DM Brainiac's Seven Dooms for Sandpoint Table 1

Game Master Brainiac

Reputation: Bunyip Club: -4, Runewatchers: 5, Sandpoint Cathedral: 17, Sandpoint Mercantile League: 1, Scarnetti Consortium: -10, Town Watch: 0, Townsfolk: 0


201 to 250 of 329 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Female Human Aiuvarin Flexible Magus 4 | HP 48 | AC 21 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +8 | Perc +6 (+8 for initiative) | Spell DC 18

The flaming figures surprise Vyana enough that her first arrow comes narrowly close to Ser Helmut's ear.

"Sorry!" she calls out as she tries to calm the spike of adrenaline.

{A}{A} Spellstrike - Longbow - Gouging Claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Longbow + Spell Damage - S: 1d8 + 3d6 ⇒ (3) + (6, 4, 5) = 18
Longbow Deadly Damage (if crit) - P: 1d10 ⇒ 6
2 persistent bleed on a critical.

{A} take Arcade Cascade stance

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 48/48
Current Focus: 1/1
Hero Points: 1/3
Current Effects: arcade cascade stance
Focus Spells
(1/1) Cantrips (2) - shooting star

Prepared Spells
(5) Cantrips (2) - detect magic, gouging claw, ignition, light, shield
(2/2) 1 - fleet step, grease
(1/1) 2 - blur


Female Humane Female human cleric 4 | HP:44 AC: 17: F:+9 R:+7 W:+12 | Speed: 25' | Perception:+10 | Resist: Harm Spells 5

Viviana probably should be healing wounds, but how she dealt with that last unholy creature still resonates with her. The need to mend versus the need to protect, a precarious balance. Shelyn called upon her to deliver judgment with her glaive and save her friends before, perhaps it was what was needed now?

Twirling her glaive in her hands as she strides forward, groaning when the heat intensifies. Undeterred, she steps forward and spins her glaive with everything she has.

Glaive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Deadly: 1d8 ⇒ 8

After her strike, she retreats, falling back.

@39HP


Male Goblin Thaumaturge [Eldritch Researcher] 4 HP 46/46 AC(T) 21/22, Fort(E)+10, Ref(E)+11, Will(E)+7 Perception(E)+7 Darkvision

Ser Helmut howls in pain! Or enthusiasm! It is kind of difficult to tell the difference....

Will(E): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Bees truthfuls. Is fere fire snot coming out my nose?

He takes a bite of a juicy peach Implement's Empowerment and Strikes!
Melee(T) +1 Jaws unarmed attack, EV, IP: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 231d8 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 6 = 11 piercing Traits Finesse Magic, juicy peach

The Goblin then Casts Shield.

And he Strides a bit away....like 15'.

Flat DC 15: 1d20 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 1

The goblin seems to be fire bleeding from his ears also....

Fire! Ref(E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 192d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4


Viv dashes in to deliver a devastating strike before dashing away. Helmut hits and falls back while Siobhan stands her ground, finishing off the wounded combusted. The other two howl as they attack her! One gets past her defenses.

Flaming Fists: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 181d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 261d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

5 bludgeoning damage and 1d6 persistent fire damage to Siobhan. Remember the Intense Heat aura.


Female Human Aiuvarin Flexible Magus 4 | HP 48 | AC 21 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +8 | Perc +6 (+8 for initiative) | Spell DC 18

Berating herself for forgetting the first rule ... focus ... Vyana draws a steady breath before holding it and leading her target as she was taught.

{A} recharge spellstrike

{A}{A} Spellstrike - Longbow - Gouging Claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Longbow + Spell Damage - S: 1d8 + 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + (4, 5, 5) + 1 = 18
Longbow Deadly Damage (if crit) - P: 1d10 ⇒ 8
2 persistent bleed on a critical.

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 48/48
Current Focus: 1/1
Hero Points: 1/3
Current Effects: arcane cascade stance
Focus Spells
(1/1) Cantrips (2) - shooting star

Prepared Spells
(5) Cantrips (2) - detect magic, gouging claw, ignition, light, shield
(2/2) 1 - fleet step, grease
(1/1) 2 - blur

Dark Archive

| HP: 56/56| AC: 24 | F: +10, R: +5(8), W: +9 | Perc/Lore +6, Med +7, Rel +8, Dip/Itm/Ath +10 | +11, 2d6+4 | Speed 25ft | HeP: 1/3, Focus: 0/2 | Active conditions:

"We've got this! Again!" Siobhan demands, closing her own wounds with a swift prayer and striking once more. Fortunately these undead seem to be stupid, so as long as she keeps her shield up and stays closer than anyone else, everything should be ok.

Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 21d20 ⇒ 20
Heat Aura: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 202d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11

Strike: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 201d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

LoH and raise shield.


Male Goblin Thaumaturge [Eldritch Researcher] 4 HP 46/46 AC(T) 21/22, Fort(E)+10, Ref(E)+11, Will(E)+7 Perception(E)+7 Darkvision

Feeling emboldened by not having much feeling in his body due to his nerves having been fried, Ser Helmut decides to strafe the fire guy!

He Strides into Flank.

He takes a bite of a juicy peach Implement's Empowerment and Strikes!
Melee(T) +1 Jaws unarmed attack, EV, IP: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 111d8 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 6 = 14 piercing Traits Finesse Magic, juicy peach

And he Strides a bit away....like 15'.

The goblin begins to sing!
Wees didn't starts da fires!

Burning! Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 192d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8


Female Humane Female human cleric 4 | HP:44 AC: 17: F:+9 R:+7 W:+12 | Speed: 25' | Perception:+10 | Resist: Harm Spells 5

Viviana feels a surge of adrenaline and confidence. With her heart racing and her spirit buoyed by the successful blow, she strides forward once more to continue her assault.

"By Shelyn’s grace, we—"

Glaive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Deadly: 1d8 ⇒ 3

However, as she twirls her glaive and feels the weapon begin to slip from her grasp and her confident shout falters. The words tangle in her throat, turning her battle cry into a disjointed exclamation as she scrambles to regain control of her weapon and stumbles to the rear of the room.

"Ah—No, wait! Argh! Blark!"

@34HP


Siobhan and Viv take out a second combusted, but both Helmut and Viv miss. The final foe pummels Siobhan!

Flaming Fists: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 291d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

17 bludgeoning damage and 1d6 persistent fire damage to Siobhan. Remember the Intense Heat aura.


Male Goblin Thaumaturge [Eldritch Researcher] 4 HP 46/46 AC(T) 21/22, Fort(E)+10, Ref(E)+11, Will(E)+7 Perception(E)+7 Darkvision

Feeling yet further emboldened by not having much feeling in his body due to his nerves having been fried, Ser Helmut decides to strafe the fire guy!

He Strides into Flank.

He takes a bite of a juicy peach Implement's Empowerment and Strikes!
Melee(T) +1 Jaws unarmed attack, EV, IP, flank: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 231d8 + 1 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 6 = 14. piercing Traits Finesse Magic, juicy peach

And he Strides a bit away again....like 15'.

Hot! So hot!! Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 272d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5


Female Human Aiuvarin Flexible Magus 4 | HP 48 | AC 21 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +8 | Perc +6 (+8 for initiative) | Spell DC 18

"Viv! Stay back! You're going to get burned!" Vyana shouts out. In doing so, her precious focus is disturbed and her arrow sails wide to shatter against the wall.

{A} recharge spellstrike

{A}{A} Spellstrike - Longbow - Gouging Claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Longbow + Spell Damage - S: 1d8 + 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + (4, 4, 5) + 1 = 15
Longbow Deadly Damage (if crit) - P: 1d10 ⇒ 10
2 persistent bleed on a critical.

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 48/48
Current Focus: 1/1
Hero Points: 1/3
Current Effects: arcane cascade stance
Focus Spells
(1/1) Cantrips (2) - shooting star

Prepared Spells
(5) Cantrips (2) - detect magic, gouging claw, ignition, light, shield
(2/2) 1 - fleet step, grease
(1/1) 2 - blur


Female Humane Female human cleric 4 | HP:44 AC: 17: F:+9 R:+7 W:+12 | Speed: 25' | Perception:+10 | Resist: Harm Spells 5

Viviana doesn't want to get burned, and she's flustered from her last miss, so no charging in anymore.

"Okay. But. Von first!" she says, watching Von slowly get worn down. She obliges Vyana's request and stays out of the heat this time but decides to back her sister with some divine assistance. "Shelyn's grace protects and guides you!' she says, casting a spell to help Siovhan stay in the fight.

Divine Infusion 2A Heal Von: 2d8 + 16 ⇒ (5, 2) + 16 = 23

Divine Infusion - You pour energy into the subject of your healing to empower its attacks. If the next action you use is to cast harm or heal to restore Hit Points to a single creature, the target then deals an additional 1d6 damage with its melee weapons and unarmed attacks until the end of its next turn. The damage type is void if you cast harm and vitality if you cast heal.

HP: 34 L1: 1/3 L2: 2/3 Bless: 0/1 DF: 2/4 HP: 1

Dark Archive

| HP: 56/56| AC: 24 | F: +10, R: +5(8), W: +9 | Perc/Lore +6, Med +7, Rel +8, Dip/Itm/Ath +10 | +11, 2d6+4 | Speed 25ft | HeP: 1/3, Focus: 0/2 | Active conditions:

Ref: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 202d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

Strike: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 251d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (2) = 11
Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 151d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (3) = 13

Feeling Viv's love flow through her Von fights on, lashing out twice before raising her shield once more.

"Bring it!" She declares defiantly.

Persistent Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 31d20 ⇒ 4


Siobhan and Helmut damage the last combusted, which punches the champion again.

Flaming Fists: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 231d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 261d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

6 bludgeoning damage and 1d6 persistent fire damage to Siobhan. Remember the Intense Heat aura.


Female Human Aiuvarin Flexible Magus 4 | HP 48 | AC 21 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +8 | Perc +6 (+8 for initiative) | Spell DC 18

Another magically charged arrow flies past Siobhan to strike the flaming undead.

{A} recharge spellstrike

{A}{A} Spellstrike - Longbow - Gouging Claw: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Longbow + Spell Damage - S: 1d8 + 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (8) + (1, 1, 6) + 1 = 17
Longbow Deadly Damage (if crit) - P: 1d10 ⇒ 5
2 persistent bleed on a critical.

Current Status/Spells:

Current HP: 48/48
Current Focus: 1/1
Hero Points: 1/3
Current Effects: arcane cascade stance
Focus Spells
(1/1) Cantrips (2) - shooting star

Prepared Spells
(5) Cantrips (2) - detect magic, gouging claw, ignition, light, shield
(2/2) 1 - fleet step, grease
(1/1) 2 - blur

Dark Archive

| HP: 56/56| AC: 24 | F: +10, R: +5(8), W: +9 | Perc/Lore +6, Med +7, Rel +8, Dip/Itm/Ath +10 | +11, 2d6+4 | Speed 25ft | HeP: 1/3, Focus: 0/2 | Active conditions:

Ref: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 162d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8

Strikes: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 291d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 101d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Siobhan keeps slashing - she's doing her job and she trusts that her friends will do their too.

Raise shield.
Persistent Fire: 1d6 ⇒ 61d20 ⇒ 17


Vyana lands a good hit, then Siobhan's scimitar slices up the last combusted! It falls, its fire finally extinguished.

A close examination of the red stone megaliths reveals that they’re covered with thousands upon thousands of tiny glowing Thassilonian runes—the source of the fiery shimmer. Unfortunately, there seems to be little you can do at the moment to learn about this chamber's functions.

Dark Archive

| HP: 56/56| AC: 24 | F: +10, R: +5(8), W: +9 | Perc/Lore +6, Med +7, Rel +8, Dip/Itm/Ath +10 | +11, 2d6+4 | Speed 25ft | HeP: 1/3, Focus: 0/2 | Active conditions:

"I'm going to need a while." Siobhan says, sheathing her blade and wincing as her skin cracks at the motion. "Maybe you can open another door by then Helmy." She grins at the dwarf to make it clear that she's teasing and then settles in to start fixing herself up.

"Viv, do you still carry the aloe oil?"

Treat Wounds: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 172d8 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12
LoH for another 12. Then 20 mins prayer. Hopefully Viv can help with the remaining 18 HP?


Female Humane Female human cleric 4 | HP:44 AC: 17: F:+9 R:+7 W:+12 | Speed: 25' | Perception:+10 | Resist: Harm Spells 5

As soon as the battle ends, Viviana quickly shifts into her role as caretaker. She nods at Siobhan’s request, her expression concerned.

"Of course, Siobhan. I always have it on hand." Viviana replies. She rummages through her bag until she finds the aloe oil she keeps for burns and skin irritations.

Moving to Siobhan's side, she kneels down and carefully opens the vial, making sure to let its refreshing scent fill the air in front of her sister. "Let's take care of those burns."

With gentle, practiced hands, Viviana applies the aloe oil to Siobhan's injured skin. "This should feel better soon." Viviana assures Siobhan, giving her a supportive smile. [b]"Just try to keep your hands relaxed for a bit."

TW DC15: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 Crit HP: 4d8 ⇒ (7, 3, 4, 6) = 20

Once she's done, she moves on to Helmy to see to his needs as well. "Sit still. It's just aloe. Stop squirming. No, it's not fire-oil. Please. No, I'm not trying to melt your skin. It's. Just. ARgh!" she complains as the goblin is not a good patient for her.

TW DC15: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25 Crit HP: 4d8 ⇒ (7, 1, 3, 1) = 12


Male Goblin Thaumaturge [Eldritch Researcher] 4 HP 46/46 AC(T) 21/22, Fort(E)+10, Ref(E)+11, Will(E)+7 Perception(E)+7 Darkvision

Ser Helmut begins to roll up his sleeves! This goblin looks like he means business! Experimenting with some (not so) deep knee bends, followed by a few (really) short sets of (kinda) jumping jacks. Perspiration running rampant down the heavily breathing Goblin's face, Ser Helmut readies to....

F%@%ing thank Torag! F+!~, but I am winded!

The Green Goblin grins.

Pathetically crawling to study the many Thassilonian runes, the Thaumaturge is shorty heard snoring...

.... snorting awake suddenly, the Thaumaturge jumps to his feet, grabs his tools and trudges over to the other secret door.
Gonna s mess ups youses bandages.

He casts Guidance.
Thievery(E): 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 1 = 18

Get your popcorn ready!
Thievery(E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Seriously! Popcorn time! Butter! Salt!
Thievery(E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26


Once you are healed and Helmut wakes up from his nap, you open the second secret door in the hall. The walls of this room are adorned with unsettling carvings in an eerie-looking alphabet. To the east sits an even more unsettling sight—a five-foot-wide egg or plant bulb carved from dark green stone. Stony tentacles or roots radiate out from the sides of the egg, making it appear to be clinging to the eastern side of the room.

Religion DC 25:
This room is a shrine to Yamasoth, the qlippoth lord of cursed kingdoms and vile experiments.


Male Goblin Thaumaturge [Eldritch Researcher] 4 HP 46/46 AC(T) 21/22, Fort(E)+10, Ref(E)+11, Will(E)+7 Perception(E)+7 Darkvision

Von! Bees fer you!

Then the Thaumaturge recalls that he knows stuff!
Esoteric Lore(E) DC 25: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Or almost knows stuff!

He waves the Champion inside.
Bees no worries. Mees almost knows stuffs. Bees ok.

The goblin gives Von a thumbs up....

Dark Archive

| HP: 56/56| AC: 24 | F: +10, R: +5(8), W: +9 | Perc/Lore +6, Med +7, Rel +8, Dip/Itm/Ath +10 | +11, 2d6+4 | Speed 25ft | HeP: 1/3, Focus: 0/2 | Active conditions:

Religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

"You always show me the most fun places Helmy." Von replies drily. "Anyone want to bet a gold that something jumps out of that thing and tries to eat me?"

She waits to see if anyone will take her up on the bet and then takes a deep breath, sets her shoulders and moves cautiously into the room with shield raised.


Female Humane Female human cleric 4 | HP:44 AC: 17: F:+9 R:+7 W:+12 | Speed: 25' | Perception:+10 | Resist: Harm Spells 5

Religion DcC25: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 = 23

Viviana studies it for a moment before shrugging, "No idea what that is."

Looking back to Von, she claps excitedly. "Oh! Oh! Yes, I love betting. I have no expectation it is going to eat you. That would be quite a large task, I would think. You're on, except, my shoulder has a kink from rubbing this oil over everyone. I want a free shoulder massage thrown in."


Nothing jumps out to attack Siobhan. She approaches the strange egg and gives it a search. She discovers that it can be opened by gripping one of the many shallow fissures on the pod and tugging.

Doing so causes the entire thing to open like a flower—or a mouth, considering the sharp tooth-like spikes within. Inside the mass is an ancient skeleton; the altar doubles as a cruel sort of iron maiden. Resting in plain sight in the middle of the skeleton is a jade serpent wondrous figurine.


Female Humane Female human cleric 4 | HP:44 AC: 17: F:+9 R:+7 W:+12 | Speed: 25' | Perception:+10 | Resist: Harm Spells 5

Viviana waits and waits for the monster to eat Von, but when it doesn't appear, she puts her hand to her throat and clears it loudly. She rotates her shoulders, trying to demonstrate how stiff they are, wincing overly. She leans her neck to the side and points to it, "You can start right here."

Dark Archive

| HP: 56/56| AC: 24 | F: +10, R: +5(8), W: +9 | Perc/Lore +6, Med +7, Rel +8, Dip/Itm/Ath +10 | +11, 2d6+4 | Speed 25ft | HeP: 1/3, Focus: 0/2 | Active conditions:

"You want it now, or once we get out and I take my gauntlets off?" Siobhan asks in reply, holding up her mailed fist, dripping with ichor and other best unidentified fluids from inside the plant-altar-thing.

With that matter dealt with she leads the group in backtracking to examine the other rooms they've bypassed.


Female Humane Female human cleric 4 | HP:44 AC: 17: F:+9 R:+7 W:+12 | Speed: 25' | Perception:+10 | Resist: Harm Spells 5

Viviana frowns because her sister's point is spot on. She sighs, "Later is fine."

She falls in line behind the others and finds herself getting distracted by staring at Vyana as she moves ahead of her. When Vyana looks back for something and Viviana should look away, she simply allows herself to be caught staring with a guilty smile.


The tunnel in the hall leads on underground to the west at for just under 200 feet before coming to a collapse. Unable to proceed further, you double back to the room west of the armory.

A wooden desk sits near a tipped-over chair lying on the ground. Layers of dust cover the desk and several scrolls and ledgers atop it. A large map is displayed on the wall opposite it; while the colors are faded, it’s still mostly legible.

Ths map on the wall shows the region surrounding the area before Earthfall. All of the labels on the map are in Thassilonian. The current coastline is marked roughly on the map as “The Rasp,” and the location where Sandpoint is at is labeled "HF Compound."

It appears somebody was marking locations of potential bases of operation for Runelord Karzoug. Karzoug’s towering sentinel statue that once stood where Thistletop stands is noted, of course, but there are a few other areas on the map that indicate possible hidden bases; the region known today as “the Pit” seems to have been a particularly interesting area, as it’s been circled and a scrawled note says, “Captured spies whisper of a sizable Shalast cohort stationed here, led by someone named Liralarue—must secure authorization from Mistress for a raid.”

The notes and ledgers on the table crumble to dust if touched, but the ancient map can be removed, and is worth 50 gp. An adjacent storeroom is mostly empty, but two things of note can be found here. The first is a key ring with two keys on it: one is a sneaky key talisman, and the other is an iron key that unlocks the doors to the armory. The second item of note is an old and fragile scroll, on which is recorded the latest method for navigating a series of rooms to the north called the Three Steps, along with a list of three names of insubordinate soldiers to whom the author planned to give faulty instructions.

These notes are written in Thassilonian, and they indicate that for safe passage, those traversing the chambers must set garnet beads into the little metal baskets on the door handles, going from least valuable to most valuable, south to north, and culminating in the placement of the 7th, most valuable garnet bead in the upturned palm of the statue of Alaznist in the final chamber.


Female Humane Female human cleric 4 | HP:44 AC: 17: F:+9 R:+7 W:+12 | Speed: 25' | Perception:+10 | Resist: Harm Spells 5

Viviana looks about the room, feeling overwhelmed and out of her element. "Helmy, Vyana. I may have skipped too many Thassilon lectures from Father. This map and these notes—there's a lot here that goes beyond my understanding. Could you help shed some light on what we're looking at?"She gestures to the map and the notes they've uncovered.

"It mentions a series of rooms to the north called the Three Steps, and something about setting garnet beads in sequence. How significant is this in Thassilonian magic? Could this be a security measure, or perhaps something else?"

The torrent of questions and confusion continues "And this map—showing these locations for Karzoug's operations. What can you tell us about these sites? And who is Liralarue mentioned here? Could understanding this help us anticipate what we might face ahead?"

Hoping smart people can recall knowledge :)


Male Goblin Thaumaturge [Eldritch Researcher] 4 HP 46/46 AC(T) 21/22, Fort(E)+10, Ref(E)+11, Will(E)+7 Perception(E)+7 Darkvision

Ser Helmut begins counting random rocks while they travel down the long boring tunnel. At the collapsed section, he kicks a rock.
Stupids deads ends!

Entering the chamber, the Thaumaturge runs to the map!
“The Rasp,” and the location where Sandpoint is at is labeled "HF Compound." Sweets!

Esoteric Lore(E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Dark Archive

| HP: 56/56| AC: 24 | F: +10, R: +5(8), W: +9 | Perc/Lore +6, Med +7, Rel +8, Dip/Itm/Ath +10 | +11, 2d6+4 | Speed 25ft | HeP: 1/3, Focus: 0/2 | Active conditions:

Siobhan looks at the notes, doesn't understand a damn thing and turns to guard the door instead.


With his deep knowledge of obscure texts, Helmut deducts that HF is short for Hellstorm Flume. The first Heroes of Sandpoint discovered that the ruins known today as the Old Light were once a powerful weapon called a Hellstorm Flume that could hurl deadly blasts of fire at great distances. This complex must have originally served as a place to stay for the soldiers and wizards who supported the weapon. And that must also mean that the red pylons in the hidden room may have been the actual controls for the Hellstorm Flume itself! And that magic is still active, which in time may become either a great boon or danger to the people of Sandpoint...


Male Goblin Thaumaturge [Eldritch Researcher] 4 HP 46/46 AC(T) 21/22, Fort(E)+10, Ref(E)+11, Will(E)+7 Perception(E)+7 Darkvision

Ser Helmut considers burying that knowledge for as long as a it takes ink to dry on parchment.
Who's bees wants to goes on in field trip?

The Thaumaturge begins making copies, sketches, drawings and lists of inventory of this grand discovery!


Female Humane Female human cleric 4 | HP:44 AC: 17: F:+9 R:+7 W:+12 | Speed: 25' | Perception:+10 | Resist: Harm Spells 5

After Helmut (eventually) translates what he's learned, Viviana is even more confused than when they started.

"History lesson aside for a moment, we came down here to retrieve some bones for Nualia. Which we've done. We've found some more, but, perhaps we should return to Father to explain our findings and turn over the bones before we proceed further."

She doesn't pause as much as turn her head to Vyana as she continues "There are things that need to be explained and sorted, don't you think?"


Male Goblin Thaumaturge [Eldritch Researcher] 4 HP 46/46 AC(T) 21/22, Fort(E)+10, Ref(E)+11, Will(E)+7 Perception(E)+7 Darkvision

Ser Helmut jumps for joy!
Bees massages times! Mees shoulders bees hurt'n!


The last door here leads to a room, the southern portion of which is lower than the rest of the chamber. Steps lead up to the room itself. A carving of a seven-pointed star, a flame flickering at its center, adorns the walls to the east and west, while to the north, doors stand in a wall of dark red stone—a contrast to the gray stone walls elsewhere in the chamber. Each door’s handle features a tiny little metal basket that looks like it’s meant to hold a small bead-shaped object.

This matches the description of the Three Steps you found in the previous chamber. Luckily, you also have the garnet beads the text mentioned, found in the room that housed the brimorak demon. Following the instructions, you set garnet beads into the little metal baskets on the door handles, going from least valuable to most valuable, south to north, as you pass through a series of three similar chambers.

The final room's northern wall curves in a semicircle. A single red stone statue of an angry woman holding a ranseur stands to the north, her weapon held in one hand pointed toward the southern doors, while her other hand reaches out with a cupped palm, as if expecting a gift. The ranseur itself appears to be a real weapon, and not an integrated part of the statue itself.

This is a statue of Runelord Alaznist. You put the most valuable garnet in the statue's outstretched hand, negating any hazards the statue might have caused. You are able to take the ranseur from the statue: it is a +1 striking ranseur. Like the dagger on the altar, the ranseur's haft has a hollow section. Opening a panel near the ranseur’s base reveals a hollow tube-like interior that contains three scrolls—a scroll of wall of fire, a scroll of weapon storm, and a much longer scroll that contains the formula for a consecrate ritual.


Male Goblin Thaumaturge [Eldritch Researcher] 4 HP 46/46 AC(T) 21/22, Fort(E)+10, Ref(E)+11, Will(E)+7 Perception(E)+7 Darkvision

Ser Helmut apparently decided not to replace the beads with stale jelly beans that he found in a skeletons pocket once....

Swirling and twirling through the series of chambers and such, the Thaumaturge seems to be enjoying the dizzying ride!

Walking up to just stares at the statue of Runelord Alaznist, Ser Helmut pauses.....

....and stares....

....and stares....

....and....stares....

Dark Archive

| HP: 56/56| AC: 24 | F: +10, R: +5(8), W: +9 | Perc/Lore +6, Med +7, Rel +8, Dip/Itm/Ath +10 | +11, 2d6+4 | Speed 25ft | HeP: 1/3, Focus: 0/2 | Active conditions:

Siobhan removes the ranseur, locates the scrolls, hands them off to Vy and is getting ready to leave again before she registers that Helmy is staring - and possibly in love for the first time in his life.

"Is he drooling?" She whispers to Vy. "More than normal I mean? The statue isn't that pretty is it?"


Female Humane Female human cleric 4 | HP:44 AC: 17: F:+9 R:+7 W:+12 | Speed: 25' | Perception:+10 | Resist: Harm Spells 5

Viviana may not be drooling, but she is likewise enamored with the statue. She briefly considers suggesting that she take on the ranseur because it looks so powerful, but she knows that she is barely trained with her glaive, and attempting to use the ranseur would result in disaster.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin Thaumaturge [Eldritch Researcher] 4 HP 46/46 AC(T) 21/22, Fort(E)+10, Ref(E)+11, Will(E)+7 Perception(E)+7 Darkvision

Tiny beads of perspiration roll down the tensed Goblin's temples. His veins strain against his green skin like a small coat on a P.H.A.T. guy. Unusual blue eyes watering more than a group of grandpas in a Beer drinking contest. His knees begin to shake! His feet begin to tap, tap, taping on the Thassilonian floor. Breathing heavily as if he is about to burst, Ser Helmut finally blinks!
S~~!! Mees losts! Rune Lord bees cheats!

With that the Thaumaturge digs into his pockets, producing 2 gold coins, 5 silver coins and a nearly new ball of yellow yarn.
Mees losts da bet.

Dumping the items reluctantly at the base of the statues feet, Ser Helmut reaches for the Scrolls.
Mees ken uses dose!

The Thaumaturge seems especially excited....


Having explored all of the chambers down here, you head back up to the surface, climbing back out of Nualia's grave and reporting back to Abstalar Zantus. The priest is grateful that you were able to recover Nualia's remains, and he is intrigued by your description of the catacombs beneath the cathedral. "Amazing! To think such a complex was lurking just below our feet all this time! I am glad that you were able to eliminate the dangers lurking there."

You have gained 1 Reputation Point with Sandpoint Cathedral, as well as 1 Hero Point!

"It will still be a few days until Audrahni arrives to perform the ritual. Take some time to yourselves. I will summon you when it is time for the ritual."


Female Humane Female human cleric 4 | HP:44 AC: 17: F:+9 R:+7 W:+12 | Speed: 25' | Perception:+10 | Resist: Harm Spells 5

Viviana is a little tired, a little sore, and a whole lot messy from their excursion earlier today. When Father Zantus is excited by what they found, though, it makes it all okay, and she smiles, satisfied. "It was our pleasure, Father. You should have seen them all in action; they were quite impressive despite overwhelming odds against us."

She speaks the group at large "Cydrak asked me to put on a small performance tonight. I'm going to sing a few songs, do a dance or two, and tell a story from my travels abroad. I'd love it if you all would come."

After Father walks away, Viviana walks over to Vyana and slips her arm around her friend's waist, pulling her close with an exaggerated motion. Of course she took a moment already to splash on some fragrance to smell a little bit better, so she lets the scent linger in front of Vyana before she says "Sooooo. I was thinking... We should finish our chat earlier, mmm? Later tonight? After the show?"

She squeezes Vyana once, and then, with a wink, she spins away and "accidentally" bumps into Siobhan. She makes exaggerated motions, stretches her neck, and feigns discomfort and groaning. "All that work with the glaive saving you earlier today. I think I pulled a muscle in my neck. It's really sore. Not sure how I'm going to perform tonight."

Looking down at her sister, she smirks "Know anyone who has lost a bet recently?"


Female Human Aiuvarin Flexible Magus 4 | HP 48 | AC 21 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +8 | Perc +6 (+8 for initiative) | Spell DC 18
Viviana Rovinari wrote:
"Sooooo. I was thinking... We should finish our chat earlier, mmm? Later tonight? After the show?"

Vyana's expression clouds before she responds with a curt nod. "I'll meet you at my place after you've finished."

----

Vyana spends the rest of the afternoon before Viviana's performance frantically cleaning her house. The state of neatness that permeated it while her mother was still alive had long since abandoned it in favor of ... scattered clutter. Dirty clothes. Unfinished and broken arrows. Sheets of parchment with scribbled notes of magical formulae. It all contributed to the appearance of having been struck by a windstorm. And now she would only have a couple of hours left to undue six months of neglect.

When the half-elf finally shows up for Viviana's show, she has the look of one that's just run a long distance. But her face is scrubbed, her hair neatly in place, and she's wearing freshly cleaned clothes.

---

As soon as the applause has faded somewhat, Vyvana meets Viviana's gaze and gives her a quick smile and nod before exiting the venue to wait for the priestess at her now-clean home.

Dark Archive

| HP: 56/56| AC: 24 | F: +10, R: +5(8), W: +9 | Perc/Lore +6, Med +7, Rel +8, Dip/Itm/Ath +10 | +11, 2d6+4 | Speed 25ft | HeP: 1/3, Focus: 0/2 | Active conditions:
Viviana Rovinari wrote:
Looking down at her sister, she smirks "Know anyone who has lost a bet recently?"

"I didn't get eaten by a gribbly," Von says with a smile. "I'll take that. And no whining if I'm too strong for your delicate neck..."

Massage: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

It turns out that Von is very good at massage. She applies just the right amount of pressure to work out the kinks, starting with her sister's neck and working down her shoulders and back until Viv is nearly supine on her bed in complete and utter relaxation. She even knows to warm her hands up first. Clearly Von is no novice to the fine art of massage!

------------------------------------
About an hour later there is a knock on Vyana's door and when she opens it she finds Siobhan waiting outside dressed in worn working trousers and a sleeveless tunic which shows off her arms. Her hair is loose and the champion looks remarkably casual.

"Hey Vy," She says, stepping forward as though for a hug and then pulling up short. "The way you rushed off reminded me of when you were supposed to have tidied your room so I thought I'd come and help... If you want..."


Female Human Aiuvarin Flexible Magus 4 | HP 48 | AC 21 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +8 | Perc +6 (+8 for initiative) | Spell DC 18
Siobhan Sable wrote:
"Hey Vy," She says, stepping forward as though for a hug and then pulling up short. "The way you rushed off reminded me of when you were supposed to have tidied your room so I thought I'd come and help... If you want..."

Vyana looks quite surprised and her face turns a shade pinker.

"Uh, Von ... I wasn't ... I didn't ..." she glances behind her into the house before turning back to her friend. "It's not really a good ..." She trails off and sighs. "Dammit, Von. How do you always know?"

She opens the door wider, inviting the other girl inside and gestures meekly at the arrayed ... mess.

"I don't want Viv to see the place like this. Mama would have a few words to say about it."


Female Humane Female human cleric 4 | HP:44 AC: 17: F:+9 R:+7 W:+12 | Speed: 25' | Perception:+10 | Resist: Harm Spells 5

With Von:

Von has perfected the art of massage since the two women last spent time together. Viviana falls asleep during the massage wakes wakes up from her deep, restorative sleep feeling more relaxed than she has in ages, albeit a bit embarrassed at the puddle of drool she finds upon awakening.

She wipes the side of her face and sits up slowly, stretching gently to feel the full extent of the relaxation that Von's massage has afforded her. She turns to Von, a smile of deep gratitude spreading across her face. "Von, that was incredible!" Viviana says sincerely. "I haven't felt this relaxed in... well, I can't even remember when. You are truly masterful with those hands. I can't thank you enough!"

Getting to her feet, she pecks a kiss on Von's cheek and giggles. "I know earlier was all serious and doing things Father wanted, but whatever the reasons, it's good to have everyone back!"

After spending some time catching up with Von, she decides it is time to get ready and setup for her performance. She makes her way to Cracktooth's Tavern, just northwest of the Sandpoint Theater. True to his word, Cydrak is busy finalizing preparations for the evening.

. Cydrak, ever the enthusiastic promoter, greets her with a blend of flamboyance and genuine affection, his energy infectious. He updates her on his tireless efforts to drum up interest for the evening's performance, his words tumbling out in a rapid stream.

"Oh! Viviana my dear, you look ASTONISHING! It's going to be a night to remember!" Cydrak exclaims, his eyes twinkling with anticipation as he picks her up and twirls her around before placing her back on the ground. "I've told everyone who’d listen—and even those who wouldn't—about your return. The whole town’s buzzing!"

Viviana laughs, having missed the man's exuberance while she has been away. "Okay, okay. Looks, it's just a little thing. One story. Two songs and then I'm done, okay? I've had quite the day and I'm exhausted. And I still have a HUGE night ahead of me that I need to stay focused on!"

Before she can elaborate, the Tooth's owner, Jesk grabs her and hugs her, welcoming her home. They spend some time catching up while she tunes her lute for her song.

Dark Archive

| HP: 56/56| AC: 24 | F: +10, R: +5(8), W: +9 | Perc/Lore +6, Med +7, Rel +8, Dip/Itm/Ath +10 | +11, 2d6+4 | Speed 25ft | HeP: 1/3, Focus: 0/2 | Active conditions:

With Viv:
"And you started to snore." Von replies with a teasing smile before giving her sister a hug. "I'm glad to be back too Viv. I missed you."

Vyana Yada wrote:
"Uh, Von ... I wasn't ... I didn't ..." she glances behind her into the house before turning back to her friend. "It's not really a good ..." She trails off and sighs. "Dammit, Von. How do you always know?"

"You always run your hand through your hair when you're stressed." Siobhan says with a smile. "Just like that. Don't worry, it's just me. My room at the temple was only tidy because I didn't have anything to mess it up with!"

She sets too with a will, wielding a broom with vigor as Vyana clears the way and then settling in with a brush and a pail of water to deal with the dishes while Vy sorts out where things go.

It is into a companionable silence that Von speaks.

"I'm sorry Vy, for not being there. I know you must miss her very much..."


Female Human Aiuvarin Flexible Magus 4 | HP 48 | AC 21 | Fort +10 Ref +10 Will +8 | Perc +6 (+8 for initiative) | Spell DC 18
Siobhan Sable wrote:

It is into a companionable silence that Von speaks.

"I'm sorry Vy, for not being there. I know you must miss her very much..."

There's a clatter as a couple of wooden cups fall to the floor.

Vyana steadies her breathing before kneeling down to pick up the fallen items. "Just every single day," she says in a tight voice. "She wasn't old, Von. She should have lived a long and beautiful life. Why are the gods like that? Taking someone with such a warm heart and leaving me ... us ... without her?"

She sets the cups next to the diminishing stack of crockery that Siobhan is churning through.

"Every single day I see or hear something and I think to myself, 'I should tell Mama about that.' And she's ..." Her voice breaks. "... she's not there." Turning away, she wipes at her eyes and tries to calm herself. Deep breathes follow. "It's not fair."

Dark Archive

| HP: 56/56| AC: 24 | F: +10, R: +5(8), W: +9 | Perc/Lore +6, Med +7, Rel +8, Dip/Itm/Ath +10 | +11, 2d6+4 | Speed 25ft | HeP: 1/3, Focus: 0/2 | Active conditions:

"Oh Vy." Von says and engulfs her friend in a hug. Her hands are wet but she ignores that, just like she ignores the wetness forming on her shoulder and just holds her friend tight.

"The gods didn't take her away Vy, life did. She lived so well and she raised an amazing daughter. She was proud, of herself, of her life and especially of you. I know she was. She's in Nirvana now Vy - I believe that with all my heart and she wants you to be happy too."

She hasn't done much grief councilling - Sarenrae teaches hope but her training has focused more on the 'necessary cleansing of the unrepentant' than the 'supporting those in grief' side so when she runs out of words she stops talking and just holds her friend close instead.

201 to 250 of 329 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's Seven Dooms for Sandpoint Table 1 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.