Traviller - RPG - Asian Tails

Game Master Johnny_Panic

GAME SLIDES


401 to 450 of 618 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

She that flys then is the name of your ship that is linked to your ship transponder and cant be changed but your ships AI is now called AYA.

Monger, As you file your needed docs, you gain access to the near by planets net. A lot of data like upto date maps are behind paywalls. But the cost is low, Cr200 for full access for the week. AYA can link and update your starcharts and full out history for her. AYA spend some time and also updates her Sol common and Aslan language.

Also you work on you list of agents an the 5 given are the ones you feel can be trusted. The Local TAC has them as the best ones in system.


AI - 000EC6

"Your will have to update the transponder, and I have updated my map database. The have a little of the last 600 years of aslan history and a lot of Sol Human history"

She says.

ENg or computer roll DC7 for transponder.


Male Vargr [STATS] B899C5 [Health] F+22 | Shells 24 20

Not sure what to do in the new system, Navarre knew that he could at least take care of the transponder. Moving back towards engineering, "Aya, send the database information to the Engineering, I'll update the transponder there."

Engineering Electronics?: 2d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 1 + 2 = 7


Its a lot harder then you thought it would be Navarre. The transponder is old, the ship may look new but a lot of it has decayed over 600 years. But you manage to pull the boards out from it and fix them, then linking it to you consol your get the new protocols from AYA and flash them into it. Rebuilding the transponder and waiting some anxious moments before it activates and starts to work again. It takes you about 6 hours.

The ship gets pinged in that time asking why your transponder is off and you inform the system defence forces its for maintenance. They don't seem to trust you and soon a system boat comes into range and asks to dock with you for a customs check.

"This is system boat 12 to craft 'She that Flys' prepare for docking and inspection over"


9ACAC6 Doctor
GM_Panic wrote:

Its a lot harder then you thought it would be Navarre. The transponder is old, the ship may look new but a lot of it has decayed over 600 years. But you manage to pull the boards out from it and fix them, then linking it to you consol your get the new protocols from AYA and flash them into it. Rebuilding the transponder and waiting some anxious moments before it activates and starts to work again. It takes you about 6 hours.

The ship gets pinged in that time asking why your transponder is off and you inform the system defence forces its for maintenance. They don't seem to trust you and soon a system boat comes into range and asks to dock with you for a customs check.

"This is system boat 12 to craft 'She that Flys' prepare for docking and inspection over"

"System Vessel 12 this is Captain Nathan Grey of the the vessel registered as She that Flys. Please hold your position until my Chief Engineer has finished the transponder maintenance we indicated. This vessel will hold its position as well. I look forward to meeting you."

JackOT(Int): 2d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5, 6) + 1 + 2 = 14 --- [to persuade, nicely]


"Roger that She that Flys be warned we will have tactical lock on you as we come in. Do nothing hostile or you will be fired on. You have half an hour before boarding, System defiance Boat 12 out"

Comes the respone.


AI - 000EC6

AYA comes online

"I have directed tactical lock, do you wish me to attempt to brake lock?"

So what do you do.


Male Vargr [STATS] B899C5 [Health] F+22 | Shells 24 20
GM_Panic wrote:
It takes you about 6 hours.
GM_Panic wrote:
"...You have half an hour before boarding..."

Where are we in the 6 hour process in comparison to the half hour?

Pausing in his work, Navarre listened to the conversation with the System Vessel. He hears AYA ask about breaking the lock, tabbing his radio, "No AYA we want to be able to find legal work, I think breaking the lock, along with whatever other repercussions, would make that harder to do."

Smiling to himself as he returns to work, he continues, "Oh and Cable, I'm really not a 'chief engineer' especially since I'm the only one back here. 'Engineer' or Navarre will do just fine."


8BAC87

Abebe, sitting at the pilot's console as the ship floats though space waiting on decisions, continues to sort through the data and is about ready to make recommendation to the others when the challenge comes through. At Aya's question, Abebe starts to shake, as Navarre's calm voice goes through telling Aya not to get them jailed or worse. Abebe says, "The police will come aboard and inspect us. Aya seem to operate as a computer interface as of the general tech of the rest of the ship. Leave a document stating something like:if this ship is found do the following then give the particulars of the deal we have, without revealing you are an A.I. So we complete an honor journey and the Aslan clan will give us the ship. We will say we do this to honor Aslan customs. Repeat all this to the crew. Hope you like that Captain, I'd like my behind to remain attached." Abebe obeys all instructions of the police ship precisely.


@Navarre 1d60 ⇒ 56 56 mins left to go

If you can make an eng roll of DC14 you can half that time.


9ACAC6 Doctor
Navarre "Two-Fingers" wrote:
GM_Panic wrote:
It takes you about 6 hours.
GM_Panic wrote:
"...You have half an hour before boarding..."

Where are we in the 6 hour process in comparison to the half hour?

Pausing in his work, Navarre listened to the conversation with the System Vessel. He hears AYA ask about breaking the lock, tabbing his radio, "No AYA we want to be able to find legal work, I think breaking the lock, along with whatever other repercussions, would make that harder to do."

Smiling to himself as he returns to work, he continues, "Oh and Cable, I'm really not a 'chief engineer' especially since I'm the only one back here. 'Engineer' or Navarre will do just fine."

To Aya:

"Aya maintain their tactical lock; inititate a tactical lock of our own if you can. It should look as though we too want to ensure that there are no deviations of course or intent. We are equal to them until we are not ..."

To Navarre:
"Preference noted 'mister' ... the title was meant to help invoke their confidence, which I believe it did. You may hear me say Engineering Team when I am looking to craft a positive response as well; also not false given how many of us can hold a screwdriver. Not false, maybe not true all the time either, but not false. Chief wasn't meant to make convey that you had skills you do not have, but it was accurately meant to convey that you are principally in charge of engineering stuff. You are principally in charge of engineering stuff by the way." Cable smiles at the "Chief"

"Under no circumstances should anyone on this ship speak of our mission whatsoever -- I am sure that Aya has updated all of the appropriate files, inluding checking the local system records for data of her passing 600 years ago; that is all that law enorcement in any system should be asking for. Even if they were to dispatch a query to Syailei for verification, that would take weeks even via Jump-4 express boats. How we came into our "inheritance" is not the purvue of customs agents, they simply need to be assured that there is no criminal intent surrounding the poor timing of our transponder update. We will have all of the appropriate documents printed and ready for them. Aya, please confirm, and begin printing."


AI - 000EC6

"Compliance"

she says, matching speed withe the boat and but she has no printers all data records are held on Crystal. Two small data Crystal roll down a shoot.

"the records and ship charter as requested"


"Free trader 'She that flys' prep belly air lock we are coming into do doc."

Somes over the line form the system boat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human AACBC6

Boom rolls his eyes and sighs on hearing the were going to be inspected. He makes sure any weapons are stored and waits for the inspection.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Vargr [STATS] B899C5 [Health] F+22 | Shells 24 20
GM_Panic wrote:
@Navarre 1d60 56 mins left to go, If you can make an eng roll of DC14 you can half that time.

Engineering Electronics?: 2d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6, 5) + 1 + 2 = 14

His paws flying, Navarre realized agreed with Abebe, they were going to be boarded by legitimate authority and he'd just as soon not irritate them. Rolling his eyes when his friend calls him 'mister' he did understand why Cable used the terminology, but it still felt really weird. Attaching the last parts of the transponder he tells the captain, "Cable, I think I've got it, AYA can you verify?" He smiles to himself, "and 'Mister' was my dad. Better Chief or Engineer or mechanic or even grease monkey, but not 'Mister'."

I'm just imagining a less formal relationship between our crew. More like the Serenity's or the Rocinante's since none of are ex-military and have been lifelong friends/acquaintances.


AI - 000EC6

"Yes transponder is now working"


System Boat 12
"Free trader "She that flys" we now have your transponder, thank you. Docking, please slave dock your ship to ours."

The air lock slaves and the boat docs soon, the airlock opens and a well dress security officer enters you spine passage followed by two boat crew men carry a box. they open it and take out a scanner.

"Captain Grey, pleaser to meet you, if you would be have one of your drew escort my scan team around your ship, that would be most helpful. While myself and you have a chat in your ready room."

He waits for you to show him where it is.


Male Human AACBC6

Boom nods his head and says "I'll do it Captain. Why don't we start here in the hold and then move through the ship if you are agreeable?" He looks to the scan crew for their acceptance.


Boom leads the two man scanning team off to the hold. They pull out a 'sniffer' and COs scanner. Its clear they are looking for hidden persons or drugs. They seem not that worried like they do this a lot. You may be able to get into conversation with them.

The officer, follows Nathan "Cable" Grey to the rec area of the ship and takes a seat. The rest of you are free to do with Boom or stay and hear what he has to say.

"Well Captain Grey, I'm lieutenant Rallson of system defence and this is just a standard inspection we do on all craft entering system that pings something odd. And your somewhat old transponder did just that. Do you know those protocols have not been used for hundreds of years. Plus the fact this is obviously and Aslan ship and not a human one. Meant command ordered us to come check you out for any other odd things. Like smuggling slaves or contraband. And here I ask to ask, are you smuggling slaves or contraband?"

Int DC14 Investigate DC12 or keen observation DC10, Psychology DC8:

He is hiding something, they are looking for something specific or someone


9ACAC6 Doctor
Navarre "Two-Fingers" wrote:


I'm just imagining a less formal relationship between our crew. More like the Serenity's or the Rocinante's since none of are ex-military and have been lifelong friends/acquaintances.

We can work out campaign-specific notation, but the quote marks are air-quotes in the case where Cable uses a nautical/military term. As the edumacated guy, there are things he just thinks are funny, and most things outside of a med lab only matter to him functionally, not culturally

Oddly enough, monkey happens to be what I call my partner (well in spanish) we both call each other that

I do feel like Cable would have some other pet name for Navarre though (pun totally intended)


Male Vargr [STATS] B899C5 [Health] F+22 | Shells 24 20

Psychology DC8: 2d6 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) - 2 + 2 = 6

Relieved that he got the transponder working on time, Navarre felt the ship move into docking position. Put the weapons he'd been planning on working on in a drawer, not wanting to waste time, he began to make a list of what they would need for the ship to be fully back to 'working order.' When the engineering door opened Navarre looked up at the two humans ? escorting Boom. Standing up, he wiped his paw on his coveralls and extends it, "Names Navarre, welcome to the ship."

Looking down at their equipment, he raises an eyebrow and asks. "Is that a sniffer?" Cocking his head so as to get a better view of the second piece of equipment, "And a scanner?" He looks up at the two fellows, a twinkle in his eyes, "What are you fellows looking for?"


8BAC87

Before the boarding.
Abebe shrugs at the Captain's command say, "Aya Captain I'll draw no attention to our mission, and let you explain any oddness. Just remember how the Sheriff seized on any oddness or seeming omission to hunt down the truth, be ready for answers you can back up."

After boarding

Abebe waits at the pilot statui but moves to the captain's lcoation as needed or asked. He'll be ready to provide him or the customs officer with any service they require. He'll try to size up the foreign agent but it's a challenge.

INT: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 2 = 11 Suss out the Customs C.O.


"Its sniffs for organic gasses, the scanner can look past walls for hidden spaces that smugglers move, can be move onto the cargo.'

One the security men says.


9ACAC6 Doctor

"'Officer' Boom, would you be so kind as to bring Chief Navarre to us when the inspection of Engineering is complete? It wouldn't do for he and the Lieutenant not to meet as soon as is possible."

Nathan escorts the Lieutenant into the living room of the ship's primary stateroom (Area 2)

EDU+Investigate(JoT): 2d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 2 + 2 = 14
INT+Observe(JoT): 2d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1, 2) + 1 + 2 = 6
EDU+Psych(JoT): 2d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 + 2 = 10

"It really is my pleasure to meet you Lieutenant; please sit down, let me get you some water. You should get along with telling me the rest of what you need to tell me straight away; the part about whatever your primary mission is that the sniffing & scanniing is meant to cover."

Cable smiles at the man

"Please also do not mistake my meaning; I have spent my entire life in med bays and operating theatres, I know when symptoms don't quite match reported ailments. I will tell you a complete non-secret about medical treatment too; if it isn't direct, it is rarely successful. So let's hear it. You may find that STF's crew can be helpful to you in system; we are great believers in allies."


"All in good time"

He says and waits while his men work, soon this comm link ping and one of his men cam on line.

"All clear sir"

The Lieutenant replace.

"Take the equipment back to the boat and report to the captain."

"I,I, sir"

Boom leads them to the air lock and sees them off the ship, then heads to me main area. The Lieutenant stands and introduces himself to boom. The sits again.

"Well you are an odd ship. Humans and Vargor manning an Aslan free trader. This ship feels more like a yacht than a free trader, and you Aslan uniforms. Also I noted you don't have any ships weapons, Just, and correct me of I am wrong, long range scanner pods. Which kind of makes me think you more scout ship than trader or yacht. And a very large unused state room. There is also wealthy Alsan clothing in storage. So tell me the truth. Is this some ship some Aslan nobles hunting yacht? Becouse you shore as hell look like one."

He is wrong about one which is a stealth unit not a scanner unit, but its seems its looks like one to ships scans. he must also have been remotely monitoring what he crew where scanning.

"Well that is beside the point, You asked what we are looking for and that I will tell you as you may be able to help with you long range scanners. A few moths ago the leader of the largest local pirate gang was apprehended after a long investigation. They was sent to anther systems penal colony after a plee deal. Where by section high ranking hostages were released. which the gang had been holding for some time. Well that gang leader has escaped and the rummer is they is trying to sneak back into the system. There is a bounty of Cr2,000,000 for this criminal apprehension and 10% of this if one supplies information leading to the this criminals apprehension."

he holds out a small data crystal.

"Are you interested, this has the bounty information on it, and if you are I can tell you how you may help."


9ACAC6 Doctor
GM_Panic wrote:

"All in good time"

He says and waits while his men work, soon this comm link ping and one of his men cam on line.

"All clear sir"

The Lieutenant replace.

"Take the equipment back to the boat and report to the captain."

"I,I, sir"

Boom leads them to the air lock and sees them off the ship, then heads to me main area. The Lieutenant stands and introduces himself to boom. The sits again.

"Well you are an odd ship. Humans and Vargor manning an Aslan free trader. This ship feels more like a yacht than a free trader, and you Aslan uniforms. Also I noted you don't have any ships weapons, Just, and correct me of I am wrong, long range scanner pods. Which kind of makes me think you more scout ship than trader or yacht. And a very large unused state room. And wealthy Alsan clothing in storage so tell me the truth is this some ship some Aslan nobles hunting yacht? Becouse you shore as hell look like one."

He is wrong about one which is a stealth unit not a scanner unit, but its seems its looks like one to ships scans. he must also have been remotely monitoring what he crew where scanning.

"Well that is beside the point, You asked what we are looking for and that I will tell you as you may be able to help with you long range scanners. A few moths ago the leader of the largest local pirate gang was apprehended after a long investigation. They was sent to anther systems penal colony after a plee deal. Where by section high ranking hostages were released. which the gang had been holding for some time. Well that gang leader has escaped and the rummer is they is trying to sneak back into the system. There is a bounty of Cr2,000,000 for this criminal apprehension and 10% of this if one supplies information leading to the this criminals apprehension."

he holds out a small data crystal.

"Are you interested, this has the bounty information on it, and if you are I can tell you how you may help."

"If I were being completely candid Lieutenant, I think I would say something like, "Ya got me" if I were, in fact, being completely candid."

.....

"You did though, by the way. TOTALLY got me. Wow."

"If you have no objections, I would like the crew to hear this. It's work that they would be well suited for, but I will not committ crew & vessel without their feedback."


He seems please with himself that he had worded out what you are.

"Yes by all means call you crew here"

He hands over the Cystal

"That will also show you the position of a small number of and old outpost stations, and astro boltholes they may go to. We just don't have the man power to cover everywhere. Your heading into system. So all we are asking is you do a fly past a few and scan for any thing there like no transponder ships that kind of thing. Report to systems security your findings once you hit planet fall. Thats it, its a long shot but your scanners may find something of use."

He stands getting ready to go.

"Well I have to be going, All the data we have on the sites is on the crystal. Good luck to you."

He indicates he wishes to leave.


Male Vargr [STATS] B899C5 [Health] F+22 | Shells 24 20

Nodding as the security men explain their devices, Usawoti wonders if the pieces of equipment were consistant with the other technology available in the system. As he starts to dream about the posibilities he almost misses being called to the 'living room.' Following with Boom, Navarre takes a seat as well and listens to the lieutenant hypothosize about 'She who Flies.' Raising an eyebrow as the officer confides about the escaped pirate, he watches as the lieutenant offers the data crystal.

Waiting to see if Cable accepts the crystal, Navarre adds, "Sounds like a good plan." Turning to the departing officer he asks, "I'm sure the crystal will tell us, but what was this pirate captains name?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

He stops and says.

"She has a few, 'The White Witch' 'The White Pirate Witch' most of her gang just called her 'The Boss' . Truth is, her real name and past are not known. But you have images of her on the data-crystal. what is dose not rays is that is she is totally ruthless. So be warned."


Male Human AACBC6

Boom smiles and says "Hopefully we won't run into her and be able to identify what she looks like. That may be a little too close. We can surely fly by those areas and look for transponderless ships or bases and let you guys know when we get to the star-port."


The lieutenant leaves and the board undocks. Soon your off again.
heading into system, you have 6 places you can pass and scan.

Astro Nav roll DC 8 for each please. 6x rolls


8BAC87

Abebe listens to the Custom C.O. with some concern. Turning to his own concern, "Pilot Abebe, sir. Is there any nearby free water source we could tap Lieutenant? It could possibly increase our range of search, and if noticed by a pirate ship, could improve our escape chances."

After any replies he follows with, "Lieutenant, is there any way you could provide us with some datahub access? Until we dock and make some deals we don't have in system currency so even a small charge is unavailable until then."

May I have this as a prequel? I almost made it.


before he left she said.

"Sorry what you have in your tanks will have to suffice."

"One you make planet fall, that would be the best time to do a mass data upload if you want to pay for one. Nothing is free here"


Male Vargr [STATS] B899C5 [Health] F+22 | Shells 24 20

Making a mental note of the nicknames of the pirate, Navarre is not surprised the Lieutenant would not give them any aid. They were probably spreading the word like this to every ship they come in contact with, just hoping they might get lucky. He smiles at Boom's observation, "I don't know Boom, two million credits would go a long way." He shrugs his shoulders, "But so would two hundred thousand. So even get a ping on her location would be worth it."

As the local officials leave, Navarre looks towards the others, "So what's the plan?" Realizing he doesn't know as much as Cable and Abebe about space travel, he adds, "In layman's terms?"


The Systems boat sails off into the void and leaves you heading into system. You seen hear it hailing another craft and it seems your right they are asking anyone coming this way to keep eyes pealed. They don't dock with it just tell them about the reward.

AYA comes back online and you all go back to the daily Schedule, you have 3 more days until planet fall. Your eating lunch when you pass the 1st place to have a look at.


Rolls:

1d6 ⇒ 1

Navarre
Sensors 2d6 + 0 + 1 ⇒ (6, 2) + 0 + 1 = 9

Monger
Sensors 2d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4) + 1 + 1 = 11

As you pass it you see nothing on the Sensors but then Monger says there is a ghost echo on the very long range scanner.


9ACAC6 Doctor
Navarre "Two-Fingers" wrote:

Making a mental note of the nicknames of the pirate, Navarre is not surprised the Lieutenant would not give them any aid. They were probably spreading the word like this to every ship they come in contact with, just hoping they might get lucky. He smiles at Boom's observation, "I don't know Boom, two million credits would go a long way." He shrugs his shoulders, "But so would two hundred thousand. So even get a ping on her location would be worth it."

As the local officials leave, Navarre looks towards the others, "So what's the plan?" Realizing he doesn't know as much as Cable and Abebe about space travel, he adds, "In layman's terms?"

"Are you a layman now? Guess that's better than 'fetch' and 'give me your paw' ... in layman's terms "We fly around and look for stuff"

"and hope to heck we find 'stuff' that's worth two million credits"


Male Vargr [STATS] B899C5 [Health] F+22 | Shells 24 20

earlier
Realizing that the doctors idea of layman might be different than that of a pilot or navigator, Navarre looked at Cable for a moment. Twitching a whisker, then another, he finally responded with "Woof." Rolling his eyes, he headed towards Engineering, "Let me know when we're ready to fly around and look for stuff."

hmmm, I see Panic made the rolls for us, cool
As lunch is wrapping up Navarre asks, "Anyone find anything interesting?"


8BAC87

Earlier Monger Abebe shrugs and says, "Worth a shot." After the lieutenant leaves, Abebe, types quietly into his station, an inquiry to the system without giving names, in writing, "Did the customs agents on board leave a listening or recording device or virus behind? If so quietly alert the rest of the crew."

As he sets up the con, Abebe asks our captain/navigator for course to follow, and says, "It would be a good idea for a series of pre planned getaway courses to be available if we need to skedaddle, Captain." Abebe flies along the path with a fuel alert set.

At Navarre's comment on the money, Abebe chimes in, "We really could use that money, even 200,000 credits, would pay for everything near as I have figured it, with some left over, better than we could have hoped for, if it doesn't kill us, of course." On that chery note Abebe starts watching the sensors with Navarre.

After long hours of the watch with his eyelids threaten to drop shut tighter than blast doors, Abebe pops open an eye to see the slightest, twitch on the sensors, looking like a spurious ghost. "Hey Navarre check the sensors, I have a tiny ghost contact at long range. Captain there is a chance we have a contact but I wouldn't put money on it just yet."


Male Human AACBC6

Boom says "We might want to try and be stealthy as well. It would be best if they don't know they have been seen or where to look for us. I realize that may not be possible though."


9ACAC6 Doctor

"Let's alter course to look at that echo, AYA could you please engage all of your stealth systems? Nice work making sure that wasn't detected by the way."

"I wouldn't put money on it either ... but I would surely like to."

"Let's see what's out there!"


8BAC87

Abebe considers what Dig said, "Boom Boom, this sensor suite is, huh, sweet so I think it unlikely that, if it is a real pirate, that they would think we could spot them. I'd be more worried that they might think we are tasty and want to take a bite, if they spot us."

Abebe says, "Aye Captain, though engaging active stealth systems can give away that there is something stealthy out there, if not what or exactly where. And so would I, Captain! Oh, should we then go full active sensors, tight beamed on that ghostly reading? It would tell us the most but give away to anyone looking at us just how good we are at scan."


"Stealth has been activated, main thrusters off line, inertia manoeuvre drive thrusters activated, minim power mode."

The lights on the ship turn red, and all none critical power systems go off line. The ships transponder stops sending and ships electromagnetic transmissions are reduced to near nothing. Scanners go 100% passive and not active. This if a silent running submarine, the ship is eerily silent. But for the pings of the passive sensors. Your running on auxiliary power. AYA hologram is gone and just her voice comes over the flight deck. She too seems to be in minimal mode.

You can now use you inertia and Micro thrusters drift awards the ghost object.

ROLLS:

Monger
Sensors 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 1 = 6

Monger
Pilot 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 1 = 10

Monger slowly moves the ship toward the target. You lose the target on the scanners no your no longer activity scanning
If you do a tight beam scan.

Boom plots a path you get closer to pick it up with an fine active scan.

ROLLS:

Boom
Navigation 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 6) + 1 = 9ADD other

Monger
Sensors 2d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 1 + 1 = 7

You wait to see if you pick it up again, and then you find it. Its small. The optical display shows a life pod. Its Stationery in space and seems dead. Its close to one of the sites you where given to look at.


8BAC87

Analysing the tight beam scan, Abebe says, "Huh, a life pod just sitting there near where pirate may lie. Does anybody think, it's a trap?" he continues, "Maybe we should see if this life pod contains a bomb or something to disable our ship. If we can tell at range." Querying database to see if there is a thruster pack for an EVA.


Male Vargr [STATS] B899C5 [Health] F+22 | Shells 24 20

Blinking as Abebe speaks of sensor suites Navarre tries to remember what he'd learned about ships sensors and their abilities. He hadn't been kidding when he asked Cable about 'layman's' terms. If they were talking about air filtration systems or mining drills or geographic scans showing different materials, he would at least known what he knew. Here in 'She that Flies' he's just doesn't know what he doesn't know.

Refocusing his attention on what's going on, he double checks the screen when AYA tells them stealth and the inertia maneuver drive thrusters had been activated. Hearing Abebe over the radio report there was a 'life pod' and voice his concerns about a bomb, Navarre asks, "AYA, can you scan that pod to see if there is something living inside of it?"


Yes it has a thruster pack, its a far trader pod, class 3 which means it has planet fall thrusters and shoots. Or it should have.

AYA
"I can but we would need to drop stealth to do that level of scan. Would you like me to drop stealth mode?"

Just as she says this Monger, your looking hard and the images when it slowly turns as it dose you can see there someone it in. Their head is covered with a Vacc suit helmet that only shows gold of the face plate. But you can tell from the condensation on the window of the pod, they are breathing in there. Then the the scanners blip. A another ship is heading your way. Looks like it coming strait here, ETA 1/3 hour.


Male Vargr [STATS] B899C5 [Health] F+22 | Shells 24 20
GM_Panic wrote:
Another ship is heading your way. Looks like it coming strait here, ETA 1/3 hour.

How far are we from the pod?

Seeing the blip on the scanner, Navarre considers whether he wants to ask her to drop stealth mode. It really should be the captains call, so he bites his tongue. Instead, he begins pulling up information on the screen, asking. "AYA, How quickly can we get to the pod, and can you tell us anything about the approaching ship?"

He strained his memory, trying to remember all the gear they'd seen on 'She that flies.' Shaking his head, "AYA anyway to grab that pod and get out of here before the other ship arrives?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AI - 000EC6

"Approximately 15mins with a full burn and 1/2 hour in stealth mode. I don't have a salvage pod Navarre, it would need an EVA to bring it into the cargo hold. If that ship has weapons it would be with in range in 20 mins. Giving who ever is doing the EVA 5 mins to get to it, grab it and come get it into the cargo hold with it, thats IF they dont have long range weapons."

She says


Male Human AACBC6

Upon hearing all this Boom shakes his head "I don't like this but this is an opportunity. We can't just leave someone in a non functioning pod, but there is a good chance this is the pirate. Does that other ship have a transponder going? If not it may be her ride. I can go out and get the pod if that is what we want. If we break stealth we need to send a message quickly to the authorities of what we found and where and the other ship in case this goes badly. I don't think we have a good way to lock her up so we are just going to have to tie her up unless there are handcuffs somewhere. I'll suit up. Cable and Two-Fingers meet me armed in the hold once it repressurizes. Abebe will need to get us going quickly once I am on board. Sound good?" Half under his breath he says "I really need to learn to operate those sensors so Abebe can pilot, Cable navigate and Two-Fingers work the systems."


AI - 000EC6

AYA

"No its transponder Dark"

401 to 450 of 618 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / CLASSSIC TRAVILLER - LIfe on the ROCK All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.