GM Valen's Pathfinder Society Scenario: #1-14 Lions of Katapesh (August 2023)(18 Challenge Points) (Inactive)

Game Master Lysle

Start Date: We've Begun!

We're done! Chronicle sheets posted in Gameplay thread.

Slides


101 to 150 of 188 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Horizon Hunters

AC 17 (+19 with shield raised); Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +6 HP 34/34

"Considering that the wolves that attacked us breathed fire I agree something odd is going on. We should be on guard for anything at this point."


Could we have healed up with two of us having continuous ocean balm


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Pearl and Bob wrote:

"Considering that the wolves that attacked us breathed fire I agree something odd is going on. We should be on guard for anything at this point."


Could we have healed up with two of us having continuous ocean balm

Certainly.

What does the party wish to do?

I see: 1 vote to rest for night. 1 vote to track the creatures. Any others?

Horizon Hunters

Dwarf Fire Kineticist 2

"I guess we should wait for the night and afterwards track for these creatures, I worry that if we do that now we may leave the camp unprotected for too long into the night."

Horizon Hunters

AC 17 (+19 with shield raised); Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +6 HP 34/34

"Yeah lets wait until tomorrow. I don't want the camp to be unprotected either."

Horizon Hunters

Female Gnome Single Gate Kineticist(Water) - 3 | hp:47/47 | HP:1/3 | AC:17 | F11 R8 W7 | P5 | 25ft | DV | HH | 124312-2020

What she said


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

I have awarded a Hero Point to Pearl for her perserverence.

While the Pathfinders stay in the camp, they are able to patrol and rest. As night falls, the goblins engage in an evening of antics and lots of flames, before eventually trying to get some sleep.

Initiatives:

Axel, Perception, Search: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Basalt, Perceotion, Defend: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Welby, Perception, Search: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Pearl, Perception, Search: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Rinshu, Stealth, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Ami, Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Cat (blue), Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Cat (green), Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Cat (red), Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Cat (yellow), Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Unable to rest, Zig volunteers to take watch. He climbs to the top of the supply shed. As the hours pass by, Zig spots movement near the open gate to the south, near the bridge. "There's something out there!" he calls out.

But, the sharp-eyed Pathfinder Axel Zeldo, the "White Wolf", senses that the movement is a distraction caused by two large cats near the gate and that another pair of spotted cats are approaching the outer walls to the north and the east.

CAMP ATTACK! - Round One Begins!

PCs in bold may act

Axel
Cat (green)
Cat (red)
Welby
Cat (blue)
Rinshu
Ami
Pearl
Cat (yellow)
Basalt

Locations of all cats now posted on Map.

Envoy's Alliance

CN Kholo (Great) Gunslinger (Vanguard) / Ranger 3 | ◆◇↺ | Explore: Search
Stats:
AC 20 (or 21 / 22 initiative) | Fortitude (+8), Reflex (+10), Will (+8) | Perception (+8 or +10 to seek prey) w/ Lowlight and Scent | Speed 25
♥️ 40/40 | ☘️ ☑□ | ✋ Dread Ampoule | ⚕ none | Prey: none| Munitions @ (DA□□/BL□□/B:FP□□) | Life Shot Stash (□□□□)

What is that smell!?

Drawing a curious jar of ichor color from his bandolier, our chuckling hero uncorks it with his teeth, and sticking his tongue out, takes aim at the Yellow cat - "Clean shot!" - it goes flying, the stank of pungent mustard brimstone radiating out, and coating both the Yellow and Blue cats with sticky, stunky gunk!

◆) Draw Skunk Bomb (Lesser)
◆) Hunt Prey vs Yellow (no range penalty w/in 2nd increment)
◆) Strike vs Yellow w/ Splash vs Blue

Skunk Bomb (1d4 poison, 1 splash) w/ Sickened / Slowed (Fort DC 15) vs Yellow splash Blue: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 251d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Axel Zeldo, the "White Wolf" wrote:

What is that smell!?

Drawing a curious jar of ichor color from his bandolier, our chuckling hero uncorks it with his teeth, and sticking his tongue out, takes aim at the Yellow cat - "Clean shot!" - it goes flying, the stank of pungent mustard brimstone radiating out, and coating both the Yellow and Blue cats with sticky, stunky gunk!

Cat (blue), Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Cat (yellow), Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

One of the cats (green) climbs up and over the reinforcements.
Climb
It approaches a tent.
Stride
Rips it open and pulls out a sleeping goblin by its neck!
Interact

Another cat (red) does the same!
Climb; Stride; Interact

CAMP ATTACK! - Round One Cont'd!

PCs in bold may act

Axel
Cat (green)
Cat (red)
Welby
Cat (blue) -2 HP (sickened 1 and slowed 1 while sickened)
Rinshu
Ami
Pearl
Cat (yellow) -2 HP (sickened 1)
Basalt

Locations of all cats now posted on Map.

Current Morale Points: 11

Radiant Oath

M Halfling NG Summoner 4 | AC 18 HP 58/58 F 10 R 8 W 9 Hero: 0/3 Hillock [ ] Focus: [ ] Spells: L1 3/3 L2 2/2 DC 20 Drake AC 20 F 11 R8 W8 Perc 8

"L-leave the goblins alone!" Welby says. Drake stomps over and attacks one of the cats.

◆◆◆) Act Together
◆) Welby - Boost Eidolon
◆) Drake - Stride
◆) Drake - Stride
◆) Drake - Attack Beak: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29Piercing dmg: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Welby Goodsole wrote:
"L-leave the goblins alone!" Welby says. Drake stomps over and attacks one of the cats.

Critical hit!

The cat (red) is badly injured!

Another cat moves forward and pounces sickly on Axel!
Pounce!
Stride and Strike, melee jaws +10 (finesse): 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 1 = 29
Damage piercing plus Grab: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Grab
The cat bites, but is too sick to ingest any flesh. Its clamping teeth simply dig in through muscle and bone, holding tight.
As it is slowed 1, it can take no other actions this turn

CAMP ATTACK! - Round One Cont'd!

PCs in bold may act

Axel -24 HP (grabbed)
Cat (green)
Cat (red) -28 HP
Welby
Cat (blue) -2 HP (sickened 1 and slowed 1 while sickened; jaws grabbed)
Rinshu
Ami
Pearl

Cat (yellow) -2 HP (sickened 1)
Basalt

Locations of all cats now posted on Map.

Current Morale Points: 11

Horizon Hunters

Female Gnome Single Gate Kineticist(Water) - 3 | hp:47/47 | HP:1/3 | AC:17 | F11 R8 W7 | P5 | 25ft | DV | HH | 124312-2020

Ami blasts Blue with a torrent of water
blast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 water: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 ((2 actions))

She then steps back

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 17 (+19 with shield raised); Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +6 HP 34/34


Battle Medicine DC 15 on Axel
dc 15 medicine: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
heal critical: 4d8 ⇒ (7, 7, 4, 5) = 23
Attack blue two action impulse: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Pearl spends her time tending to Axel's wounds distracting her from the attack against the tiger.

Horizon Hunters

Psychic 3 / HP 32/32, Perc +6, AC 19, Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +8 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Toughness, Quillcoat shisk, Surprise Attack

The Shisk casts a spell towards the red one.

Phase bolt:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

On a success, reduce the target's circumstance bonus to AC (if any) by 1 until the beginning of your next turn.

Then he rushes to protect the goblins in the North.


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Axel heals and Rinshu terminates one of the big cats (red).

Another cat (yellow) wretches and coughs.
Fortitude: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Still ill, it pounces on Ami.

Pounce!
Stride and Strike, melee jaws +10 (finesse): 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 1 = 21
Damage piercing plus Grab: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Grab

It bites down hard on the Pathfinder.

CAMP ATTACK! - Round One Cont'd/Round Two Begins!

PCs in bold may act

Basalt
Round Two
Axel -1 HP (grabbed)
Cat (green)
Cat (red) -33 HP
Welby
Cat (blue) -2 HP (sickened 1 and slowed 1 while sickened; jaws grabbed)
Rinshu
Ami -11 HP (grabbed)
Pearl
Cat (yellow) -2 HP (sickened 1; jaws grabbed)
Basalt

Locations of all cats now posted on Map.

Current Morale Points: 11

Envoy's Alliance

CN Kholo (Great) Gunslinger (Vanguard) / Ranger 3 | ◆◇↺ | Explore: Search
Stats:
AC 20 (or 21 / 22 initiative) | Fortitude (+8), Reflex (+10), Will (+8) | Perception (+8 or +10 to seek prey) w/ Lowlight and Scent | Speed 25
♥️ 40/40 | ☘️ ☑□ | ✋ Dread Ampoule | ⚕ none | Prey: none| Munitions @ (DA□□/BL□□/B:FP□□) | Life Shot Stash (□□□□)

Struggling to draw his weapon and caught in a tangle of claws and teeth, Axel loses his cool, and flails wildly to fling the cat from his person!

Interact vs Grabbed (DC 5) Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 4 @ Fail
Interact vs Grabbed (DC 5) Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 1 @ Fail

◆) Draw Harmona Gun (Fail)
◆) Draw Harmona Gun (Fail)
◆) Shove

Shove (Athletics, Expert, Great Gnoll) vs Grabbing Cat (Fortitude DC): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

His characteristic smugness expresses an eyebrow of concern as the "easy" task of shooting down a few cats proves to be more difficult than he imagined!


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Axel Zeldo, the "White Wolf" wrote:
His characteristic smugness expresses an eyebrow of concern as the "easy" task of shooting down a few cats proves to be more difficult than he imagined!

Axel shoves the cat back!

CAMP ATTACK! - Round One Cont'd/Round Two Cont'd!

PCs in bold may act

Basalt
Round Two
Axel -1 HP (grabbed)
Cat (green)
Welby
Cat (blue) -2 HP (sickened 1 and slowed 1 while sickened; jaws grabbed)
Rinshu
Ami -11 HP (grabbed)
Pearl
Cat (yellow) -2 HP (sickened 1; jaws grabbed)
Basalt

Locations of all cats now posted on Map.

Current Morale Points: 11

Horizon Hunters

Dwarf Fire Kineticist 2

With a cat in distance, Basalt quickly deploys his kinetic aura and directs a couple of attacks towards it, before taking a defensive position.

◆Channel Elements, ◇Elemental Blast 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 bludgeoning: 1d8 ⇒ 8
◆Elemental Blast, thrown1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 bludgeoning: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
◆Raise Shield.

and misses miserably


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Basalt. wrote:

With a cat in distance, Basalt quickly deploys his kinetic aura and directs a couple of attacks towards it, before taking a defensive position.

and misses miserably

With the lifeless corpse of a goblin within its toothy maw, one of the big cats (green) makes its way back from whence it came, dragging the goblin's remains with it.

Stride/Climb/Stride

CAMP ATTACK! - Round Two Cont'd!

PCs in bold may act

Axel -1 HP (grabbed CORRECTED)
Cat (green)
Welby
Cat (blue) -2 HP (sickened 1 and slowed 1 while sickened;jaws grabbed CORRECTED)
Rinshu
Ami -11 HP (grabbed)
Pearl
Cat (yellow) -2 HP (sickened 1; jaws grabbed)
Basalt

Locations of all cats now posted on Map.

Current Morale Points: 11

Radiant Oath

M Halfling NG Summoner 4 | AC 18 HP 58/58 F 10 R 8 W 9 Hero: 0/3 Hillock [ ] Focus: [ ] Spells: L1 3/3 L2 2/2 DC 20 Drake AC 20 F 11 R8 W8 Perc 8

Having a hard time moving Drake on my iPad. Please do it for me. Should have regular access by tomorrow.

Drake charges towards the nearest cat and attacks it.

Act together [3]
Welby - boost eidolon
Drake - stride, attack nearest cat beak: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16dmg: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
wing: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20dmg: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Radiant Oath

M Halfling NG Summoner 4 | AC 18 HP 58/58 F 10 R 8 W 9 Hero: 0/3 Hillock [ ] Focus: [ ] Spells: L1 3/3 L2 2/2 DC 20 Drake AC 20 F 11 R8 W8 Perc 8

Looks like Drake needed to stride twice and then only managed to attack once. Have moved its token.


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Welby Goodsole wrote:
Drake charges towards the nearest cat and attacks it.

The cat manages to duck the duck.

It then tries to cough out the remnants of the stink bomb.
Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

But, is unable to do so. It turns on the duck.
Strike, melee jaws +10 (finesse) w/sickened: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 1 = 15
Damage piercing: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

CAMP ATTACK! - Round Two Cont'd!

PCs in bold may act

Axel -1 HP
Cat (green)
Welby
Cat (blue) -2 HP (sickened 1 and slowed 1 while sickened)
Rinshu
Ami
-11 HP (grabbed)
Pearl
Cat (yellow) -2 HP (sickened 1; jaws grabbed)
Basalt

Locations of all cats now posted on Map.

Current Morale Points: 11

Horizon Hunters

AC 17 (+19 with shield raised); Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +6 HP 34/34


Move
2 action elemental blast melee attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 24 vs ff yellow
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 2 = 11 bludgeoning
Impulse effect I move yellow one square

"Arggg... You blasted animal. If you are going to attack anyone. Attack me," screams Pearl as she slams the lion with a blast of water that moves the creature away from her friend and towards her.


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Pearl and Bob wrote:
"Arggg... You blasted animal. If you are going to attack anyone. Attack me," screams Pearl as she slams the lion with a blast of water that moves the creature away from her friend and towards her.

CAMP ATTACK! - Round Two Cont'd!

PCs in bold may act

Axel -1 HP
Cat (green)
Welby
Cat (blue) -2 HP (sickened 1 and slowed 1 while sickened)
Rinshu
Ami
-11 HP
Pearl
Cat (yellow) -13 HP (sickened 1)
Basalt

Locations of all cats now posted on Map.

Current Morale Points: 11

Horizon Hunters

Psychic 3 / HP 32/32, Perc +6, AC 19, Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +8 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Toughness, Quillcoat shisk, Surprise Attack

The green leopatd fleeing the Shisk moves towards the remaining ones to cast a spell firing a bolt at the yellow one.

Phase bolt:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Horizon Hunters

Female Gnome Single Gate Kineticist(Water) - 3 | hp:47/47 | HP:1/3 | AC:17 | F11 R8 W7 | P5 | 25ft | DV | HH | 124312-2020

Ami is rather relieved to have that cat knocked off her. Thanks Pearl

She then fires her own blast at Yellow.
blast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 water: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 ((2 actions))


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Both bolt and blast fail to connect with a cat.

The cat closest to Pearl coughs.
Retch, Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Feeling better, it bites back!

Strike, melee jaws +10 (finesse) v Pearl: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Damage piercing: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Grab

CAMP ATTACK! - Round Two Cont'd/Round Three Begins!

PCs in bold may act

Basalt
Round Three
Axel -1 HP
Cat (green)
Welby
Cat (blue) -2 HP (sickened 1 and slowed 1 while sickened)
Rinshu
Ami -11 HP
Pearl =10 HP (grabbed)
Cat (yellow) -13 HP (grabbing with jaws)
Basalt

Locations of all cats now posted on Map.

Current Morale Points: 11

Envoy's Alliance

CN Kholo (Great) Gunslinger (Vanguard) / Ranger 3 | ◆◇↺ | Explore: Search
Stats:
AC 20 (or 21 / 22 initiative) | Fortitude (+8), Reflex (+10), Will (+8) | Perception (+8 or +10 to seek prey) w/ Lowlight and Scent | Speed 25
♥️ 40/40 | ☘️ ☑□ | ✋ Dread Ampoule | ⚕ none | Prey: none| Munitions @ (DA□□/BL□□/B:FP□□) | Life Shot Stash (□□□□)

Free to shake about, Axel takes mean aim at the fleeing kitty with the dead goblin, and shoots through the cover of the fence!

Strike w/ Potent Harmona Gun (Blunt, 150-ft) vs Fleeing Green Wolf w/ Cover (+2 AC): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 251d10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

◆) Draw Harmona Gun
◆) Strike vs Green
◆) Reload

Horizon Hunters

Dwarf Fire Kineticist 2

Basalt decides to try and stop the blue wolf from fleeing the scene.

◆◆ Elemental Blast (fire) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 241d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 fire damage.
◆◇ Elemental Blast (fire), agile 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d6 ⇒ 2 fire damage.


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Although wounded, one of the cats drags the goblin corpse into the deeper darkness.
Stride off Map

CAMP ATTACK! - Round Three Cont'd!

PCs in bold may act

Axel -1 HP
Cat (green) -6 HP
Welby
Cat (blue) -11 HP (sickened 1 and slowed 1 while sickened)
Rinshu
Ami -11 HP
Pearl -10 HP (grabbed)
Cat (yellow) -13 HP (grabbing with jaws)
Basalt

Locations of all cats now posted on Map.

Current Morale Points: 11

Radiant Oath

M Halfling NG Summoner 4 | AC 18 HP 58/58 F 10 R 8 W 9 Hero: 0/3 Hillock [ ] Focus: [ ] Spells: L1 3/3 L2 2/2 DC 20 Drake AC 20 F 11 R8 W8 Perc 8

"P-please drop Pearl!" Welby says to the yellow cat. Drake honks and moves to attack the cat and make it drop Pearl.

◆◆◆ Act Together
◆ Welby - Boost Eidolon
◆ Drake - Stride
◆ Drake - Peck yellow Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 Piercing dmg: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
◆ Drake - Bldg yellow Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Bldgdmg: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Drake badly injures one of the cats (yellow) with a pair of attacks!

Another cat (blue) hacks.
Retch, Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Leaving a furball behind, its mouth opens wider to try and clamp on the large bird.

Strike, melee jaws +10 (finesse) v Drake: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Damage piercing: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Strike, melee jaws +10 (finesse) v Drake: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 4 = 24
Damage piercing: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

CAMP ATTACK! - Round Three Cont'd!

PCs in bold may act

Axel -1 HP
Welby
-Drake -5 HP
Cat (blue) -11 HP
Rinshu
Ami
-11 HP
Pearl -10 HP (grabbed)
Cat (yellow) -27 HP (grabbing with jaws)
Basalt

Locations of all cats now posted on Map.

Current Morale Points: 11

Horizon Hunters

Female Gnome Single Gate Kineticist(Water) - 3 | hp:47/47 | HP:1/3 | AC:17 | F11 R8 W7 | P5 | 25ft | DV | HH | 124312-2020

Ami blasts Yellow.
water blast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 bludgeoning: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 ((2 actions))

Horizon Hunters

Psychic 3 / HP 32/32, Perc +6, AC 19, Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +8 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Toughness, Quillcoat shisk, Surprise Attack

The Shisk casts a spell firing a bolt at the yellow one.

Phase bolt: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Ami's blast misses. Rinshu's phase bolt does not. The cat (yellow) drops dead.

CAMP ATTACK! - Round Three Cont'd/Round Four Begins!

PCs in bold may act

Cat (blue) -11 HP
Rinshu
Ami -11 HP
Pearl -10 HP
Cat (yellow) -34 HP
Basalt
Round Four
Axel -1 HP
Welby
-Drake
-5 HP

Locations of all cats now posted on Map.

Current Morale Points: 11

Radiant Oath

M Halfling NG Summoner 4 | AC 18 HP 58/58 F 10 R 8 W 9 Hero: 0/3 Hillock [ ] Focus: [ ] Spells: L1 3/3 L2 2/2 DC 20 Drake AC 20 F 11 R8 W8 Perc 8

Drake, angry at being bitten, strikes at the remaining cat while honking madly.

◆◆◆ Act Together
◆ Welby - Boost Eidolon
◆ Drake - Peck piercing dmg Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
◆ Drake - Wing buffet Bldg Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15Dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
◆ Drake - Wing buffet Bldg Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14Dmg: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Envoy's Alliance

CN Kholo (Great) Gunslinger (Vanguard) / Ranger 3 | ◆◇↺ | Explore: Search
Stats:
AC 20 (or 21 / 22 initiative) | Fortitude (+8), Reflex (+10), Will (+8) | Perception (+8 or +10 to seek prey) w/ Lowlight and Scent | Speed 25
♥️ 40/40 | ☘️ ☑□ | ✋ Dread Ampoule | ⚕ none | Prey: none| Munitions @ (DA□□/BL□□/B:FP□□) | Life Shot Stash (□□□□)

Our kholo hero - a bit of a bully - but never-the-less of reasonably moderate morale compass, steps forward to engage the last cat, and pistol-whipping it with his longarm's stock, shoots it point blank in the face!

◆) Step
◆) Strike (melee w/ flank)
◆) Strike (ranged - point blank)

Strike w/ Reinforced Stock (blunt) vs Blue Cat (Flanked): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 271d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Strike w/ Potent Harmona Gun (blunt) w/ MAP (-5) vs Blue Cat: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 5 = 111d10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

"Lost your friend" he laments, about the cat (or two?) that got away...


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)

Drake pesks the beast. Zeldo finishes it.

COMBAT OVER

Gave a Hero Point to Axel for the kill.

Party Status
Ami -11 HP
Pearl -10 HP
Axel -1 HP
Drake[/b] -5 HP

PCs who would like some insight into the cats may attempt a Nature check.

The goblins cast the remains of their fallen comrade onto the fire, apparently repeating a ritual that has become somewhat commonplace.

Zig insists on maintaining a watch through the remainder of the night, but it passes without futher incidence.

What do you wish to do, Pathfinders? Reconfigure the defenses? Try to track the fleeing beast? Something else entirely?

Radiant Oath

M Halfling NG Summoner 4 | AC 18 HP 58/58 F 10 R 8 W 9 Hero: 0/3 Hillock [ ] Focus: [ ] Spells: L1 3/3 L2 2/2 DC 20 Drake AC 20 F 11 R8 W8 Perc 8

Nature: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

"Oh dear.. those p-poor gobs.." Welby says. Drake brushes away the cat bite, happy to have taught it a lesson.

Drake quacks. "D-drake thinks we should track t-them... before the t-trail goes c-cold.." Welby seems reluctant to give up on his sleep though.

Of course Drake's decision is more important so the vote is for follow after healing up of course.

Horizon Hunters

Psychic 3 / HP 32/32, Perc +6, AC 19, Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +8 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Toughness, Quillcoat shisk, Surprise Attack

This time we must track the fleeing beast. Oh yes yes yes, we must track it.

The Shisk makes some moves with his spear.

Horizon Hunters

Female Gnome Single Gate Kineticist(Water) - 3 | hp:47/47 | HP:1/3 | AC:17 | F11 R8 W7 | P5 | 25ft | DV | HH | 124312-2020

I agree. And we do what we should have done before. Group the goblins in one space so they can be protected properly.

She starts using Ocean's Balm on those who need it.

Envoy's Alliance

CN Kholo (Great) Gunslinger (Vanguard) / Ranger 3 | ◆◇↺ | Explore: Search
Stats:
AC 20 (or 21 / 22 initiative) | Fortitude (+8), Reflex (+10), Will (+8) | Perception (+8 or +10 to seek prey) w/ Lowlight and Scent | Speed 25
♥️ 40/40 | ☘️ ☑□ | ✋ Dread Ampoule | ⚕ none | Prey: none| Munitions @ (DA□□/BL□□/B:FP□□) | Life Shot Stash (□□□□)

Axel designates fleeing green kitty as his prey!

◆) Hunt Prey

He then immediately sets to tracking it!

Track (Survival, Trained) w/ Hunt Prey (+2): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 = 13
Hero Point!
Track (Survival, Trained) w/ Hunt Prey (+2): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18

Horizon Hunters

1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 17 (+19 with shield raised); Fort +10, Ref +7, Will +6 HP 34/34


Ocean Balm
ami: 1d8 ⇒ 5
pearl: 1d8 ⇒ 2
axel: 1d8 ⇒ 1
drake: 1d8 ⇒ 6

"First lets heal up before we head out. I don't want to be ambushed by lions again. Then we'll follow the lions"

Radiant Oath

M Halfling NG Summoner 4 | AC 18 HP 58/58 F 10 R 8 W 9 Hero: 0/3 Hillock [ ] Focus: [ ] Spells: L1 3/3 L2 2/2 DC 20 Drake AC 20 F 11 R8 W8 Perc 8

"T-thank you Pearl!" Welby says. Drake looks better now that it's healed up.

Horizon Hunters

Psychic 3 / HP 32/32, Perc +6, AC 19, Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +8 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Toughness, Quillcoat shisk, Surprise Attack

We will kill the lions. Kill the lions. Kill the lions. Yes we will. Yes we will.

And he begins a small dance with his spear.

Horizon Hunters

Female Gnome Single Gate Kineticist(Water) - 3 | hp:47/47 | HP:1/3 | AC:17 | F11 R8 W7 | P5 | 25ft | DV | HH | 124312-2020

Ocean Balm
ami: 1d8 ⇒ 3
pearl: 1d8 ⇒ 7
axel: 1d8 ⇒ 3
drake: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Radiant Oath

M Halfling NG Summoner 4 | AC 18 HP 58/58 F 10 R 8 W 9 Hero: 0/3 Hillock [ ] Focus: [ ] Spells: L1 3/3 L2 2/2 DC 20 Drake AC 20 F 11 R8 W8 Perc 8

"T-thank you Ami, but Drake is fine already!" Welby says.

Drake joins in the dance with Rinshu.


Devil We Know | Burden of Envy | B12 Somewhere Below (GM School)
Axel Zeldo, the "White Wolf" wrote:

Axel designates fleeing green kitty as his prey!

He then immediately sets to tracking it!

It is not long before Axel concludes that he has found the trail of the kitty.

The trail leads to a cave within the side of a hill.

[spoiler=Initiatives]
Axel, Perception, Search: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Basalt, Perceotion, Defend: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Welby, Perception, Search: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Pearl, Perception, Search: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Rinshu, Stealth, Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Ami, Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Cat (green), Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
?, ?: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

However, as the party enters the cave, they find the quary has become the hunter!

The injured cat they were tracking releases the remains of the goblin from its jaws. Recognizing Axel, the cat races toward the Pathfinder and pounces!
Stride x2; Pounce
Melee, jaws (finesse): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Damage piercing: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

As the cat draws blood, a much larger cat with a flowing mane saunters forward to inspect the dead goblin. Old and grizzled, this older cat has a hint of intelligence within its cat's eyes.
Stride x3

A VENDETTA AND THE LAIR! - Round One Begins!

PCs in bold may act

Cat (green) -6 HP
Bigger cat
Ami -3 HP
Rinhu
Axel
-25 HP
Welby
Basalt
Pearl
-1 HP

Radiant Oath

M Halfling NG Summoner 4 | AC 18 HP 58/58 F 10 R 8 W 9 Hero: 0/3 Hillock [ ] Focus: [ ] Spells: L1 3/3 L2 2/2 DC 20 Drake AC 20 F 11 R8 W8 Perc 8

"O-oh dear..." Welby says. Drake charges and runs around to strike the smaller cat.

◆◆◆) Act Together
◆) Welby - Protect Companion
◆) Drake - Stride
◆) Drake - Stride
◆) Drake - Attack Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14Piercing dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Horizon Hunters

Female Gnome Single Gate Kineticist(Water) - 3 | hp:47/47 | HP:1/3 | AC:17 | F11 R8 W7 | P5 | 25ft | DV | HH | 124312-2020

Ami steps to get a better line on Green and sends out a torrent of water.
blast: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 water: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Horizon Hunters

Psychic 3 / HP 32/32, Perc +6, AC 19, Fort +6 Ref +8 Will +8 / Active conditions: Darkvision, Toughness, Quillcoat shisk, Surprise Attack

The Shisk unleashes a bolt of energy towards the cat.

Phase bolt: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

101 to 150 of 188 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Valen's Pathfinder Society Scenario: #1-14 Lions of Katapesh (August 2023) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.