GM Worg's The Chaotic Slithering

Game Master Kyle "Worg" H

Maps


1 to 50 of 181 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Recent Politics:

The city of Kibwe in the Mwangi Expanse has recently seen a surge in both population and attention. As a well-fortified waystation for traders with huge, ancient granite walls, it is both safe and prosperous.

The Representative Council that rules the city works to balance its fractious factions while preserving the open trade that brings in wealth from the Mwangi Expanse and greater Garund alike. But unease in the city of Usaro has sent many hundreds of refugees to seek shelter behind Kibwe’s walls, and the council’s recent ban on buying and selling slaves doesn’t sit well with its established slave traders. The greatest threat to Kibwe, however, might be an organization that’s been present in the city for many years

In the central market of Adayenki Pavilion, in the heart of Kibwe, our collective of misfits are nearby.

Arkon the Liberator is currently watching a street game of dice going on with many enthusiastic worksmen and laborers excitedly exchanging money with peddlers.

Clynter, dressed in deep robes to hide his less than living appearance, also resides nearby watching for easy marks to leave the little gambling ring. Anyone who appears to have been taking their earnings and drinking in earnest.

Kazavel sits in a nearby outdoor section of an inn and watches the streets hustle and bustle, sipping on what some would presumably guess is a glass of wine. Kazavel resides currently under an umbrella while an overcast hangs high in the clouds, but no rain yet pours.

An Azarketi stands nearby a building that recently took some damage from flames, conducting an investigation. Typical minor issue of someone tripping with an oil lamp and starting a small fire, but was put out before lighting the entire outer wall ablaze.

A creature appearing to be made of strange stonework, what some have learned to acknowledge as a Conrasu, having just finished up a street stitching on a person who recently got their arm badly cut open counts the coins that it could collect from the patchwork job.

Sitting under a merchants stall, unbenownst to the merchant, lays a wolf made of machine. The creature appears to be resting from the bustle of the street. It doesn't stay off guard though, instead it eyes all the individuals it can from its little hiding spot. The creature appears to be learning faces, just incase at some point a contract might happen. Right now, it appears off work.


CG Orcish Thiefling Champion 6 (Liberator) 88/88 hp AC=20 Fort=7 Ref=5 Wis=4

Plausibly deniably dot


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)

Dry lips make contact with a glass, its swirling red contents lazily drifting towards them. The moment that red, viscous liquid makes contact, the pale elf lets out a delighted little shudder. No matter how many times, it always tasted good. Thirst was also a considerable factor. It had been... what, a couple of days since his last meal?

Drinking from a glass like this reminded him of the Old Country. Surprisingly, it didn't fill him with that much disgust. Must've been the blood. No matter the mood, no matter the sin, it could always wash the taste of regret out of his mouth.

Tilting his head back, the undead allowed himself the indulgence of taking the rest in one big gulp. All the better to finish his meal and raise less suspicion, after all. He makes sure to drag his tongue across his face as well as the inside of the glass. The last thing he wants to do is wander the town in the middle of the day with a blood mustache plastered over his lips, after all.

With that out of the way, Ashes carefully tucks his prized Brooding Glass into his robes and huddles up under the umbrella. It's a nice day, or at least as nice as a day can be, and he may as well keep up his search for a mortal that shows promise.


Slithering | CG male (he/him) river azarketi (Mwangi) kineticist (water) 6 | ◆◇↺ | AC 23 | HP 86/86 | P+9, F+14, R+11, W+11 | 20' (swim 30') | LLV, NH | Explore: Search | Hero Points: 0/3 | Conditions: wet 3

Stokes offers sloppy, wet high fives to the line firefighters leading from the river to the smoldering house. They were, of course, moderately wet from passing down buckets of water, but being around Stokes was a completely different experience. The man was just soaked, from head to toe, with little jets of water eternally orbiting his body.

"Great work, fish boy," the lieutenant said, proud of all the work that he'd take credit for. He offered his dry hand to shake Stokes', and as they hugged, he slipped a pouch with a fistful of coins into Stokes' pocket. The kickback was usually pretty seamless, but this time the metal hit a metal object in Stokes' pocket - an oil lamp, which Stokes had used to start the fire in the first place.

It was the worst time to draw attention. The chief was standing nearby, and heard the noise. "What's in the pocket, Celerity?"

Stokes decided to run.


CE Skeleton Rogue 6 - Criminal - Exploration Act (Stealth or Deception; +14/+15) HP 66/66 | AC 24 | SVs F+8/R+14/W+11 | Speed 30 |Per +11

Clynter's fleshless fingers itch as he watches the porters and longshoremen bounce their crude dice off the wall. The pot looks meager so far; just a sad little pile of worn out copper coins. Its not that he has any compunction about taking these fools for everything they are worth; but he just arrived in town and is not sure he wants risk getting noticed yet. Things didn't go too well for him in Bloodcove and he barely escaped from that den of vipers.

He made quite a killing at the gambling houses there, but of course he stayed too long and pushed his luck too far. Clynter has never been good at knowing when to just cash in his chips and head home. He won a greater fortune than he has ever seen in those mob run casinos and then he spent it all bribing some Aspis silver servant to help him get out of the city when the time came to go. It turns out the owners talked with each despite being business rivals and they all realized that the same rail-thin Pharasman cleric was having an exceptional lucky streak.

Clynter then spent the last two weeks trekking through the sweltering jungles of the Mwangi Expanse. He is glad to finally be back in a real city, even if its not as impressive as some of the places he has seen and for now. And since he doesn't want to be back in the jungle or out to sea gain quite yet, he is chosing to watch and observe for now.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Rite of Knowing Conrasu Fighter 6: HP:94/94, Spd:20, AC:24, Fort:13, Ref:13, Will:12, Perc:12, 1/1 Focus Points

Hello, we'll take care of it.

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

5/6 players checked in, so I will get this party train started! The last player who hasn't checked in can jump in when convenient and will just be afk to the side until time comes.

Everyone conducting their activities, or their schemes for wealth, or day in-and-out jobs. Excitement is currently at mundane levels. What it would be to have a little bit of fun.

Well, fortune or misfortune favors the freaky.

Near you all a merchant cries out in pain before his cries are rapidly swallowed by a thick choking noise! Suddenly his body is growing fluid like and his eyes melt out of his face. Within a matter of just a moment his body has turned into some strange kind of ooze!

Your paths away from such a creature are blocked by shipping containers and crowds of panicking people, the only way out of this is with a fight!

What actually transpires in the book:

You all are talking to this merchant and he explodes into a slime before you.

Please finish character creation, our first combat will begin Wednesday night.
Maps is now in my tag. When I remember how to get it at the top of the page also it will be in there too.


CG Orcish Thiefling Champion 6 (Liberator) 88/88 hp AC=20 Fort=7 Ref=5 Wis=4

Need to finalize purchases, its my first pfe2 character


Slithering | CG male (he/him) river azarketi (Mwangi) kineticist (water) 6 | ◆◇↺ | AC 23 | HP 86/86 | P+9, F+14, R+11, W+11 | 20' (swim 30') | LLV, NH | Explore: Search | Hero Points: 0/3 | Conditions: wet 3

The maps are read-only and there is no Discussion thread. :)

Envoy's Alliance

Male Rite of Knowing Conrasu Fighter 6: HP:94/94, Spd:20, AC:24, Fort:13, Ref:13, Will:12, Perc:12, 1/1 Focus Points

Is enjoying the view and the new set of gaming characters.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Rite of Knowing Conrasu Fighter 6: HP:94/94, Spd:20, AC:24, Fort:13, Ref:13, Will:12, Perc:12, 1/1 Focus Points

Let's try this again, posted with the wrong character initially, making the wrong character appear in characters page.

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Discussion page now open.
Maps SHOULD be fixed now. I don't get why google doesn't save my choice when I select Editor.

Was working on stuff last night and got distracted from the adventure.

Initiative:

Initiative Arkon the Liberator: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Initiative Clynter Glittergrin: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Initiative Rakdon Tripus: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Initiative Kazavel Ashes Aldaris: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Initiative Stokes Celerity: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Initiative Hue Howard: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Initiative Ooze: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Round 1: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Daylight
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: Crowds blocking exits!
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-0,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-0,Fine)

Ooze(-0,Fine)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-0,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-0,Fine)

Occultism DC23, Lore Ooze DC18:

Black Pudding
N, Huge, Mindless, Ooze
Most often found below ground, these oozes scour caves for objects to dissolve with their corrosive secretions. This caustic acid is particularly dangerous to creatures that attack a pudding, as it can quickly damage and destroy gear.
1 Question @23, 3 Questions @33


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)

Ashes reels back in horror as the man dissolves and implodes before him. Such a disgusting display, and a waste of good blood at that. Before deciding what to do, the pale elf flips through his mental library to figure out what to do.

Occultism: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

He considers for a moment. It came from a person, yes? Well, an ooze made out of a processed person must CERTAINLY have a condensed version of the human's nutrients. Perhaps this could make for a new form of blood preservation? Yes, that must certainly be it!

Ashes makes a mental note to gather a generous sample for a taste test as soon as the battle concludes. For the time being, he decides to take advantage of this chance to play at being a hero, the risk of sunlight be damned.

"Oh no, a monster! Everyone get back!"

From around the fountain he gestures with a thin finger and concentrates, firing a beam of red-hot light right towards the massive ooze. As the spell goes off, gray ashes fall out of his white-and-gold robes in such abundance that one may think that it accidentally shattered a burial urn that he was carrying.

Casting fire ray, which also activates his minor oracle curse.

Spell Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
fire damage: 6d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 5, 6, 1) = 16


CE Skeleton Rogue 6 - Criminal - Exploration Act (Stealth or Deception; +14/+15) HP 66/66 | AC 24 | SVs F+8/R+14/W+11 | Speed 30 |Per +11

That's not something you see everyday

Clynter calmly moves into position to get a clear line of sight, then pulls out a bow from underneath his robes and fires an arrow at the writhing mass of slime. Then not even bothering to look at whether the arrow even hit he darts away from the creature before it can retaliate.

Stride, QuickDraw, Stride. Clynter treats the creature as flat footed since it hasn't acted yet.

Quick Shot, Surprise Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Piercing: 1d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (4, 6) = 14

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Was preoccupied for the weekend, apologies!

Round 1: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Daylight
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: Crowds blocking exits!
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-0,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-0,Fine)
Ooze(-16,Fine)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-0,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-0,Fine)

The fire blasts into the ooze and causes it to bubble and boil in damage! An arrow flies swiftly afterwards into the ooze, but it floats uselessly in the oozes form.

Which Target: 1d3 ⇒ 1

The ooze grows a pseudopod towards Arkon, ignoring all the other nearby creatures. It swipes down hard with the pseudopod, missing with its first attack!

Pseudopod Attack 10ft: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Pseudopodt Damage Bludgeon + Acid: 2d8 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 7 + (5, 1) = 19

Pseudopod Attack 10ft: 1d20 + 13 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 13 - 5 = 25
Pseudopodt Damage Bludgeon + Acid: 2d8 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 7 + (4, 3) = 19

The ooze then grabs tight onto the Orc Teifling!

Round 1 & 2: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Daylight
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: Crowds blocking exits!
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-0,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-0,Fine)

Ooze(-16,Grabbing)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-19,Grabbed!)
Rakdon Tripus(-0,Fine)


Slithering | CG male (he/him) river azarketi (Mwangi) kineticist (water) 6 | ◆◇↺ | AC 23 | HP 86/86 | P+9, F+14, R+11, W+11 | 20' (swim 30') | LLV, NH | Explore: Search | Hero Points: 0/3 | Conditions: wet 3

"Hey ... HEY! What's going on here?" Stokes asks. Watching the ooze grab a nearby orc, Stokes walks up to the creature. The ooze, that is. Everyone's a creature, hmm?

◆ Stride

"SIR, ARE YOU HURT? DO YOU NEED ASSISTANCE?"

Stokes suddenly begins sweating profusely - so profusely that a whole puddle of water emanates in a 10' emanation around him. A wave of water strikes the ooze.

◆ Channel Elements / 1-action Elemental Blast

Melee Elemental Blast, 1-action: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 vs flanking
Bludgeoning: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 7) + 4 = 14

If that hits, Stokes will move the ooze 5' to the NE, to attempt to break the grab. Not 100% sure how grab works with forced movement.

Stokes backs away when he realizes that the ooze is alive.

"Stay back, everyone!"

◆ Stride

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

The blast of sweat against the ooze launches it away from Arkon, the monster losing its grip!

Envoy's Alliance

Male Rite of Knowing Conrasu Fighter 6: HP:94/94, Spd:20, AC:24, Fort:13, Ref:13, Will:12, Perc:12, 1/1 Focus Points

Pulls out Taw Launcher, reloads it, then shoots at the black ooze hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 dmg: 2d10 ⇒ (10, 4) = 14 blunt.
Interact, reload, shoot.


CG Orcish Thiefling Champion 6 (Liberator) 88/88 hp AC=20 Fort=7 Ref=5 Wis=4

ONLY SUCCUBI GET TO GRABBLE ME GET THE F#~$ OFF ME AND F@@~ JUBILEX IN PARTICULAR! The burly tiefling shouts!

Redeemer queen, bless my escape!

Action 1:
attack: 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 4 + 5 = 27
damage battleaxe: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
The Thiefling struggles quite ably against the grab of the slime thing.

Action 2: BOINK

boink: 1d20 + 4 + 5 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 5 + 4 - 5 = 18

damage battleaxe: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Action 3: Raise shield

I hope I am not missing anything, 5 levels in champion, 4 from strength mo, 4 from proficiency right?

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

@Arkon Looking over your stats, that appears correct.

Rakdon launches a slug from the taw launcher at the ooze, and it connects!

As Arkon slashes his axe down deep into the pudding, the ooze splits into two! Then a horrifying realization dawns on the liberator; both halves of the ooze are alive and are both still very deadly.

Round 2: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Daylight
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: Crowds blocking exits!
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-0,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-0,Fine)

Red Ooze(-22,Fine)
Blue Ooze(-22,Fine)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-19,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-0,Fine)


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)

"And they reproduce?!" Ashes grits his teeth before channeling another, weaker spell. A small sphere of flame appears in his hand and he hurls it at one of the slimes, hoping to incinerate it before it can split again!

Then the agile elf curls up behind the fountain, not wanting beams of light or tendrils of ooze to make a mess of his good robes.

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
fire damage: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3, 2) + 4 = 13
also applies 3d4 persistent fire damage on a crit

Casting produce flame against the red slime, then taking cover behind the fountain.


CG Orcish Thiefling Champion 6 (Liberator) 88/88 hp AC=20 Fort=7 Ref=5 Wis=4

Vile heresy, they reproduce without intercourse! Unless...

The powerfully build thiefling looks questioningly at his axe

Koschthies phantom balls, Qlippoths beneath bugger my barely-existent lovelife did I just...

Some quite colorfull swearing emerges from the mercenaries mouth.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Rite of Knowing Conrasu Fighter 6: HP:94/94, Spd:20, AC:24, Fort:13, Ref:13, Will:12, Perc:12, 1/1 Focus Points
Arkon the liberator wrote:

Vile heresy, they reproduce without intercourse! Unless...

The powerfully build thiefling looks questioningly at his axe

Koschthies phantom balls, Qlippoths beneath bugger my barely-existent lovelife did I just...

Some quite colorfull swearing emerges from the mercenaries mouth.

Replies with an idea. That's alright, now the wizards in this party can hit both of them with burning hands. Or fireball. If we come across more of these things, Split them 2 or 3 times to make 3 or 4 of them, then burning hands or fireball them for triple or even quadruple the effect. That is of course if your axe really did cause that. I wonder if swords would do the trick too.


CE Skeleton Rogue 6 - Criminal - Exploration Act (Stealth or Deception; +14/+15) HP 66/66 | AC 24 | SVs F+8/R+14/W+11 | Speed 30 |Per +11

Clynter considers walking away from this fight, but then he remembers that it was a merchant who suddenly burst into slime and wonders how much money the man had in his purse.

I'll be damned to the Abyss if I'm going to let these other people get my share of the loot!, he thinks to himself as he moves back into position and fires a pair of arrows at the red ooze.

1st Strike: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

2nd Strike: 1d20 + 13 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 5 = 22
Piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

"Hey, do you think this thing has a brain, or is it completely mindless?"

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Round 2: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Daylight
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: Crowds blocking exits!
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-0,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-0,Fine)
Red Ooze(-22,Reflex Save)
Blue Ooze(-22,Fine)

Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-19,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-0,Fine)

GM Screen:

Ref Save DC: 21: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Flames consume the ooze, blasting it with immense heat that it bubbles and squeaks from. The arrows fly from Clynter, but once again they appear to be ineffective against the slimes.

The oozes move into position to lash out against targets that are deemed the nearest, Ashes and Rakdon!

Blue Pseudopod vs Ashes: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24
Damage vs Ashes: 2d8 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) + 7 + (4, 4) = 19

Ashes is smacked by the Pseudopod, and acid burns the vampire! It then wraps its pseudopod around Ashes, gripping tightly!

Red Pseudopod vs Rakdon: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
Damage vs Rakdon: 2d8 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (7, 6) + 7 + (2, 2) = 24

The ooze lashes out at Rakdon, smacking the Conrasu and gripping tightly!

Round 2: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Daylight
Active Buffs: Knowledge: You know that piercing and slashing do not deal damage to these oozes!
Active Penalties: Crowds blocking exits!
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-19,Grabbed)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-0,Fine)

Red Ooze(-50,Fine)
Blue Ooze(-22,Fine)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-19,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-24,Grabbed)


CG Orcish Thiefling Champion 6 (Liberator) 88/88 hp AC=20 Fort=7 Ref=5 Wis=4

Between turns as a reaction:

Redeemer queen, free my allies from non-consensual bondage!

liberating step on Ashes:

Trigger An enemy damages, Grabs, or Grapples your ally, and both are within 15 feet of you.You free an ally from restraint. If the trigger was an ally taking damage, the ally gains resistance to all damage against the triggering damage equal to 2 + your level. The ally can attempt to break free of effects grabbing, restraining, immobilizing, or paralyzing them. They either attempt a new save against one such effect that allows a save, or attempt to Escape from one effect as a free action. If they can move, the ally can Step as a free action, even if they didn’t need to escape.

Ashes takes 7 less damage and can attempt to escape as a free action.

In turn:
In my queens name, I shall provide succor to those suffering from grabby ugly things!
Focus spell lay on hands on Rakdon
Rakdon healed for 18 as its heightened to level 3.

Vile Slime things, I deny you the intercourse of my Axe!

He attempts to shield bash the slime attacking Rakdon

attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

And then brings his shield back up again.


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)

Ashes hisses through his teeth at the searing pain of that ooze's acid attack. As it takes hold, the elf maintains the grip on his umbrella as tightly as a warrior would grip his sword! Thankfully, a divine force seems to lend unseen protection and push him away from the monster.

Athletics to Escape: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

If the Escape works:

"Much appreciated, friend!" The elf gives a grateful bow before he realizes the angle of his umbrella and immedietly corrects himself. Wishing to minimize his time in the range of these things, he bolts between the two and towards the larger crowd before letting loose another bolt of fire!

Striding 30 feet northeast and then casting Produce Flame on blue

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
fire damage: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3, 1) + 4 = 11

If the Escape doesn't work:

"Not good not good..." He concentrates, placing a hand on his chest and begins to pour dark energies directly into his heart.

Flat Check to cast: 1d20 ⇒ 4
The spell is interrupted as the squeezing ooze makes him choke on the words! With his pale flesh singed, Ashes attempts to wriggle free of the ooze's grasp.

Athletics to Escape: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Envoy's Alliance

Male Rite of Knowing Conrasu Fighter 6: HP:94/94, Spd:20, AC:24, Fort:13, Ref:13, Will:12, Perc:12, 1/1 Focus Points

Action 1, stow ranged weapon
Action 2, pull out frying pan
Action 3, swing frying pan at ooze grabbing me hit: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29 dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 blunt
flat check since I'm grabbed: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Not to familiar with the manipulate action, but I have a feeling that 1 means I fail to pull out the frying pan, which means my action 3 will be to try to pull out the frying pan again and here is the 2nd flat check flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Slithering | CG male (he/him) river azarketi (Mwangi) kineticist (water) 6 | ◆◇↺ | AC 23 | HP 86/86 | P+9, F+14, R+11, W+11 | 20' (swim 30') | LLV, NH | Explore: Search | Hero Points: 0/3 | Conditions: wet 3

Stokes backs away from the slow creatures ◆, and then sends a jet of water out at Red ◆◆.

Elemental Blast: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
Bludgoening: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 4) + 4 = 15 plus push 5'

I will push it away from Kazavel, hoping to break the Grab.


CE Skeleton Rogue 6 - Criminal - Exploration Act (Stealth or Deception; +14/+15) HP 66/66 | AC 24 | SVs F+8/R+14/W+11 | Speed 30 |Per +11

Not wanting to waste any more arrows, Clynter moves up to the closest slime. With a flick of his wrist he has a wide bladed shortsword in his hand, which he uses to slice at the ooze.

Strike: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Slashing: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9

Strike, Agile: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 14 - 4 = 28
Slashing: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 1) + 2 = 7

Stride, Quickdraw, Strike

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Arkon uses his shield to bash the blue ooze, which proves far more effective than any slashing or piercing, but the acidic nature of the ooze seems to be eating at his shield!
Arkon Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Acid Damage to Weapon: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5
When the axe struck earlier, because it dealt no damage to the ooze it did not suffer the same effect.

Rakdon feels some magic relief from the healing that the stranger named Arkon provided, and is able to break free from his captor!

Stokes launches another high pressure blast of water at the ooze, and it appears quite affective! The ooze cannot maintain its grip on Ashes!
Ashes now has a new turn to take since his turn started not in grip

Clynter attempts to slash at the ooze with his sword, but the issues from before seem to be the same! The slashing deals no damage to the ooze, and then it splits once more!
Uh Oh!

Round 2: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Daylight
Active Buffs: Knowledge: You know that piercing and slashing do not deal damage to these oozes!
Active Penalties: Crowds blocking exits!
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-12,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-0,Fine)
Red Oozes(-32,Fine)
Blue Ooze(-30,Fine)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-19,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-6,Fine)
Green Ooze(-0,Fine)

Envoy's Alliance

Male Rite of Knowing Conrasu Fighter 6: HP:94/94, Spd:20, AC:24, Fort:13, Ref:13, Will:12, Perc:12, 1/1 Focus Points

Rakdon looks at Clynter as he creates another ooze That tactic only works if someone in our party has an area of effect spell and when you split them they get weaker. So far I haven't seen area of effect spells in our party. Say burning hands. The wizard can do burning hands of 10 damage to one ooze, or the wizard can do burning hands of 10 to four sperate oozes assuming each was split twice, in a sense the wizard did 40 damage instead of 10. minus reflex saves. I'm also assuming they get weaker upon a split. Say 1 of these things has 100 HP max, if you split that one into 2, the 2nd one has less than 100 HP max, say 50 and the 3rd and 4th ones have 25 HP. Create 8 of them, in theory they have 1/8 of the HP each. A fireball dealing 6d6 damage would probably wipe out all of them in go, vs one fireball to one of them with full HP would barely create a scratch.


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)

"Much appreciated!" the elf shouts towards the azarketi. Hoping to follow up on that aquatic attack, he unleashes more fire at the ooze. With one hand, he conjures a bolt of fire and flings it at the offending pudding. After unleashing the cantrip, he utters a few more words in a protective incantation.

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
fire damage, plus 3d4 persistent on a crit: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2, 3) + 4 = 13

Casting produce flame at red and then casting Shield. Kazavel will use the Shield Block reaction (hardness 10) against the next attack this round that comes his way.

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Round 3: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Daylight
Active Buffs: Knowledge: You know that piercing and slashing do not deal damage to these oozes!
Active Penalties: Crowds blocking exits!
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-12,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-0,Fine)
Red Oozes(-45,Dead)
Blue Ooze(-30,Fine)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-19,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-6,Fine)
Green Ooze(-0,Fine)

The flames splash the red ooze, and it bubbles and hisses before it pops! The red ooze is now dead, leaving now only the green and blue oozes!

The Blue ooze, having had its annoyance at the meddlesome Arkon, decides to target the follower of redemption. It lashes out!

Pseudopod vs Arkon: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31 CRITICAL!
Pseudopod Damage: 2d8 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 7 + (1, 3) = 19 30 Bludgeon, 8 Acid!

With its new prey captured, it launches a second pseudopod for its original prey, Rakdon!
Pseudopod vs Arkon: 1d20 + 18 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 18 - 5 = 16
Pseudopod Damage: 2d8 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) + 7 + (3, 2) = 16

Round 3: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Daylight
Active Buffs: Knowledge: You know that piercing and slashing do not deal damage to these oozes!
Active Penalties: Crowds blocking exits!
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-12,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-0,Fine)
Red Oozes(-45,Dead)
Blue Ooze(-30,Fine)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-57,Grabbed)
Rakdon Tripus(-6,Fine)

Green Ooze(-0,Fine)


Slithering | CG male (he/him) river azarketi (Mwangi) kineticist (water) 6 | ◆◇↺ | AC 23 | HP 86/86 | P+9, F+14, R+11, W+11 | 20' (swim 30') | LLV, NH | Explore: Search | Hero Points: 0/3 | Conditions: wet 3

Stokes sees Arkon in trouble, and moves in to carry him to safety ◆. But first, he lets some water wash over Arkon.

Ocean's Balm: 3d8 ⇒ (8, 4, 1) = 13

Realizing Arkon is grabbed, Stokes smacks the Blue ooze with a jet of water.

Elemental Blast, 1-action: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Bludgeoning: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 4 = 11


CG Orcish Thiefling Champion 6 (Liberator) 88/88 hp AC=20 Fort=7 Ref=5 Wis=4

Reaction
Shield block goes up

Arkon takes 5 less damage

OUCH

-39 I think taking into account the healing

Rest of turns depends on wether I am grabbed or not


Slithering | CG male (he/him) river azarketi (Mwangi) kineticist (water) 6 | ◆◇↺ | AC 23 | HP 86/86 | P+9, F+14, R+11, W+11 | 20' (swim 30') | LLV, NH | Explore: Search | Hero Points: 0/3 | Conditions: wet 3

Stokes cannot move the ooze - only a 2-action blast has that ability.

Envoy's Alliance

Male Rite of Knowing Conrasu Fighter 6: HP:94/94, Spd:20, AC:24, Fort:13, Ref:13, Will:12, Perc:12, 1/1 Focus Points

Action 1, put away pan now that I'm no longer in melee
Action 2, pull out Taw launcher
Action 3, load Taw Launcher.

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Round 3: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Daylight
Active Buffs: Knowledge: You know that piercing and slashing do not deal damage to these oozes!
Active Penalties: Crowds blocking exits!
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-12,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-0,Fine)
Red Oozes(-45,Dead)
Blue Ooze(-30,Fine)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-39,Grabbed)
Rakdon Tripus(-6,Fine)
Green Ooze(-0,Fine)

@Arkon You are still grabbed.


CG Orcish Thiefling Champion 6 (Liberator) 88/88 hp AC=20 Fort=7 Ref=5 Wis=4

Action 1

escape Atheletic: 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 15

Arkon struggles in presumed vain

Blyad, Redeemer queen I call upon thee!

escape Atheletic: 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 24

Action 2
It goes better after he invokes his patron.

May my shield be thy sacred boinkstick!

action 3 attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

And may it survive this fight, not looking too good!

Arkon escapes and does some bludgeoning damage!

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween Weekend!

Earlier, out in the outskirts, four wagons of students travel from their university to the Kibwe for a class field trip.

The youngest member of the class sweats and fidgets in their seat. "Oh bother, I am most uncertain of travel into the big city.." One of her upper class mates leans over and says "Fear not, I guarantee you nothing bad will happen."

AND NOW BAD THINGS ARE HAPPENING IN THE BIG CITY!

The younger student repents, "I do detest irony."

Round 3: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Daylight
Active Buffs: Knowledge: You know that piercing and slashing do not deal damage to these oozes!
Active Penalties: Crowds blocking exits!
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-12,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-0,Fine)
Red Oozes(-45,Dead)
Blue Ooze(-38,Fine)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-39,Grabbed)
Rakdon Tripus(-6,Fine)
Green Ooze(-0,Fine)

Arkon struggles against the ooze, but its grip is still to tight! He bashes against it's tentacle with his shield, causing damage but also splashing acid onto his shield!
Acid Damage vs Shield: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

The new green ooze that was split from slashing damage, and turns its pseudopod onto Clynter!

Pseudopod Attack VS Clynter: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
Pseudopod Damage vs Clynter: 2d8 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 7 + (4, 4) = 18

Pseudopod Attack VS Clynter: 1d20 + 18 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 18 - 5 = 28
Pseudopod Damage vs Clynter: 2d8 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (4, 7) + 7 + (6, 3) = 27

Upon successfully smacking the skeleman, the Pseudopod grabs onto him!

Round 4: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Daylight
Active Buffs: Knowledge: You know that piercing and slashing do not deal damage to these oozes! Metallic and Wooden weapons may take damage from striking the oozes!
Active Penalties: Crowds blocking exits!
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-12,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-27,Grabbed)

Red Oozes(-45,Dead)
Blue Ooze(-38,Fine)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-39,Grabbed)
Rakdon Tripus(-6,Fine)
Green Ooze(-0,Fine)


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)

"What a disgusting thing. Now be a friend and boil into vapor, won't you!?"

Casting Produce Flame at Green, followed by Shield

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
fire damage, 3d4 persistent on a crit: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3, 1) + 4 = 12

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Round 4: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Daylight
Active Buffs: Knowledge: You know that piercing and slashing do not deal damage to these oozes! Metallic and Wooden weapons may take damage from striking the oozes!
Active Penalties: Crowds blocking exits!
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-12,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-27,Fine)
Red Oozes(-45,Dead)
Blue Ooze(-38,Fine)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-39,Grabbed)
Rakdon Tripus(-6,Fine)
Green Ooze(-0,Dead)

The flames decimate the green ooze, turning it to a steaming and sizzling puddle!


CE Skeleton Rogue 6 - Criminal - Exploration Act (Stealth or Deception; +14/+15) HP 66/66 | AC 24 | SVs F+8/R+14/W+11 | Speed 30 |Per +11

Glittergrin drops the bow before stepping up the remaining ooze. Then with another smooth movement he pulls out a leather sap and delivers a series of swings to at the remaining ooze.

Strike: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Blunt, non-lethal: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Strike, agile: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 4 = 22
Blunt, non-lethal: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Step, Quick Draw, Strike. Of the first attack hits but doesn't deal damage, Clynter will apply a -2 penalty to make the second attack lethal.

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Round 4: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Daylight
Active Buffs: Knowledge: You know that piercing and slashing do not deal damage to these oozes! Metallic and Wooden weapons may take damage from striking the oozes!
Active Penalties: Crowds blocking exits!
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-12,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-27,Grabbed)
Red Oozes(-45,Dead)
Blue Ooze(-46,Fine)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-39,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-6,Fine)
Green Ooze(-0,Dead)

Clynter whacks the ooze with the sap, and lands both hits! Much to his surprise, the leather sap appears unaffected by the ooze's acidic body, but is able to damage the slime without issue.

The remaining ooze lashes out, striking once at each nearby target!

Targets:

Left to Right; Rakdon, Stokes, Arkon, Clynter
1d4 ⇒ 3
1d3 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 2
Arkon, Rakdon, Stokes

Pseudopod VS Arkon: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20
Pseudopod VS Arkon: 2d8 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (6, 8) + 7 + (4, 5) = 30

Pseudopod VS Rakdon: 1d20 + 18 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 18 - 5 = 33 CRITICAL!
Pseudopod VS Rakdon: 2d8 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (8, 7) + 7 + (5, 3) = 30 44 Physical, 16 Acid

Pseudopod VS Stokes: 1d20 + 18 - 10 ⇒ (8) + 18 - 10 = 16
Pseudopod VS Stokes: 2d8 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 7 + (2, 4) = 22

With its flailing, it lands a devastating blow against Stokes, but also releases Clynter in the process.

Round 4 & 5: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Daylight
Active Buffs: Knowledge: You know that piercing and slashing do not deal damage to these oozes! Metallic and Wooden weapons may take damage from striking the oozes!
Active Penalties: Crowds blocking exits!
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-12,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-27,Fine)

Red Oozes(-45,Dead)
Blue Ooze(-46,Fine)
Stokes Celerity(-60,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-39,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-6,Fine)

Green Ooze(-0,Dead)

All adventurers are now up!

Envoy's Alliance

Male Rite of Knowing Conrasu Fighter 6: HP:94/94, Spd:20, AC:24, Fort:13, Ref:13, Will:12, Perc:12, 1/1 Focus Points

Action 1, 5 foot step back
Action 2, fire loaded taw launcher hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34 dmg: 2d10 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7 blunt
Action 3, reload taw launcher


Slithering | CG male (he/him) river azarketi (Mwangi) kineticist (water) 6 | ◆◇↺ | AC 23 | HP 86/86 | P+9, F+14, R+11, W+11 | 20' (swim 30') | LLV, NH | Explore: Search | Hero Points: 0/3 | Conditions: wet 3

The text says that the pseudopod crit was versus Radkon, but the damage was applied to Stokes in the hit point tracker.

If Stokes took the crit:
◆ Ocean's Balm
◆ 1-action Elemental Blast, melee
◆ Stride 25' south

If Rakdon took the crit:
◆ 1-action Elemental Blast, melee
◆ Stride next to Rakdon
◆ Ocean's Balm

Ocean's Balm: 3d8 ⇒ (2, 1, 4) = 7

Elemental Blast: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Bludgeoning: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10


CG Orcish Thiefling Champion 6 (Liberator) 88/88 hp AC=20 Fort=7 Ref=5 Wis=4

Reaction Liberatiing step on whoever got grabbed

Trigger An enemy damages, Grabs, or Grapples your ally, and both are within 15 feet of you.You free an ally from restraint. If the trigger was an ally taking damage, the ally gains resistance to all damage against the triggering damage equal to 2 + your level. The ally can attempt to break free of effects grabbing, restraining, immobilizing, or paralyzing them. They either attempt a new save against one such effect that allows a save, or attempt to Escape from one effect as a free action. If they can move, the ally can Step as a free action, even if they didn’t need to escape.


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)

Once again, sending out some fire in hopes of cooking this thing for good. And also Shield because those things slap.

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
fire damage, 3d4 persistent on a crit: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1, 3) + 4 = 12

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Round 6: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Daylight
Active Buffs: Knowledge: You know that piercing and slashing do not deal damage to these oozes! Metallic and Wooden weapons may take damage from striking the oozes!
Active Penalties: Crowds blocking exits!
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-12,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-27,Fine)
Red Oozes(-45,Dead)
Blue Ooze(-75,Fine)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-39,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-59,Fine)
Green Ooze(-0,Dead)

@Stokes That was my bad. It was Rakdon who took the hit.
@Arkon Currently, no one is grabbed. If a grab happens again, be sure to remind me that you have Liberating Step and we can adjust accordingly.

Rakdon, Stokes, and Ashes all launch another volley at the ooze! It appears to be on its last pus puddles! Any more attacks may bring it down!

@Arkon and Clynter You are up!

1 to 50 of 181 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Worg's The Chaotic Slithering All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.