | Wizard 9 | ◆◇↺ | HP 59/69(78)| AC 26(27 w/shield) | F +14 R +17 W +13 | Perception +11 Darkvision |hero points 1/3| Resistances Fire 4 Negative 1 | Speed 25 (35) | 5/10 infused reagents | Focus 1/1 Active Conditions] Tailwind, False Vitality, Drained 1 |
Hobbs Picklesmith wrote:
Looks like I was using the wrong template. I actually can't hit black without also hitting the eidolon with the proper template. I've placed the proper template now. Only red and blue get hit. The area is still difficult terrain until the start of Hobbs's next turn.

Black was not hit by howling blizzard and should take no damage.

Horizon Hunters

CN Sprite Summoner 8 (she/her) | Unnamed Primal Eidolon (he/him) | HP 110| AC 24 / 26 | F +16 R +16 / 14 W +15 | Perc +14 | Stealth +14 | Speed 30' | Explore: Search & Scout | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

Raindrop summons another surge of primal energy into the eidolon, which in turn chomps down hard on the adjacent devourer.

◆ Act Together -> cast Boost Eidolon
◆ Act Together -> bite Blue
Jaws: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29 for 2d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6) + 6 + 4 = 18 piercing

◆ Strike blue again
Claws: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 17 - 4 = 28 for 2d6 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 1) + 6 + 4 = 16 piercing

◆ Strike blue again
Claws: 1d20 + 17 - 8 ⇒ (7) + 17 - 8 = 16

Radiant Oath

2396852-2001 | LG Male Human | Detective | Investigator Lvl 7 | Psychic Dedication |◆◇↺ | Spells: -/1/2 | HP 95/95 | AC 26 | F/R/W: 14/15/13 | Perc +15 (+16 Pursue a Lead/Detect Traps) | 25 feet | Class DC 24 | Exploration Activity: Scout | Hero Points: 1/3 Ammo: 50 | Throwing Knives: 2 | +1 SH: 14/14

Isaku waits for Jiki to cast CA (though it probably doesn't make as big a difference)

Isaku's actions:

"Ok. You've been in the cold for awhile. Let's see how you like fire!"

Isaku plucks what appears to be a red bead from the chain around his neck and hurls it at Dohv-Dranna. The bead detonates about 10' east of Red, catching one of the Devourers in the blast.

I'm assuming the 20' burst from a fireball is in 3 dimensions so even 10' up Dohv-Dranna is going to catch it...

Fireball, DC 21 Reflex, CA: 6d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2, 2, 6, 4, 2) + 1 = 19

If Jiki doesn't cast CA this round, remove the +1

Isaku then draws his pistol.

I bought the Necklace of Fireballs pre-Remaster so I'm using the old stats. Old description has it as 3 beads, 2 x 4d6, 1 x 6d6.
Necklace of Fireballs, Legacy

[ooc]◆ Activate Necklace of Fireballs
◆ Hurl Bead (from necklace)
◆ Interact to Draw


Mentorship and PC Level Bumps | Pathfinder Provisions | Downtime | Area Templates | ◆◇↺
Hobbs Picklesmith wrote:
Black was not hit by howling blizzard and should take no damage.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Zarina takes 4d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 4) = 11 mental damage and is also Frightened 1 instead.

Raindrop boosts Unnamed and the eidolon bites Blue! 18+16 P damage

Black attacks Kohl by confusing him with a spell, but Kohl reacts against it, disrupting Black's attempt and hurting the devourer in the process! Black takes 28 B damage from Reactive Strike

Black slashes him with its talon instead.
Talon Attack: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32 vs Kohl AC 29
Damage: 2d10 + 5 ⇒ (8, 5) + 5 = 18 S damage

Red:DC 21 basic Reflex save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19 vs Fireball Failure, 19 F damage, become Fire Resistant 10
Black: DC 21 basic Reflex save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24 vs Fireball Success, 9 F damage

Isaku burns Red and Black from one of the beads of his necklace and draws weapon. Red roars in pain.

⬤ BEST SERVED COLD Round 1 and 2 ⬤
PARTY CONDITIONS: ---
TERRAIN FEATURES: The icy-blue areas on the map are Difficult Terrain for any non-flying creatures.
MAP LINK: ENCOUNTER MAP
OTHER NOTES: ☘️ - Hero Points.

CHARACTER IN ➤ BOLD TYPEFACE CAN ACT! STRIKETHROUGH NAMES ARE ELIMINATED.
Round 2
➤ Hobbs Picklesmith (AC 26, +1 w shield spell) (69/69 HP) | Drained 1 (Max HP - 9*1); | [2☘️]
➤ Zarina Silvermist (AC 25) (59/78 HP) | Frightened 1 | [2☘️]
➤ Tremendous Kohl (AC 29) (118/136 HP) | [1☘️]
Blue Devourer (-48 HP)
Dohv-Dranna (Red) (-30 HP) | Stupefied 1; Fire Resistance 10
Raindrop (AC 24, +1 w Buckler) (102/102 HP) | Drained 1 (Max HP - 8*1); | [2☘️]
⠀⠀(Unnamed) (AC 26) (102/102 HP)
Black Devourer (-58 HP)

Round 1
➤ Jiki the Flatulist (AC 28) (116/116 HP) | [2☘️]
Isaku Beru (AC 26) (95/95 HP) | [1☘️]

EFFECTS & CONDITIONS REFERENCE

Drained :
Your health and vitality have been depleted as you've lost blood, life force, or some other essence. Drained always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to your drained value on Constitution-based checks, such as Fortitude saves. You also lose a number of Hit Points equal to your level (minimum 1) times the drained value, and your maximum Hit Points are reduced by the same amount. For example, if you become drained 3 and you're a 3rd-level character, you lose 9 Hit Points and reduce your maximum Hit Points by 9. Losing these Hit Points doesn't count as taking damage.

Each time you get a full night's rest, your drained value decreases by 1. This increases your maximum Hit Points, but you don't immediately recover the lost Hit Points.


Stupefied :
Your thoughts and instincts are clouded. Stupefied always includes a value. You take a status penalty equal to this value on Intelligence-, Wisdom-, and Charisma-based checks and DCs, including Will saving throws, spell attack modifiers, spell DCs, and skill checks that use these attribute modifiers. Any time you attempt to Cast a Spell while stupefied, the spell is disrupted unless you succeed at a flat check with a DC equal to 5 + your stupefied value.

Phantasmal Killer (death, emotion, fear, illusion, mental) :
Critical Success The target is unaffected.
Success The target takes 4d6 mental damage and is frightened 1.
Failure The target takes 8d6 mental damage and is frightened 2.
Critical Failure The target is so afraid it might die. It must attempt a Fortitude save; if the target fails, it dies. On a successful Fortitude save, the target takes 12d6 mental damage, is fleeing until the end of its next turn, and is frightened 4. This effect has the incapacitation trait.

101 to 150 of 233 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Frost's S05-11 Equal Exchanges - The Hidden Current [PaizoCon Online 2024 PbP] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.