PbP Outpost VII - PFS1e 6-97 - Siege of Serpents [5-6] (KS)

Game Master phaeton_nz

Multi Table Special - Outpost VII
PFS1e Tier 5-6
Slides


1 to 50 of 282 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+12 | 124312 | SFS B5-B8 | SFS 1-21 | PFS1e 6-97

Gameplay Thread - Dot and Delete


Rise of the Runelords Pt2|RotRL Pt 3| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| CORE Emerald Spire

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

Table GMs, it is March 4th in Greenwich, so you may begin!

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+12 | 124312 | SFS B5-B8 | SFS 1-21 | PFS1e 6-97

Every year, the Grand Lodge hosts the Grand Convocation at its campus in Absalom. While the Grand Convocation is ostensibly not a party, it is an opportunity for the Decemvirate and Absalom’s resident venture-captains to express their gratitude to field agents and those venture-captains stationed abroad. The Grand Convocation also serves the practical purpose of encouraging networking, relationships, and shared intra-Society communication. The Twelve are well aware that some interaction between field agents will only ever occur informally, hence the festivities serve to provide an excuse for agents across the Inner Sea to meet and mingle, if only for a week.

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+12 | 124312 | SFS B5-B8 | SFS 1-21 | PFS1e 6-97

Master of Swords Marcos Farabellus strides up to the large crowd and claps his hands together for attention. Welcome Pathfinders, one and all! And welcome to our traveling venture-captains stationed abroad as well our honored guests! I am Marcos Farabellus, and on behalf of the Decemvirate, I welcome you to the Pathfinder Society’s annual Grand Convocation!

I shall address all of the attendees later this afternoon to announce some of the Society’s greatest accomplishments over the past year and our plans for the future. In the meantime, I invite you to stroll about the campus, meet with your peers, and enjoy all the sites of the Grand Lodge. We have set up numerous challenges and contests so that you can show off your skills or sharpen them if need be. I’ll send around ushers when it’s time to assemble for the speeches on the north lawn. Enjoy!

Pathfinders, now it's time to introduce yourself and get to know about each other.

The Concordance

CG Human 6 | Mods: None | HP: 56 (-0) | AC 13, Tch 13, Fl 10 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +6 | Speed 30ft | Balanced Offensive: 2/2; Grit: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 4/5; 2nd: 3/3; 3rd: 2/2 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Init: +3

A dark skinned man wanders in, a large musket strapped to his back and a tome hanging from his hip. "'Ello all. I's Boom McCallister. Tis a pleasa ter meetcha." he announces to the table, looking around the room.

"Big ole shindig ta'day. Yall lookin ferwerd ta the speeches? Can't wait ter hear tales from da year."

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue 3 / Infiltrator 3 | HP:20/46 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:6 CMD:21 | Saves F:+6 R:+12 W:+4 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +17 |
Skills:
DD+17, KnLoc+4, Stealth+19, Acrobatics +19

A tall Elf with long wavy brown hair, nods to his companions as he approaches their table, and bows. ”Wymarc, at your service; alas, this is no party, I long for a dance…”

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji L/N Skald/6 | HP: 51/51 (-6 ~raging) | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 25/11/24 22/11/21 (20% miss if not adjacnt) (unc dodge) | CMD: 20 | F/R/W: +10/6/10 +8/4/8 | Init: +1 | (stats assume raging) | Speed 20 ft | Low-light Vision | Bluff +3, Climb +2, Diplomacy +7, HAnm +12, Intimidate +12, Kn Arcana +8, Kn Hist/Local/Nature/Nobility +7, Kn Other: +3, Perc: +7, Perform (Percussion) +12, Spellcraft +4, UMD +7 | Active Conditions: Heroism (140 minutes), Barkskin (+3, 140 minutes), Inspired Rage

Syllyn finds himself seated next to an interesting man with a gun, and an elf bristling with arrows.

"Greetings fellow pathfinders, I am Syllyn. I would not mind being treated to an elvish dance. I am curious how it might differ from the dances we perform in my culture. I can produce some rhythms to aid you in the endeavor if you wish."

In point of fact, Syllyn's hands are rarely still, constantly beating out one rhythm or another. It is quite obviously a habit with him, perhaps a nervous tic though he does not seem nervous.

Syllyn is a lizard man and sports a jet black scimitar strapped to his side, and a heavy steel shield to his back over a business like and stuffed backpack. Across his front is a breastplate, completing the image of a warrior.

Liberty's Edge

he/him Half-Orc Slayer 5 | AC18 T 14 FF 14| HP 36/50 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc. +8

"Nothing to suggest a good dance off isn't one of the challenges," a smiling half-orc appears from the shadows to take a seat. "Azalmak, at your service. And if anyone needs a dance partner, I have a few skills in my repertoire."

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 6 HP 32, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +5, R +5, W +6 Init +6, Perc +13

A short red haired young woman watches the people milling about, a steaming hot cup of coffee in her hands.

Dancing? I've seen some different styles in my travels. Back home in Qadira they use scarves and veils...very intriguing. They focus on the movement and flow... she muses as she joins the conversation.

I'm Carlin...nice to meet you guys...have you tried the coffee? It's a rich Mwangi blend...will wake you right up...that's for sure... she says with a smile.

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji L/N Skald/6 | HP: 51/51 (-6 ~raging) | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 25/11/24 22/11/21 (20% miss if not adjacnt) (unc dodge) | CMD: 20 | F/R/W: +10/6/10 +8/4/8 | Init: +1 | (stats assume raging) | Speed 20 ft | Low-light Vision | Bluff +3, Climb +2, Diplomacy +7, HAnm +12, Intimidate +12, Kn Arcana +8, Kn Hist/Local/Nature/Nobility +7, Kn Other: +3, Perc: +7, Perform (Percussion) +12, Spellcraft +4, UMD +7 | Active Conditions: Heroism (140 minutes), Barkskin (+3, 140 minutes), Inspired Rage

Syllyn looks intrigued, or so it would seem if you knew lizard man expressions.

"Oh, that would be a treat. I've never seen a human scarf dance before. Qadira, you say? I wonder if I could swing a mission in those parts soon. For now, I shall try this coffee of yours."

Syllyn pours a taste of coffee. Not enough to bet buzzed like Carlin, but enough to be able to try the concoction. At first he 'sniffs' at it with his tongue, then he carefully dips his tongue into the liquid, making sure not to get burned. He's learned that humans tend to enjoy foods that hurt. Foods that freeze. Foods that burn. Foods with spices in it that will scald one's mouth in ways he never before imagined."[/b]

"Hmmm. Bitter, yet complex flavors. Quite the experience."

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 6 HP 32, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +5, R +5, W +6 Init +6, Perc +13

I was lucky enough to have two missions in Qadira...one in my hometown of Katheer even...got to see my mother after. Can't really beat a home cooked meal after a job well done...

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+3 Illusions, +2 Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +15 (low-light), SM: +4+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

A young looking gnome is noticed wandering towards the coffee stand, he orders the largest cup they have and then yawns before taking a nice sip. He stands there a moment and then starts looking around. Snuffling at his feet is a spiky haired razorback boar. He sees the table you all are at and wanders over.

He stands there stifling another yawn, ”Howdy. The ‘teacher’ assigned me to this group tonight. My name is Dexter, my friend here is Sal. How is everyone doing?”

He wears a basic brown and grey explorer’s outfit and carries a backpack. The boar seems prepared for combat and exploration, armored in studded leather with a loaded pack saddle strapped to his back.

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji L/N Skald/6 | HP: 51/51 (-6 ~raging) | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 25/11/24 22/11/21 (20% miss if not adjacnt) (unc dodge) | CMD: 20 | F/R/W: +10/6/10 +8/4/8 | Init: +1 | (stats assume raging) | Speed 20 ft | Low-light Vision | Bluff +3, Climb +2, Diplomacy +7, HAnm +12, Intimidate +12, Kn Arcana +8, Kn Hist/Local/Nature/Nobility +7, Kn Other: +3, Perc: +7, Perform (Percussion) +12, Spellcraft +4, UMD +7 | Active Conditions: Heroism (140 minutes), Barkskin (+3, 140 minutes), Inspired Rage

"Excellently. I do enjoy parties."

The Concordance

CG Human 6 | Mods: None | HP: 56 (-0) | AC 13, Tch 13, Fl 10 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +6 | Speed 30ft | Balanced Offensive: 2/2; Grit: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 4/5; 2nd: 3/3; 3rd: 2/2 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Init: +3

Taking in his companions, the human smiles and grabs a cup of coffee for himself. Taking a sip, he sighs. "Not bad."

"Scarf dance, eh? Sounds stellar! Ya gunna give a demo?"

Turning to the gnome, he kneels down. "Handsome friend ya gots. Sal was it? He friendly?"

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+3 Illusions, +2 Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +15 (low-light), SM: +4+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

The gnome shrugs, ”Depends if you have treats, really. Though if you do, that can get him pretty aggressive too. I see the coffee is a hit, you know it is sustainably farmed? I was impressed. Not enough of that these days.”

Dark Archive

Female Halfling Druid-4/Warpriest-1 | HP-37 | AC-17 | F-9, R-4, W-11 | Per-10, SM-7 Dip-5

Another Pathfinder approaches the group a bit shyly while holding a piece of paper. This person is a halfling girl with nut brown hair. Currently she's wearing a rather formal looking set of robes which are decorated with pictures of butterflies and flowers, as well as wearing a flower coronet on her head and a holy symbol of Desna around her neck. A Starknife hangs from her hip.

Ah. I'm Prilla Frost, one of the volunteers for this event. I'm looking for .... erm .... the group consisting of Dexter, Bob McCallister, Syllyn, Carlin Ember, Azalmak, and Wymarc. Are you all here?

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 6 HP 32, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +5, R +5, W +6 Init +6, Perc +13

While I do not have two left feet, the dance should really be seen by those that do it right. Trust me... Carlin says as she takes another sip of coffee. She brightens when she sees Dexter come in with Sal.

Ooh..can I pet him? I went on my first few missions with a fellow that had a guardian bear he called a dog. I wonder where they are...I miss Mr. Dumplington...

When Prilla appears she nods.

Looks like there is someone else to keep these boys in line... she says with a wink.

Dark Archive

Female Halfling Druid-4/Warpriest-1 | HP-37 | AC-17 | F-9, R-4, W-11 | Per-10, SM-7 Dip-5

Once she has acknowledgement ... and their attention, Prilla continues.

Um ... various competitions have been set up around the Grand Lodge. Animal Taming in the Menagerie and Training Grounds. Boasting/Story Telling near the front gates, Lore Symposium in the Quad, Obstacle Course near the Training Grounds, Sleuthing in a lecture hall in the eastern outbuildings, Trap Mastery in the Mausoleum and Weightlifting .... somewhere else. There should be signs around to point the way. The Masters recommend you try at least two of them, not only for bragging rights but because these events serve as icebreakers for conversation between field agents. Each is an occasion to exchange ideas and learn new techniques while having fun.

It looks like she's reading from her script for the last few sentences.

Um. I'm gonna head over to the animal taming if anyone wants to come with, she finishes, slightly blushing.

Animal Taming:

Relevant Skills: Handle Animal, Intimidate, or wild empathy.
Staged at the menagerie and training area on the grounds, a PC demonstrates her skill at handling and taming unusual creatures from all over the Inner Sea. The more experienced the field agent, the more exotic the beasts.

Boasting/Story Telling:

Relevant Skills: Bluff or any Perform
Near the temporary structures west of the front gates, a large “talking circle” has been marked out on the grounds. There is limited seating but plenty of comfortable spots on the lawn. Pathfinders compete to tell the best story. Complete accuracy is optional if the tale is funny or entertaining enough. Experienced Pathfinders are expected to have grander tales. Music or dance is just as welcome if incorporated in the narrative.

Lore Symposium:

Relevant Skills: Linguistics or any Knowledge
This forum is conducted in an outdoor lecture area in the Quadrangle. Agents do not literally compete in this event, but a meaningful contribution to the panel discussion garners attention and accolades from fellow scholars.

Obstacle Course:

Relevant Skills: Acrobatics or Dexterity
An obstacle course designed to test agility is set up near the training grounds, where Pathfinders compete in a timed trial to be the quickest one through the course. A large chalkboard lists the best times and participants.

Sleuthing:

Relevant Skills: Heal, Perception, or Survival
This event is hosted in a lecture hall in one of the eastern outbuildings, where several agents have set up a fake crime scene. An audience watches as a blindfolded Pathfinder is led into the middle of the scene. He then can remove his blindfold and has two minutes in which to examine the scene before replacing the blindfold. He then must describe from memory all of the clues and forensic evidence that he noticed to an audience and event organizer.

Trap Mastery:

Relevant Skills: Craft (traps) or Disable Device
This competition is staged within a spare room of the Mausoleum. Tables are laden with boxes, chests, cutaway sections of door handles, empty sarcophagi, and other common places where traps are concealed. Pathfinders know a trap is present and must disarm it with a time limit (taking 10 and 20 is disallowed). Alternatively, agents can also create or modify a trap to confound their comrades for credit. All of the traps are nonlethal.

Weight Lifting:

Relevant Skill: Strength
Pathfinders compete by seeing who can lift the heaviest weights. Gnomes, halflings, and other Small participants may opt for a handicap, and experienced agents are expected to be mightier than the newer recruits.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue 3 / Infiltrator 3 | HP:20/46 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:6 CMD:21 | Saves F:+6 R:+12 W:+4 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +17 |
Skills:
DD+17, KnLoc+4, Stealth+19, Acrobatics +19

Wymarc smiles as he nods to Prilla. ”Most excellent…I’ll try my hand at the Obstacle Course, Sleuthing, and Trap Mastery…”

Obstacle Course:
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31

Sleuthing:
Perception: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32

Trap Mastery:
Disable Device: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32

The Concordance

CG Human 6 | Mods: None | HP: 56 (-0) | AC 13, Tch 13, Fl 10 | CMB: 3, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +5, W: +6 | Speed 30ft | Balanced Offensive: 2/2; Grit: 3/4 | Spells 1st: 4/5; 2nd: 3/3; 3rd: 2/2 | Perc: +10, SM: +2 | Init: +3

"Bobby Boom has 'em a way wit words. Gunna head o'er to the symposium challenge...then try me hand at sleuthin." he announces proudly. "Just aint purty nough fer them animals. Got me a face o'ly a mom kin love." he adds with a broad grin.

Lore Symposium
Linguistics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Following the signs towards the symposium, he stands awkwardly to the side for a moment before approaching the panel. Grabbing a stack of notes, he squints and studies the documents hard before pointing out a few words that don't translate well to orcish.

Sleuthing
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Breathing shakily, he takes a slow, deep breath to steady himself before speaking. "Aight. So o'er in that corner, yall find a big ole set of tweezers. Now, that were used ta pull out victims teeth...one by one. If ya look under the bed o'er yonder you'll find one tooth left behind." he begins, rattling on for what seems like forever. Finally finishing the last detail he recalls, he sighs. 'Well...not much fer big speeches but thinkin I's got 'er done.'

Liberty's Edge

he/him Half-Orc Slayer 5 | AC18 T 14 FF 14| HP 36/50 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc. +8

"Look at that, dancing's on the table after all"

Azalmak makes his way to the story-telling circle. When his turn comes, he asks for some musical accompaniment as he begins retelling the tale of a small village with a dark past that has come back to haunt them, entirely through interpretive dance.

One of the village's most talented youth went missing on day, and the mayor had no choice but to call on a group of fresh young adventurers to solve the mystery. The adventurers fought giant beasts and nefarious goblins, all twisted by a demonic bile that had begun appearing in the village and surrounding lands. The youth was soon found, corrupted by the bile, but a deeper mystery remained.

Perform (Dance): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

The half-orc then moves on to the obstacle course, hoping his natural agility will see him to victory.

Acrobatics (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Finally, he turns towards the weightlifting area, unable to resist the chance to demonstrate his orcish might.

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 6 HP 32, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +5, R +5, W +6 Init +6, Perc +13

Carlin crinkles her nose as she picks out her "events" she heads to the menagerie, hoping to whip the animals into line...but not actually whip them...just using her strength of will.

intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

She then heads over to see if her keen eyes can find some hidden clues.

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

She then decides to try her luck at the weight lifting event..showing off her muscles; or lack thereof; before her attempt.

strenght: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

going for comedic effect on the last one...

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji L/N Skald/6 | HP: 51/51 (-6 ~raging) | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 25/11/24 22/11/21 (20% miss if not adjacnt) (unc dodge) | CMD: 20 | F/R/W: +10/6/10 +8/4/8 | Init: +1 | (stats assume raging) | Speed 20 ft | Low-light Vision | Bluff +3, Climb +2, Diplomacy +7, HAnm +12, Intimidate +12, Kn Arcana +8, Kn Hist/Local/Nature/Nobility +7, Kn Other: +3, Perc: +7, Perform (Percussion) +12, Spellcraft +4, UMD +7 | Active Conditions: Heroism (140 minutes), Barkskin (+3, 140 minutes), Inspired Rage

Syllyn will definitely join Azalmak at the story telling booth. He opts for a serious song about the adventures of a famous dragon hunter out of Kellid, tossing in the occasional draconian.

perform sing: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
perform drums: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

Remembering the suggestion to attend multiple events, he heads over to the Lore Symposium where he discusses magical matters.
kn arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Or rather listens as he finds himself way out of his league and decides learning is better than talking.

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+3 Illusions, +2 Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +15 (low-light), SM: +4+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Using the third and last checkbox of the following boon for this adventure.

Piercing the Veil:
You have seen the deceptions that the powerful hide behind and have broken through them, restoring truth to the Society’s history and vindicating the unjustly persecuted former Pathfinder Eylysia. At the start of any adventure, you may check a box next to this boon to gain a +1 bonus on all Perception and Sense Motive checks, as well as all Will saving throws made to resist or disbelieve illusions, for the duration of the adventure.

Dexter quickly replies to their guide, ”I’ll head over there with you ma’am, should be interesting.”

Upon arrival he sits back and relaxes, enjoying all the contestant’s efforts. Until one of them bites off more than they can chew. The wrong motion, the wrong word, the wrong attitude, whatever it was, the inexperienced agent just pissed off a wolf. As the creature snarles and snaps, preparing to pounce, the small gnome bolts from his seat. Sprinting into position to distract, he pulls the wolf’s attention to him and then easily calms the creature.

Handle Animal + Inspiration: 1d20 + 13 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 13 + (1) = 15

Or it woulda been easy if he hadn’t rolled two ones! Eh, might still get the DC.

After that he hops back over the fence and heads for another coffee. Which winds him up quite a bit. Promising that he can see colors now, he runs through the gauntlet giving it his best shot.

Perception + Boon: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 14 + 1 = 33

Dark Archive

Female Halfling Druid-4/Warpriest-1 | HP-37 | AC-17 | F-9, R-4, W-11 | Per-10, SM-7 Dip-5

Oh wow Prilla exclaims. You might have just beaten my sister's score on the obstacle course. And good job with that wolf too. I thought I was going to have to break out my healing kit

Prilla also sees Carlin try a dead lift which she nearly makes then somehow she topples forwards and faceplants on the stage, leaving the barbells to roll off the front of the stage and into the audience.

This actually happened during the 1974 Commonwealth Games to a New Zealand weightlifter called Graham May

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+12 | 124312 | SFS B5-B8 | SFS 1-21 | PFS1e 6-97


Wymac gains the following boons:
Gain a +2 competence bonus on one Dexterity-based skill check attempted during the adventure.
Gain a +2 competence bonus on one Heal, Perception, or Survival check attempted during the adventure.
Gain a +2 competence bonus on one Disable Device check or Reflex saving throw attempted during the adventure.


Bob gains the following boons:
Gain a +2 competence bonus on one Linguistics or Knowledge check attempted during the adventure.
Gain a +2 competence bonus on one Heal, Perception, or Survival check attempted during the adventure.


Alzamak gains the following boons:
Gain a +2 competence bonus on one Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate check attempted during the adventure.
Gain a +2 competence bonus on one Dexterity-based skill check attempted during the adventure.


Carlin gains the following boons:
Gain a +2 competence bonus on one Handle Animal, Intimidate, or wild empathy check attempted during the adventure. Alternatively, the PC gains a +2 bonus on one attack roll against an animal or magical beast.
Gain a +2 competence bonus on one Heal, Perception, or Survival check attempted during the adventure.


Syllyn gains the following boon:
Gain a +2 competence bonus on one Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate check attempted during the adventure.


Dexter gains the following boon:
Gain a +2 competence bonus on one Dexterity-based skill check attempted during the adventure.

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+12 | 124312 | SFS B5-B8 | SFS 1-21 | PFS1e 6-97

Rumours also abound at these events and you pick up a few.

New Policy?:

The Decemvirate has spared no expense on this year’s Grand Convocation and has reached out to as many Pathfinders as possible and underwritten some costs when necessary. This is an effort to demonstrate their appreciation to field agents, repair any frayed relationships, and celebrate a successful year.

Next Generation!:

The Society’s success at Nerosyan and more recently at the sky citadel Jormurdun has captured the imaginations of a new crop of Pathfinders, who see the Society as a potential force for good as well as scholarship. The halls of the Quadrangle have not been so full in many years.

Strange Artifact?:

The principal discovery of the sky citadel of Jormurdun has been moved to a strange chamber with no corners along the exterior walls, floor, and ceiling. This is to help shield it from strange otherworldly entities. This year’s keynote address is allegedly about the artifact discovered in Jormurdun, the Sky Key.

Future Agendas:

A large number of venture-captains posted abroad have made a concerted effort to attend the Grand Convocation this year. There is speculation that there are interesting plans for the year ahead and that they’re jockeying for consideration from the Decemvirate.

Menagerie Multiplication!:

The budget to maintain the menagerie has been temporarily expanded for the Grand Convocation. The Grand Lodge is capitalizing on the large number of visitors to present as many unusual specimens as possible.

City Politics:

A Foreign Quarter councilman, Lord Omrys of House Ahnkamen, has registered some concern about the Grand Convocation with Absalom’s Grand Council. Lord Omrys feels that the Pathfinder Society is a “weirdness magnet” that brings more trouble to the city than good. He fears that a “Pathfinder Convention” is only going to exacerbate and concentrate the mischief that surrounds the Society, so he has requested that the district guard keep close tabs on the Grand Lodge for the next week. The Decemvirate has been in contact with Lord Omrys and assured him that all will be well.

Dark Archive

Female Halfling Druid-4/Warpriest-1 | HP-37 | AC-17 | F-9, R-4, W-11 | Per-10, SM-7 Dip-5

After people comes back from the competitions, Prilla suggests that everyone free roams the campus. Just don't leave the Grand Lodge because the Master of Swords is going to make his speech soon. she says. But there's still time for anyone to attempt a competition they haven't done yet.

She heads for the buffet table.

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji L/N Skald/6 | HP: 51/51 (-6 ~raging) | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 25/11/24 22/11/21 (20% miss if not adjacnt) (unc dodge) | CMD: 20 | F/R/W: +10/6/10 +8/4/8 | Init: +1 | (stats assume raging) | Speed 20 ft | Low-light Vision | Bluff +3, Climb +2, Diplomacy +7, HAnm +12, Intimidate +12, Kn Arcana +8, Kn Hist/Local/Nature/Nobility +7, Kn Other: +3, Perc: +7, Perform (Percussion) +12, Spellcraft +4, UMD +7 | Active Conditions: Heroism (140 minutes), Barkskin (+3, 140 minutes), Inspired Rage

Syllyn takes Prillas suggestion and takes a crack at the animal handling competition, lulling them and motivating them with his unique blends of soothing tones and subtle drumming.

handle animal: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Dark Archive

Female Halfling Druid-4/Warpriest-1 | HP-37 | AC-17 | F-9, R-4, W-11 | Per-10, SM-7 Dip-5

Now that's a technique I haven't seen before Prilla exclaims in delight.

Syllyn gains the following boon:
Gain a +2 competence bonus on one Handle Animal, Intimidate, or wild empathy check attempted during the adventure. Alternatively, the PC gains a +2 bonus on one attack roll against an animal or magical beast.

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 6 HP 32, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +5, R +5, W +6 Init +6, Perc +13

Carlin mills about, trying to see if she can hear any gossip or tidbits of news as she sips a coffee and nibbles on some cookies.

perc: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+12 | 124312 | SFS B5-B8 | SFS 1-21 | PFS1e 6-97

Carlin overhears that the Master of Spells, Aram Zey was originally said to deliver the keynote address but begged out of the privilege, citing his general dislike and disdain for the Grand Convocation as a colossal waste of time and expense. Marcos Farabellus, Master of Swords, volunteered to take his place.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue 3 / Infiltrator 3 | HP:20/46 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:6 CMD:21 | Saves F:+6 R:+12 W:+4 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +17 |
Skills:
DD+17, KnLoc+4, Stealth+19, Acrobatics +19

After picking up on several rumors at the events, Wymarc takes Prilla’s advice and roams around the campus, mixing in with other attendees, keeping his eyes alert for anything of seeming significance, and ears open to any more gossip…

Perception: 1d10 + 17 ⇒ (10) + 17 = 27

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+3 Illusions, +2 Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +15 (low-light), SM: +4+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Dexter heads off to the menagerie, keeping his ears and eyes open for anything interesting.

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Liberty's Edge

he/him Half-Orc Slayer 5 | AC18 T 14 FF 14| HP 36/50 | F +7 R +7 W +4 | Init +2 | Perc. +8

Seeing as Trap Mastery isn't getting much attention, Azalmak tries his hand at that.

Disable Device (t): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+12 | 124312 | SFS B5-B8 | SFS 1-21 | PFS1e 6-97

Azalmak gains a +2 competence bonus on one Disable Device check or Reflex saving throw attempted during the adventure.

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+12 | 124312 | SFS B5-B8 | SFS 1-21 | PFS1e 6-97

Wymarc picks up another rumour. Arliss Hall is full to the brim with
visiting venture-captains from abroad. The building is rumored to mysteriously change its internal layout. The increased comings and goings have prompted it to do so with even greater regularity and many venture-captains have become lost themselves, wandering the hallways.

Dexter hears the Menagerie Multiplication rumour.


Rise of the Runelords Pt2|RotRL Pt 3| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| CORE Emerald Spire

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

A loud voice blares through the din of the assembly. “Pathfinders, please get settled. All campus-wide events are closing. All venture-captains and field agents are invited to gather on the north lawn for refreshments and the keynote address in several minutes.”

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji L/N Skald/6 | HP: 51/51 (-6 ~raging) | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 25/11/24 22/11/21 (20% miss if not adjacnt) (unc dodge) | CMD: 20 | F/R/W: +10/6/10 +8/4/8 | Init: +1 | (stats assume raging) | Speed 20 ft | Low-light Vision | Bluff +3, Climb +2, Diplomacy +7, HAnm +12, Intimidate +12, Kn Arcana +8, Kn Hist/Local/Nature/Nobility +7, Kn Other: +3, Perc: +7, Perform (Percussion) +12, Spellcraft +4, UMD +7 | Active Conditions: Heroism (140 minutes), Barkskin (+3, 140 minutes), Inspired Rage

Syllyn rubs his hands together in anticipation of the refreshments and, to a lesser extent, the address.

"Well, that was educational," he declares when the group meets up again.

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+3 Illusions, +2 Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +15 (low-light), SM: +4+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Dexter has a plate full of crab rangoon and some sort of fried bread thing drizzled in chocolate, he shares bites with Salazar as they find their seats. Then shares a yawn as well, ”I hope this isn’t long, I’m beat. Never sleep well in cities.”

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 6 HP 32, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +5, R +5, W +6 Init +6, Perc +13

Yes...lots of gossip. I have to come to these more often. Let's go grab a good seat. It's the noise, isn't it...coming from a fair size city, I get it. I never rralized how noisy it was till my first time outside the city...completely different... Carlin says as she reaches for yet another coffee and a plate of sugary candies.

Dark Archive

Female Halfling Druid-4/Warpriest-1 | HP-37 | AC-17 | F-9, R-4, W-11 | Per-10, SM-7 Dip-5

Prilla claps her hands three times to get everyone's attention.

Keynote speech! Keynote speech! Everyone to the north lawn please.

She grabs food and drink to go and heads to the north lawn to find her sister.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue 3 / Infiltrator 3 | HP:20/46 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:6 CMD:21 | Saves F:+6 R:+12 W:+4 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +17 |
Skills:
DD+17, KnLoc+4, Stealth+19, Acrobatics +19

Wymarc nods, grabs an ale and some bread, and cops a squat…


Rise of the Runelords Pt2|RotRL Pt 3| Giantslayer|Emerald Spire| CORE Emerald Spire

***OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT***

“Greetings! Once again, I am Marcos Farabellus, Master of Swords, and it is my distinct privilege to welcome you all to the annual Grand Convocation of the Pathfinder Society! We have sent expeditions throughout the Inner Sea and beyond—from Tian Xia to Jalmeray to Irrisen, we have explored, worked together, and uncovered more mysteries about our world than ever before. It has been an incredibly successful year for the Society, and the ones responsible stand before me today: each and every one of you who continues to make the Society great. On behalf of the Decemvirate and your venture-captains, you have our sincerest thanks.

“As most of you know, one of our greatest triumphs of the decade has been the location and exploration of the lost sky citadel, Jormurdun. Those of you who joined the Jormurdun expedition may recall the unusual artifact that we discovered on that mission: the Sky Key. The key gave us a momentary glimpse of the past—an unparalleled opportunity to meet and interact with a lost civilization. Unfortunately, the key was not whole. So, for the past year, teams have scoured Golarion in search of its missing components. I’m pleased to announce today, the Sky Key is whole! Soon we will again bridge the divide to ages past and…”

The Master of Swords pauses for a brief, questioning second as he peers into the air above the gathered crowd. There, an immense Glyph of the Open Road hangs in midair before booming an angry retort. “You’ll do what? Steal the past? Like you steal everything else?!”

Farabellus’s eyes narrow as he stares at the symbol. “Who are you and who put you up to this?”

“The better question is, ‘What am I?’” the voice retorts. “I’m not a liar, and I’m not a hypocrite. Nor do I rob captives of their livelihood, claiming the moral high ground of historical preservation!” With each accusation, cracks appear in the Glyph of the Open Road before the whole symbol ignites and drips flaming tears upon the crowd below. “But the Pathfinder Society is that and more, and today it shall answer for its countless crimes!”

Screeches from above announce scores of winged humanoids launching themselves from Skyreach’s many roofs, just as howls from the menagerie accompanied by explosions from the outbuildings that send painful reverberations through the Grand Lodge. The Pathfinder Society is under attack!

Table GMs, please begin Part 2! All areas begin in Threat Level Red.

Grand Lodge

female aasimar sorceror 6 HP 32, AC/T/FF 12, 12, 10, F +5, R +5, W +6 Init +6, Perc +13

Well, that's not a good sign... Carlin drains her coffee, knowing she'l need the energy for whatever this incursion brings. She grabs a wand and readies it. would like to use mage armour on myself
if possible.

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji L/N Skald/6 | HP: 51/51 (-6 ~raging) | AC Norm/Tch/FF: 25/11/24 22/11/21 (20% miss if not adjacnt) (unc dodge) | CMD: 20 | F/R/W: +10/6/10 +8/4/8 | Init: +1 | (stats assume raging) | Speed 20 ft | Low-light Vision | Bluff +3, Climb +2, Diplomacy +7, HAnm +12, Intimidate +12, Kn Arcana +8, Kn Hist/Local/Nature/Nobility +7, Kn Other: +3, Perc: +7, Perform (Percussion) +12, Spellcraft +4, UMD +7 | Active Conditions: Heroism (140 minutes), Barkskin (+3, 140 minutes), Inspired Rage

"Seems like this is a pattern. Recent meetings have become violent far more than one would expect."

Syllyn casts barkskin (using Expanded Spell Kenning) and heroism on himself if time permits.

He uses Magnesium to extend the duration of Barkskin, Cytillesh spores to extend the duration of Heroism, and his lesser metamagic rod of extend to extend the duration of both.

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG / UC Rogue 3 / Infiltrator 3 | HP:20/46 | AC:19 T:15 FF:14 | CMB:6 CMD:21 | Saves F:+6 R:+12 W:+4 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+7 | Per: +17 |
Skills:
DD+17, KnLoc+4, Stealth+19, Acrobatics +19

Wymarc draws his bow and looks for viable targets…

Silver Crusade

NG Gnome Wild Whisperer (Druid) 6 | Mods: None | Salazar II | HP 45 (-0) | AC/Tch/FF 19/12/18 (+4 vs. Giants) | CMD 13 | F/R/W +9/+5/+10 (+3 Illusions, +2 Neg Energy, 5 Neg Energy Resist) | Speed 20ft | Perc: +15 (low-light), SM: +4+1d6 | Init: +3 | 2 Star Reroll 1/1, Inspiration 4/4, Spells Tracked on Sheet

Dexter is about to clap as the symbol explodes and then he notices all the creatures moving in to attack, ”Ah. I guess it wasn’t a show. Should have expected this actually, even just a gathering of us brings trouble.”

He ruffles Sal’s fur, ”Just like we trained buddy, just like we trained.”

The boar’s fur thickens and bristles, becoming almost like thick wire (Barkskin 60m)

Dexter pulls a wand (magic fang) and looks for any nearby threats, ”Any animals I should be able to calm or control. If we clear an open area I can also entangle enemies.”

1 to 50 of 282 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PbP Outpost VII - Siege of Serpents [5-6] (KS) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.