[PbP Gameday XII] Computerpro82 PF1 Year of the Shadow Lodge (Inactive)

Game Master Eric Parker 82

Google slides
RPG Chronicles


1 to 50 of 352 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Start

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Current Schedule:

Mustering Post: ~September 1st

Act One Start: September 4th

You can go ahead and start filling in the sign-in sheet and Google slides. Character introductions and roleplay can start here, but no scenario information will be posted before the event starts.

Sovereign Court

Male LN dhampir unchained rogue (bandit, knife master) 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 (+2 vs. disease/M-A)| Init: +10 | Perc: +7 (low-light, darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Active conditions: none | DO NOT CURE

A man who seems dressed to look like the illustration of a vampire in the sort of book used to scare children sits silently while awaiting information about this mission. As other Pathfinders arrive, he greets them coldly. "I am known as Egavreis, and I believe I have been summoned to ensure that no path before us is blocked.

"I do not react the way most do to healing spells, and I will thank everyone not to use traditional methods on me. I have my own supplies," the dhampir continues, pointing to a belt pouch.


Season of Ghosts

**House GM Announcement**

The City of Absalom is abuzz with excitement. The streets are full of revelers and feasting, as residents celebrate the city’s independence from tyranny. All seem most eager to witness the evening’s biggest event, the annual Passion of the First Siege of Absalom, where hundreds dress in elaborate costume, don fake armor and weaponry, and crowd the Irorium floor to participate in a mock combat, reenacting the first siege of Absalom. I suggest you do what you need to prepare yourselves and then get to the Irorium to find yourselves some seats.
______________

Table GMs, the Irorium gates are open. Please run the introduction and describe the setting while we are finishing mustering. Do not begin Act 1 until my announcement on the 4th.

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune (Nine Tailed Heir) Sorcerer 4 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 22/22 | CMD 14 | F+4,R+5,W+5 | Init+5, Perception+0 | Low light vision 60’ |

Yulau nods at the man, Egavreis. ”Lost of healing magic for you….got it,” she says with a laugh. ”Im Yulau. Pleasure to meet you. I’m not 100% why they mustered me for this exactly. But I’ll enjoy the party, I wager!”

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Still looking for Wither and Razisus to fill in the sign-in sheet.

As you make your way through the streets, a lean-faced man hiding behind a long cowl slips alongside. “A moment of your time,” he says and pulls you aside, into the shadows of a nearby alley. “It seems we have two things in common, an eagerness to participate in good celebration, and this…” He punctuates his sentence by holding out an elaborately carved wayfinder, the type only granted to Pathfinders of great importance. “I assure you, its mine,” he adds quickly, closing the device and tucking it back into the folds of his cloak with a quick, easy motion. Then he continues, “I know a good number of you are already planning to attend the festivities this evening. I need but a casual favor. An old associate of mine, Charvion Eater-of–Bones is set to make an elaborate display of some artifact he claims to have recovered. I’ve not had contact with him in a year or so, and I’ve a curious feeling about the event. More I cannot say; however, I’d appreciate you keeping an eye on whatever stunt he’s considering. He’s a natural charlatan that one. Just keep an eye out is all—nothing serious. Don’t let him know that you’re watching, and do not approach the artifact during the showing. Most importantly, tell no one of this conversation.”

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune (Nine Tailed Heir) Sorcerer 4 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 22/22 | CMD 14 | F+4,R+5,W+5 | Init+5, Perception+0 | Low light vision 60’ |

”Ive never heard of him. Anything else we might need to know? You are being pretty vague, even for someone from the Society…”

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

That's all I know to tell you. This is more of a feeling than real information. The figure moves off into an alley as you move toward the Irorium.

At the Irorium, you are assigned seats by tier as you enter. Lower tier groups are given mezzanine seats, while only those in the highest tier (10-11) receive field level seats.

Irorium Layout (Exits and Seating)
The Irorium has five public entrances, the main gate and four side gates. A sixth gate to the south is a work entrance reserved for gladiators, arena workers, and other performers.
Main Gate: The main gates face north (map left). On the mezzanine level, a 20-foot-wide stone arch opens onto an equally wide marble stairwell that descends out onto the street. The stairwell corridor is 300 feet long. At street level, the corridor can be barricaded with a pair of barred iron gates.
Side Gates: There are four side exits, all connected to the mezzanine level. Each exit leads through a 20-foot-wide stone arch that opens to an equally wide marble stairwell, which in turn descends out onto the street. On the mezzanine level, the stairwell corridor is 300 feet long.
The upper level stairwells are 500 feet long. At the street level, the corridor can be barricaded with a pair of barred iron gates.
Service Exit: The service exit is located on the arena floor, just behind the makeshift stage. Only Irorium workers and performers are permitted to use it; anyone attempting to pass through the doors without permits is denied. All would-be trespassers are sent off by a platoon of surly guards. Beyond the entrance, a main passage connects to side chambers used by gladiators and arena workers. All creatures, gladiators, workers, and others involved with events use this route to gain access to the arena floor.
The Irorium has four seating levels. To avoid undue attention, the Society has provided the Pathfinders with seats according to their stature, based on the group’s Tier status. The highest tier is provided with field level tickets. The remaining Tiers are provided with mezzanine level seats. Those with field tickets may sit anywhere. Those with mezzanine seats are permitted to sit anywhere in mezzanine or the three levels above. There are no specific assigned seats; seating is general and all seating consists of stone or wooden bleachers.

1. Field Seats: These seats are on the lowest level, closest to the ring. They are reserved for important and wealthy attendees. Field seats are accessible by descending staircases from the mezzanine level.

2. The Mezzanine: This level sits just above the field seats, though it is entirely separated from them. The mezzanine has a slight overhang that extends over the last two rows of field seats. These seats are open to the general public; however, they cost a couple of gold pieces apiece (depending upon the event), and thus their occupants tend to be middle and upper class citizens. The mezzanine is the central hub of the Irorium, providing access to all other levels as well as the most of the exits. It connects to five of the Irorium’s exits: the main gate and the four side exits. From the mezzanine, several sets of stairs climb to the upper levels as well as descend to the field seats.

3. Terrace: The Terrace consists entirely of open-air tone bleachers carved into the structure of the Irorium. The view of the field is still good enough to observe events. A terrace seat usually costs a few silvers. Stairs from the mezzanine provide access to the terrace.

4. Grandstands: This level consists of rickety wooden bleachers. Seats cost a few coppers, or are sometimes free, depending on the event. Stairs from the Terrace provide access to the grandstands

5. The Ledge: The top level of the Irorium is a broad, 15-foot-wide railed ledge that encircles the entire arena. It is so far away from the arena floor that it provides only a pitiful view of events below. Stairs from the grandstands provide access to the ledge.

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Scholar 4 | hp 31 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 18 (varies) | F +4 R +7 W +0 | Spd 35' | Init +6 | KnHis +4, KnLoc +7, KnNob +4, Perc +7, SensM +4 |
Egavreis wrote:

A man who seems dressed to look like the illustration of a vampire in the sort of book used to scare children sits silently while awaiting information about this mission. As other Pathfinders arrive, he greets them coldly. "I am known as Egavreis, and I believe I have been summoned to ensure that no path before us is blocked.

"I do not react the way most do to healing spells, and I will thank everyone not to use traditional methods on me. I have my own supplies," the dhampir continues, pointing to a belt pouch.

A pale, blonde elf, in scholar's robes wandering through the crowd stops at Egavreis's pronouncement and says "Um, that's a bit T.M.I."

She shrugs and continues on "but 'when in Absalom,' I suppose. Ahem, I have this reoccurring rash just here." she points. "It itches like the dickens on days when it's damp out. Uh, I'm Solemnia, and I'm just here on advice from my proctor. He said I should get out more and take in some sun before I scare the rest of the scholars into thinking the school is haunted. You see it's because I'm usually at my studies, and um...." Solemnia laughs nervously. Stops and looks about unsure of what to do or say next.

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Scholar 4 | hp 31 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 18 (varies) | F +4 R +7 W +0 | Spd 35' | Init +6 | KnHis +4, KnLoc +7, KnNob +4, Perc +7, SensM +4 |
GM Computerpro82 wrote:
As you make your way through the streets, a lean-faced man hiding behind a long cowl slips alongside. “A moment of your time,” he says and pulls you aside, into the shadows of a nearby alley. “It seems we have two things in common, an eagerness to participate in good celebration, and this…” He punctuates his sentence by holding out an elaborately carved wayfinder, the type only granted to Pathfinders of great importance. “I assure you, its mine,” he adds quickly, closing the device and tucking it back into the folds of his cloak with a quick, easy motion. Then he continues, “I know a good number of you are already planning to attend the festivities this evening."

"Um, we are?"

GM Computerpro82 wrote:
"I need but a casual favor. An old associate of mine, Charvion Eater-of–Bones is set to make an elaborate display of some artifact he claims to have recovered. I’ve not had contact with him in a year or so, and I’ve a curious feeling about the event."

"Maybe it's the weather. You see I get this rash; just here, that-"

GM Computerpro82 wrote:
"More I cannot say; however, I’d appreciate you keeping an eye on whatever stunt he’s considering. He’s a natural charlatan that one. Just keep an eye out is all—nothing serious. Don’t let him know that you’re watching, and do not approach the artifact during the showing. Most importantly, tell no one of this conversation.”

"Artifact?!?" squeaks Solemnia.

Sovereign Court

Male LN dhampir unchained rogue (bandit, knife master) 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 (+2 vs. disease/M-A)| Init: +10 | Perc: +7 (low-light, darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Active conditions: none | DO NOT CURE

"Intrigues upon intrigues," Egavreis muses as the strange message-bearer departs. "It seems that for the moment, we are being asked to do nothing and say nothing, so I shall take this as an appreciated warning that something will be getting out of hand." As he moves to his seats - clearly not as good as he deserves - he scans the crowd for anyone fitting the description given.


N (Female) Human Blight Druid 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T13, FF 17 | F +7, R +4, W +11 | Perc +14, low-light vision | Init +6 | Speed 30 | Wild Shape 1/1 | Spells 1 5/5, 2 4/4, 3 2/2 | Active condition: Miasma DC18

Overwhelmed by the merry noise, a pale, lean, weak-looking human staggers along the crowd. "Celebrations..." The gloom on her face grows as the Irorium becomes closer. Hearing the others introducing themselves, she follows, "Wither, my name." She tries to think of something more to say, but ends up uttering no more words.

Apparantly, she is more comfortable after being pulled into the alley, and listens quietly to the stranger, nearly falls over when Solemnia's scream scares her.

"Do nothing and say nothing. Doesn't it sound nice? I wish I could do so when something does happen." Wither squeezes herself on her seat, though the seat is actually wide enough.

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Please feel free to place yourselves on the Irorium map now added to the slides.

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Scholar 4 | hp 31 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 18 (varies) | F +4 R +7 W +0 | Spd 35' | Init +6 | KnHis +4, KnLoc +7, KnNob +4, Perc +7, SensM +4 |

"I don't think we're supposed to be sitting down here." Solemnia says wandering across the sandy arena floor.

"E-excuse me. Do you know where section 'Directly Behind the Southwest Pillar' is?" she innocently asks the biggest, meanest-looking representative of authority she can find.

I'm not sure the numbers made the transition with the map.

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Solemnia, they absolutely did not. To quote from the scenario: "keep in mind that the layout of the Irorium is different from the map on page 8 used for the combat encounter—the map is meant to assist you in combat, not directly reproduce the arena."

We make do with what we have, and this was a pretty early scenario, so not many resources were available.

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Scholar 4 | hp 31 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 18 (varies) | F +4 R +7 W +0 | Spd 35' | Init +6 | KnHis +4, KnLoc +7, KnNob +4, Perc +7, SensM +4 |

Is there a place on the abstracted map that we are supposed to be seated in?

"Am I in the wrong arena?" thinks Solemnia out loud, wandering lost through the crowd. I feel as though there is a 'crowd' of costumed party-goers here, or at the very least a 'gathering' or 'smattering' of people.

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

The arena will be filling with abstracted people. You can sit wherever you care to. I'll add some crowd figures if you like.

One clarification. The Passion re-enactment will occur before anything else happens, so you don't want to be on the arena floor for that.

Grand Lodge

”Razisus” | Male LN Medium (Garundi) Human Cleric of Pharasma 3 | HP 9+1/18 | AC 17+2, T 11,+2 FF 16+2 | CMD 15| F +3 R +3 W +7 | Init +1 | Perc +3; SM +3 | Speed 30ft (20 ft. in armor)| Channel negative energy 0/5 (DC16), Bleeding touch 6/6 | Active Conditions: None.
Skills:
Diplomacy +8 (+9 vs. characters who could be attracted to you), Heal +9, Knowledge (local) +7, Knowledge (religion) +7, Spellcraft +7

Sorry for the delayed arrival. Should be good to go now.

Egavreis wrote:
"I do not react the way most do to healing spells, and I will thank everyone not to use traditional methods on me. I have my own supplies," the dhampir continues, pointing to a belt pouch.

"There is a reason for that!" declares a man with sun-darkened skin, his look rather stern as he eyes the dhampir with suspicion.

Then, a wide smile fills his face and he bows, "But, if the Lady of Graves seeks to bless you through me, then it shall be. And, if not, then you can lodge your concerns with the goddess herself when you meet her."

"I, too, believe I am never but a few instances away from her sweet embrace," he continues, "But the timing is a matter of her wisdom, not mine. Until then, I feel it best to simply usher those she summons with some hospitality. True hospitality is an act of worship. An appreciation for the present moment and an acknowledgement of the respect due to each individual--for the domain of the goddess makes us all equal before her throne."

GM Computerpro82 wrote:
“I know a good number of you are already planning to attend the festivities this evening. I need but a casual favor. An old associate of mine, Charvion Eater-of–Bones is set to make an elaborate display of some artifact he claims to have recovered. I’ve not had contact with him in a year or so, and I’ve a curious feeling about the event. More I cannot say; however, I’d appreciate you keeping an eye on whatever stunt he’s considering. He’s a natural charlatan that one. Just keep an eye out is all—nothing serious. Don’t let him know that you’re watching, and do not approach the artifact during the showing. Most importantly, tell no one of this conversation.”

"I aim to serve," Razisus replies with a bow. "And vigilant, I can be. But, tell me, how are we to recognize this 'natural charlatan'?"

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune (Nine Tailed Heir) Sorcerer 4 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 22/22 | CMD 14 | F+4,R+5,W+5 | Init+5, Perception+0 | Low light vision 60’ |

As a dedicated phone poster, I’d appreciate someone placing my token anywhere on the map. Doesn’t matter where. Thanks!

Yulau was still a bit concerned about the lack of details, but she shrugs her shoulders and finds a place to sit, so she can watch the spectacle and make sure nothing untowards happened.

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

I placed Yulau's token. BTW, are you posting from Android or Apple? If you are on Android, you can download the Google Slides(?) app. It allows you to edit slides outside the browser. That is what I use when I need to post from my android tablet. It looks like there is a version available for Apple.

Liberty's Edge

Female Elf Scholar 4 | hp 31 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 18 (varies) | F +4 R +7 W +0 | Spd 35' | Init +6 | KnHis +4, KnLoc +7, KnNob +4, Perc +7, SensM +4 |

"I'm heading for the concessions. Did anyone want one of those big turkey legs?"

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune (Nine Tailed Heir) Sorcerer 4 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 22/22 | CMD 14 | F+4,R+5,W+5 | Init+5, Perception+0 | Low light vision 60’ |

Im on apple. I’ve tried to use slides, but somehow I always end up screwing up the size of the map when I try and post something to it!


Season of Ghosts

**House GM Announcement**

"Welcome to Absalom!" The MC's voice, magically enhanced, booms throughout the arena. "On this glorious eve we gather again in celebration of our wonderful city and its freedom from tyranny. We present to you all—the Passion of the First Siege of Absalom! A performance great and terrible, reenacting Absalom’s victorious slaughter of Warlord Voradni Voon’s troops upon the city’s rocky shores. As the highlight of this year's performance, directly following the Passion, the Pathfinder Society has generously agreed to a public unveiling of its latest acquisition, a terrifying device dredged from ancient ruins in the Mwangi Expanse. And now, ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats. The performance is about to begin."

The Passion is long, tediously so, though the rowdy crowds more than entertain themselves, booing and cheering the performers and throwing rotten cabbages. In all, it turns out to be a fine afternoon of celebration.

Following the performance, a large stage is wheeled in to the west side of the Irorium. The stage is covered with a large curtain. Beneath is a scaled set of a ruin and in the center stands a bizarre, cage-like structure of weathered metal covered with strange runes and other ornate etchings. A man who fits the description of the Pathfinder known as Charvion Eater-of-Bones stands next to the cage.

"Good evening, friends! On this auspicious night I present to you an incredible spectacle, the type of which you have never seen before. From the darkest jungles of Mwangi, I have procured an ancient device, an artifact capable of ripping through the very cloth of our reality!"

Charvion touches something on the cage, and it falls open, slowly unfolding like a blossoming flower. He steps inside, and the cage begins to close around him, crackling with swirling tendrils of mystic, silvery ether. In an ominous and unearthly voice he bellows, "I am now fused to the ethereal plane—the realm of ghosts! Ask me what you will, and the dead shall answer through me! But be wary of what you seek, for you may not like the answers."
______________

GMs you have one day for the crowd to ask questions of the spirits through Charvion.

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

You are all invited to ogle the display while Charvion’s onstage assistants aid him in taking questions from the crowd so that he might ask them of the spirits.

Do any of you have any questions?

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Scholar 4 | hp 31 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 18 (varies) | F +4 R +7 W +0 | Spd 35' | Init +6 | KnHis +4, KnLoc +7, KnNob +4, Perc +7, SensM +4 |
GM Ladile wrote:

**House GM Announcement**

"Welcome to Absalom!" The MC's voice, magically enhanced, booms throughout the arena. "On this glorious eve we gather again in celebration of our wonderful city and its freedom from tyranny."

"Right! Instead we have an un-elected council of twelve oligarchs, led by a 'Primarch' who's held the title for over half a century! YAY! Freedom!" cheers Solemnia waving her greasy turkey leg without a shed of irony.

GM Ladile wrote:
"We present to you all—the Passion of the First Siege of Absalom! A performance great and terrible, reenacting Absalom’s victorious slaughter of Warlord Voradni Voon’s troops upon the city’s rocky shores. As the highlight of this year's performance, directly following the Passion, the Pathfinder Society has generously agreed to a public unveiling of its latest acquisition, a terrifying device dredged from ancient ruins in the Mwangi Expanse. And now, ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats. The performance is about to begin."

"This is going to be GREAT! It almost reminds me of the time the Grand Lodge built that decorative, time-traveling, flower garden. Remember? It hasn't happened yet, but I remember it like it was tomorrow."

Throughout the opening festivities the timid scholar lets her freak flag fly joiing in the cheers for someone named "MAX-I-MUS! MAX-I-MUS! MAX-I-MUS!" doing the wave, and generally getting greasy turkey fat all over the place.

GM Ladile wrote:

Following the performance, a large stage is wheeled in to the west side of the Irorium. The stage is covered with a large curtain. Beneath is a scaled set of a ruin and in the center stands a bizarre, cage-like structure of weathered metal covered with strange runes and other ornate etchings. A man who fits the description of the Pathfinder known as Charvion Eater-of-Bones stands next to the cage.

"Good evening, friends! On this auspicious night I present to you an incredible spectacle, the type of which you have never seen before. From the darkest jungles of Mwangi, I have procured an ancient device, an artifact capable of ripping through the very cloth of our reality!"

Charvion touches something on the cage, and it falls open, slowly unfolding like a blossoming flower. He steps inside, and the cage begins to close around him, crackling with swirling tendrils of mystic, silvery ether. In an ominous and unearthly voice he bellows, "I am now fused to the ethereal plane—the realm of ghosts! Ask-"

"Excuse me. Pardon. Excuse me." Solemnia stands up in the middle of Charvion's pitch and makes her way to privy. "Excuse me. Coming through. Pardon me. Excuse me. Pardon."

She makes her way to somewhere she can have a little bit of cover, but can still see the stage from.

Grand Lodge

”Razisus” | Male LN Medium (Garundi) Human Cleric of Pharasma 3 | HP 9+1/18 | AC 17+2, T 11,+2 FF 16+2 | CMD 15| F +3 R +3 W +7 | Init +1 | Perc +3; SM +3 | Speed 30ft (20 ft. in armor)| Channel negative energy 0/5 (DC16), Bleeding touch 6/6 | Active Conditions: None.
Skills:
Diplomacy +8 (+9 vs. characters who could be attracted to you), Heal +9, Knowledge (local) +7, Knowledge (religion) +7, Spellcraft +7
GM Ladile wrote:
Charvion touches something on the cage, and it falls open, slowly unfolding like a blossoming flower. He steps inside, and the cage begins to close around him, crackling with swirling tendrils of mystic, silvery ether. In an ominous and unearthly voice he bellows, "I am now fused to the ethereal plane—the realm of ghosts! Ask me what you will, and the dead shall answer through me! But be wary of what you seek, for you may not like the answers."

Hearing Charvion's boast of the capabilities of the artifact, Razisus is eager to be heard. "I have no fear of answers, but dread only the lack thereof!"

The cleric pushes his way closer, trying to ensure that his questions are heeded. "As a servant of Death, the Mother of Souls, the Gray Lady herself, I must ask this of any of those dead that wander the ethereal plane: 'What is it that has kept you from your final reward? What has drawn you from your migration via the River of Souls? And, most importantly, what may this humble attendant do for you so to aid you on your rightful way to Pharasma's Boneyard?"

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune (Nine Tailed Heir) Sorcerer 4 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 22/22 | CMD 14 | F+4,R+5,W+5 | Init+5, Perception+0 | Low light vision 60’ |

Yulau didn’t have any good questions that the undead might know, so she sat silently and waited for the others to chime in.

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Responding to Razisus:Each spirit must be dealt with in turn, for there are many reasons for a spirit to be kept here. Unexpressed love that must be expressed, vengeance taken for crimes committed, secrets found that are long buried. No one answer is possible.

Grand Lodge

”Razisus” | Male LN Medium (Garundi) Human Cleric of Pharasma 3 | HP 9+1/18 | AC 17+2, T 11,+2 FF 16+2 | CMD 15| F +3 R +3 W +7 | Init +1 | Perc +3; SM +3 | Speed 30ft (20 ft. in armor)| Channel negative energy 0/5 (DC16), Bleeding touch 6/6 | Active Conditions: None.
Skills:
Diplomacy +8 (+9 vs. characters who could be attracted to you), Heal +9, Knowledge (local) +7, Knowledge (religion) +7, Spellcraft +7

Recalling the warnings that Charvion may be less than forthright, Razisus grows visibly indignant. "We were told to expect answers and, then, that not one is possible?!"

The man pauses for a moment, as one about to let loose a torrent of anger, but then stops. He lowers the tone of his voice. He bows, before saying, "Forgive me, for I am only eager to be of assistance. Yet, I acknowledge that I am but one mortal man. My remaining days are no doubt short, and my capabilities likewise with limit. Thus, I implore you to allow me to convey my request to but one soul."

"If 'no one answer is possible', then please let it be, for me, possible to one answer know," entreats the Pharasmin. "Tell me how I may be of aid, if no possibly to other, to but one soul. And speak as to what this one may do to aid but one soul to the judgment throne of the Lady of Mysteries."

Sovereign Court

Male LN dhampir unchained rogue (bandit, knife master) 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 (+2 vs. disease/M-A)| Init: +10 | Perc: +7 (low-light, darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Active conditions: none | DO NOT CURE

Egavreis silently thanks the showman for not focusing on him. His purpose would be seen as less noble by most. And again, for not having to follow Razusus' tortured sentence. He moves to a spot where he will be able to quickly approach the one with the artifact or depart quickly, should the need for either arise.

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Responding to Razisus: I have someone who died in a house in the Precipice Quarter. They seem confused. Someone must discover the truth about the crimes leading to their death.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Scholar 4 | hp 31 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 18 (varies) | F +4 R +7 W +0 | Spd 35' | Init +6 | KnHis +4, KnLoc +7, KnNob +4, Perc +7, SensM +4 |

While the crowd is distracted and she has some cover Solemnia says the command word that affects her transformation from a mild-mannered scholar, at a great metropolitan research university and into the Lady of Laughter, that Costumed Queen of Chaos, the Clown Princess of Anarchy, the Mirthful Maiden of Mayhem--


Female Elf Fighter (cad) 2/unRogue (ms, uc) 2 | hp 31 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 18 (varies) | F +4 R +7 W +0 | Spd 35' | Init +6 | KnHis +4, KnLoc +7, KnNob +4, Perc +7, SensM +4 |

MADCAP!!

Has a hat of disguise that changes her manner of look from a timid scholar in robes to that of a manic, white-faced clown in a form-fitting black, red and gold jester's motley.

Like Egavreis, she looks for a place near the action, but still in the shadows. In fact, you could probably put them together as they quietly back into one another.

Sovereign Court

Lady Alya De-Qill Investigator - Psychic Detective [L4] [LN] HP 23/23|AC17/21,T13/17,FF14/18|F +1*/R+7/W+5|CMB +3, CMD 15|Init+3|Per+10| SM +8/+8* | Ins6/6 day | LLV 120' |

Sorry for the late start, filled everything out now. Its good to be playing with a good group.

A tall Noble-looking Alf comes and sits next to Egavreis. Well-dressed but by her looks a Lesser Noble elf. Her clothing was a uniform of some kind, fitted and tailored in Black with gold trimmings. Meant for riding, could it be a house cavalry one. As on her belt was a well-made slim blade and dagger, the black and gold seemed to be a theme. She took out a notebook and wrote down something before slipping it away. As she does she turns and smiles at Egavreis nodding to a fellow Noble, then turns back at the act. His keen eyes pick up she is more than she seems, as she seems to be keeping a very close eye on what is going on, not just the stage but also the crewed.

As Egavreis moves to a new spot and settles in. This tall Elf waits then comes and stands close to him again.

Is she interested in him, he was after all a handsome noble. When he looks at her she winks at him and goes back to watching what is going on. Could be a wink no less. Then from the side of her mouth so only he could hear, she says.

"Odd man in the street asking you to keep an eye"
She nods at the stage
"Don't be shocked, I spotted him talking to your group after me"

A hand holds out a business card. On it was written in a number of languages,

Lady Alya De-Qill
Investigator
Affordable rates

A smile on her face she turned to him.

"I'm charging for my time, I do hope you are"

Her manners and tone, showed her to be a real noble. What he does next is up to him, But she hoped he would be willing to work with her. It would be good to work with a fellow Noble.


N (Female) Human Blight Druid 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T13, FF 17 | F +7, R +4, W +11 | Perc +14, low-light vision | Init +6 | Speed 30 | Wild Shape 1/1 | Spells 1 5/5, 2 4/4, 3 2/2 | Active condition: Miasma DC18
GM Ladile wrote:

"Good evening, friends! On this auspicious night I present to you an incredible spectacle, the type of which you have never seen before. From the darkest jungles of Mwangi, I have procured an ancient device, an artifact capable of ripping through the very cloth of our reality!"

Charvion touches something on the cage, and it falls open, slowly unfolding like a blossoming flower. He steps inside, and the cage begins to close around him, crackling with swirling tendrils of mystic, silvery ether. In an ominous and unearthly voice he bellows, "I am now fused to the ethereal plane—the realm of ghosts! Ask...

Sigh… Now this is how things go wrong…

Wither moves forward a bit, with a sinking feeling that some disaster is about to come. She keeps some distance between Razisus, who is now under attention, and hides behind the seats. She tightens her grip on the spear on her back.


Season of Ghosts

**House GM Announcement**

A low, droning horn suddenly rises over the cacophonous throng. Soon after, it is joined by a second horn, then a third, then dozens. A moment later, the more perceptive spectators notice small black dots appear on the horizon.

What are those horns? Kn. History (DC 20):

These sound like ancient hunting horns.
If you matched DC 25 on this check, open the spoiler below.
Spoiler:

These sound like Ulfen Linnorm horns, used in the Land of the Linnorm Kings to hunt dragons.


The spots grow steadily larger and the crowd begins to panic as it becomes clear what the spots are: a flight of dragons, headed directly toward the arena! Pandemonium reigns as spectators and staff alike abandon their positions and scramble toward the exits.

A massive black dragon dives through the center of the Irorium, spewing gouts of acid onto the arena floor. She heads straight for the small stage where Charvion stands within the cage. Striking with both claws, she plucks the artifact free from the base, shattering the stage and sending remnants of the mock ruins everywhere. The creature lifts into the air, with Charvion clinging to the bars and screaming in terror. The great beast continues her flight, winging off toward the Grand Lodge. A few short moments later, rattling explosions shake the city, and a shimmering column of pale, silvery light shoots up out of the grounds of the Grand Lodge and into the night sky.
______________

GMs, please begin the Dragon Attack encounter.

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Moments after the black dragon snatches Charvion away, more dragons arrive. On their backs they carry small groups of goblins, and as soon as the dragons hit the ground, the goblins jump off and attack. Not all of the goblins are elegant in their dismount: some simply fall off their dragon, and others jump poorly and break bones, flailing about the arena and squealing in pain.

GM Screen:

encounter: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Go ahead roll Initiative, but your first encounter is with the Acidic Black Dragon Drool.
Everyone needs to make a Reflex save DC 14 or take Acid damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

Sovereign Court

Male LN dhampir unchained rogue (bandit, knife master) 3 | HP 18/18 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMB +1, CMD 15 | F: +1, R: +7, W: +0 (+2 vs. disease/M-A)| Init: +10 | Perc: +7 (low-light, darkvision 60 ft.), SM: +3 | Speed 30 ft. | Active conditions: none | DO NOT CURE

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Grand Lodge

”Razisus” | Male LN Medium (Garundi) Human Cleric of Pharasma 3 | HP 9+1/18 | AC 17+2, T 11,+2 FF 16+2 | CMD 15| F +3 R +3 W +7 | Init +1 | Perc +3; SM +3 | Speed 30ft (20 ft. in armor)| Channel negative energy 0/5 (DC16), Bleeding touch 6/6 | Active Conditions: None.
Skills:
Diplomacy +8 (+9 vs. characters who could be attracted to you), Heal +9, Knowledge (local) +7, Knowledge (religion) +7, Spellcraft +7

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Female Elf Fighter (cad) 2/unRogue (ms, uc) 2 | hp 31 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 18 (varies) | F +4 R +7 W +0 | Spd 35' | Init +6 | KnHis +4, KnLoc +7, KnNob +4, Perc +7, SensM +4 |

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

"Horns? Oh! Maybe it's elephants trumpeting!"

GM Ladile wrote:
A massive black dragon dives through the center of the Irorium, spewing gouts of acid onto the arena floor.

"It's not elephants then? Shame really. I was really looking forward to elephants."

Reflex save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 GM, was that save for half damage?
Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

GM Ladile wrote:
The great beast continues her flight, winging off toward the Grand Lodge. A few short moments later, rattling explosions shake the city, and a shimmering column of pale, silvery light shoots up out of the grounds of the Grand Lodge and into the night sky.
GM Computerpro82 wrote:
Moments after the black dragon snatches Charvion away, more dragons arrive. On their backs they carry small groups of goblins, and as soon as the dragons hit the ground, the goblins jump off and attack. Not all of the goblins are elegant in their dismount: some simply fall off their dragon, and others jump poorly and break bones, flailing about the arena and squealing in pain.

"WOW! The Grand Council looks to be going all out this year!" says the still sizzling performer in the party's midst. In spite of the acidic splash, the jester smiles. "Although they'll owe me for a new outfit. This look doesn't come cheap."

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune (Nine Tailed Heir) Sorcerer 4 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 22/22 | CMD 14 | F+4,R+5,W+5 | Init+5, Perception+0 | Low light vision 60’ |

Reflex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Yulau was a bit distracted and took a blast of acid to the chest.

Sovereign Court

Female Kitsune (Nine Tailed Heir) Sorcerer 4 | AC 13/13/10 | HP 22/22 | CMD 14 | F+4,R+5,W+5 | Init+5, Perception+0 | Low light vision 60’ |

Earlier Know. History 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
——

”Oh hey, that sounds like ancient hunting horns. Wounded what that means?”

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Madcap, the save avoids all damage, not half.

GM Screen:

rounds between encounters: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Next encounter: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Goblin Initiative Red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Goblin Initiative Black: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Goblin Initiative Blue: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Goblin Initiative Orange: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Goblin Initiative Yellow: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Goblin Initiative Green: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

While we are waiting for our other two players, you will have a few rounds between combat encounters here. You can start taking actions for those intervening rounds.

Dragon Attack: Round 1

Bold may act

Madcap 31/31 HP
Egavreis 9/18 HP
Razisus 9/18 HP
Yulau 13/22 HP
Wither 35/35 HP
Lady Alya De Qill 18/18 HP

Sovereign Court

Lady Alya De-Qill Investigator - Psychic Detective [L4] [LN] HP 23/23|AC17/21,T13/17,FF14/18|F +1*/R+7/W+5|CMB +3, CMD 15|Init+3|Per+10| SM +8/+8* | Ins6/6 day | LLV 120' |


Kn. History (DC 20) 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 10 + (5) = 34
Ref Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Profession(Law Enforcement) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Alya thought fast, as soon as she saw the black dots she knew something was afoot. Then the Dragons came spewing acid, and taking the stage and its act away.

She sprang up, Tall and in her uniform, she pushing a woman and child out of the way of a jet of Acid. But then she had to make a near-impossible back would leap to save herself. Not even flustered, her mind was on what needed to be done. The artifact was gone, now it was about saving the citizenry from the follow-on attacks.

At the top of her lungs, she shouts to the throng.

"EVERYONE OUT NOW!!"

Most did not need much encouragement, Black dragons will do that, but some stand in shock, She starts pushing them to the exits, Shouting over to Egavreis and anyone with him.

"Help me get these bystanders out"

She sees the dragon dropship dump their Goblin's cargo.
She pulls her blade and casts a shield on herself.
Then to anyone around still there.

"If you any good in a fight, then follow me, we need to take these goblins out"

Here was a noble doing what they should do, stand up for the weak, save lives, and maintain the rule of law. The Female elf meant business.

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

Dragon Attack: Round 1

Bold may act

Madcap 31/31 HP
Egavreis 9/18 HP
Lady Alya De Qill 18/18 HP
Razisus 9/18 HP
Yulau 13/22 HP
Wither 35/35 HP


Female Elf Fighter (cad) 2/unRogue (ms, uc) 2 | hp 31 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 18 (varies) | F +4 R +7 W +0 | Spd 35' | Init +6 | KnHis +4, KnLoc +7, KnNob +4, Perc +7, SensM +4 |
Lady Alya De Qill wrote:
Here was a noble doing what they should do, stand up for the weak, save lives, and maintain the rule of law. The Female elf meant business.

Which is why at that moment she was juggling: a ball, a knife and a turkey leg, while balancing on the bleachers.

"It's all good that guy-" she says and takes a moment to switch to juggling with one hand to point out Razisus "-is a cleric. No doubt he can just channel the power of his god though his little swirly doodle symbol thingy and reinvigorate this whole section!"

GM, roughly speaking (maybe illustrated on the map that isn't quite the map) what does the lay of the land actually look like (i.e. what's the height from the seats to the arena floor, where are the closest exits, is the box seating on the map actually there, the location or even general direction of the attackers, etc...)?

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

It isn't very clear at all, except your eventual objective will be to leave the Irorium. With that said, I am going to rule that the Arena floor is 10 feet below the railing in front of your seats. The exits at the left and rights sides of the arena are open.

Inside the Irorium is pandemonium right now groups of Goblins are engaging with citizens of Absalom all through the building. Behind the screen, I roll the encounters on a random table. Your first encounter happened to be a hazard. After the encounter, there is a random number of rounds where you can do other things, like move, regroup, or perform any other actions until you face a new encounter. You can make attacks at the Goblins around you (abstracted of course.) I will point of two more things. Three of your party members took significant damage from the acid, and I have already generated your next encounter and at some point a group of Goblins will break off to engage your group. They will engage you wherever you are when they appear.


Female Elf Fighter (cad) 2/unRogue (ms, uc) 2 | hp 31 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | CMD 18 (varies) | F +4 R +7 W +0 | Spd 35' | Init +6 | KnHis +4, KnLoc +7, KnNob +4, Perc +7, SensM +4 |

Madcap places herself between the party and the nearest apparent danger (goblins, I guess) until folks are sorted out. She readies to engage at range if an opening presents itself. If folks are ready before the goblins are she leads a charge into them.

Sovereign Court

Lady Alya De-Qill Investigator - Psychic Detective [L4] [LN] HP 23/23|AC17/21,T13/17,FF14/18|F +1*/R+7/W+5|CMB +3, CMD 15|Init+3|Per+10| SM +8/+8* | Ins6/6 day | LLV 120' |

GM not seeing goblins on the map yet, does that mean we have to find them?

Some had stayed, Good if they are up to it, this may go better than she thought. She noted one had already taken up a battle stance. Albert was a jester of some kind. Sadily some were not as nimble as herself and seemed to be the waste of wear from Acid splashes.

"If any of you have any form of mass healing, now is the time to use it while we are all bunched up"

She suggested. But then she curet herself,
Kn Nat 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 10 + (5) = 18

"But wait for Mater Dhampir here to move away, Some Dhampir I know don't like such kinds of healing"

Grand Archive

Thread for #3-08: Foundation's Price and #3-12: Fury's Toll | |

I am obviously not being clear. Your first encounter was the Acid Hazard. You are currently in between encounters. The Goblins will appear when your next encounter starts.

1 to 50 of 352 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Computerpro82 PF1 Year of the Shadow Lodge All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.