[SFS] 4-12 A Festive Operation (Inactive)

Game Master Kludde

Maps And Handouts
RPG Chronicles
High Tier


1 to 50 of 206 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Regarded by many as the cultural center of the Pact Worlds, Absalom Station plays host to hundreds of different holiday traditions each year, shared by the hundreds of diverse species who live and work there. But while holidays are normally a time for celebration, not everyone's feeling particularly festive. A whimsical raxilite appears to a group of fledgling Starfinders and asks them for help in spreading cheer. The Starfinders are tasked with doing a few good deeds for Station residents and experiencing three different Pact World holidays.


| Recruitment Board | How is my flying? (feedback) | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Castamir Event Code: 2715121 | How is everybody doing?

Welcome everybody, whatever celestial body you're on. Please take a moment to get comfortable, introduce your character and fill out some of that lovely paperwork (please register your characters in RPG Chronicles). Please also take a moment to write down your init and perception on the Handouts and upload a token. AbadarCorp Entertainment wishes you a safe flight and a pleasant journey!

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 10/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 80/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 1/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 6/6 2nd 3/3|

George 09-23 shows up eager to spread some festive cheer. He is most curious to see how experiencing the holidays will be different than reading about them.

I am slotting my boons for the mission. Faction: Dataphiles Champion, Starship: Enhanced Targeting, Social: Expert Blackmail, Slotless: Marked Field Agent, Ally Boon: (Duskmire Allegiance-Yetis), Personal Boon: Scoured Star Survivor.

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Solis, sometimes known as Sunny, and occasionally known as 'Bacon-Head' for her orange and red hair is a Solarian as well as a solar physicist who has just come back from a stint on the observatory at Brilliance Station. Now, back on Absalom Station, she sits in the cafeteria, idly stirring a cup of Poshkettle Tea and wondering how to spend the upcoming holidays as well as wondering if the Society has any upcoming missions she can get on. It's actually been a while since she was out and the credit situation is getting a bit low.

She looks up as George 09-23 shows up.

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 10/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 80/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 1/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 6/6 2nd 3/3|

George 09-23 nods at Solis. He searches his memory bank for the correct social protocol to utilise in this situation. He selects the social protocol titled 'Casual First Interaction With New Colleague' and runs it.

"Hi I am George, George 09-23 to be exact. It is good to spend some time on the station again with a pair of back-to-back missions."

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Back to back missions huh? Solis replies. Anything interesting? I haven't been on a mission in at least a year or more, or even on the Station. Been on Brilliance Station all the time. Sooooooo .... what's been happening recently?

Her mote glows a bit above her head with the colour and spectral class of the local sun.

Oh ... sorry ... Solis

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 10/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 80/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 1/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 6/6 2nd 3/3|

George 09-23 points to Solis' mote.

"Right. Fitting name."

"We just met the four candidates for the first seeker. They are interesting people."

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Huh? First Seeker elections? Again? Doesn't seem that long since the last one. I'll look 'em up later. Anything else?

Acquisitives

m N drow Operative 3 [Athlete] | sp 0/27 | hp 0/28 | rp 3/5 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | F+1 R+7 W+3 [+2 vs enchantment] | Evasion | Perc +10 | DV60' |

Another future participant of the holidays is a wiry athletic drow in a rather brutal (but still technologically advanced) armor made of the skin of some probably predatory animal. This armor is clearly chosen a size smaller to stick to his figure and further emphasize his narrow waist and broad shoulders. He nods to fellow Starfinders. Name's Anthetriss.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

"Iseph" | non-binary NG Android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1; darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None

Iseph glances around, drumming their fingers against their thigh, as they scope out the exits. Once satisfied that there are no immediate threats, they relax... slightly.

"The name's Iseph. If it has got an engine, I can pilot it. Apart from that, I mostly do 'discrete' work, so I don't really pay attention to the political aspect of the Society."

Dataphiles

Agender android witchwarper 7 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +11; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 Senses: Low-Light | Speed 40ft

GREETINGS AS WELL booms from a large figure who has carefully scooted closer and closer as they have seen other Starfinder agents congregating. Vaguely nuar-shaped, though larger and bulkier than normal, the brown 'fur' covering its body is patchy enough that you can clearly see metal beneath its artificial hairs.

AND HELLO AGAIN ISEPH. I AM CYGPO, AS YOU MAY RECALL. As some of their fellows talk about being back on the solid 'ground' of the Station, CYGPO agrees. YES, IT HAS BEEN A TUMULTUOUS TIME AS OF LATE. BETWEEN THE DRIFT CRISIS CRASH AND PROBELMS WITH THIS NEW ENEMY ORGANIZATION, I HAD BEEN HOPING TO SPEND SOME CALMER TIMES HERE FOR A WHILE.

Android party :)
Also heads up GM: CYGPO's player has GM'd this scenario once before (right after it came out so about two years ago). I don't recall many details of it, but will try not to metagame as/if things come back to me.

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Solis winces as the large android speaks, and her mote brightens up a bit.

Look guys she says, sounding a bit irritated. WHY is everyone congregating around MY table. And ... yeah .. I'm not sure I've met ANY of you but since you're here - please find seats. I don't like being loomed over.

As for you she says turning to look at Cygpo. Please don't shout.

She sighs as she gets her temper under control and the mote powers down to normal.

I'm sorry - I only just got on station, been away for over a year. I heard of the Drift Crisis but what's this about an enemy organization? Datch stirring things up again? I thought we put a stop to that.

She indicates seats. Now, I think I'll get some more Poshkettle tea. Anyone want some? And if so, what flavour?


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

The tables in the Starfinder cafeteria at the heart of the Lorespire complex are always pleasant, and it helps that the numerous food station have options for even the pickiest of eaters. Want some greasy food? They have it, prefer protein mush? No problem, as long as you don't throw it around. Cupcakes? Just order.

Kuthona is coming up, and that also means numerous galactic holidays! Galactic treats have been added to the cafeteria’s offerings and the walls have been plastered with festive decorations, including handmade garlands
(courtesy of Fitch’s grandchildren) floating lanterns, and holo-photos of Starfinders no longer with the Society.

The Starfinders in this group are not the only ones here. The location is abuzz with Starfinders, mostly discussing their upcoming plans. A jolly little raxilite garbed in festive attire settles into an open seat at the table, placing down a tray piled high with cookies, candied fruit, and other sweet treats. They smile, offering the tray out to share.

“Hi! I’m Camellia! the Raxilite says and winks to Solis I heard you're a friend of Voli's! They say hi! Want a cookie?

I adore the holidays, don’t you? First Choices, Newspark, Reunion—there’s so many celebrations this month I couldn’t possibly pick a favorite. How about you? Do you have plans to celebrate?”

---
It's not quite Kuthona (December) yet, but it won't take long! Welcome everybody to this adventure on the importance of jolliness. Game on!

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male CN Brakim Death Touched Mystic 5 | SP 45/45 HP 36/36 | RP 7/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60', Per +14, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: Fatigued.

Istilnar sits alone in the Starfinder cafeteria brooding... His only company is a hot cup of tea that gives off an acrid scent.

The hood of his long coat is pulled tight over his head, so that the features of his face are obscured.

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Solis puts down the tray of teas on the table. It also takes her a while to place who Camellia is talking about then it clicks. She also blushes a bit in embarrassment.

The cookies would go well with this tea yes thank you Camellia. And yes, Volitare. I should send a message to them to let them know I'm back on station.

No I haven't made any plans yet but .... there's this girl I'm rather fond of that I've seen and I'd like to meet. She's actually Volitare's sponsor but the trouble is, she's not on socials. I was hoping First Choices could give me an opportunity to well .... at least say Hi. Volitare was saying in their last message that .... well ... she seems like she could use a special friend. Hmmmmmmm ...... Excuse me a minute.

She starts sending a text on her comm unit.

Dataphiles

Agender android witchwarper 7 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +11; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 Senses: Low-Light | Speed 40ft

APOL-Apoloiges the minotaur-machine responds to Solis, with visible effort. I was initially constructed to draw attention, and so my voice modulators are unblanced. I will try to adjust them.

As the new raxalite arrives, CYGPO takes their oddly upbeat attitude in, as well as their question. THE-There are many holidays across the entire calendar. they reply confused. The alignment of many in Kuthona is slightly above statistical norms, but not wildly anomalous. Seeing this isn't probably the answer they were hoping for, the construct them adds. Though I suppose if required to select one I would choose Ascension Day. The marker of a man becoming a God is analogous to other beings moving to a greater stage beyond their initially crafted purpose.


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Oh, I don't know why Kuthona has so many Camellia Maybe you should try asking the mystics about that? They should know? My own theory is that the station is a little bit tilted in its orbit, and that means its a bit harder to get light in a this angle, and that makes people longing for some cheer to compensate. But that's just silly me.

The Raxalite is very chatty... Ascension of a god! That sounds very exciting... but you must get many gods over the years? How do you keep track of them?

Oh, and who else do we have here... You're from Apostae, aren't you? they say as they spot Antethriss I hear that place is very cold.

Oh, many androids... did you study at the same academy?, and finally they whisper Your friend... nudging toward Istilnar Did he take a vow of silence?

Anyway, are you up for helping me spread some holiday cheer? What do you say?

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Solis had been been rapidly typing on her comm unit. Several texts had actually been exchanged between her and Volitare in those last few minutes.

Wow. Contact details, Thanks Volitare. Ooooh ... even some social links ... finally ... she says to herself.

She then looks over to Cygpo. Designed to draw attention huh? It's a wonder then your chassis isn't coloured fluro pink and you don't have flashing lights on your shoulders she grins teasingly.

Spreading cheer huh? Sure. Why not? Got nothing else to do - well except for trying to turn all my data into something that makes sense. Yeah ... spreading cheer seems more like fun.

She stares at her comm screen with a slight frown.
We haven't even spoken since our Academy days .... dunno how she's gonna react. We were friends but we drifted apart ... and that was years ago.

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 10/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 80/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 1/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 6/6 2nd 3/3|

The android decides not to answer the question regarding the communal education of the android people. He recognises it as kindly meant but useless chit-chat that does not merit a serious response.

George 09-23 nods back at Camellia eager to embark on this social experiment.

"Spreading holiday cheer sounds like a novel idea. A change of pace from our usual activities and most importantly a way to increase our cultural understanding of some of the people living or visiting this station."

"What exactly do you have in mind?"

Dataphiles

Agender android witchwarper 7 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +11; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 Senses: Low-Light | Speed 40ft
Solis Caelitum wrote:

She then looks over to Cygpo. Designed to draw attention huh? It's a wonder then your chassis isn't coloured fluro pink and you don't have flashing lights on your shoulders she grins teasingly.

It did not match the aesthetic they were going for. CYGPO explains, slightly missing the joke. I was commissioned merely as a cybernetic animation for the promotion of the 'GAUNTLET OF GOLARION' vidgame series. However once sentience was obtained by myself the company had little further use for me. A few stray glowing sparks emanate every so often around the android's horns and left arm, around whihc is is an archaic-looking bracelet with stray and partially glowing glyphs on it. I suspect some of the runes they included in the dungeons from pre-Gap references may have had unexpected interactions with the code.

Turning back to Camellia, Cygpo answers truthfully There are indeed an ever-increasing amount of deities. Both between new ascensions and new discoveries of other species and faiths. Ascension Day is about Cayden Cailean - an especially old one. That helps me recall it.

But spreading holiday cheer? As you noted, there are many many holidays. Which ones are lacking in the appropriate level of enthusiasm?

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

I think they mean that encouraging cheer in entities that lack it.

Gauntlet of Golarion huh? Not sure I've heard of that one. Is it any good?

Dataphiles

Agender android witchwarper 7 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +11; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 Senses: Low-Light | Speed 40ft

...not especially. CYGPO admits. It is quite derivative. though the Harrow card subsystem minigame turned out to be surprisingly more popular than the core mechanics.

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Huh. OK. I'll look it up on the Infosphere later.

She starts poking through the social media links that Volitare sent her to find out as much as she can about this person that they belong to.


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

"Wonderful!” Camellia exclaims as the group agrees to help her, clapping their hands in glee.

“While many people are excited for the upcoming festivities, my friend Kinnik is more anxious than ever! Tonight is his First Choices party, and he’s desperately trying to make everything perfect.”

“First Choices is a shirren-innovated holiday which centers around the exchange of gifts, specifically, creations that epitomize the personal style, favorite hobby, or interests of the giver. Groups of friends, and sometimes even strangers, gather for a show-and-tell of these items. Usually, these gifts are shared in grand choice-buffets accompanied by games to decide who ends up with which gift. Some celebrants also give individually selected gifts to those they care for most.”

“Kinnik’s in need of aid, and I know you’re just the folks to help him!

You can ask any questions you have

Before the group can so much as blink, they've received a message on their comm unit:

---
You’ll find Kinnik at his apartment in the Eye. It’s a lovely neighborhood, so make sure you’re on your best behavior!
Directions are attached. I’ve let him know you’re coming.
Thank you for your help!
---Camellia

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male CN Brakim Death Touched Mystic 5 | SP 45/45 HP 36/36 | RP 7/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60', Per +14, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: Fatigued.

Istilnar glances at his comm unit, but says nothing.

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Maybe I should send her a First Choice gift. I guess it should be something that suits her and her hobbies

Soooooo ... how come Kinnick is so anxious ... and ... you got any idea what to give someone who's into computers and being an aquatic?

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

"Iseph" | non-binary NG Android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1; darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None

Iseph shrugs.

"Two things spring to mind - either a Ruby Sphere Aeon Stone, or a Rakmodi Computer. The former is a magical item that functions as a Tier 3 Computer with an Artificial Personality upgrade. The latter can be fully customised; you could even have it look like a fish, or some kind of other aquatic beast. Both should be completely waterproof."

He then turns his attention back to Camellia.

"Just checking, but Kinnick is a Shirren, right? Due you know what sort of help they want?"

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 10/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 80/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 1/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 6/6 2nd 3/3|

George 09-23 smiles.

"I am sure that Camellia has some idea but perhaps the best way to find out what Kinnik needs is just to ask him?"


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

“I suspect Kinnik’s having trouble selecting a gift for his dearest friend. He’s been so busy preparing for the party, he hasn’t had time. If you want more information, you should ask Kinnik! I’ve sent you his address.”

The address points to a sky-rise apartment a short walk from the Lorespire Complex, in a small park on the border between the Eye and the Ring. It's certainly a very nice location. It's not hard at all to find Kinnick. In fact, he is just returning home, looking as if he's about to collapse from the weight of shopping bags he's carrying and he is struggling to get the foyer door open.

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

"Iseph" | non-binary NG Android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1; darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None

Iseph rushes over, and holds the door open for Kinnick.

"Here. Let me give you a hand. Oh, by the way - Camellia sent us."

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

That does make sense Solis smiles.

On the way to Kinnick's place, she's busy on her device, only looking up when they arrive.

Hi. Yeah. What he said.

Acquisitives

m N drow Operative 3 [Athlete] | sp 0/27 | hp 0/28 | rp 3/5 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | F+1 R+7 W+3 [+2 vs enchantment] | Evasion | Perc +10 | DV60' |
DM Kludde wrote:
Oh, and who else do we have here... You're from Apostae, aren't you? they say as they spot Antethriss I hear that place is very cold.

Yep, and it's better for you not to see our holidays. Especially those of them that are dedicated to the patron demons of Noble Houses. He smiles grimly.

_____

Anthetriss does not comment in any way and does not even greet shiren, only stretches out her hand to help take a couple of bags and smiles slightly showing perfectly bleached teeth.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male CN Brakim Death Touched Mystic 5 | SP 45/45 HP 36/36 | RP 7/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60', Per +14, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: Fatigued.

Istilnar casts psychokinetic hand to help Kinnik carry his bags.

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 10/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 80/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 1/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 6/6 2nd 3/3|

George 09-23 greets Kinnick properly in Shirren before turning back to the common language.

"Indeed we are here to help."


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Oh, I can really that Kinnick responds, sounding tired from a day of job shopping. So nice of you to lend a hand.

[b]Why don't you come on in? He invites the group into his apartment, which is modest, clean, and festively decorated.

I just need to put this away, and I'll be right with you.

Perception DC 16:
The shirren has numerous pictures on the wall, many of which display images of him and his friends. There's one particular shirren frequently depicted smiling alongside Kinnik.

DC 18 Culture:

He also really seems to be into music... there's all kind of memorabilia and poster, including a particularly large of one of the 'Star Sugar Superstar!' stage of Sonic Tumult.

I'm so stressed out! Kinnick says as he comes back, First choices is great, but there is so much to do. I still need to finish all my preparations for the gathering, and I don't have a gift for Celeed!

It doesn't take that much figuring out that Celeed is very special to Kinnick indeed Can you help me get him the perfect gift, while I start doing all these preparations?

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Solis has a look around the apartment.
culture: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

I know the feeling Solis replies. This is my first, First Choices as well, and there's this person I want to get a gift for, mostly to say 'hi' and 'sorry for being a douchbag' Hopefully while we're helping you, I might get an idea too. Should I make you a soothing cup of tea before we set off?

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

"Iseph" | non-binary NG Android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1; darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None

Iseph nods.

"Sure thing. It looks like you have a lot on your plate at this time of year. Did you have anything particular in mind for this 'perfect gift'?"

Acquisitives

m N drow Operative 3 [Athlete] | sp 0/27 | hp 0/28 | rp 3/5 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | F+1 R+7 W+3 [+2 vs enchantment] | Evasion | Perc +10 | DV60' |

How can we help you? What does Celeed like? On my home planet, I would worry about a gift, except in the case of a mother or an older sister, but you don't want to know what gifts the matron prefers... Especially if I add that she prefers it to be hot and still beating. He adds the last words more quietly and smiling slyly.

Second Seekers (Ehu Hadif)

Male CN Brakim Death Touched Mystic 5 | SP 45/45 HP 36/36 | RP 7/7 | EAC 17; KAC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +9 | Init: +3 | Darkvision 60', Per +14, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft. | Active Conditions: Fatigued.

Istilnar's voice emanates from within his hood at a barely audible whisper. "Gifts are mere material trifles that will inevitably degrade and crumble to dust like all living things. If you want to give something that has meaning give your friend power over time and space."

Dataphiles

Agender android witchwarper 7 | SP 42/42 HP 39/39 | RP 9/9 | EAC 22; KAC 22 | Fort +4; Ref +11; Will +3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +0, SM: -2 Senses: Low-Light | Speed 40ft

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Culture: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32

CYGPO crouches slightly as they enter the apartment. Listening to Kinnick’s concern and taking in the room they ask Typically an optimal gift can be calculated based both on the gift’s value and it’s connection with the giver and recipient. Are there memories or activities in which you were together that have a strong connection? Music perhaps?

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 10/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 80/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 1/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 6/6 2nd 3/3|

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Culture: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

"Yes. Cygpo might be on to something here. I can not help but notice all of your music memorabilia especially Star Sugar Superstar. Perhaps a nice poster or the like for your friend?"


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

It's really important... Kinnick says, pointing at a few pictures depicting Kinnik alongside another shirren at a rock concert in a dingy bar Celeed, he is really special to me, and I want to confess my feelings for him this First Choices. I really need the gift to be perfect, because I don't know if Celeed feels the same way. Kinnick twitches nervously.

Oh, yeah, power over time and space, or chocolates, or flowers, or a remote controlled car... but that all feels to generic. Kinnick rants on, and makes a shocked face at... whatever Antethriss is suggesting.

When Cygpo and George suggest a music-themed gift, the shirren seems to recover from his nervous doom-loop. Yes, music is great! We often watch bands together, last time we were at 'Living Hell' (that's a bar) to watch Sonic Tumult. That was the 47th we've seen them. We're their greatest fans!

You know, this one, Celeed’s favorite Sonic Tumult hoodie disappeared from his bag during a late-night trip home after a concert. He was so sad about that. I wish I could just replace the hoodie, but I know that's not possible, because it was a limited run item.

Acquisitives

m N drow Operative 3 [Athlete] | sp 0/27 | hp 0/28 | rp 3/5 | EAC 19 KAC 19 | F+1 R+7 W+3 [+2 vs enchantment] | Evasion | Perc +10 | DV60' |

Culture: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 - any ideas where to get such a hoodie

Okay hackers, try searching the web. Maybe someone is selling an extra personal copy.

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 10/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 80/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 1/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 6/6 2nd 3/3|

"Antethriss, you are on the right track here. I will just write a small program to search the info sphere. It will amalgamate all the data on different sites and perhaps send us off in the right direction. Perhaps the same or similar gear is available."

As we out of combat and this is not a high priority roll I think that taking 10 is appropriate. I can always go back and roll it if the GM thinks otherwise.

24 Computers on a take 10.


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Antethriss is very familiar with the bands who perform at the dive bars in the Spike. These places typically have merch tables setup for their shows, but they wouldn't be there is the bands are not playing. Coming to think of it, the chance that these bars are open now, during
the day, is very low.

There are some secondhand shops in the Freemarkets that carry local band merchandise. One such shop is Second Time Around, a thrift shop in the Freemarkets that occasionally buys out extra merchandise from bands when they update to new items.

George 09-23 actually finds an online catalogue of Second Time Around, and notices they acquired some Sonic Tumult merchandise when the band changed their logo to something more “galactic” 3 months ago.

---

The Freemarkets. Fifty storeys of shopping glory, all under the watchful eye of a looming Abadar statues. AbadarCorp's presence can be felt when browsing through clothing stores, gadget outlets, accesory peddlers and cosmetic establishments. For the hungry, the 50th floor food court offers food for all tastes, and for those looking for a particular shop... the mall directory helps you on your way.

Second Time Around, eaisly located on the directory, is packed with an eclectic collection of products, from apparel and home furnishings to vintage toys and instruments. It looks like the most useful is on display behind the counter.

Hey there! a female ysoki calls out from behind the counter, Welcome to Second Time Around! My name is Dot, what can I help you with? Are you looking for something special?

Second Seekers (Jadnura)

"Iseph" | non-binary NG Android ace pilot operative 1 | SP 6/6 HP 10/10 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +2 | Init: +5 | Perc: +5, SM: -1; darkvision, low-light vision | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: None

Iseph nods politely.

"Yes, we have been sent to try and track down some Sonic Tumult merchandise; your Infosphere page indicated that you had some? Specifically, we are looking for a hoodie."

Dataphiles

Male N Android Technomancer 5 (Themeless) Buffs: Armor seals are active SP 35/35 HP 29/29|Resist Fire, Cold 5|RP 7/7|EAC 16 KAC 17 AC 25|Fort +3* (Yeti Boon) Ref +4 Will +6 (+2 vs Mind-Affecting,Disease,Poison,Sleep)|Init: +7 |Perc: +10 SM:+0 darkvision,low-light vision|Speed 40 feet|Endure Elements(-50 F to 170F)
Resources:
Jump Jets (uses) 10/10| Laser Pistol 20/20|Battery 80/80|Aeon Stone 1/1|Breath Weapon 1/1|Spell Cache (Tatoo) 1/1 |Energize Spell 1/1| Spells (Technomancer) 1st 6/6 2nd 3/3|

George 09-23 is fine to kick back for now and blend into the background and let Iseph take the lead socially. He checks out the display behind the counter. Perhaps the merchandise in question is on display.

20 Perception on a take 10.

I promise you that this is not a double post from the same character. This is what you get from having so many androids in your party. ;)

Wayfinders

Female Human Solarian - 5 | SP 35/35, HP 39/39, RP 6/6 | EAC 16, KAC 16 | F+4, R+3, W+4 | Perc +9 | Init +0 | WF | 124312-706

Solis also looks around the shelves and picks up a mermaid plushie.

Strange. This sort of looks like her. Maybe it can be transformed into a 'programmer's plushy' I think she'd like that.

She takes it to the counter to pay just in time to hear Iseph talking to Dot.

Yes ... and it's the old style one, with the original band stamp.

I really much catch up on my bands as she picks up a Sonic Turmult disc.

How much for these please?


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

That's music, right? Dot says. I've got a lot of that here, and she guides the group to a rack of clothing and memorabilia. There's an Abyss-bobble-head, a strawberry machine cake, a Naughti Whiska-branded sabotage kit, a stack of limited-edition AbadarCorp trainee photocards (who collects these things anyway?), and a hoodie of Top Down and the Strange Quarks that says 'I fought the big cheese out of office'

No sonic tumult, though. Denied.


| AbadarCorp Entertainment Official GM | How is my flying? | DICEBOT LOVES YOU |Starship combat cheat sheet | STEAL THIS TEMPLATE | Traveling until Jan 3, reduced posting frequency expected

Sonic Tumult, though... Dot takes a long think. I think I have some of that, yes, but I'd have to check my records. I'm sorry, it's just so busy right now, I'd have to wait until tonight when I close, because otherwise I can't get these chores done. Unless you help me out of course. There's some high shelves there that are hard to reach for me, and I need some new racks assembled. If you can take care of that for me, I can look for your merchandise, ok?


Every PC can attempt each check once:
- Cleaning the top shelves requires Acrobatics, Athletics, or Sleight of Hand
- Assembling the racks units requires Athletics or Engineering

1 to 50 of 206 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS] 4-12 A Festive Operation All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.