[ACO] PF2e Q15 - In The Footsteps of Horror (P5) (Inactive)

Game Master UncleFroggy

RPG Chronicles
Q16 - The Winter Queen's Dollhouse

Symbols > Single Action (◆), Double Action (◆◆), Triple Action (◆◆◆), Free Action (◇), Reaction (↺)


1 to 50 of 252 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Please dot (add a post) in here and then delete your post to add yourself to this campaign.

1) I am based in Southeast Asia (UTC +8) so my posting hours may be unusual (especially for those in North America). I usually update at least one or twice per day. Just to keep the game moving, please post at least once every day and at least once during the weekend.

2) Please label all three of your actions. Even if you think what you are doing is obvious.

3) If I am unavailable for longer than 24 hours, I will let you know in the Discussion Tab. Out of respect for your fellow players and myself, I ask that you do the same. Real life happens, and real life will always take priority over the game, but out of fairness for your fellow players, please let us know if you will be unavailable for an extended period of time.

4) Please note that on the following days, my posting can get unpredictable:
Tuesday/Thursdays - all day, as they are the 2 busiest days of my work week

4) Please complete the Macros and the Slides linked at the top of the page.

5) Questions, concerns? Feel free to share them in the Discussion tab.

6) Let's have some fun and tell a great story together! After all, that's what we are here for.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Your adventure begins in the Grand Lodge in Absalom, where Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin has a small exploration assignment for you. While waiting for him, you take the time to get to know each other.

Please introduce yourselves here

Envoy's Alliance

Sprite Barbarian 3 | AC 20 | HP 48 | Spd 25 | F 9, R 7, W 8 | Perc 8 | Athletics 10 | Acrobatics,Stealth, Thievery 7 | Guild Lore, Survival 6 | Intimidation 5

A tiny grig sprite (looking much like a bug) wearing armor and a sword longer than it is enters. "Hello, I'm Folmyr. I'll be providing security on this assignment.

Radiant Oath

Skills:
Architecture Lore +7, Crafting +7, Diplomacy +9, Medicine +9, Nature +9, Performance +11 (+12 when making a performance of type Singing.), Religion +9, Society +7, Theater Lore +7
Male Human NG Cleric of Shelyn 4| HP:40/40| AC:18 | DC: 19 | F:+8 R:+8 W:+11 | Init:+8 (Religion to Detect Magic) | Per: +9 | Hero: 1

A ruddy, youthful human with red hair and garish clothes pauses his tune, mid-hum when he finally notices the sprite's arrival.

"Well met, Mighty Folmyr!" The young man bows low and offers a hand in greeting to the diminutive Pathfinder. "My name is Athelsted, Althelsted Everwell, that is. Tender of the Eternal Rose, Devotee of Shelynn."

"As for providing security on this assignment, I certainly hope your services won't be needed." Athelsted subconsciously adjusts strap holding a crossbow to his back. The weapon, well-crafted and adorned with fine, ornate carvings, looks nearly pristine, due as much to the care it receives as to its relative lack of use.

Grand Archive

LG Male Versatile Human Empirical Investigator 3 / Archaeologist | Osirionologist | HP 35/35, AC 19 w Padded Armor (20 w Dueling Cape raised, +2 fr Wary Disarmament), Fortitude* +6, Reflex** +10, Will** +8, Perception** +8, Stealth* +8 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Investigate | Active Conditions --- | ◆◇↺

A man in his late 30s arrives at the scene. He holds a three-foot long well-polished wooden walking cane for aesthetic. He also wears a caramel-brown homburg hat that is coupled with a free-flowing coffee-brown dueling cape, in addition to his light-brown padded armor and chocolate-brown long pants accented with dark-brown well-polished leather shoes. His all-shade-of-brown outfit is accessorized with some tools and weapons.

"Greetings, everyone! My name is Nanoc Evitceted, but you all can call me Nanoc. So what mission are we having today?" he beams them with his radiant smile.

Radiant Oath

Male Halfling Oracle of Life | HP 50 | AC 20 | F/R/W +9/+8/+10 | Perc +8 | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

A sandy-haired halfling wanders up to the group, licking jelly off of his fingers as he does. One can see pans sticking out of his backpack and utensils hanging from his belt where weapons and other more 'adventurous' equipment ought to be. He is above-average in height... almost 40 inches... and clearly eats very well. In fact, after he quickly washes his hands, he pulls out two more jelly tarts, holding them out to the others with a grin.

"Hi! I'm Armin. ... Got a little turned around getting here. Well, I turned around to go back for one more dessert is more accurate." He giggles, then continues. "Anyway, I'm also very curious what kind of request the venture captain might have for us. I just hope it doesn't include swimming - too soon to go in the water," he finishes with a slight poke at his belly and a laugh.

Hearing the others names, he nods and thinks for a moment, before nodding once more to Nanoc and acknowledging him a wink, "Detective."

A moment later, a wolfhound catches up with the little man and bumps her head against his shoulder. After only a second, she does this again, and Armin instinctively shoves his hand into a pouch and quickly produces a bone that the canine happily takes in her teeth and, sitting obediently next to her master, begins gnawing on.
"Oh, and this is Shelley. Isn't she cute?"

Grand Archive

N male human (dhampir) summoner 4 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 52/52| AC 21| F +9 R +9 W +8 | Perc +8 | Spd. 25ft. |

"Good evening. My name is Aleksandr Osteoff, a renowned thespian that oft graced the stages in Caliphas and beyond. Perhaps you have heard of me? Perhaps not. It has been many years since I last took a bow to the adulations of the audience."

The pale-skinned, dark-haired human bears a few wrinkles on his face. His fashion is dated. He carries only a dagger as a weapon.

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

A slim looking elf wearing a robe with many pouches and varied flasks arrives an introduces himself to everyone present.

"Hello everyone, I'm Erlam and while alchemy is my main talent, my interests are quite varied. I've extensively studied lost civilizations and different types of magiks so I hope my expertise will come on handy during this mission."

"I can make a myriad of different concoctions, though at a limited amount, so feel free to let me know if there's anything you might fancy before we depart and we'll see what we can do. I can reccomend an Eagle-Eye's Elixir for those trained in trap finding, for example..."

With that, he starts mumbling on different exilirs and potions for different cincumstances, more to himself than to anyone else...

Radiant Oath

Male Halfling Oracle of Life | HP 50 | AC 20 | F/R/W +9/+8/+10 | Perc +8 | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

"Afraid I haven't had the pleasure, Aleksandr. Maybe we'll see some of your skills in action during this little assignment."

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

"All right, Pathfinders, you're going on a little bit of a cleanup mission." Valsin taps his finger on the map of a familiar island, tracing north and west from the giant star marking Absalom to a sketch of a castle near the island's western shore. "A short while back, a group of veteran agents ventured into the ruins of Citadel Uromaz, where they defeated the lich Hekoz and stopped the ritual she was attempting. After dealing with the undead, they were called away to handle another issue. Frankly we need someone to go back and do the hard work of cataloging the place. Most of the large artifacts and valuable items have been noted and brought back to the Grand Lodge, but the previous agents described a huge mural carved into the stone, and no one even thought to take a rubbing of it." Valsin sighs, "So, it falls to you to go in and document the site properly."

"I need you all to pop over there, go through and take rubbings of as much of the mural as you can. Everything should be in the central chamber, but if you find any other archaeological finds that are worthwhile? Please note and collect them. Be careful, be prepared, and be vigilant, as usual."

"I've marked the citadel's location on the map for you, it's just north of the Swardlands, on the edge of the Welt. It's about five day's ride along the roads. The Welt is a blighted land where no plants grow. Thanks to the efforts of a group of heroes a few years ago, it's been shrinking. Nowadays, it's not inherently dangerous to people or animals, but its lack of settlements still makes it an attractive place for those who want to escape notice. Like Hekoz, for example. We believe that the threats have been dealt with, based on the information reported to us by your fellow Pathfinders. You can never be too sure, though, so please make sure to go prepared for a fight, just in case. As the previous group was focused on fighting the lich, no map was made. You'll need to do a bit of exploring to find the ritual chamber."

"Any questions?"

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Dice:

Aleksandr Ostenoff's Society (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Nanoc Evitceted's Society (T): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Erlam's Society (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Armin's Religion (T): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Athelsted's Religion (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Aleksandr:

Hekoz isn’t the most famous lich to be associated with the ruins. It was originally created by the wizard-king Tar Baphon nearly 4,000 years ago, well before his transformation into the Whispering Tyrant.

Armin/Erlam:
The Pathfinders who completed the initial assault on Citadel Uromaz recovered beautiful treasures, including books, tapestries, and even rugs. It’s unclear how many of these items were original to the keep and how many were the possessions of the lich Hekoz.

Grand Archive

N male human (dhampir) summoner 4 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 52/52| AC 21| F +9 R +9 W +8 | Perc +8 | Spd. 25ft. |

Aleksandr concentrates for a few seconds. A sigil flashes on the palm of his hand, a black rose, from a swirling vortex another hand, slender and graceful with the same rose presses palm against palm. Aleksandr grabs the hand and pulls it through the vortex. A feminine form with ghostly features steps through the curtain. Her hair and clothing shimmering with a vibrant energy. Yet though she is radiant her face is contorted with anguish.

"Imelia, dearest, it looks like we have an opportunity to study our adversary."

To the others he adds.

"This is Imelia. The Whispering Way attempted to curse her with undeath, but through occult rituals I was able to arrest the process by donating my vitality. The void it has left within me makes me vulnerable to healing magic that tries to infuse the recipient with that vital life force. So please save such magics for Imelia and other methods of healing for myself. Use these in an emergency..."

Aleksandr gestures to a few potions on his belt.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

"If you need to make any last minute purchases, you may see the Quartermaster. Otherwise, I have procured mounts for you to make your journey quicker."

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

"Well, that's quite unique. I'm sorry for your current situation and I'll keep that in mind if needed." says Erlam to Aleksandr while taking a good look at both summoner and eidolon.

He then turns his attention towards Valsin.

"So, how long ago was this mission? I do recall something about it but I can't really place a date on it. I'm just curious to know what else might lurk in there, depending on how long has it been abandoned."

Radiant Oath

Skills:
Architecture Lore +7, Crafting +7, Diplomacy +9, Medicine +9, Nature +9, Performance +11 (+12 when making a performance of type Singing.), Religion +9, Society +7, Theater Lore +7
Male Human NG Cleric of Shelyn 4| HP:40/40| AC:18 | DC: 19 | F:+8 R:+8 W:+11 | Init:+8 (Religion to Detect Magic) | Per: +9 | Hero: 1
Aleksandr Ostenoff wrote:
"This is Imelia. The Whispering Way attempted to curse her with undeath, but through occult rituals I was able to arrest the process by donating my vitality. The void it has left within me makes me vulnerable to healing magic that tries to infuse the recipient with that vital life force. So please save such magics for Imelia and other methods of healing for myself. Use these in an emergency..."

"I pray they will not be needed," Athelsted replies. "I trust our fellow Pathfinders are quite efficient, so I doubt there are any true threats remaining in the ruins."

"As for the curses, I am always saddened to hear of such things. But where there is a curse, there is also hope that it can be lifted, is there not?" The young man tries to sound consoling and comforting.

Radiant Oath

Male Halfling Oracle of Life | HP 50 | AC 20 | F/R/W +9/+8/+10 | Perc +8 | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

"Five days ride, huh? Do these mounts come with *cough* ample provisions? And do you have the..."
Armin pauses as Alexsandr summons his eidolon. He blinks a few times as the man describes their unusual situation, then continues...
"the ... uh... right! - the supplies for taking rubbings and making maps?"

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Ambrus Valsin sighs. "Yes, Armin. You have three weeks worth of provisions. That should be enough. Yes, I have also enough parchment, ink and charcoal for you to make enough rubbings. You need not concern yourselves with supplies. It's not like we're making pay for everything..."

"The original mission was completed about a year ago. The agents who fought and defeated the lich did so but didn't really catalogue the site. The lich and her minions were destroyed so there shouldn't be anything dangerous lurking there. But, just the same, stay alert."

"If there aren't any more questions, I wish you luck."

Last chance to see the quartermaster :)

Grand Archive

LG Male Versatile Human Empirical Investigator 3 / Archaeologist | Osirionologist | HP 35/35, AC 19 w Padded Armor (20 w Dueling Cape raised, +2 fr Wary Disarmament), Fortitude* +6, Reflex** +10, Will** +8, Perception** +8, Stealth* +8 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Investigate | Active Conditions --- | ◆◇↺

Nanoc checks what is in store with the quartermaster. He buys a pendant of the occult occult (60 gp) before he gets back to others for the mission.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Valsin provides you with sufficient paper, ink, quills, and charcoal to do the rubbings twice over, as well as several torches. He has arranged for horses (or similar mounts for Small or Tiny-sized PCs) to take you to the site, as well as a map that will lead them there. These mounts are purely for transport and have no combat training. Valsin's supplies also include three weeks of provisions for you and your mounts.

The journey west from the bustling streets of Absalom across the Isle of Kortos begins peacefully. At first, the roads are well-populated with travelers, guards, and caravans. Plains give way to forests and then farmland. A thin ring of fertile soil occupied by a partially constructed barn divides the fields from the barren lands of the Welt. Within the Welt, the weather takes a turn for the worse. Gray clouds fill the sky and a chill, misting rain pervades the air. By the end of the journey, the sky overhead is nearly obsidian, illuminated only by flashes of greenish lightning.

As you arrive at the ruins, you experience a palpable sense of unease radiating from it, the lingering result of unholy rituals performed here. Your mounts refuse to approach the entrance no matter how much you coax them.

There is no lighting underground. So if you need to light torches or wayfinders or anything else, please do it now.

Grand Archive

N male human (dhampir) summoner 4 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 52/52| AC 21| F +9 R +9 W +8 | Perc +8 | Spd. 25ft. |

Aleksandr lights a wayfinder. Imelia has darkvision.

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

Erlam will go with his wayfinder light.

Grand Archive

LG Male Versatile Human Empirical Investigator 3 / Archaeologist | Osirionologist | HP 35/35, AC 19 w Padded Armor (20 w Dueling Cape raised, +2 fr Wary Disarmament), Fortitude* +6, Reflex** +10, Will** +8, Perception** +8, Stealth* +8 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Investigate | Active Conditions --- | ◆◇↺

Nanoc follows suit in lighting his wayfinder too. "I have been to many ruins, but this one seems... different." he says while chills run down his spine. Nevertheless, he begins inspecting every corner of the place with light at hand with his Expiditious Inspection.

Nanoc has That's Odd feat, letting him know what they are currently dealing in the area they are in.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

With Wayfinders lit, you enter the ruins. As the last of you enter, you suddenly realize that the place is different. The way you entered is suddenly blocked by rubble. The catacombs are entirely underground, carved out of dull gray bedrock. Ceilings are 10 feet high unless otherwise noted. Dim light blankets the area, though it has no visible sources, and light and shadows dance across the chambers of their own accord. The colors of everything in the citadel, including you and your belongings, fade into muted hues.

Going forward, all attempts to cast light-based spells need a DC 6 flat check to determine whether the spell activates. Bright light is now restricted to half its normal range.

Nanoc:
You feel that this place is different somehow. The rubble blocking the way out appears to not be recent.

GM Dice:

Armin's Arcana (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Erlam's Arcana (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Aleksandr Ostenoff's Occultism (E): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Nanoc Evitceted's Occultism (E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Athelsted's Occultism (U): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Erlam:
The muted colors and lack of vibrancy in your garb suggest that you have found your way on to the Netherworld. The Netherworld is a shadowy mirror of the familiar Universe. The erratic behavior of the shadows and light in the citadel is unusually pronounced for the Netherworld; it suggests that there is a portal back to the Universe nearby.

Armin/Alexsandr/Nanoc/Athelsted:
The muted colors and lack of vibrancy in your garb suggest that you have found your way on to the Netherworld. The Netherworld is a shadowy mirror of the familiar Universe.

This entry hall walls are carved with ornate skulls and funereal adornments. The only features of note are a corridor leading to the west from the north end of the room, and a collapsed stairway to the south. An unlit torch sits in the sconce nearby. The stairs to the south that would lead upwards to the main complex have been completely blocked by debris.

DC 12 Crafting or DC 10 Architecture Lore:
You notice that these blockades are not natural decay, but rather the result of a deliberate collapse that is allowing in material from a massive pile of rubble above them.

If you critically succeed

Spoiler:
You notice explosive residue and determine that the detonation took place centuries ago.

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

Arquitecture Lore DC 10: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26.

"Well, it seems that we've somehow found our way on to the Netherworld. The Netherworld is a shadowy mirror of the familiar Universe. The erratic behavior of the shadows and light in the citadel is unusually pronounced for the Netherworld; this suggests that there is a portal back to the Universe nearby, so let's keep our eyes open!.

After a bit of walking and looking around he also adds, "From what I can see from the explosive residue around, the detonation must've took place centuries ago, so all of this is indeed pretty old..."

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Erlam's statement raises your hopes and morale.

Everyone gets a +1 bonus to their Will saves for the remainder of the adventure

You also happen to notice a bag containing assorted gemstones worth 10 gp in the rubble.

Grand Archive

LG Male Versatile Human Empirical Investigator 3 / Archaeologist | Osirionologist | HP 35/35, AC 19 w Padded Armor (20 w Dueling Cape raised, +2 fr Wary Disarmament), Fortitude* +6, Reflex** +10, Will** +8, Perception** +8, Stealth* +8 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Investigate | Active Conditions --- | ◆◇↺

DC 6 Flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 4

"Now I understand why. We are indeed in the Netherworld. My light is not working here, sad." Nanoc agrees with Erlam and gets close to someone whose light seems to glow.

"And look at this." he points at the now rubble to where they are supposed to exit for later. "This looks not recent, in this Plane." he infers while picking up the bag containing the assorted gems. "Lovely treat, we just entered."

Radiant Oath

Skills:
Architecture Lore +7, Crafting +7, Diplomacy +9, Medicine +9, Nature +9, Performance +11 (+12 when making a performance of type Singing.), Religion +9, Society +7, Theater Lore +7
Male Human NG Cleric of Shelyn 4| HP:40/40| AC:18 | DC: 19 | F:+8 R:+8 W:+11 | Init:+8 (Religion to Detect Magic) | Per: +9 | Hero: 1

Athelsted attempts to cast light on holy symbol around his neck.
Flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 6

Believing he has been successful, he moves to a point where he thinks he call the most of his allies see.

He is quickly drawn to the architecture that he sees.
Architecture Lore: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

He finds himself readily agreeing with Erlam.

"We were not told of any portals to the Netherworld by Venture-Captain Valsin." The young man ponders aloud for a moment. "And it seems like an odd detail that the earlier Pathfinders would have missed, is it not?"

I just realized that I had forgotten to update Athelsted's header. He is 4th-level. Add +1 to his skill check above. The Macros and Slides previously filled-in were correct.

Radiant Oath

Male Halfling Oracle of Life | HP 50 | AC 20 | F/R/W +9/+8/+10 | Perc +8 | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

Taking a scroll of Heal (school item) and buying a Dusty Rose Prism from the quartermaster.
I think my equipment list is out of date, but I'll catch it up after this scenario. :)

Armin is saddened to leave Shelley with the horses, but gives her some extra food and belly rubs before tasking her with guarding the area.

Once inside, he lights his wayfinder as the others do, and notes the netherworldian changes with interest.
Flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 18

"Shame about all this... I imagine it means there is something here that has grown strong enough over the last year to create the rift or portal or whatever from this realm to ours. I expect trouble."
With that, he draws his crossbow and moves to the first corner.

Grand Archive

LG Male Versatile Human Empirical Investigator 3 / Archaeologist | Osirionologist | HP 35/35, AC 19 w Padded Armor (20 w Dueling Cape raised, +2 fr Wary Disarmament), Fortitude* +6, Reflex** +10, Will** +8, Perception** +8, Stealth* +8 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Investigate | Active Conditions --- | ◆◇↺

Nanoc draws out his writing materials and takes note what they just find. He also collect evidence they might need for reporting with the materials the venture-captain provided to them. When Nanoc sees the halfling draw his weapon, he goes to draw his own too, a shortbow, and follows Armin.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Light spells already activated prior to entering are fine, just that range is now halved. It's just new spells that need the check

Radiant Oath

Male Halfling Oracle of Life | HP 50 | AC 20 | F/R/W +9/+8/+10 | Perc +8 | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

Not trying to jump others' action, just getting one more in before the weekend distractions...

Once the group catches up to or passes him, Armin cautiously moves to the next corner.
He whispers, "I was hoping for a lighthearted look around... but now I feel like there could be a threat coming from anywhere."

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

"This is certainly unexpected. Be ready everyone..." he comments, grabbing his shield more tightly this time.

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

You turn the corner and hear a screech, as four dagger-wielding creatures run straight at you.

Init:

Aleksandr Ostenoff, Investigate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Armin, Search: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Folmyr, Scout: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Nanoc Evitceted, Investigate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19
Erlam, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Athelsted, Detect Magic: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
R Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
W Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
B Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Y Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before your Turn:
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Folmyr - AC 20, 48/48
Red
Blue
Aleksandr Ostenoff - AC 21, 52/52; Imelia AC
Athelsted - AC 18, 40/40
Nanoc Evitceted - AC 19 (20 w/buckler), 35/35
Erlam - AC 20, 30/30
Yellow
Armin - AC 20, 50/50
White

Envoy's Alliance

Sprite Barbarian 3 | AC 20 | HP 48 | Spd 25 | F 9, R 7, W 8 | Perc 8 | Athletics 10 | Acrobatics,Stealth, Thievery 7 | Guild Lore, Survival 6 | Intimidation 5

Folmyr screams in rage, moves into Yellow's spot, and attacks.

Rage attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
Damage: 1d12 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 6 = 10

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Folmyr rages and swings at Yellow but doesn't connect.

Red charges the line and attacks Athelsted, Imelia: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Dagger vs Athelsted AC 18: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15 for Piercing Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Dagger vs Athelsted AC 18, MAP, Agile: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 for Piercing Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Blue decides to swing at Folmyr.

Dagger vs Folmyr AC 19: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 for Piercing Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Dagger vs Folmyr AC 19, MAP, Agile: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 for Piercing Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Dagger vs Folmyr AC 19, MAP 2+, Agile: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 for Piercing Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before your Turn:
------------------
Those with ** may go

Folmyr - AC 20, 38/48 (Rage - temp hp: 0/5, AC 19)
Red
Blue
**Aleksandr Ostenoff - AC 21, 52/52; Imelia AC 21
**Athelsted - AC 18, 32/40
**Nanoc Evitceted - AC 19 (20 w/buckler), 35/35
**Erlam - AC 20, 30/30
Yellow
Armin - AC 20, 50/50
White

Grand Archive

N male human (dhampir) summoner 4 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 52/52| AC 21| F +9 R +9 W +8 | Perc +8 | Spd. 25ft. |

Aleksandr empowers Imelia's Strikes. and bolsters her defenses, she lashes out at the one right in front of her while Aleksandr ponders his next move.

◇ Extend Boost Occultism (DC 19): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
◆ Cast a Spell (Boost Eidolon) Duration 3 rounds.

◆ Act Together
Aleksandr ◆ Cast a Spell (Protect Companion)
Imelia ◆ Strike Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14Piercing: 2d6 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 2 + 4 = 13

◆ Recall Knowledge

If the skill is Religion and fails (but not critically)
↺ Kreighton's Cognitive Crossover, reroll with Whispering Way Lore.

Grand Archive

LG Male Versatile Human Empirical Investigator 3 / Archaeologist | Osirionologist | HP 35/35, AC 19 w Padded Armor (20 w Dueling Cape raised, +2 fr Wary Disarmament), Fortitude* +6, Reflex** +10, Will** +8, Perception** +8, Stealth* +8 | Speed 25 ft. | Exploration Activity Investigate | Active Conditions --- | ◆◇↺

Nanoc makes a quick plan in his head on how to deal with the enemy in front of them.
DaS: 1d20 ⇒ 3 also attempts Recall Knowledge via Known Weaknesses feat

"Too dark here, can't find any weakness." he complains.

He shoots at Blue instead.
+1 Shortbow Attack vs Blue: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
DC 5 Flat check? vs Concealment: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5 P damage

He then moves to find a nice spot to attack later.

◆ Devise a Stratagem
◇ Recall Knowledge about Red (Religion? +6, Library Lore +9, Occultism +12 w Oddity Identification and Schooled in Secrets)
◆ Strike
◆ Stride

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Dice:

Aleksandr Ostenoff's Religion (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Nanoc Religion (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Aleksandr:

You recognize these as Shadowborn Slayers. They're basically low level foot troops. Standard undead resistances and a weakness for positive damage

Imelia lashes out at the one in front of her but doesn't hit.

Nanoc:
You don't recognize these creatures

Nanoc tries to get an angle on Blue but can't find a good shot. He shoots Red instead and buries an arrow in Red's arm.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before your Turn:
------------------
Those with ** may go

Folmyr - AC 20, 38/48 (Rage - temp hp: 0/5, AC 19)
Red
Blue (-5)
Aleksandr Ostenoff - AC 21, 52/52; Imelia AC 21
**Athelsted - AC 18, 32/40
Nanoc Evitceted - AC 19 (20 w/buckler), 35/35
**Erlam - AC 20, 30/30
Yellow
Armin - AC 20, 50/50
White

Radiant Oath

Skills:
Architecture Lore +7, Crafting +7, Diplomacy +9, Medicine +9, Nature +9, Performance +11 (+12 when making a performance of type Singing.), Religion +9, Society +7, Theater Lore +7
Male Human NG Cleric of Shelyn 4| HP:40/40| AC:18 | DC: 19 | F:+8 R:+8 W:+11 | Init:+8 (Religion to Detect Magic) | Per: +9 | Hero: 1

Athelsted tries to ascertain what manner of creature struck him.
Religion +9; Society +7, Nature +9

If Athelsted identifies his attacker as undead:
Athelsted casts heal.
One-action, touch (Fort DC 19): 1d8 ⇒ 3

Then, moves away cautiously.
Step

If he does not:
Athelsted moves away cautiously.
Step
Then, he draws his crossbow.

Grand Archive

N male human (dhampir) summoner 4 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 52/52| AC 21| F +9 R +9 W +8 | Perc +8 | Spd. 25ft. |

"These creatures are undead."

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Dice:

Rel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Athelstead:

You recognize these as Shadowborn Slayers. They're basically low level foot troops. Standard undead resistances and a weakness for positive damage

Athelstead racks his brain to try to remember what they are. He touches his attacker's arm just as it pulls back. The arm sizzles and smokes with the positive energy. Athelstead then takes a careful step back.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before your Turn:
------------------
Those with ** may go

Folmyr - AC 20, 38/48 (Rage - temp hp: 0/5, AC 19)
Red (-4)
Blue (-5)
Aleksandr Ostenoff - AC 21, 52/52; Imelia AC 21
Athelsted - AC 18, 32/40
Nanoc Evitceted - AC 19 (20 w/buckler), 35/35
**Erlam - AC 20, 30/30
Yellow
Armin - AC 20, 50/50
White

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

Erlam will cast Electic Arc into red and white and then cast shield on himself.

◆◆ Electric Arc Electric Arc: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1, 3) + 4 = 11 REF DC 19
◆ Shield

Got to use it before it gets nerfed! lol

Grand Archive

N male human (dhampir) summoner 4 | ◆◇↺ | ♥️ 52/52| AC 21| F +9 R +9 W +8 | Perc +8 | Spd. 25ft. |

It's only 2d4+4 at level 3 though.

Verdant Wheel

Icons: ◆◇↺ | Elf Alchemist 3 | HP 30 | AC 20 | F7, R10, W7 | Per +7 | Hero Points: 0/2 Alchemy Reagents 2/8 | Bottled Lightning (M) 6/6 | Dread Ampule (L) 3/3 | Alchemist's Fire (M) 5/6 |

oops

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GM Dice:

Red Ref: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Ref: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Erlam shoots lightning at Red and White. White dodges the worst of the damage but Red eats to bolt.

Yellow swings at the sprite in his face.

Dagger vs Folmyr AC 19: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 for Piercing Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Dagger vs Folmyr AC 19, MAP, Agile: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 for Piercing Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Dagger vs Folmyr AC 19, MAP 2+, Agile: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 for Piercing Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 1
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before your Turn:
------------------
Those with ** may go

Folmyr - AC 20, 29/48 (Rage - temp hp: 0/5, AC 19)
Red (-12)
Blue (-5)
Aleksandr Ostenoff - AC 21, 52/52; Imelia AC 21
Athelsted - AC 18, 32/40
Nanoc Evitceted - AC 19 (20 w/buckler), 35/35
Erlam - AC 20, 30/30
Yellow
**Armin - AC 20, 50/50
White (-4)

Radiant Oath

Male Halfling Oracle of Life | HP 50 | AC 20 | F/R/W +9/+8/+10 | Perc +8 | ◆◇↺ | Character Sheet

Armin blasts the closest enemy with divine energy then hurries to Folmyr and applies a little healing.

◆◆ cast Divine Lance at red
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 for 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8 good (or positive, now?)
◆ doctor's visitation on Folmyr (stride and battle medicine)
Expert Medicine: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 for 4d8 + 15 ⇒ (6, 2, 2, 3) + 15 = 28 healing

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Armin sends some of Erastil's goodness at Red but barely misses. He rushes to Folmyr and manages to place a tiny battle dressing on the sprite.

Crit Success for Healing is 4d8 (instead of 2d8 for a regular success). In your case it would be just 4d8+10. You need to be Master Medicine (Lvl 7+) to be able to access the DC 30 Medicine healing. Though it's a moot point since Folmyr would be restored to 100% in either case :)

White steps forward and pokes at Armin with his dagger.

Dagger vs Armin AC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 for Piercing Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Dagger vs Armin AC 20, MAP, Agile: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for Piercing Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before your Turn:
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Folmyr - AC 20, 48/48 (Rage - temp hp: 0/5, AC 19)
Red (-12)
Blue (-5)
Aleksandr Ostenoff - AC 21, 52/52; Imelia AC 21
Athelsted - AC 18, 32/40
Nanoc Evitceted - AC 19 (20 w/buckler), 35/35
Erlam - AC 20, 30/30
Yellow
Armin - AC 20, 45/50
White (-4)

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

GAH! Sorry Armin. Didn't realize you had the Medic dedication.

Envoy's Alliance

Sprite Barbarian 3 | AC 20 | HP 48 | Spd 25 | F 9, R 7, W 8 | Perc 8 | Athletics 10 | Acrobatics,Stealth, Thievery 7 | Guild Lore, Survival 6 | Intimidation 5

Attack Yellow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Damage: 1d12 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 6 = 21

Attack Yellow: 1d20 + 9 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 9 - 5 = 23
Damage: 1d12 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 6 = 20

Attack Yellow: 1d20 + 9 - 10 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 10 = 15
Damage: 1d12 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 6 = 11

Radiant Oath

◆◇↺ | Spell Templates

Folmyr's two strikes bring Yellow down.
Not sure what you want to do with that last action.

------------------
COMBAT TRACKER
Round: 2
Tactical Map
Active Conditions:
Before your Turn:
------------------
Those with ** may go

**Folmyr - AC 20, 48/48 (Rage - temp hp: 0/5, AC 19; 1 action)
Red (-12)
Blue (-5)
Aleksandr Ostenoff - AC 21, 52/52; Imelia AC 21
Athelsted - AC 18, 32/40
Nanoc Evitceted - AC 19 (20 w/buckler), 35/35
Erlam - AC 20, 30/30
Armin - AC 20, 45/50
White (-4)

1 to 50 of 252 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [ACO] PF2e Q15 - In The Footsteps of Horror (P5) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.