GM ShadowLord's Gatewalkers

Game Master The Rising Phoenix

Map
Edra - Defending
Osiris - Navigating
Jank -
Enyo - Investigating
Leiko -Scouting


101 to 150 of 265 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

TG1 | GW | FF | RH

Lemma nods thoughtfully as Edra explains their status as Gatewalkers and their connection to the Missing Moment. "Gatewalkers, you say? That does change the context. Your experience with the Missing Moment ties you to Bolan in ways others can't claim. Your pursuit of answers is something I can respect. Working together seems a prudent approach. However, be aware that Bolan is not the man he once was. Whatever happened during that Missing Moment has changed him, deeply and perhaps irrevocably. If you seek answers from him, be prepared for the unexpected."

Observing the shift in Jank's demeanor from unease to determination, Lemma seems to appreciate his honesty and resolve. "Your fear is understandable, but so is your determination. The mystery of the Missing Moment is indeed a puzzle that needs solving, and Bolan is a key piece. You're right in saying that the Oakstewards, my fellow guardians, are protective of certain secrets. It's our duty to safeguard this land and its mysteries. But in this case, your cause aligns with ours. I will help you find Bolan and unravel the truths behind these events. Just be cautious — Bolan's motivations are deeply rooted in a personal vendetta against civilization itself."


TG1 | GW | FF | RH

As the party stands before Lemma Feldthorn, the halfling druid looks upon them with a mix of seriousness and contemplation. She seems convinced by your intentions and continues to speak; her voice calm yet carrying an undercurrent of concern.

"Let me be frank with you," Lemma starts, her eyes scanning the group. "The Oakstewards, including myself, are stretched thin. The disappearance of the obnubilate curse has presented us with a significant ethical dilemma. If the curse were to return, allowing elves into our lands could spell disaster. And there's more at stake than our internal affairs; the fragile peace with Kyonin is also on the line."

She pauses momentarily, her gaze drifting as if contemplating the weight of her following words. "Moreover, the increased attacks by gorgas have put a further strain on our resources. Amidst all this, Bolan's actions are a distraction we cannot afford."

Lemma's expression hardens slightly as she delves into Bolan's transgressions. "Bolan has committed crimes beyond mere rebellion. Before he left, he stole a crucial artifact - the Shadewither Key. It's a jade amulet shaped like a leaf and serves as the gate key for the real Seventh Arch. There are rumors, troubling ones, that he intends to use this key in an evil ritual soon at the arches."

Shifting her gaze back to the party, Lemma’s tone becomes more pragmatic. "This is where our interests align. I can provide you with the location of the real Seven Arches, but I need your help in return. I'll give you a barkwrit – it's a pass that will grant you free access throughout Sevenarches, including the Wilewood and the Aiudara. What I ask of you is to disrupt Bolan’s planned ritual, reclaim the Shadewither Key, and capture Bolan. He must answer for his crimes."


Female Half Elf | Gunslinger 1 (Vanguard) | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 | F +7; R +8; W +4| Per: 6 | Init: 6 ( +1AC until first turn)

If the curse were to return, any elves entering seven arches would be afflicted, and you are worried about them moving back into your lands?
Selfish...

Leiko listened intently to Lemma's words, her expression reflecting the weight of the situation. The mention of elves returning to the land as a potential disaster struck a chord with her, and she couldn't help but feel a pang of concern. The delicate balance between their actions and the potential consequences weighed heavily on her mind. What she wants to say, and what she actually says, are two different things.

She took a moment to absorb the gravity of the situation before responding, "I understand the risks involved in allowing elves back into your land, Lemma. It's a precarious situation, and I can appreciate the concerns of the Oakstewards and the potential impact on the peace with Kyonin."

But then, as Lemma continued to explain the importance of the Shadewither Key and its connection to the real Seventh Arch, as well as the authority of the barkwrit, Leiko's eyes lit up with excitement. The prospect of full access to Sevenarches, the heart of their mission, was tantalizing. Her rugged side took over as she spoke, her voice filled with eager anticipation.

"You're offering us free access to Sevenarches, the Wilewood, and the Aiudara?" Leiko exclaimed, her voice tinged with enthusiasm. "That's more than we could've hoped for! If this key leads us to the truth behind the Missing Moment, we're on board. We'll track down Bolan, disrupt his ritual, and bring him to justice. You have our word."


TG1 | GW | FF | RH

With the urgency of Bolan's impending ritual pressing upon them, the party quickly realizes that time is a critical factor. Lemma, understanding the gravity of the situation, offers the party horses to expedite their journey south to the Wilewood, a journey that would otherwise take two days to cover the 50-mile distance.

The Wilewood, known as the largest forest in Sevenarches, presents a wild and enchanting challenge. It is a realm where fey creatures and wild magic are abundant, and rumors suggest that as many as one in every ten animals in this forest possesses magical sentience. The dense and tangled woods offer no more than narrow footpaths, challenging any who dare to traverse its depths. The sense of being watched is palpable, with the weight of countless unseen eyes upon anyone passing through.

Armed with Lemma’s precise directions and the invaluable barkwrit, which allows them unrestricted access through Sevenarches, the party can navigate through the forest to their destination: the Seven Arches.

It's twilight now, and the forest suddenly opens into a clearing roughly four hundred feet across, its long grasses blowing in the wind across a gently rolling landscape. A vast stone arch rises fifty feet into the sky in the clearing's center. Smaller arches cluster around the massive gate. The party can see activity around the arches from the clearing's perimeter, but the sound seems muffled, and the light here is strangely dimmer than it should be. The moonlight seems somehow attenuated.

Make sure to respond to my request in Discord for your exploration activity. I want them all notated before we continue.


Male Gnome Thaumaturge 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 | F+7 R+4 W+5 | Percep +5 | Esoteric Lore, Deception, Diplo, Intimidation +6 | Athletics +5 ◈

Before they left, Onyinyo asked to clarify one point, "If we're unable to capture Bolan peacefully, what is more important, that he be stopped? Or that he left alive to face the consequences?"


TG1 | GW | FF | RH

"I would prefer to have him alive. If you take him down in combat, I assume you can restore him with magic so that he remains alive to pay for his crimes. You should not set out to kill him if that is what you are asking."


Male Human Inventor 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+7 | Perception: +5

”Thanks for the info, we’ll make good use of it, don’t worry.”

“Let’s go guys, I don’t want to arrive after Bolan performs his ritual.”

Osiris takes the lead as the group sets off.


Kineticist 1| HP 5/21 | AC 17 | F+9 R+7 W+4 | Percep +4 | Acro +5, Med/Nat +4

Edra gives a silent nod of gratitude to Lemma then follows Osiris on his way out. Edra stays in the back of the group during their expedition, defending from any attackers that may try to sneak up on them from behind. But during their expedition his mind also wanders… It seems almost too good to be true… all I had to say is that we are Gatewalkers and she gave us everything we needed? She didn’t even try to clarify or test us, she just gave it to us without a second thought. Maybe I’m growing too untrusting... yes that’s it I need to think with a more open mind. Edra messes around during most of the journey, frequently creating and destroying water and fire just for the fun of it. The demons I saw that night still haunt me… every waking moment. My wife and Daughter suffered from the consequences of my greed… my lust for revenge upon those who’ve wronged me. I can’t get back what was taken from me that fateful night, but I can make sure it never happens to anyone ever again.


TG1 | GW | FF | RH

As the party cautiously navigates the outskirts of the Seven Arches, the air is thick with the tension of impending conflict. The dense forest gives way to a clearing with waist-high grass, which appears deceptively tranquil. Unbeknownst to the party, danger lurks within this serene setting.

Suddenly, without warning, the quiet of the clearing is shattered. Two formidable creatures burst forth from the tall grass in a ferocious ambush. These creatures are fearsome to behold. Their bodies, adapted to stealth, had been perfectly concealed in the grass, benefiting from the natural cover which aided their surprise attack.

They move with a predatory grace, their muscles tensing and releasing in powerful bursts as they spring towards the party. Their sudden appearance is startling, and their aggressive posture leaves no doubt about their intent. The speed and coordination of their attack suggest they are experienced hunters, used to working in tandem to overwhelm their prey.

Leiko and Edra act before the enemies.

GM:

Edra: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Osiris: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Leiko: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Jank: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Enyo: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Enemies: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Female Half Elf | Gunslinger 1 (Vanguard) | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 | F +7; R +8; W +4| Per: 6 | Init: 6 ( +1AC until first turn)

Leiko wastes no time running into the action to start off the fight. If there was ever any doubt about our position in the forest, it is pretty clear now as Leiko's mithral tree lets out a rebounding boom, her shot lined up at the northern most foe.

Atk Top: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
dmg P: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

"Eyes open!" she shouts to her team, well after she fires her shot, assuring everyone is aware and looking at the oncoming foe.

She quickly reloads her rifle and then steps up into a forward position.

Atk, Reload, Stride


Kineticist 1| HP 5/21 | AC 17 | F+9 R+7 W+4 | Percep +4 | Acro +5, Med/Nat +4

Edra quickly snaps out of his day dreams has hears Leiko cry out for her team. Edra then runs 25 feet to get within range and smirks raising his right hand which is then consumed by a bright orange flame. You die here beast, a shame you didnt know better. The flame shoots out of Edra's hand flying towards the same beast Leiko attacked.

Atk Top: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
dmg fire: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Stride, 2 Action Atk


TG1 | GW | FF | RH

Lieko's gun roars, her bullet finding its mark on the intended target. Edra, meanwhile, launches a blaze of orange fire towards another beast. However, this creature ducks swiftly, evading the fiery onslaught.

Simultaneously, the creature that Lieko shot at turns its attention to the shadow cast beside her. With a deft manipulation of light and darkness, it merges into her shadow, using it as a portal to teleport across the battlefield. In a similar fashion, Edra's opponent employs the same shadow-leaping tactic, materializing beside him in an instant. Both creatures then lunge at Lieko and Edra, attempting to sink their teeth into them, but their attacks fall short, missing their targets.

Party up!

GM:

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Kineticist 1| HP 5/21 | AC 17 | F+9 R+7 W+4 | Percep +4 | Acro +5, Med/Nat +4

Edra reacts quickly ducking away from the creature. What?! What kind of monster is this? Shadow teleportation... I'll keep that noted. As Edra ducks away he opens his water gate and create 2 small swirling tide pools in his hands, then faces them outwards towards both of the creatures. Before he blasts them he yells out "DARBY, JANK, ANY IDEA WHAT THESE THINGS ARE??

Dc 17 Dexterity save from both of the shadow monsters, on critical fail they are pushed 5 feet away from me

dmg Bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Human | Alchemist 1 (Toxicologist) | 17/17 hp | 14 AC |F/R/W:6/5/6 | P: 6 | Crafting +7 | Medicine +7 | Arcana +7

Hearing the commotion, jank quickly reveals himself and prepares for battle. ”Cant say that I know edra! “ Jank returns the elemental warriors question. Racking his brain, Jank tries to find any explanation for what the creatures are. Trying to recall his study as a chemist. All this time I spent with Dr. Frinehardt, I must know something about these beasts! Jank sifts through his mind, trying to pick out any types of knowledge might be useful.

genealogy lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

While he thinks, he sifts through his bag, pulling out a blow gun preparing poisonous darts by mixing various chemicals from a variety of vials glasses and beakers. Creating a poisonous concoction of deadly spear frog poison.

Recall Knowledge, Craft toxin, apply toxin.


Male Human Inventor 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+7 | Perception: +5

Osiris feels his nerves boil as Leiko’s weapon fires. He watches his colleagues launch into battle and runs to catch up with them.
”She’s quick to shoot-”
“After dealing with all that travel I can’t blame them.”

”They can teleport?!”

In response to Edra, Osiris racks his mind for a memory of shadows and teleportation.

Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Osiris shouts out whatever he could recall and draws his sword to fight. He slashes at the monster that attacked Edra.

Attack Bottom: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Damage P: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

”What a terrifying creature.”

Stride, recall knowledge, attack


Female Half Elf | Gunslinger 1 (Vanguard) | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 | F +7; R +8; W +4| Per: 6 | Init: 6 ( +1AC until first turn)

Finally some backup... Leiko's eyes remain focused on the target now directly in front of her.

"That's a neat trick. How about mine"

With no regard for her own well being, she takes aim at the target directly in front of her and lets out another echoing boom.

reactions if applicable
atk top: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
dmg p: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Using her large heavy weapon, she then digs down her heals and shoves the creature back away while reloading her mt in one swift motion.

clear a path:

This is a single action reload ability special to gunslingers way of the vanguard.

You push outward with your weapon to clear some space before quickly reloading a fresh round. You make an Athletics check to Shove an opponent within your reach using your weapon, then Interact to reload. For this Shove, you don’t need a free hand, and you add the weapon’s item bonus on attack rolls (if any) to the Athletics check. If your last action was a ranged Strike with the weapon, use the same multiple attack penalty as that Strike for the Shove; the Shove still counts toward your multiple attack penalty on further attacks as normal.

shove athletics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

She finally takes a defensive position ready for the next return strike

parry +1 ac

Atk, Clear a Path, Parry


Male Gnome Thaumaturge 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 | F+7 R+4 W+5 | Percep +5 | Esoteric Lore, Deception, Diplo, Intimidation +6 | Athletics +5 ◈

Onyinyo hears Edra call out questions about what the creatures are and focuses on the one south of them. It looks like it hates beards so he fluffs his as he strides forward and attacks with his earthbreaker.

Exploit Vulnerability: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Also have Dubious Knowledge
Earthbreaker: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Attack is magical
Blud Dmg: 1d6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9 Personal Antithesis


TG1 | GW | FF | RH

Responding to Edra's situation, Osiris tries to recall any relevant memories of shadows and teleportation but comes up empty. He swings at the creature attacking Edra, but his timing is off; the creature's swift movements cause his attack to miss.

While Jank mixes his concoction, he struggles to recall anything valuable about these creatures either.

With a sharp focus, Leiko aims at the creature nearest to her. The sound of her gun rings out with a resounding boom as she successfully hits her target. She uses her strength to push the creature back in a fluid motion, simultaneously reloading her weapon with practiced ease. She then assumes a defensive stance, prepared for any counterattack.

Enyo, misjudging the creatures' tendencies, fluffs up his beard confidently as he moves to attack with his earthbreaker. His attempt, however, is unsuccessful, and to his surprise, he realizes that the creatures are drawn to beards. The creature Leiko pushed away quickly circles back, positioning itself behind Enyo for a flanking attack while its companion engages from the front. Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

In a sudden and painful moment, Enyo feels a sharp bite on his rear from one creature, and as he turns in shock, the other sinks its teeth into his neck, aiming for his beard in a vicious strike. Crit Damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (3, 1) + 8 = 12

Party up!

GM:

Dc17: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Attack Enyo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Attack Enyo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Attack Enyo: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Attack Enyo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Attack Enyo: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
3
6


Male Gnome Thaumaturge 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 | F+7 R+4 W+5 | Percep +5 | Esoteric Lore, Deception, Diplo, Intimidation +6 | Athletics +5 ◈

Onyiyo is caught off guard by the teleporting but more prepared for the attack. He flickers and another Onyiyo appears beside him, leering at the creature.

DC 11 flat check
Mirror's Trickery


Kineticist 1| HP 5/21 | AC 17 | F+9 R+7 W+4 | Percep +4 | Acro +5, Med/Nat +4

Edra smirks at the effectiveness of his last attack, Oh man I have been wanting to try that for a while! Then he snaps back into reality and slams his foot into the ground and lets out a quick war cry before an aura of flame and water surround him.10 foot radius, it does no damage dont worry guys! Edra then forms a arrow made of flame above his right shoulder and glares at the creature in front of him. Edra flings the arrow at the creature in between him and Osiris with the wave of a hand. Then curves it towards the other creature hoping to deal some damage to it as well.

Spoiler:
You tap into your kinetic gate to make elements flow around you. Your kinetic aura activates, and as a part of this action, you can use a 1-action Elemental Blast or a 1-action stance impulse. Your kinetic aura is a 10-foot emanation where pieces of your kinetic element (or all your kinetic elements, if you can channel more than one) flow around you. The kinetic aura can’t damage anything or affect the environment around you unless another ability allows it to. Channel Elements has the traits of all your kinetic elements.
Your kinetic aura automatically deactivates if you’re knocked out, you use an impulse with the overflow trait, or you Dismiss the aura. Though you can’t use new impulses while your kinetic aura is deactivated, ones you already used remain, and you can still Sustain any that can be sustained. Stance impulses are linked to your kinetic aura and end when the aura deactivates.

Spoiler:
A Tiny shape of flame appears, taking a form of your choice—such as a bird, an arrow, or a simple sphere. It Flies from you up to 30 feet in a path you choose. Each creature it passes through takes 1d6 fire damage with a basic Reflex save against your class DC. A creature attempts only one save, even if the flame passes through it multiple times.

I need 1 dc 17 dex save from both creatures

first fire hit: 1d6 ⇒ 3

second fire hit: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Kinetic aura, Flying flame


Female Half Elf | Gunslinger 1 (Vanguard) | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 | F +7; R +8; W +4| Per: 6 | Init: 6 ( +1AC until first turn)

Leiko looks around quickly as the creature she was engaged in takes off after Enyo instead. "Get back here!" She shouts aggressively, staying focused on her target. Seeing the creature swipe agressively at Enyo brings great concern to Leiko. What good am I if they ignore me!

She rushes, fires, then attempts to shove the creature off Enyo, reloading her weapon, and striding in between while shouting "Get off him!"

atk top right: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Clear a path
Athletics Shove: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Stride, Atk, Clear a Path


TG1 | GW | FF | RH

DC11Flat: 1d20 ⇒ 10 The first attack misses.

Jank/Osiris are up.

GM:

DC17 R: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Pass.
DC17 R: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Fail.
14
7


Male Human Inventor 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+7 | Perception: +5

Osiris feels slightly embarrassed for not knowing anything about the creatures, but his resolve is still strong.
He sidesteps to flank the bottom monster with Enyo and attacks.

Attack bottom: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Damage P: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

As he slashes at the monster, he also causes his sword to explode.

Damage F: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

dc 17 reflex, 5ft radius| Stride, attack, explode


Male Human | Alchemist 1 (Toxicologist) | 17/17 hp | 14 AC |F/R/W:6/5/6 | P: 6 | Crafting +7 | Medicine +7 | Arcana +7

Jank, now having his poison darts ready, begins to load his blowgun. Firing at the creature that Leiko had just shoved, taking aim.

ranged attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
dart damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
spear frog poison: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Even if the attack does no damage, as long as the dart is injected(If the attack hits) the poison effect is still administered.

Jank yells out; “ENYO, ARE YOU ALRIGHT!?” Before beckoning him to get away from the creature. Just in case… I need to find out if they administered any deadly poisons or such. They are wild animals after all. Then pulling out more darts and loading his blow gun back up.

ranged attack: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
dart damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
poison damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

After firing a second shot, Jank moves closer to Leikos hind side, using her as cover and to get closer to Enyo.

[ooc] Ranged Attack, Ranged attack, move


TG1 | GW | FF | RH

Leiko attack hits once again, her attacks starting to whittle down the creatures defenses.

Osiris and Jank can't seem to get a good shot on their targets; both are missing. Osiris's sword explosion does strike the creature, however, even if the fast-moving nocturnal hunter avoids the bulk of it.

The one still next to Enyo snaps at him twice, ripping away chunks of his flesh each time. Damage Enyo: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Damage Enyo: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8. The damage is too much, and the gnome can't manage to stay conscious. That should send him down to the ground, dying.

Turning to Leiko, the other creature snaps at her twice but only manages to bite her once. Damage Leiko: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7. Afterward, it turns and bites at her shadow, attempting to devour portions of it! DC17 Fort and consult spoiler.

Leiko - Results:

Success The target takes no damage.
Failure The target takes 1d4+4 piercing damage, and the creature gains 2 temporary Hit Points for 1 minute.
Critical Failure The target takes 2d4+8 piercing damage and the creature gains four temporary Hit Points for 1 minute.

Party up!

GM:

1d20 ⇒ 16

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 ⇒ 6


Male Gnome Thaumaturge 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 | F+7 R+4 W+5 | Percep +5 | Esoteric Lore, Deception, Diplo, Intimidation +6 | Athletics +5 ◈

Now that he's close up, Onyinyo takes a better look at the creatures. He swings at the one closest and then points his mirror toward the tree behind him - appearing there as well.

Exploit Vulnerability: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 for P Dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Mirror Reflection to move

Reaction: Eerie Flicker


TG1 | GW | FF | RH

Enyo's attack misses and the creatures find him through his concealment.
Both of the creature's bites rip apart Enyo and he collapses to the ground. Dying 1.


Kineticist 1| HP 5/21 | AC 17 | F+9 R+7 W+4 | Percep +4 | Acro +5, Med/Nat +4

Edra angered by what he just saw happen to his companion decided he needed to change up his tactics. Edra runs up to the creature that felled Enyo and as he does so he sticks his hands into the water swirling around him and freezes it to his hands creating to over sized icy gauntlets. Edra lets out another way cry, even more enraged than before as he swings at the beast with his frozen gauntlets.

1st atk left: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

2nd atk left: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

1st atk cold dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

2nd atk cold dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Stride, 1 Action elemental blast, 1 Action elemental blast


Male Gnome Thaumaturge 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 | F+7 R+4 W+5 | Percep +5 | Esoteric Lore, Deception, Diplo, Intimidation +6 | Athletics +5 ◈

Recovery Check DC 11: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Dying 2


Male Human Inventor 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+7 | Perception: +5

”Damn!”
Osiris quickly sends another barrage of attacks at the monster. Stabbing with his sword and exploding it in the same movement.

Attack Top: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Damage P: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Attack Top: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Damage P: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Damage F: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8

17 reflex dc| attack x 2, explode


Female Half Elf | Gunslinger 1 (Vanguard) | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 | F +7; R +8; W +4| Per: 6 | Init: 6 ( +1AC until first turn)

fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Leiko wines as the creature takes a bite out of her mid side, but she stiffens her core. She feels the creatures attempt to strike her through her shadow, but is able to shrug it odd. "full of more surprises. It's time to end this"

She takes aim again at the creature before her, letting her rifle crack with a roaring boom. Again she shoves the creature back while reloading and then takes a defensive stance.

atk right: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
dmg: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

athletics shove: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

atk, clear a path, parry

hp: 11/18


Male Human | Alchemist 1 (Toxicologist) | 17/17 hp | 14 AC |F/R/W:6/5/6 | P: 6 | Crafting +7 | Medicine +7 | Arcana +7

CRAP! ENYOS GONE DOWN! Seeing as how I’ve been utterly useless so far, this is something I CAN DO! A heroic stance is taken up by Jank, as he dashes through the battle field, cork in his mouth, mixing ingredients into a glass. ”OPEN UP ENYO, I can’t let you die!” Jank takes the newly made elixer of life, glistening red in his vial, and grabbing hold of Enyo’s jaw. Creating an opening in the small gnomes mouth and Pouring the liquid into it. Praying it works as it has all those times hes spent testing it on others.

healing: 1d6 ⇒ 5
He will also have a +1 saving boost to all diseases for the next ten minutes, not that I think it’ll matter but just in case

Move, Create Potion, feed enyo


TG1 | GW | FF | RH

Osiris, despite his efforts, struggles to land a hit on the creatures. Meanwhile, Jank quickly administers a healing potion to Enyo, reviving him from the brink of unconsciousness. Enyo's eyes flicker open, a clear sign of returning to the fray.

Leiko, showcasing her combat skills, remains unfazed by the shadowy assault from the creatures. She accurately strikes her target on the right and, with a forceful push, repels it once more. Her movements are both precise and effective.

Edra, after a missed initial attempt, finds success with his second strike. The frozen gauntlets he wields deliver a solid hit, demonstrating his resilience and adaptability in combat.

One of the creatures, fixated on Leiko, lunges towards her with a ferocious charge, attempting to bite her twice. Leiko skillfully dodges one attack, but the creature manages to catch her in its grasp during the second attempt. Leiko Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Seizing an opportunity, the other creature swiftly maneuvers past Osiris and Edra. It attempts to bite each of them in rapid succession, but its attacks miss their marks, failing to connect with either of them. The battle continues with each side vying for the upper hand in this intense, unpredictable skirmish.

Enyo is up, Wounded 2. Both creatures hurt, but the one on the right is really hurt. Party up!

GM:

21
14
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Gnome Thaumaturge 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 | F+7 R+4 W+5 | Percep +5 | Esoteric Lore, Deception, Diplo, Intimidation +6 | Athletics +5 ◈

Enyo jerks up as adrenaline courses through him. He frantically ◈ reaches for his mirror before ◈ grabbing his sword. Unable to remember which of the creatures hit him the hardest, he looks toward the one that seems better off and tries to find something, anything, that will help them take it down.

Exploit Vulnerability: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Left one
HP 5/18 | AC 15 | Sitting/Prone | Wounded 1


Female Half Elf | Gunslinger 1 (Vanguard) | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 | F +7; R +8; W +4| Per: 6 | Init: 6 ( +1AC until first turn)

Leiko shrieks out again as the creature takes another chomp. Getting frustrated she shouts "Focus on one together! Come on!"

She grips up again on her weapon, attempting to finish what she has started, again taking aim at the creature in front of her. She repeats her tried and true rhythm of fire, shove, reload and parry, though her arms are growing weak from her wounds, and her attempt to shove falls flat.

Attack: MT Ranged: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Damage P: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 fatal: 2d10 + 2 + 1d10 ⇒ (9, 5) + 2 + (8) = 24
Shove: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Clear A Path
Parry

5/18 hp


Kineticist 1| HP 5/21 | AC 17 | F+9 R+7 W+4 | Percep +4 | Acro +5, Med/Nat +4

Edra angered by the creature running away from him, hears Leiko yell out for assistance. He shoots a menacing look at his former target, I'll be back for you soon. Then Edra makes a dash over to the creature that Leiko is attacking.

Attack: Melee Blast: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 Damage Cold: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4Attack: Melee Blast: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Damage Cold: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Stride, Melee Elemental Blast, Melee Elemental Blast


TG1 | GW | FF | RH

Leiko takes another shot, her aim accurate and deadly. The bullet pierces the creature with such force that it spirals down to the ground, defeated.

Meanwhile, Edra, with a surge of power, drives his frozen gauntlet straight through the chest of the other creature. The impact is so intense that when he withdraws his hand, the creature falls to the ground, devoid of life.

Out of combat.


Kineticist 1| HP 5/21 | AC 17 | F+9 R+7 W+4 | Percep +4 | Acro +5, Med/Nat +4

Edra releases his aura as the gauntlets melt off of his hands into a bloody ball puddle beneath his feet as the blood of the beast diffuses through it. He quickly lights his hand ablaze to remove any excess blood or water then puts out the fire and whipped his brow. He then turns to Osiris and begins to speak, Now what in the world were those things? Bug eyes on a dog? Gross. Then his attention quickly turns towards Enyo who is still injured. Edra rushes over him throwing a splash of healing water on him. Are you alright friend? Looks like you took quite the hit back there.

Oceans Balm, Heal: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Spoiler:
A blessing of the living sea salves wounds and douses flames. Touch a willing living creature. It regains 1d8 Hit Points and gains resistance 2 to fire for 1 minute. If it has persistent fire damage, it can attempt a flat check to remove it with especially appropriate help. The target is temporarily immune to healing from Ocean’s Balm for 10 minutes.


Male Gnome Thaumaturge 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 | F+7 R+4 W+5 | Percep +5 | Esoteric Lore, Deception, Diplo, Intimidation +6 | Athletics +5 ◈

I'm at 11/18. If anyone has Treat Wounds, I should be able to get that topped off and get rid of Wounded.

Onyinyo stands up with Edra's help, "Thanks! I was racking my brain to try and recall anything about these ... things but I don't even know what they're called. Not a fan, that's for sure!" He moves over to kneel next to one, "maybe now that they've stopped apparating around the forest, I can figure that out at least.
Recall Knowledge: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 With Dubious Knowledge finally


Male Gnome Thaumaturge 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 | F+7 R+4 W+5 | Percep +5 | Esoteric Lore, Deception, Diplo, Intimidation +6 | Athletics +5 ◈

He also takes a moment to scan the area in case there's anyone or anything else laying in wait. Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Male Human | Alchemist 1 (Toxicologist) | 17/17 hp | 14 AC |F/R/W:6/5/6 | P: 6 | Crafting +7 | Medicine +7 | Arcana +7

Jank, watching Enyo recover from his injuries with due help from the elixir given to him by Jank, reapproaches Enyo. Now with the intent of healing him. "Great work guys, but what's more important now is that we get everyone fixed up. I can make 2-3 more elixirs with my current materials right now. And I can use my skills to patch the remaining wounds up." He rummages around in his bag, pulling out the last bits of leaves and rare chemical looking substances out in glasses. Creating two different elixirs of life. He shouts "Leiko!" to get her attention, before jogging over and which he is handing them over to her, seeing the blood flowing down her skin. After handing over the Elixirs, he returns to Enyo, and begins to treat his wounds. "Alright Enyo, if you wouldn't mind, let's get you fixed up!" He begins to tend to Enyo.

medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

heal: 4d8 ⇒ (1, 4, 2, 6) = 13

The dc for my medicine check is a 15, Idk if I had to tell you or not! Since I crit succeeded my medicine, the heals is 4d8. Also, Leiko, the elixirs each heal for 1d6 and you have two of them. I can't craft anymore for the rest of the day.

Having spent 10 minutes treating Enyo, he stands. "That should do it but take it easy for a while." Walking over to the body of the creatures and tries one more time to discern what they are, now being able to get a closer look at them. Just what ARE you...

genealogy lore: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Craft, Medicine, Genealogy check.


Male Human Inventor 1 | HP: 15 | AC: 15 | F:+4 R:+5 W:+7 | Perception: +5

Osiris sheaths his sword and walks to the group.
”I was pretty useless in that fight; this doesn’t feel great, maybe I should have used my new ability.”

”Were you warriors before the missing moment? That was impressive.”

“Enyo, are you okay? Are we ready to continue our journey?”
Osiris readjusts his clothing before turning back down the path.


Female Half Elf | Gunslinger 1 (Vanguard) | HP: 18/18 | AC: 18 | F +7; R +8; W +4| Per: 6 | Init: 6 ( +1AC until first turn)

Leiko kneels down after the fight, dropping her weapon to her side as blood gushes from her wounds. "well, that's not how I thought today was going to go." She adjusts herself to regain her composure as Jank rushes up with some brew. "ahh liquid love. My favorite". She tears the tops off and chugs them down, one right after the other.
heal: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

She is so weary from her injuries that half of the potion spills all over instead of getting in her mouth. "Well how clumsy of me. I don't suppose you have anymore do you? If not we better be on our way, not sure how many more of those there are."

Looking yo Osiris, she responds "Well I suppose we were always here, but we're never needed before. I wonder what tomorrow will bring our way."

She picks herself, and her mitral tree back to her feet, and tends to the others, attempting to keep them motivated on our journey.

7/18 hp


TG1 | GW | FF | RH

Jank and Enyo simultaneously reach the realization that the creatures they have just encountered are Temagyrs. Known as nocturnal hunters, these predators excel in using the cover of darkness to stalk their prey. With their ability to blend into and move between shadows, Temagyrs are adept at launching surprise attacks, using ambush tactics to their advantage.

While the party examines the defeated Temagyrs, the distinct sounds of another skirmish catch their attention. Not far off, they observe a Mwangi man engaged in a fierce battle with another Temagyr. His movements are precise and calculated, and as he successfully defeats the creature, it becomes evident to the party that he, too, must be a Gatewalker. His method of handling the Temagyr and the determination in his actions suggest a man on a mission, driven by a purposeful quest, possibly in search of something or someone important. As he approaches the party, this sense of deliberate intent is unmistakable.

Thunder Rolling can make his entrance.


Male Gnome Thaumaturge 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 | F+7 R+4 W+5 | Percep +5 | Esoteric Lore, Deception, Diplo, Intimidation +6 | Athletics +5 ◈

Wary, Onyinyo steps in front of Leiko and nods to Jank, "Can you treat her wounds real quick? I'll give you as much time as I can if that guy is hostile."


Kineticist 1| HP 5/21 | AC 17 | F+9 R+7 W+4 | Percep +4 | Acro +5, Med/Nat +4

Edra overhears Enyo and walks next to him releasing his kinetic aura. I’ll accompany you Enyo, can’t have you going in all by yourself.


Male Male Humanan (Mwangi) Reedeemer 1 | 20 HP| 18 AC | F/R/W 7/5/6 | Perc +4 | Init +6

The tall, dark-skinned mwangi slings a large 1-handed club studded with obsidian shards over one shoulder as he looked to the newcomers. He looks like a cross between a gladiator and an animal wrangler, and a big one at that. Standing closer to seven feet than six, his chocolate skin was completely hairless, excepting only eyelashes. The crocodile hide vest he wore over linen pants was his only concession to decency, and his smile was as inviting as an open doorway.

"Hello, friends. My name is Mwalaiuliopalangalawinusawi, which loosely translated into common is "Thunder across the plains came rolling", though your language is such a wretched thing to speak. No poetry at all to it, just random chicken sounds. Feel free to call me Thunder Rolling, as most highlanders do. It seems we travel along similar courses. Shall we travel together a while? If you have injured among you, I can see to their hurts."


Kineticist 1| HP 5/21 | AC 17 | F+9 R+7 W+4 | Percep +4 | Acro +5, Med/Nat +4

Edra walks up to the towering man, standing roughly a full foot talller than himself. You seem like quite the warrior, we would be honored to have you join our ranks! But first I believe an introduction of my own is due. I am Edra Vatan, a sarkorian kineticist in tune with the elemental planes of water and fire. Edra makes a quick display of his powers creating a small flame on the tip of his pointer finger and a sphere of water on the tip of the other. The rest of my companions consist of the legendary gunslinger Leiko Littner, the great inventor Osiris Darby, the never unprepared alchemist Jank Boteko and the ever inquiring Thaumaturge Enyo. Although I’m sure they can introduce themselves better than I can manage. But besides that, we could definitely use any help we are offered, it would be great to have you on the team. Edra shoots out his right hand open palmed offering up a handshake.


Male Gnome Thaumaturge 1 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 | F+7 R+4 W+5 | Percep +5 | Esoteric Lore, Deception, Diplo, Intimidation +6 | Athletics +5 ◈

Onyinyo remains wary, "What he said. How did you find yourself here? Did Lemma send you to follow us?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Male Humanan (Mwangi) Reedeemer 1 | 20 HP| 18 AC | F/R/W 7/5/6 | Perc +4 | Init +6

"Yes, Oaksteward Lemma pointed me this way. Said a group of other gate travelers needed help. Since Pulawami wanted me here, best to join together."

You sense no sign of deception from the man. He was either genuinely friendly, or very very good at hiding his true nature.

101 to 150 of 265 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM ShadowLord's Gatewalkers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.